Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Red ~ this time I did !

humm well just about ok , he didnt have enough pocket money saved for a new Batman figure :( cryed n cryed ncryed .... but now he's had lunch and theres ice cream on the way :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    :D:D

All is well in the VV household now :):)

yep bribery is the best way of parenting ! :D lol
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    V V wrote:

yep bribery is the best way of parenting ! :D lol

I'll keep that in mind :)
    I need a coffee!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:
    So sad.....:( :( No Gemma Hayes :(:( and... you just missed eMMI!! Not a good day!

aww. :)

but I'm back now after an exhausting day of teaching. this time it really was exhausting! :eek: since my littlebros have grown up I've forgotten how much of a job a few 7-9 year olds can be! :eek:
    I'm really really gonna fucking ban sugar from the two girls in the group, they're mental!! :eek: :eek: sometimes I started questioning my existence cause the little buggers didn't listen. :(

but now I'm back here and amongst all of you good folks so it can only turn to better. :D:D:):):D

and the sun's out! yey!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    ban sugar from the two girls in the group, they're mental!! :eek: :eek: sometimes I started questioning my existence cause the little buggers didn't listen. :(

oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo that sounds way to familliar (sp??) ! ur a parent already ! LOL :D
    V V wrote:
    oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo that sounds way to familliar (sp??) ! ur a parent already ! LOL :D

lol. thankfully not a parent yet! (a responsible oldest sister though. :D ) :eek: I think I'm gonna give it a few more years. :rolleyes: :p

the girls are living with their granparents this summer. and that's bad news. on the first day I told them that if they'd like they could take a small snack with them, a sandwich or something.. the other girl said to me (with the brightest of eyes) "if we take snacks somewhere we ALWAYS have something yummy and sweet." :rolleyes: should've seen that coming. I thought that their grannie would pack something not-that-sugary with them but NNOOOOOO. :eek:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    oh my god, do I scare people away? :eek:
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    eMMI wrote:
    oh my god, do I scare people away? :eek:

eMMI if this thread ever goes quiet have a look at the Astoria thread. As most of us going to Dublin on this thread met at Astoria we tend to post on both. Feel free to come visit :D

Might not help at the moment as that thread is also quiet :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    eMMI if this thread ever goes quiet have a look at the Astoria thread. As most of us going to Dublin met at Astoria we tend to post on both. Feel free to come visit :D

I know you lot post there too.. :o I've just been too scared to try and post there as I wasn't in the Astoria. :eek: :D
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    eMMI wrote:
    I know you lot post there too.. :o I've just been too scared to try and post there as I wasn't in the Astoria. :eek: :D

Ah reading but not posting eh ;)

Half the time I don't know which of the two threads I'm posting in as this one doesn't relate to Dublin very often and that one doesn't often relate to the Astoria :D

There are a couple of other people going to Dublin who weren't at the Astoria that now post in there as well so you won't be alone ;)

EDIT: sorry to abandon you aswell but I have to do some work :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Ah reading but nor posting eh ;)

Half the time I don't know which of the two threads I'm posting in as this one doesn't relate to Dublin very often and that one doesn't often relate to the Astoria :D

There are a couple of other people going to Dublin who weren't at the Astoria that now post in there as well so you won't be alone ;)

lol. well, I've checked it out sometimes but the conversations have been quite outta this world for anyone from the "outside" to participate. :p;)

ah well, maybe I'll try my luck there someday. :D;)

EDIT: that's fine. :p I'm off home soon too (in the library now) so everyone's probably gonna come around when we're gone. :rolleyes: lol. :D
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    redrock wrote:
    Good for you... (I think!) :o. At least you're never lonely!!!

Hey VV - how's whiney little boy (guess you meant Herbie and not hubby!!! :D )

Yup.

VV, glad you're enjoying the argentine music
    I'm going to travel to Europe with loads of it to share
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Ronaldinho... who is the best player since Maradona

I'll have to pop in for the 1st time today - been very busy with an interview and training of new staff (very boring and tiresome)- and disagree. I am biased and I don't care. I believe that Stevie Gerrard is the best player in the world right now. I will offer 3 examples: 1. His £20 million goal against Olympiakos in the 2005 Champions league. 2: His performance in the 2005 Chamions league final. 3: His 2nd goal against West Ham in the last F.A Cup final.
  • mandymg101mandymg101 Posts: 11
    hello all. its my first night on this. i come in for a look. im going to dublin to see pj too. missed the astoria but a friend went and sent me some photos to my phone. was gutted i missed it but looking forward to dublin now.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    mandymg101 wrote:
    hello all. its my first night on this. i come in for a look. im going to dublin to see pj too. missed the astoria but a friend went and sent me some photos to my phone. was gutted i missed it but looking forward to dublin now.

