Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Inion bui wrote:
    I have heard of places selling loads of tickets to the first person, not sure about sound cellar doing that, I know road records definitely wouldn't do that, if you're planning on going in there i'd give them a ring first and ask how they plan to sell them, how many per person.
    Well I went to Celtic note for oxegen and they let us all in a couple of minutes before and were asking how many each wanted so they had a total and they were just constantly printing. I remember when the Chilis sold out Slane they still had tickets a couple of hours later.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    foxymop79 wrote:
    No - the night clubs are Bojangles (for oldies - 30+) and Rubys. We went there about 3 years ago and they were a bit crap, and empty, but didn't see no buckets! This time we went we didn't try them (prefered to drink in Temple Bar then pass out!) but I'm sure they've been done up! The hotel is nice enough, the pub is very nice as is the Beer garden.

P.S: Only kidding about the oldie jibe!!!
    Lol, I don't mind the oldie jibe - I've never been to either place :D

Harcourt St. though has a few clubs and I think D2 is supposed to have a pretty good beergarden but I've never been there.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460

Harcourt St. though has a few clubs and I think D2 is supposed to have a pretty good beergarden but I've never been there.

Just covering my back in case I offended someone!!!!! I'm only 3 years off being an oldie though, and to be fair, feel ancient! Don't actually know how old you are!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Just covering my back in case I offended someone!!!!! I'm only 3 years off being an oldie though, and to be fair, feel ancient! Don't actually know how old you are!

25 :o I suppose it's an oldie to some people, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

D2 has THE best beer garden! Its huge, and there's even a barbeque on the go out there!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Inion buiInion bui Posts: 16
    Jennytree wrote:
    D2 has THE best beer garden! Its huge, and there's even a barbeque on the go out there!

D2, refresh my memory, where is that again?
    Jennytree wrote:

Is it open late? If people are staying around the harcourt Street area we could spend a lovely summers night, after an amazing gig, getting pissed in a beer garden!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Inion bui wrote:
    D2, refresh my memory, where is that again?

On Harcourt St, beside Copper Face Jacks, and on the way to the Redbox/Crawdaddy etc... the LUAS goes past it, too.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Inion buiInion bui Posts: 16
    Jennytree wrote:
    On Harcourt St, beside Copper Face Jacks, and on the way to the Redbox/Crawdaddy etc... the LUAS goes past it, too.

hmm, never been there, didn't know about the beer garden! beer garden would be so good after the gig :)
    Jennytree wrote:
    Oh I think maybe it was you who told me about it before then. I still haven’t made it yet. I usually just go to the temple bar.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Oh I think maybe it was you who told me about it before then. I still haven’t made it yet. I usually just go to the temple bar.

I haven't been out in that area in a long time... I'm still stuck in Fibs all the time these days. Its still fun though, no matter how bad the place smells! :)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Hey,

Everyone who wanted tickets to Dublin get them? It was very stressful stuff last night! By the looks of things, 10C didn't have an awful lot of tickets, either that or they just had huge demand!!

I am so hyped about this gig now, opening show and all, and a days drinking in the drinking capital, what a warm up to Leeds!! Sat and Sun at Leeds is just going to be nothing in comparison
    Dublin, Ireland - 23/08/2006
    Leeds, England - 25/08/2006
    Verona, Italy - 16/09/2006 (Row 4, 34/36)
    Prague, Czech. Rep - 22/09/2006
    Wembley, England - 18/06/2007
    O2, England - 18/08/2009
    Can't find any info about D2 's beer garden but I know the one in Russell Court hotel - Diceys Garden is open til 3am and is nice, has a bbq (I think) and a very nice bar so thats an option! It would be cool to start off in Temple Bar after the gig then head up to the Beer garden to end the night! (IF it's not pissing it down!)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    (IF it's not pissing it down!)

Now its guaranteed to happen! Fuck it... I'll be just after seeing Pearl Jam for the first time... I won't give a fuck about the rain!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • aob9aob9 Posts: 8
    No luck getting tickets thrrough T.C for Dublin. None available at 5PM, none left when I got access to a P.C at 7.30PM. Looks like they either had very little or there was huge demand. I'm a little panicky about getting them on Ticketmaster. I never have any luck getting 'HOT' tickets on that website. No doubt they will show up on ebay as soon as they are sold out though.
    Don't worry - I'm sure someone on here will help you out if they can, if you don't get tix!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Can't find any info about D2 's beer garden but I know the one in Russell Court hotel - Diceys Garden is open til 3am and is nice, has a bbq (I think) and a very nice bar so thats an option! It would be cool to start off in Temple Bar after the gig then head up to the Beer garden to end the night! (IF it's not pissing it down!)

