Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Hello

I just want to voice my utter disgust at the decision to play The Point Theatre in Dublin. The tickets selling out in 4 minutes says it all. You could have done Slane & sold it out but even the RDS or Lansdowne Road would have made more sence for the fans.

You have always made a point of trying to be for the fans & beating ticketmaster but this is perfect for the touts & defo not for the fans. I have seen you twice (not in Dublin) but I know people that have never had the pleasure who have been screwed by this gig & know that they'll end up paying (as will I) circa €200 to get in. Can't you at least do another gig if you're gonna play such a midget of a venue. You are one of the biggest bans in the world afterall.

Please PJ, get your organsers to think of the fans.

Cheers

Pop Will Eat Itself
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Hello

I just want to voice my utter disgust at the decision to play The Point Theatre in Dublin. The tickets selling out in 4 minutes says it all. You could have done Slane & sold it out but even the RDS or Lansdowne Road would have made more sence for the fans.

You have always made a point of trying to be for the fans & beating ticketmaster but this is perfect for the touts & defo not for the fans. I have seen you twice (not in Dublin) but I know people that have never had the pleasure who have been screwed by this gig & know that they'll end up paying (as will I) circa €200 to get in. Can't you at least do another gig if you're gonna play such a midget of a venue. You are one of the biggest bans in the world afterall.

Please PJ, get your organsers to think of the fans.

Cheers

Pop Will Eat Itself

well, haven't they said/hinted that there will be more Euro-dates in between tours/albums? I strongly believe that there will be more UK dates then and also Scandinavian dates.

it's a cold hard fact that no matter how big the venue, not everyone can get a ticket.

Pearl Jam does think of the fans and I think you need to look at their tour schedule and understand that this is one hell of a tour for them and there's no way they should be expected to please EVERY SINGLE PJ fan in the world during only one tour. they are only human.

you yourself have seen PJ two times already and to many people (including myself) this gig in Dublin (and many other dates this tour) is their first time ever seeing their absolutely favourite band live.
    you should be happy about the times you HAVE seen them. :)

it's a good thing to express your opinion as you just did but do try to look at all the positives too. :)

this is just my two cents into this.

oh, and welcome to the board, I hope you find some happy things you'd wanna comment on and/or share with us.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    eMMI wrote:
    what? :eek: I didn't watch the game. what happened then? haven't even read the paper today.. :eek:

Rooney got sent off because he unintentionally stood on someone as he was bundled over, and then pushed Ronaldo when Ronaldo ran over to the ref and begged him to book Rooney. England went on to lose on penalties. Bah humbug!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Bah humbug!

That was very polite :D Not quite the response I gave yesterday :mad:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMI wrote:
    Pearl Jam does think of the fans and I think you need to look at their tour schedule and understand that this is one hell of a tour for them and there's no way they should be expected to please EVERY SINGLE PJ fan in the world during only one tour. they are only human.
    I know they look out for the fans but if your only gonna do one night (& thats all I'd expect considering the magnitude of the tour) then I think it only fair to play a larger venue. I mean 8000 people for a PJ gig; it just makes no sence. At least GnR (or what remains of them), who had also played Slane back in the day, gave us the RDS.
    I know they look out for the fans but if your only gonna do one night (& thats all I'd expect considering the magnitude of the tour) then I think it only fair to play a larger venue. I mean 8000 people for a PJ gig; it just makes no sence. At least GnR (or what remains of them), who had also played Slane back in the day, gave us the RDS.

