Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    no email yet for me , but got tickets last night :D:D:D:D:D

and i think LouW has booked flights , so exciting !!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    I do recommend the Russell Court if anyone wants a hotel close to the centre and Temple Bar - it's only £65 per double/twin room and do a good brekkie! It's 3*, newly done out bar and restaurant. Nice beer garden, two nightclubs (can't remember what they were like - too drunk!) so it can be a little noisy but when you're mortal it doesn't matter!! It's 10/15 minute walk into the centre and Temple Bar! Octopus travel do rooms for £65! It's not the best hotel I've stayed in but it ain't the worst!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • foxymop79 wrote:
    No email confirmation. But I did email 10c about the lack of UK gigs and the reply I got back was this:

"We have announced all the confirmed European tour dates at this time."

Does this suggest there may be more at a later date? Or am I reading to much into it?

Someone got an email saying "this is all the dates" Suggesting that there wouldnt be anymore but surely there will be!

I booked my flights a few hours before i got tickets and Im staying the airport. Cant wait :)
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I would, but I can't stand the sound of snoring. I'd rather be homeless for a night than lay in a bed listening to 7 blokes snoring. I'm a bit uptight when it comes to things like that.

Me too, thats why we've paid more to book into a hotel!!!!! But for those on here who will be too drunk to care!!!!!!

I might send my boyfriend to stay there though!!! He snores, talks and makes silly noises in his sleep!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:
    no email yet for me , but got tickets last night :D:D:D:D:D

and i think LouW has booked flights , so exciting !!!!!!

Cool. Will see you again at Dublin and then Reading. Dave is taking my spare ticket.

Will you be booking into a hotel ? Lot of the guys seem not to be but I know I will need it :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Inion bui wrote:
    so good to see pics of the gig! think I was beside you guys, in that first photo, the guy second on the left, did he leave that leather jacket on all throughout the gig? cos me and my mate were astounded at him, the bloody heat in there!

That's me. Were you the one standing next to me at the front?? I did sweat buckets but I never take my jacket off...I had my camera, e.t.c in it so thought I'd leave it on. I must have lost a few pounds that night.
    Chime wrote:
    Cool. Will see you again at Dublin and then Reading. Dave is taking my spare ticket.

Will you be booking into a hotel ? Lot of the guys seem not to be but I know I will need it :)

we are booked it to yha female dorm , i think , but i'll check on it , do u want to come stay with us :D ?? do u have msn ??
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    we are booked it to yha female dorm , i think , but i'll check on it , do u want to come stay with us :D ?? do u have msn ??

Yeah would be good to come stay with you. Don't have msn. Could you PM details?
    Chime wrote:
    Yeah would be good to come stay with you. Don't have msn. Could you PM details?

sure , i'll pm u when my friend gets on line cos i left her to sort it all !
    yayyyyyyyyyyyy it will be ACE to be together again !
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ...You get half an hour in the morning and that's that :D

And that's only queueing for the loo!
    V V wrote:
    sure , i'll pm u when my friend gets on line cos i left her to sort it all !
    yayyyyyyyyyyyy it will be ACE to be together again !

Thanks.

I'm still thanking you for giving that homeless guy next to the cashpoint money. The good karma worked :)
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Morning everyone! Exciting night last night eh? ... just had to go down the pub and celebrate :)
  • Inion buiInion bui Posts: 16
    Byrnzie wrote:
    That's me. Were you the one standing next to me at the front?? I did sweat buckets but I never take my jacket off...I had my camera, e.t.c in it so thought I'd leave it on. I must have lost a few pounds that night.

oh so it was you with the jacket on, my god, i'm sure you did lose a few pounds, my clothes were soaked through, but I'd never be anywhere than right up the front with the crowd lifting me :)

I was to your right I guess, very long blonde hair and black hairband, black and red top.
    Chime wrote:
    Thanks.

I'm still thanking you for giving that homeless guy next to the cashpoint money. The good karma worked :)

my whole journey there seem to go like that . i tryed to get an earlyer train but missed it by a few seconds, huffing n puffin i got to the plateform , a women said "i just had my phone stolen could u give me 30p to make a call ?" I did without thinking then some old lady getting off the train had loads of huge bags so i help her out.
    thats how desporate i was to get in ! hahahaha ,

no i like to try n do good deeds everyday !
  • inceince Posts: 3
    Yesterday I couldn't get any ticket for Dublin. I just need 1 ticket!! I have my flight booked and I'll probably stay at The Oliver St. John Gogarty Hostel that someone talked about here. Flying on 21st and leaving on 26th.

If someone can help me.. here is my email address: victor@estupidafregona.net

THANKS.
    estupidafregona.net - Spanish Yellow World
    ince wrote:
    Yesterday I couldn't get any ticket for Dublin. I just need 1 ticket!! I have my flight booked and I'll probably stay at The Oliver St. John Gogarty Hostel that someone talked about here. Flying on 21st and leaving on 26th.

If someone can help me.. here is my email address: victor@estupidafregona.net

THANKS.

