Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Well the last queue was such fun, I really don't see the big deal about the pub to be honest :cool: :D . Have you got your ticket?

And those English and Scots don't seem to understand that there is NOTHING near the point - there are no pubs or shops in that area.

Your dam right I have my ticket!!!!! The queue was great! And we'll make sure that dublin won't just be great... it will be epic!! We should bring a disposable bbq lol!!!

I can't wait!!!!!
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    pre-gig drinks are in the pub for me at least... whats the point in queuing when you have a wristband to get to the front anyway... ;)

UKDave, Chime, Keithos, Byrnzie, VV, etc etc etc... et al... we'll be meeting in the pub in the afternnon right?? no need to hit queue to early if we get in early anyway??

Astoria crew :cool:

I think it's gonna be an Astoria Crew meet at lunchtime in Temple Bar before the show! Anyone have a specific pub they think we should meet in? I'm going in May and at the beginning of August so can test them out!!!! :P
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    And those English and Scots don't seem to understand that there is NOTHING near the point - there are no pubs or shops in that area.

fucking hell.... yes we do... its been made quite clear by people there is fuck all around the Point...

my point is that we could meet for afternoon drinks and then leave at 5pm and walk the half hour to the venue... if we get wristbands then surely thats the point of them... to get in early :)

The Q was good fun at Astoria though... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Well the last queue was such fun, I really don't see the big deal about the pub to be honest :cool: :D . Have you got your ticket?

Which English and Scots don't seem to understand this? We're planning on a meet in Temple Bar!!!!!!! The big deal about the pub is, we're spending so much on travelling over to Dublin that I don't want to spend my day standing in a queue. My back won't take it neither will my weak bladder!!! I'm too old for that shit!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    HH, I can't arrive in Dublin and not get lashed at Temple Bar before the show. I'll probably head to the venue at about 6ish with a couple of bottles of booze in hand. Whats your tipple? Beer, wine (red or white?). If your gonna be good enough to let a bunch of us come back to yours then I'll do my best to supply you with your juice of choice throughout the day.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

HH did say she was going to make a huge effort with queue 'goodies' - spray painted beer cans (full please), etc.! Can we really let her efforts go to waste. Though, depending on the time doors open, there is probably loads of time to finish off all of these if queueing starts sixish!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    fucking hell.... yes we do... its been made quite clear by people there is fuck all around the Point...

my point is that we could meet for afternoon drinks and then leave at 5pm and walk the half hour to the venue... if we get wristbands then surely thats the point of them... to get in early :)

The Q was good fun at Astoria though... :)

And this time I'm going to be a big girl and insist on food. I had nothing to eat all day last Thursday and woke Friday morning feeling awful ... but also amazing :D:D:D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Sounds good to me :D:D

p.s. see these badges you're making with your kit from woolies :D are they going to be Dublin '06 or Astoria Crew or both or have you not got that far in the planning ;)

shit i hadnt thought about all that... i was planning on Dublin 06 ones to pin beside our Astoria ones... but whatever folk think!!

FoxyM, Byrnzie, Chime... i know UKDave is up for afternoon tipples... Keithos is with you Byrnzie isnt he?

I'm up for whatever afternoon shenanigans are planned regardless, but i want to make the most of being in Dublin... and standing in a queue isnt a priority when we should be darn close anyhows :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    HH, I can't arrive in Dublin and not get lashed at Temple Bar before the show. I'll probably head to the venue at about 6ish with a couple of bottles of booze in hand. Whats your tipple? Beer, wine (red or white?). If your gonna be good enough to let a bunch of us come back to yours then I'll do my best to supply you with your juice of choice throughout the day.

Lol thank you :) . Somehow I think I MIGHT be ok... but I drink anything... ok well preferably not beer in the queue. Cheap wine might be good :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Chime wrote:
    And this time I'm going to be a big girl and insist on food. I had nothing to eat all day last Thursday and woke Friday morning feeling awful ... but also amazing :D:D:D

Yeah - I was feeling a bit queazy throughout the gig having not eaten all day Thursday. And as a lover of Irish Stew (I put on 7 pounds after 3 days in Dublin in Feb) I'm heading to the Boxty House in Temple Bar for stew, boxty's dumplings, and champ at about midday, hopefully with the company of Nik and family, and anyone else who fancies it!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Your dam right I have my ticket!!!!! The queue was great! And we'll make sure that dublin won't just be great... it will be epic!! We should bring a disposable bbq lol!!!

I can't wait!!!!!
    Ooohh, good idea!!!! I don't get these tourists! We went to London to see them and I certainly DID see the point of standing in teh queue all day - ok, well what else is there to do in London? And the Astoria bar wasn't open :D as the box office fella so ignorantly pointed out to me, lol. I'm going to be soooo much better prepared this time. Might spend a week beforehand making sandwiches for all :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    shit i hadnt thought about all that... i was planning on Dublin 06 ones to pin beside our Astoria ones... but whatever folk think!!

FoxyM, Byrnzie, Chime... i know UKDave is up for afternoon tipples... Keithos is with you Byrnzie isnt he?

