Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Carlos D wrote:
    I know this thread doesn't seem to be about anything really anymore but can anyone tell me how hard it will be to get into the pit at the Point without a Tenclub ticket?How early would I have to queue?

Dude I wish I had some insight for you, but unfortunately I don't. I'm coming from the states so I khonestly have no idea about the venue or the length of the queue. I would suggest early, I have a bracelet, and Helen seems to think we still need to get there early...so I don't know....
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Dude I wish I had some insight for you, but unfortunately I don't. I'm coming from the states so I khonestly have no idea about the venue or the length of the queue. I would suggest early, I have a bracelet, and Helen seems to think we still need to get there early...so I don't know....

I went to Green Day last year there and a girl I know had to go up at 8 in the morning to get in the pit.Twelve hours before the show.The queue ther can be kind of bad sometimes....Do Tenclub memebers get in first?
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Carlos D wrote:
    Do Tenclub memebers get in first?

Apparently with tenclub tickets and bracelets you get let in fifteen minutes earlier than everyone else but we don't know how many tenclub tickets there are.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    Chime wrote:
    Apparently with tenclub tickets and bracelets you get let in fifteen minutes earlier than everyone else but we don't know how many tenclub tickets there are.

I personally know of at least two.....;)

Freckin 12 hours!! That's some dedication for Green Day....

How big is the pit??
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838

And I may know of a couple more ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?

Freckin 12 hours!! That's some dedication for Green Day....

How big is the pit??

Well it was the best thing I've ever been at.Hopefully this can beat that...

It's eh...hard to know.About one quarter of the whole standing area but it's built in such a way that no matter where you stand you have a good view.It's a unique venue,the intimacy of a small show yet it holds 8,000.The atmopshere there is always incredible.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Carlos D wrote:
    Well it was the best thing I've ever been at.Hopefully this can beat that...

It's eh...hard to know.About one quarter of the whole standing area but it's built in such a way that no matter where you stand you have a good view.It's a unique venue,the intimacy of a small show yet it holds 8,000.The atmopshere there is always incredible.

Wait, so there's a special standing area for ten club ticket holders and others that arrive early, separated from the rest????

THAT IS NEWS TO ME!!
    And wonderful news too!
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Buru wrote:
    Wait, so there's a special standing area for ten club ticket holders and others that arrive early, separated from the rest????

THAT IS NEWS TO ME!!
    And wonderful news too!

As far as anyone's aware there's no separate section for 10club members. We just get to enter the venue 15 minutes before everyone else. That's it.
    Buru wrote:

THAT IS NEWS TO ME!!
    And wonderful news too!

What,no!I was talking about the pit.You're not that special you know...

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Carlos D wrote:
    What,no!I was talking about the pit.You're not that special you know...

I thought that was too good to be true, it was not that way in South America
    which was general admission

other bands do special pits though, non club members that arrive early also can get in, so it has nothing to do with being special or not, just getting there early!
    And by the way, of course I am special!!
    ;)
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Buru wrote:
    ;)

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt know u didnt know !

:D:D:D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt know u didnt know !

:D:D:D:D:D

VV, how come no one is posting??
    Are your kids being whiny or being good?
    Buru wrote:
    ;)

I'm sure you are,but I've seen specialer;)

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    ...Just 8 more weeks.... sigh .....
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    Carlos D wrote:
    I'm sure you are,but I've seen specialer;)

You ain't seen nothing yet!!
    ;):D

8 weeks!!
    :eek:
    Buru wrote:
    You ain't seen nothing yet!!
    ;):D

8 weeks!!
    :eek:
    Holy crap!I just saw you were from Argentina,are you coming all the way over here for a concert?!?

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Carlos D wrote:
    Holy crap!I just saw you were from Argentina,are you coming all the way over here for a concert?!?

nah, she's buying a monkey that makes keys out of old pieces of toast.... maybe not though... i forget
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mole1985 wrote:
    ...Just 8 more weeks.... sigh .....

I had nothing better to do in my Business Studies class today, so I counted, and it's 55 days 'till Dublin. Does that seem any shorter?
    ...maybe a little shorter. Can't come soon enough.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • mandymg101mandymg101 Posts: 11
    mole1985 wrote:
    Missed the Astoria myself and Dublin will be my first PJ gig. Hope to see you there and welcome to the board.

Hello Mole

PJ are brilliant live so you'll have a great time. I saw them in 2000 in Cardiff and they were fab. I get goosebumps thinking about it.
    Buru wrote:
    VV, how come no one is posting??
    Are your kids being whiny or being good?

arrr just a busy day for me ! they're inbetween and now sleeping finaly !!!
    said good bye to swedeypie this afternoon *sniff sniff*

and Carlos !!!!!!! you have no idea HOW special my Buru sista is ! and she's coming over just for a Dance with me :D
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    mole you are in for the treat of a life time :)

Astoria was my first and i'm still high from it !

see u in Dublin :):)
    Hey mandy and mole, we'll see ya there :)

Dunk, I know it shocks you to finally find out that Ireland IS way better and way more loved than Scotland :p but get over your little jealousy thing you got going on cos we're always gonna be better :cool:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=53259300&blogID=138529589&Mytoken=E0D78B9C-F141-4BA6-BEFF537166220A5E511109953

Oh and look at this if it works :(

Hi Heineken Helen, looking forward to the concert and hope i see you there.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've just added you to the list of travelling trouser bandits! :D

Thanks Byrnzie. So looking forward to this concert. Couldnt get tickets from ticketmaster. Got my tickets from ebay. Wont tell you how much I paid for them! You'd probably think I was mad.
    Well Mandy i'm sure it will be worth every penny. Did you get standing tix?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    mole1985 wrote:
    Well Mandy i'm sure it will be worth every penny. Did you get standing tix?

Yes I did. Got my tickets off ebay. Paid lots of money for them. I would have paid thousands, I was that desperate!
    And yes it will be worth every penny. I cant wait!
    Ha me too! Certanly the most popular of the euro dates. Just have to keep listening to bootlegs to past the time.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • bMurfybMurfy Posts: 1
    Just a quick note to all english comin over to OUR concert:

in case u didint know, dis is the most english bought irish concert in history. Sooo dis pissed off a couple of friends of mine wu didnt get tix and dey sed they were gonna egg and/or beat any english headin to the point.

just to let you know...
    "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you"
    Kurt Cobain, Territorial Pissings
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Just a quick note to all english comin over to OUR concert:

in case u didint know, dis is the most english bought irish concert in history. Sooo dis pissed off a couple of friends of mine wu didnt get tix and dey sed they were gonna egg and/or beat any english headin to the point.

just to let you know...

Where do they get the information that this is the "most english bought irish concert in history."? You'll probably find that there are, in the whole grand scheme of things, very few going. What about the people of all the other nationalities that bought tickets? No, it's just the bloody English! How old are you and your xenophobic, racist friends exactly? Grow up!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*