Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• BeAStarBeAStar Posts: 61
    redrock wrote:
    Check your PM's... BeAStar had the info and she forwarded it to me and I'm forwarding it to you!

Amy - to post your pic, log in, create a post and when you do so, over (or thereabouts) the bit where you enter your text, there will be a little button to click to 'upload photo'. Just follow instructions... dead easy (well... maybe not when I explain it!)

Thanks - I'll give it a try later....
    nothing comes from nothing
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Thanks for helping me out guys....I still can't make it work though. I upload the image and nothing happens :/

Once you've created your post and published it, try going to the 'status' tab and 'republish entire blog'. that might do the trick!
  • not long now!

is anyone else flying from gatwick on wednesday morning? also, does anyone know if there are any near by youth hostels that still have beds available?
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • ronyrony Posts: 212
    try here, just search in dublin city and hostels

http://www.ireland.ie/Accommodation.aspx
  • thanks, i'll take a look.

is there a designated board hotel/hostel or anything?
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    thanks, i'll take a look.

is there a designated board hotel/hostel or anything?

try reading all the threads with the word Dublin in the title. :D usually a lot of the info is on the first page or something. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Well guys... guess we will see you for a drink on Wednesday before the gig. Won't be on here before then.My granda died the other night so I've the funeral to go to on tuesday. Wasn't going to go to the gig..thought about cancelling going to england.. didnt feel it was right. But, my mam and dad told me not to cancel anything and to go. Hopefully it will give me a bit of strength to see PJ live if you know what i mean.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything
    All my hopes and anger, pride and shame
    Make myself a pact not to shut doors on the past
    Just for today I am free"

Dublin 23/08/2006 ~~~Reading 27/08/2006

Wembley June '07 !!
  • Well guys... guess we will see you for a drink on Wednesday before the gig. Won't be on here before then.My granda died the other night so I've the funeral to go to on tuesday. Wasn't going to go to the gig..thought about cancelling going to england.. didnt feel it was right. But, my mam and dad told me not to cancel anything and to go. Hopefully it will give me a bit of strength to see PJ live if you know what i mean.

Very sorry to hear that Sneaky......I think you're doing the right thing though.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Well guys... guess we will see you for a drink on Wednesday before the gig. Won't be on here before then.My granda died the other night so I've the funeral to go to on tuesday. Wasn't going to go to the gig..thought about cancelling going to england.. didnt feel it was right. But, my mam and dad told me not to cancel anything and to go. Hopefully it will give me a bit of strength to see PJ live if you know what i mean.

I'm sorry to hear that Sneaky :( My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. :)

The PJ gig may well prove to be emotional but there will be lots of people around to give you support.

Argghhh my head hurts! *groans* I drank way to much last night, it was a friend's 21st b'day party.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Sorry Sneaky. You have my deepest sympathies.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • redrock wrote:
    Once you've created your post and published it, try going to the 'status' tab and 'republish entire blog'. that might do the trick!

Yeah, i tried that and it still doesn't work. Clearly the blog thinks I'm not pretty enough to be included :(

*le sigh *
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • so i eventually got my ass in gear and booked a room, 10 bed mixwed dorm, hmm but it is only € 16.50 and as it turns out pretty close to the point and the centre...

See you there!
    Just gimme me some truth...
    Well guys... guess we will see you for a drink on Wednesday before the gig. Won't be on here before then.My granda died the other night so I've the funeral to go to on tuesday. Wasn't going to go to the gig..thought about cancelling going to england.. didnt feel it was right. But, my mam and dad told me not to cancel anything and to go. Hopefully it will give me a bit of strength to see PJ live if you know what i mean.

So sorry to hear that Sneaky One.... my thoughts are with you and your family.
    Yeah, i tried that and it still doesn't work. Clearly the blog thinks I'm not pretty enough to be included :(

*le sigh *

:(:( Byrnzie!!!! Help........ :(:(:(
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

I'm sure he'd want you to go. You have my sympathy though.

*le sigh *

O.k, follow these steps. (Walk in a straight line!) Click on the link on the first page. Then click on the B-Blogger icon in the top left hand corner. Type the username and password. Click on 'Dublin-a-go-go' and then 'Edit'. You'll then see your original message. There's a coloured icon on that same page which, if you hover the cursor on it, will say 'Add image'. You then just browse for your image and Bobs ya Uncle! Easy! :D
    White Riot wrote:
    so i eventually got my ass in gear and booked a room, 10 bed mixwed dorm, hmm but it is only € 16.50 and as it turns out pretty close to the point and the centre...

See you there!

Cool! I'll add you to the list of travelling Toe tappers! :D
    Hey Byrnzie :) Jumping up and down yet??? :D
    redrock wrote:

Yeah. I'm getting scarily excited. :D
    redrock wrote:

Hey, check out 'MySpace' and type 'Pearl Jam' into the videos section and on the 2nd page you can see two of my clips from the Astoria under the titles 'Clips of Pearl Jam at The Astoria'. I'm just uploading another, longer clip now.
  • I cant wait!

I only got my tickets a few days ago...i got VIP ones!
  • NicoleL87 wrote:
    I cant wait!

:eek:

how??
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
    NicoleL87 wrote:
    I cant wait!

Yeah, how? VIP? So dya get back stage access or something? :confused:
    NicoleL87 wrote:
    I cant wait!

VIP? :eek:

what does it mean? :confused:

EDIT: I know what VIP means, I was just wondering what makes it VIP. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • CageyCagey Posts: 220
    Back stage I'd say, otherwise, how different could it be? what? they roll out a wee red carpet for you? :p
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
    Cagey wrote:
    Back stage I'd say, otherwise, how different could it be? what? they roll out a wee red carpet for you? :p

hey, you never know. :D:p
    I'm sorry to hear that Sneaky :( My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. :)

The PJ gig may well prove to be emotional but there will be lots of people around to give you support.

I'm sorry to hear that too. :o and I agree 100% with everything stoney just said.

Argghhh my head hurts! *groans* I drank way to much last night, it was a friend's 21st b'day party.

oh no. I'm so happy I very very rarely get headache/hangovers no matter how much I drink. :p but I'm sorry you're not feeling good.
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    eMMI wrote:
    hey, you never know. :D:p

Do you know if Sonic youth will play as an opener in Europe?
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Do you know if Sonic youth will play as an opener in Europe?

doesn't seem like it..

http://www.pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#138
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    eMMI wrote:

Hey thanks for that. Wolfmother is a band I wanted to check out as well so cool.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»