I'm up for whatever afternoon shenanigans are planned regardless, but i want to make the most of being in Dublin... and standing in a queue isnt a priority when we should be darn close anyhows :)

Was only messing with you. ;) Your badges your call :D

I land at 10:30 so definately up for meeting before hand will also be checking into a hotel. There is no way I can cope without a bit of shut eye.
    Chime wrote:

I had nothing all day except a scone at Carlisle station :(

I had a McDonalds at 5.23am on the morning after the gig... i proceeded to give this away to 2 homeless guys anyway... one of them complained cos i had bitten the burger :D

i gave them both a quid as well though... but i insisted they spend it on cheap lager and not shitey McDonalds :)

I never got an Astoria one?! :( A Dublin one would be cool though! It would be cool if it could say Astoria Crew too though!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

I can't wait!!!!!

Oh and the party's in my house afterwards - so you and Barry are coming back, right?

'I had nothing all day except a scone at Carlisle station '

I had breakfast at 5am that morning in the airport - and that was it til about 11am Friday :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol thank you :) . Somehow I think I MIGHT be ok... but I drink anything... ok well preferably not beer in the queue. Cheap wine might be good :D

I don't do cheap. Wine it is then! Looking at Dunkmans posts we'll be leaving Temple bar at 5pm for the queue.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I don't do cheap. Wine it is then! Looking at Dunkmans posts we'll be leaving Temple bar at 5pm for the queue.

Grand - thank you :) . I'm sure I'll have something maybe and we can ring you lot in the pub if supplies are running low, lol. Dunkys got my number anyway and a few people know what I look like but I'm sure we'll be giving contact details beforehand.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Ooohh, good idea!!!! I don't get these tourists! We went to London to see them and I certainly DID see the point of standing in teh queue all day -

fuckin tourists now are we :rolleyes:

you didnt stand in the queue anyway... you let some poor fuckers do that for you... poor fuckers??... sorry... kind Irish gentlemen ;):D
    fuckin tourists now are we :rolleyes:

you didnt stand in the queue anyway... you let some poor fuckers do that for you... poor fuckers??... sorry... kind Irish gentlemen ;):D
    That was only cos I'd to meet a certain someone :rolleyes: . You can ask them if I WANTED to leave the queue :p Actually, I was pretty fucking terrified of getting hit by a bus or getting mugged or something :o . I was a bloody nervous wreck.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:

or just whatever you guys think... i'm easy!

i dont know what time the gig starts at or anything... fuck i just realised there might be a shit hot support act playing :eek:

Yeah. Keith will be there. I'm sure he'll get all the details before we go. REMEMBER PEOPLE - WE HAVE 4 MONTHS YET. Anything can happen in that time - we might all become vicars and nuns, and Sugarbabes groupies, between now and then.
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Oh and the party's in my house afterwards - so you and Barry are coming back, right?

'I had nothing all day except a scone at Carlisle station '

I had breakfast at 5am that morning in the airport - and that was it til about 11am Friday :o

Party at yours? Sounds good! I'll see what we can do! I'll bring a £3 bottle of wine for ya too!
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
    or just whatever you guys think... i'm easy!

i dont know what time the gig starts at or anything... fuck i just realised there might be a shit hot support act playing :eek:

Guess we'll get told what time we will be let in and then aim to be there half an hour or so before to collect wristbands :confused:

So who is going to start the guessing for the support act?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah. Keith will be there. I'm sure he'll get all the details before we go. REMEMBER PEOPLE - WE HAVE 4 MONTHS YET. Anything can happen in that time - we might all become vicars and nuns, and Sugarbabes groupies, between now and then.
    Aarrggghhhh!!!! Sugarbabe groupies!
    Party at yours? Sounds good! I'll see what we can do! I'll bring a £3 bottle of wine for ya too!

Lol :D oh I can't wait. Well I'll get loadsa drink in beforehand anyway cos wherever we're drinking may not be doing carry outs.

Oh and yas can park at mine if you're driving down and just get the bus into town if yas want.

Fuck four months away and I'm already giving people advice on how to ge into town :o

I'm going for lunch to calm down a bit.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    pre-gig drinks are in the pub for me at least... whats the point in queuing when you have a wristband to get to the front anyway... ;)

UKDave, Chime, Keithos, Byrnzie, VV, etc etc etc... et al... we'll be meeting in the pub in the afternnon right?? no need to hit queue to early if we get in early anyway??

Astoria crew :cool:

Naah... I was thinking of staying of the drink and having a quite one that day... will probably also stand at the back of that show and nod my head to the music :P
    redrock wrote:
    Aarrggghhhh!!!! Sugarbabe groupies!

Well I reckon a nun is a serious possibility for me :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Well I reckon a nun is a serious possibility for me :o
    Nun or vicar... no worries - doesn't stop you from drinking and going to PJ gigs and even other things for vicars (different for catholic priests though!)
    Keithos wrote:
    Naah... I was thinking of staying of the drink and having a quite one that day... will probably also stand at the back of that show and nod my head to the music :P

Very sensible young man, very sensible! Just don't nod your head too hard as you may end up with a migraine the next day. And make sure you consume a reasonable amount of water, as I've heard that these rock 'n roll concerts can become a bit raucous and sweaty. There's no need to deprive your body of it's vital nutrients, vitamins and minerals either, therefore I'll be bringing a bowl of fruit along.
  • Well I reckon a nun is a serious possibility for me :o

A great laugh to start off my day.,.....thanx...;)
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....