Is this pre-gig drinks you're on about, or post gig drinks???? I'll be arriving in Dublin City centre at about 2pm on the Wednesday rearing to go, so let me know where y'all gonna be.
    P.s, Foxy, when dya reckon you'll have your barbie??? June, July??
    aob9 wrote:
    No luck getting tickets thrrough T.C for Dublin. None available at 5PM, none left when I got access to a P.C at 7.30PM. Looks like they either had very little or there was huge demand. I'm a little panicky about getting them on Ticketmaster. I never have any luck getting 'HOT' tickets on that website. No doubt they will show up on ebay as soon as they are sold out though.

They went on sale at 6pm matey. Sold out by 18:03pm. Whoops! You'll have to try Saturday.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Is this pre-gig drinks you're on about, or post gig drinks???? I'll be arriving in Dublin City centre at about 2pm on the Wednesday rearing to go, so let me know where y'all gonna be.

Post gig! We're getting in early morning, then doing some shopping/siteseeing, before heading to Temple Bar to get lunch at the Boxty
    house and then drinking in Temple Bar til time to head off to the show!

So we'll be in Temple Bar waiting for ya!

BBQ will prob be last week in July (first week of school hols) or mid August! Can't be doing anything in school time!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Post gig! We're getting in early morning, then doing some shopping/siteseeing, before heading to Temple Bar to get lunch at the Boxty

BBQ will prob be last week in July (first week of school hols) or mid August! Can't be doing anything in school time!!!!!

Kool And The Gang!!!
    Byrnzie wrote:

Pre gig drinks will be in the queue. We need to go to a pub before it's back to my place anyway :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pre gig drinks will be in the queue.

pre-gig drinks are in the pub for me at least... whats the point in queuing when you have a wristband to get to the front anyway... ;)

UKDave, Chime, Keithos, Byrnzie, VV, etc etc etc... et al... we'll be meeting in the pub in the afternnon right?? no need to hit queue to early if we get in early anyway??

Astoria crew :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Pre gig drinks will be in the queue. We need to go to a pub before it's back to my place anyway :)

In the queue eh? Sounds good! I can't wait... it will be fun to see them in Dublin!! And make up for the one I missed 5 years ago!!!!!
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ..whats the point in queuing when you have a wristband to get to the front anyway... ;)

quote]

Depends how in front you want to be. How many hundreds with wristbands?
    foxymop79 wrote:

this all sounds like my itinerary to FoxyM

Temple Bar for obvious reasons... then showtime :)

back to Temple Bar for boozing... then whatever :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    Depends how in front you want to be. How many hundreds with wristbands?
    I dont know, but even if its 500 then we'll be about 2 deep along the front!!

i just think its madness to be queuing from like 2pm or whatever when we get in front first anyway???

i'm talking afternoon drinks here anyway... could start queuing around 6pmish for the gig... thats half an hour later than we q'd at the Astoria and we were very close then as well.... mind you everyone was :)
    pre-gig drinks are in the pub for me at least... whats the point in queuing when you have a wristband to get to the front anyway... ;)

UKDave, Chime, Keithos, Byrnzie, VV, etc etc etc... et al... we'll be meeting in the pub in the afternnon right?? no need to hit queue to early if we get in early anyway??

I'm with you Dunkman! - - - -

Temple Bar for obvious reasons... then showtime

back to Temple Bar for boozing... then whatever - Heineken Helens!!
    In the queue eh? Sounds good! I can't wait... it will be fun to see them in Dublin!! And make up for the one I missed 5 years ago!!!!!

Well the last queue was such fun, I really don't see the big deal about the pub to be honest :cool: :D . Have you got your ticket?

And those English and Scots don't seem to understand that there is NOTHING near the point - there are no pubs or shops in that area.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I dont know, but even if its 500 then we'll be about 2 deep along the front!!

i just think its madness to be queuing from like 2pm or whatever when we get in front first anyway???

i'm talking afternoon drinks here anyway... could start queuing around 6pmish for the gig... thats half an hour later than we q'd at the Astoria and we were very close then as well.... mind you everyone was :)

True......
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838

Sounds good to me :D:D

p.s. see these badges you're making with your kit from woolies :D are they going to be Dublin '06 or Astoria Crew or both or have you not got that far in the planning ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?