Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Hey thanks for that. Wolfmother is a band I wanted to check out as well so cool.

no probs. :)

yeh, Wolfmother's cool. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • collymcdcollymcd Posts: 39
    I don't think wolfmother will open, it probably would have been declared seeing as the other shows where declared. Notice the way the first and last show of europe are TBA? Maybe there might be a surprise in store??..
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    collymcd wrote:
    I don't think wolfmother will open, it probably would have been declared seeing as the other shows where declared. Notice the way the first and last show of europe are TBA? Maybe there might be a surprise in store??..

Why not? It said so on the list.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    collymcd wrote:

no, Wolfmother won't open in Dublin, I think they're somewhere else at the time. :o
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    no, Wolfmother won't open in Dublin, I think they're somewhere else at the time. :o

Yes they will open the Dutch show in Arnhem.
    Why not? It said so on the list.

yeh, but s/he's talking about the Dublin opener I think. :)

and that's TBA and not gonna be Wolfmother.
    eMMI wrote:
    yeh, but s/he's talking about the Dublin opener I think. :)

and that's TBA and not gonna be Wolfmother.

I know but I wasn´t asking for a Dublin opener. I just came here because I saw you here and hoped you could help, and I was right because you did.
    I know but I wasn´t asking for a Dublin opener. I just came here because I saw you here and hoped you could help, and I was right because you did.

I know. :)

aww. :) well, I'm glad I could help.
    eMMI wrote:
    I know. :)

aww. :) well, I'm glad I could help.

Ah you are just in it for the good karma it will earn you.:D No seriously thanks a heap. And now I will let all you Dubliners enjoy your pre gig thread. as it was supposed to be. Have fun you all, especially you ambassador of Finland.
    Ah you are just in it for the good karma it will earn you.:D No seriously thanks a heap. And now I will let all you Dubliners enjoy your pre gig thread. as it was supposed to be. Have fun you all, especially you ambassador of Finland.

thank you and you're welcome. :)

ooh, ambassador of Finland? cool. :cool: :D
  • CageyCagey Posts: 220
    Three days, and maybe longer .... we're nearly there lads :)
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
    Cagey wrote:

and lasses! :p
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Cagey wrote:
    This time in three days, I'll be standing outside the 10c ticket booth.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Ellie__Ellie__ Posts: 2
    Hey everyone, I never posted on here before but I am going to be in the point on Wednesday (cant wait) and I have no idea what sort of time I should get there coz I haven’t been to a gig in the point in years. So do any of you have any idea what sort of time people are going to start queuing ? I want to be as close to the front as possible (same as everyone I guess) and are they going to be giving out pit passes ? Sorry for all the questions, I tried to look it up but I keep getting different answers and I’m confused lol

Thanks,
    Ellie
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Hey Ellie, welcome :)
    If you have tickets from the general sale I'd advise going very early, maybe around 3/3:30 to get a good spot.
    It's not clear yet whether there's gonna be a pit or not. we just gotta wait and I see I guess.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • I'm bringing my family to Dublin; we're leaving in a few minutes to catch a plane. I missed the 10-club tickets but managed to get ticketbastard. I'm meeting a friend and his family from Norway, a last hurrah before our sons leave for college. Can't wait, see you all in the pubs.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Ellie__ wrote:
    Hey everyone, I never posted on here before but I am going to be in the point on Wednesday (cant wait) and I have no idea what sort of time I should get there coz I haven’t been to a gig in the point in years. So do any of you have any idea what sort of time people are going to start queuing ? I want to be as close to the front as possible (same as everyone I guess) and are they going to be giving out pit passes ? Sorry for all the questions, I tried to look it up but I keep getting different answers and I’m confused lol

Thanks,
    Ellie

Are you from Ireland? I'll add you to the list of travelling tricksters on the front page of the thread. There's a load of us meeting up in Temple bar at about 2pm for some pre-show beers if you wanna join us.
    I'm bringing my family to Dublin; we're leaving in a few minutes to catch a plane. I missed the 10-club tickets but managed to get ticketbastard. I'm meeting a friend and his family from Norway, a last hurrah before our sons leave for college. Can't wait, see you all in the pubs.