I agree. You wouldn't believe the amount of shit the handful of English fans have been getting on this website because of the Point selling out. Some of the Irish seem to think that we've bought up all your tickets. It's ridiculous. Still, imagine how we felt when PJ announced they were playing one night at the Astoria! It holds 1500 people. Hence why a lot of us ended up paying a fortune to get in. On a positive note: believe it or not, there were a handful of tickets being sold on the door of the night of the Astoria, and so I suggest you get to the Point early on the 23rd as you never know! Good luck!
    P.s, pop won't eat itself. Because it already has. It can only regurgitate itself!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Rooney got sent off because he unintentionally stood on someone as he was bundled over, and then pushed Ronaldo when Ronaldo ran over to the ref and begged him to book Rooney. England went on to lose on penalties. Bah humbug!
    Unintentionally? :eek: :rolleyes:

That's all I'm saying :cool:

When the incident occurred, I said 'he's off' and he was so it wasn't that big of a surprise. Oh and Ricardo seems to be on to my little game of calling the penalties - he said he can see in the players eyes which way they're gonna shoot. I call 6 of the penalties and all 6 calls were correct. They're soooooo predictable - not quite the lottery everyone says. I did feel a bit sorry for the likes of Terry though - he doesn't deserve that. And his face in the papers when Rooney gets the card is priceless.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    It's a strange looking line up for the semis though - this world cup was looking all too predictable. But there's NO way I would have put ANY money on France getting this far. Italy have cruised it this far - will be a big test against Germany - how different and refreshing would an Italy/Portugal final be?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    It's a strange looking line up for the semis though - this world cup was looking all too predictable. But there's NO way I would have put ANY money on France getting this far. Italy have cruised it this far - will be a big test against Germany - how different and refreshing would an Italy/Portugal final be?

Different and refreshing? Your 'avin a laugh! Two of the worst cheating teams in the competition playing each other. The game will be spent largely with them all falling over and fighting each other like the petulant little wankers they are. And you can't honestly say that Rooney intended to step on that player? He's not that stupid. Everyone knows how quick the refs in this tournament are to reach for their cards.
    I hope for the sake of good quality, exciting, honest football that France play Germany in the final. I won't mind who wins it then. They've both been quality in this tournament. Germany for their determination, and France for Zidane's masterclass. Portugal and Italy can fuck off out of it!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    But there's NO way I would have put ANY money on France getting this far.

I did :)

i said earlier in the tournament to watch out for them... i think they are just hitting top form at the right time... England might hit top form in 2010... they didnt deserve to go through anyway, regardless of the Rooney thing, just because they were so shit... anyway, I hope Germany v France final... as they have a wee bit of 'history' :rolleyes: :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:

righty-o. :rolleyes: how can you stand on someone unintentionally? :eek: I mean, I get it if you step on someone unintentionally when you're getting "bundled over" but STAND! :eek:

oh, I managed to read the paper this morning before it magically disappeared from our kitchen table, and what amazing newsbit did I find?! the pope is going to remain impartial! :rolleyes: :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    righty-o. :rolleyes: how can you stand on someone unintentionally? :eek: I mean, I get it if you step on someone unintentionally when you're getting "bundled over" but STAND! :eek:

oh, I managed to read the paper this morning before it magically disappeared from our kitchen table, and what amazing newsbit did I find?! the pope is going to remain impartial! :rolleyes: :D

If you have two footballers bumping into you and your struggling to keep your balance and to get the ball at the same time, and one of the other players falls over and you are then shoved, or fall in his direction, then it's not unlikely that you will stand on him. Simply put, shit happens! Only a complete imbecile who wanted to get sent off would intentionally stand on another player in this world cup. It wasn't intentional. And besides, the ref didn't look as though he was gonna send him off until he pushed Ronaldo out of the way when he was begging the ref to take action against him.
    But still, Dunkmans right. England didn't deserve to win. I blame the manager and his lame ineffective tactics. It certainly takes a special kind of manager to stifle a team of Englands talent and potential.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    anyway, I hope Germany v France final... as they have a wee bit of 'history' :rolleyes: :D

Hey you guys! Quick visit!

Never discount France, especially with lovely Zidou! Allez les bleus!!!