Try the general sale on Saturday - I'm sure you'll get one. I know a few people are gonna try to get them to help people out!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• inceince Posts: 3
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Try the general sale on Saturday - I'm sure you'll get one. I know a few people are gonna try to get them to help people out!
    I will try on Saturday but I am not so lucky with Ticketmaster :S
    estupidafregona.net - Spanish Yellow World
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    foxymop79 wrote:

I'm gonna try get some to help people out...I may get fired in the process but sure fuck it!!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    ince wrote:
    I will try on Saturday but I am not so lucky with Ticketmaster :S

Try seetickets also, I'm sure if you make sure you get the sites up quite a bit before the sale and have both ticketmaster and seetickets open, and keep refreshing the pages you should be fine! I think it depends on getting onto the site in the first place, which often crashes. If you log in at say 8am you should be okay! But if not - we'll all try!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Keithos wrote:
    Morning everyone! Exciting night last night eh? ... just had to go down the pub and celebrate :)

I know how you feel. I think what made it more of a buzz for me last night was the thought that I'd missed out as both my Dublin and Paris pages crashed as the payment was going through. When I found out that they had in fact gone through I was a tad gleeful - hence my use of the words: "...THERE THEY WERE MUTHAFUCKERS!!!! YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! DUBLIN HERE I COME!!!!! PARIS HERE I COME!!!!! AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!"
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Try seetickets also, I'm sure if you make sure you get the sites up quite a bit before the sale and have both ticketmaster and seetickets open, and keep refreshing the pages you should be fine! I think it depends on getting onto the site in the first place, which often crashes. If you log in at say 8am you should be okay! But if not - we'll all try!

As far as I know, seetickets don't do Irish gigs. Its just ticketmaster.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    I`ll also try the general sales..I`m just worried about that a whole bunch of other people as well are going to do that;) I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best..
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
    Jennytree wrote:
    As far as I know, seetickets don't do Irish gigs. Its just ticketmaster.

Good point - any other sites we can try? I should know that - I had such a hard job trying to find out if there were any gigs on when we went to Dublin in February!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Good point - any other sites we can try? I should know that - I had such a hard job trying to find out if there were any gigs on when we went to Dublin in February!

without a doubt soundcellar and road records are great for getting tickets when ticketmaster is sold out. just get in there early and you should be fine, sometimes if they're not overrun with people looking for tickets they will hold tickets for your for a few hours if you ring them, but for a gig like this i'm not sure.
    Inion bui wrote:
    without a doubt soundcellar and road records are great for getting tickets when ticketmaster is sold out. just get in there early and you should be fine, sometimes if they're not overrun with people looking for tickets they will hold tickets for your for a few hours if you ring them, but for a gig like this i'm not sure.

You would have to go see them in person though. Website-wise, there is only ticketmaster.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    You would have to go see them in person though. Website-wise, there is only ticketmaster.

well as a last resort if anyone can't get them via website on Saturday i'll go into sound cellar and see if I can get some
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘Check out the 1st pic. I'm the second from the left.’

Shite it’s a bit dark. In the second pic, I recognise the fella on the left and psychosmic.

‘I remember you drinking Smirnoff Ice at the weird place right enough’

Yeh, I think that may have been what finished me off.

‘i think i was on lager and gin&tonic chasers .... i repeat "I think"
    just brings back what a fuckin great night it was!!!
    I'm listening to that CD i did for ya... WWS is just amazing when loud!!’

Ha g&t??? lol, dunno if I remember you drinking that. I think I may have drank other stuff too. WWS – I KNOW :) and severed hand :) wow! I had them on the bus yesterday and today up really really loud and it was so hard not to jump up and start headbanging :D

‘Hey Keith how come you get to be Senior Member of the Astoria Crew?’

Cos he’s the most helpful person around… I think he deserves it :)

‘I have been reliably informed that Jurys Inn Custom House is a very close hotel to the venue’

Yeh dug, I told everyone! Jury’s are pretty good too – kinda the Irish travelodge. It’s halfway between the point and the city centre.

‘We've booked into the Russell Court Hotel’

Lol, I think the nightclub there is copper face jacks – I’ve been in there three times, twice I had my bag robbed and the other time there were big barrels on the floor collecting drips :o

‘yeah, i've booked Paramount Hotel in Temple Bar area’

And I checked – you’re over the Turks Head pub – I’m pretty sure it’s a gay pub :D

‘And that's only queueing for the loo!’

Well we have two so that should speed it up a bit. I’ll have to reiterate though – NO SLEEPING in the toilets :D

‘I'm gonna try get some to help people out’

Does that mean you’re gonna queue with me Jenny??? :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Inion bui wrote:
    well as a last resort if anyone can't get them via website on Saturday i'll go into sound cellar and see if I can get some

Hmm... I might be better queuing at soundcellar rather than Celtic note then. I know Celtic note are really efficient and well organised when it comes to stuff like this but I've heard of places where it's only first person in gets tickets. Anyone have any experiences with soundcellar?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Hmm... I might be better queuing at soundcellar rather than Celtic note then. I know Celtic note are really efficient and well organised when it comes to stuff like this but I've heard of places where it's only first person in gets tickets. Anyone have any experiences with soundcellar?

I have heard of places selling loads of tickets to the first person, not sure about sound cellar doing that, I know road records definitely wouldn't do that, if you're planning on going in there i'd give them a ring first and ask how they plan to sell them, how many per person.
    ‘We've booked into the Russell Court Hotel’

Lol, I think the nightclub there is copper face jacks – I’ve been in there three times, twice I had my bag robbed and the other time there were big barrels on the floor collecting drips :o:)

No - the night clubs are Bojangles (for oldies - 30+) and Rubys. We went there about 3 years ago and they were a bit crap, and empty, but didn't see no buckets! This time we went we didn't try them (prefered to drink in Temple Bar then pass out!) but I'm sure they've been done up! The hotel is nice enough, the pub is very nice as is the Beer garden.

P.S: Only kidding about the oldie jibe!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)