Missed the Astoria myself and Dublin will be my first PJ gig. Hope to see you there and welcome to the board.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • dolly rockerdolly rocker Posts: 352
    God Bless The Irish !!!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'll have to pop in for the 1st time today - been very busy with an interview and training of new staff (very boring and tiresome)- and disagree. I am biased and I don't care. I believe that Stevie Gerrard is the best player in the world right now. I will offer 3 examples: 1. His £20 million goal against Olympiakos in the 2005 Champions league. 2: His performance in the 2005 Chamions league final. 3: His 2nd goal against West Ham in the last F.A Cup final.

for your paltry 3 examples i will show you this

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ronaldinho

now watch and be amazed... my 2 favourites are Ronaldinho hitting the crossbar 4 times with the ball .... all with volleys from the edge of 18yard box... and the Maradona V Ronaldinho compilation... sublime :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    God Bless The Irish !!!
    :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    mandymg101 wrote:
    Hey mandy and mole, we'll see ya there :)

Dunk, I know it shocks you to finally find out that Ireland IS way better and way more loved than Scotland :p but get over your little jealousy thing you got going on cos we're always gonna be better :cool:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=53259300&blogID=138529589&Mytoken=E0D78B9C-F141-4BA6-BEFF537166220A5E511109953

Oh and look at this if it works :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    for your paltry 3 examples i will show you this

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ronaldinho

now watch and be amazed... my 2 favourites are Ronaldinho hitting the crossbar 4 times with the ball .... all with volleys from the edge of 18yard box... and the Maradona V Ronaldinho compilation... sublime :)

O.k, I'll have to watch this when I get home as it's blocked at work. My initial reaction however is that there's a big difference between a great player and a great trickster.
    mandymg101 wrote:

I've just added you to the list of travelling trouser bandits! :D
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    i'm sooooo into Wolfmother right now... did you guys catch the AOL sessions by them... far out... far out baby!! this week i have been mostly listening to WM and The Raconteurs album has blown me away... i feckin love it!!!

Okily dokily ... i'll give Sigur Ros a small try... but i like my music like i like my undercooked Mayor of London :confused: .... yip that works somehow :D

god yeah the wolfmother -- had it on my car stereo all day yesterday scaring the sheep in co.antrim

i especially like the wee quiet number at the end...

sigur ros - must get that album as i have heard bits of it that sound pretty good too - is it a person or a group?
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    good morning everyone! Welcome Mandy :). You and mole.. a couple more for Dublin :D:D

Hey Byrnzie - how was your interview?

Bloody hell - Dunk and HH at it so early in the morning!!!
    hello all. :D

interesting weather today. I think mother nature (of whoever is in charge) is able to decide whether it's gonna be sunshine or rain. :p:D
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well folks am home looking after the baby today :D just realised last night that this is my first day looking after her on my owm - all day and i can't wait :)

Hope you're all well:)

Happy dad
    I need a coffee!
    redrock wrote:
    Hey Byrnzie - how was your interview?

Bloody hell - Dunk and HH at it so early in the morning!!!

Interview seemed to go o.k. Can never tell really. FIngers crossed!
    Dunk and HH are like a couple of rabbits!!
    eMMI wrote:
    hello all. :D

interesting weather today. I think mother nature (of whoever is in charge) is able to decide whether it's gonna be sunshine or rain. :p:D

Alrighty? Is it still el scorchio in Finland?
    Irish Al wrote:
    Well folks am home looking after the baby today :D just realised last night that this is my first day looking after her on my owm - all day and i can't wait :)

Hope you're all well:)

Happy dad

hey hey Al. :D nice to be online at the same time for a change. :)

sounds like your day is gonna be brilliant. :)
    Irish Al wrote:

Sweet innocence :D:D: Wait 'til the end of the day! Don't drop her and remember to change nappies :D:D:D

Hi eMMI!

All - fingers crossed for Byrnzie!