Dunky - hoping for a bit of trouble, are you??:D;):D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    If you have two footballers bumping into you and your struggling to keep your balance and to get the ball at the same time, and one of the other players falls over and you are then shoved, or fall in his direction, then it's not unlikely that you will stand on him. Simply put, shit happens! Only a complete imbecile who wanted to get sent off would intentionally stand on another player in this world cup. It wasn't intentional. And besides, the ref didn't look as though he was gonna send him off until he pushed Ronaldo out of the way when he was begging the ref to take action against him.
    But still, Dunkmans right. England didn't deserve to win. I blame the manager and his lame ineffective tactics. It certainly takes a special kind of manager to stifle a team of Englands talent and potential.

well, I suppose it can happen.. and yeh, I believe it wasn't intentional, I never said that I didn't believe it. :p

I really wouldn't know about who'd deserve to win and who wouldn't. I'm just happy to see (although I haven't watched a single game) the "underdogs" win. :D
    redrock wrote:
    Hey you guys! Quick visit!

Never discount France, especially with lovely Zidou! Allez les bleus!!!

hey hey RR. :)

a quick visit is better than no visit at all. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    well, I suppose it can happen.. and yeh, I believe it wasn't intentional, I never said that I didn't believe it. :p

I really wouldn't know about who'd deserve to win and who wouldn't. I'm just happy to see (although I haven't watched a single game) the "underdogs" win. :D

Fair point. Although at this stage I'd say there aren't really any underdogs. You've just got two quality teams - France and Germany - and two half decent teams who have disgraced the competition with their reliance on diving and playing up to the referee - Italy and Portugal. I wanna see a great final between the two best teams in the competition. And I wanna see more of Zidane as he is fandabidozitastico!! (And if you hear a better word than that today I'll eat my left sock!)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Fair point. Although at this stage I'd say there aren't really any underdogs. You've just got two quality teams - France and Germany - and two half decent teams who have disgraced the competition with their reliance on diving and playing up to the referee - Italy and Portugal. I wanna see a great final between the two best teams in the competition. And I wanna see more of Zidane as he is fandabidozitastico!! (And if you hear a better word than that today I'll eat my left sock!)

well. alrighty-o. :D

I really just wanna get this thing overwith. :p
    redrock wrote:

who me :o

never... i agree with Byrnzie... the reason England played shit were solely due to the ineffectiveness of Sven and his 'tactics'... which he thinks are a new kind of minty sweetie :)

442 formation Sven... thats the way England should play!!

fandabidozitastico!! is indeed an amazing word for Monday mornings.... its stupendous in a Krankies meet Cornetto salesmen type of way :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    who me :o

never... i agree with Byrnzie... the reason England played shit were solely due to the ineffectiveness of Sven and his 'tactics'... which he thinks are a new kind of minty sweetie :)

442 formation Sven... thats the way England should play!!

fandabidozitastico!! is indeed an amazing word for Monday mornings.... its stupendous in a Krankies meet Cornetto salesmen type of way :)

Thanks! I feel a bit like the world famous word-smith Peter Andre. All I need now is a sun tan and a mannequin for a girlfriend. :D
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hi all,

SO England are out....damn shame. To be honest I wouldn't havve minded them going through...but they were one of the most boring teams in the whole tournament. Sven should be tied upside down and have his pubes pulled out with tweezers buy darren bent and jermaine defoe. Did you see what he said...that walcott going to the world cup is going to be good for his future and that defoe wasn't good enough to take....erm....sven you never saw walcott play and I thought that the purpose of bringing a squad to the world cup was not to win it in 2018 when walcott may be captain...i thought it was to win it now. I tell you he gave the biggest "FUCK YOU" to england with this world cup for forcing him out of his cushy number with as many nubile assistants as he wanted :D

Sorry Byrnzie but rooney def stamped on purpose, no two ways about it but the ref was def not going to do anything until he pushed ronaldo. I have always hated ronaldo....cheating fuck but rooney deserved to be sent off for the stamp. He got frustrated cause he didn't get the free kick he deserved.