Hope to see ya there. We're meeting in the pub called the 'Temple Bar' which is in the Temple Bar area (strangely enough). There should be about 30 - 40 of us there.
    I'll add you to the list of Temperance society members on the front page of the thread. (I'm running out of thngs beginning with the letter T :eek: )
    eMMI wrote:
    and lasses! :p

Of course :D Sure I'm heading there with a lass meself, it was her that made it happen ;)
    Cagey wrote:
    Of course :D Sure I'm heading there with a lass meself, it was her that made it happen ;)

Hey, what happened to your pic on the blog? I didn't get to see it. :confused:
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    O.k, follow these steps. (Walk in a straight line!) Click on the link on the first page. Then click on the B-Blogger icon in the top left hand corner. Type the username and password. Click on 'Dublin-a-go-go' and then 'Edit'. You'll then see your original message. There's a coloured icon on that same page which, if you hover the cursor on it, will say 'Add image'. You then just browse for your image and Bobs ya Uncle! Easy! :D

Thanks for all your help guys but i still can't make it work. The image just doesn;t seem to upload and appear.

Ah well, worth a try anyway. At least i know what some of you guys look like now.

Hopefully we'll spot you in the pub but my girlfriend Gen should be fairly easily distinguishable with her short spikey blond hair and her Astoria t-shirt.....if you see someone like that with a guy who's wearing Rivers from Weezer style specs, thats probably us :)

well, bags are packed, at least mine is anyway :rolleyes

See you lot on the other side......of the channel that is :)

Hope everyone has safe journey
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    Thanks for all your help guys but i still can't make it work. The image just doesn;t seem to upload and appear.

Ah well, worth a try anyway. At least i know what some of you guys look like now.

Hopefully we'll spot you in the pub but my girlfriend Gen should be fairly easily distinguishable with her short spikey blond hair and her Astoria t-shirt.....if you see someone like that with a guy who's wearing Rivers from Weezer style specs, thats probably us :)

The size of your pic was probably too big. Oh well. See ya Wednesday! :D

I've just noticed that this thread appears on Google. Cool!
  • Ellie__Ellie__ Posts: 2
    Hey Ellie, welcome :)
    If you have tickets from the general sale I'd advise going very early, maybe around 3/3:30 to get a good spot.
    It's not clear yet whether there's gonna be a pit or not. we just gotta wait and I see I guess.

Ok Cool thanks, I can stop freaking out now ! I guess I’ll be there for 3 then !!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Are you from Ireland? I'll add you to the list of travelling tricksters on the front page of the thread. There's a load of us meeting up in Temple bar at about 2pm for some pre-show beers if you wanna join us.

Yeah I’m from Ireland. I don’t think I have any chance of getting all my friends in one place long enough to go for drinks before the gig though, Its hard enough trying to get them to the point !
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey, what happened to your pic on the blog? I didn't get to see it. :confused:

I didn't like me in that picture, maybe we'll stick another one up, got one up yourself?
  • BeAStarBeAStar Posts: 61

Okay - I got my photo uploaded to the blog (no problems). See you all in 3 days!!
    nothing comes from nothing
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    if any gracious soul has an extra ticket and money for a plane ticket...

i can entertain with silly songs like the Pearl Jam Alphabet Song

and i will try not to puke in Dublin.

:D
    Cagey wrote:
    I didn't like me in that picture, maybe we'll stick another one up, got one up yourself?

Yeah. If you click on 'archives' in the bottom right hand side of the blog you'll see me and a bunch of others.
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    if any gracious soul has an extra ticket and money for a plane ticket...

i can entertain with silly songs like the Pearl Jam Alphabet Song

and i will try not to puke in Dublin.

:D

Mate, that video clip is class. Unfortuntaely I haven't got a spare ticket. Someone on here the other day had a spare.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah. If you click on 'archives' in the bottom right hand side of the blog you'll see me and a bunch of others.

I lost the link to the blog anyhow, got it on ya there?
    Cagey wrote:
    I lost the link to the blog anyhow, got it on ya there?

It's on the first page of the thread.

O.k, here ya go...

http://dublin-a-go-go.blogspot.com/