Zidane......am delighted he showed the true zidane in this swansong :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hi all,

SO England are out....damn shame. To be honest I wouldn't havve minded them going through...but they were one of the most boring teams in the whole tournament. Sven should be tied upside down and have his pubes pulled out with tweezers buy darren bent and jermaine defoe. Did you see what he said...that walcott going to the world cup is going to be good for his future and that defoe wasn't good enough to take....erm....sven you never saw walcott play and I thought that the purpose of bringing a squad to the world cup was not to win it in 2018 when walcott may be captain...i thought it was to win it now. I tell you he gave the biggest "FUCK YOU" to england with this world cup for forcing him out of his cushy number with as many nubile assistants as he wanted :D

Sorry Byrnzie but rooney def stamped on purpose, no two ways about it but the ref was def not going to do anything until he pushed ronaldo. I have always hated ronaldo....cheating fuck but rooney deserved to be sent off for the stamp. He got frustrated cause he didn't get the free kick he deserved.

Zidane......am delighted he showed the true zidane in this swansong :D

hey Al. :) good to see you. :D

lol. no need to make a fight outta that Rooney stepping on someone, eh? ;):p:D

but damn, I need to be off now for a wee while but I hope you'll be around when I log in the next time. :D:D
    This article pretty much sums it up. This fella hasn't stopped critising Sven throughout the tournament. I chose to think he was being a tad negative. With hindsight he was right all along...

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/comment/article1155215.ece
    eMMI wrote:
    I need to be off now for a wee while but I hope you'll be around when I log in the next time. :D:D

Not if someone steps on me! :eek:
    eMMI wrote:
    hey Al. :) good to see you. :D

lol. no need to make a fight outta that Rooney stepping on someone, eh? ;):p:D

but damn, I need to be off now for a wee while but I hope you'll be around when I log in the next time. :D:D

Hey em's, when I was reading there I thought you were saying you were going for a wee :eek:
    I need a coffee!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    ..... and a mannequin for a girlfriend. :D

strange... i always thought she was a manky quim... but hey ;)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    This article pretty much sums it up. This fella hasn't stopped critising Sven throughout the tournament. I chose to think he was being a tad negative. With hindsight he was right all along...

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/comment/article1155215.ece

Hey Byrnzie, don't have time to read through it all, whats the general gist :confused::)
    I need a coffee!
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    I was up for England but they didn't even deserve to get to the quarter finals,they were terrible for the whole tournament.They got a flukey win against Ecuador and got an easy group.Portugal were the first real team they played and they couldn't hack it.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Carlos D wrote:
    I was up for England but they didn't even deserve to get to the quarter finals,they were terrible for the whole tournament.They got a flukey win against Ecuador and got an easy group.Portugal were the first real team they played and they couldn't hack it.

And portugal are shite too, they play the same as england except they play the players in their proper postions and Scolari has the balls to drop big players :D
    I need a coffee!
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Irish Al wrote:
    And portugal are shite too, they play the same as england except they play the players in their proper postions and Scolari has the balls to drop big players :D

portugal are so shite - & this makes svens tactics even more laughable

at a time when deco and constinha werent on the pitch for suspensions he choose to play five in midfield

what a muppet!

I hope France clean the park with them on wednesday night!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hey Byrnzie, don't have time to read through it all, whats the general gist :confused::)

That Eriksson is a useless tosser, and....

"The charges against him were many and serious, but the greatest of all was that he was a disastrous example of all that follows too many easy choices, when investments are made in such myths that David Beckham was the man to put at the centre of the hopes for a "golden generation", and that you can keep changing your team, as you might your aftershave, and still expect coherence and rhythm and confidence when the big issues have to be settled......A Hiddink would surely have recognised, as Rafa Benitez did at Liverpool, that Gerrard's remarkable talents did not sit easily in any conventional midfield format. It would have occurred to him, surely, that a solution would have been to play him alongside the right, where he has generated so much power and dynamic intervention for Liverpool, along with his freedom to move into striking positions from various points behind the front line. Beckham would, of course, have had to move. To where? Maybe a place in his life where he had to produce more than a daily forest of headlines."