Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    V V wrote:
    here here , 1st no yoga now no TOOL :eek:

The man is in serious need of a musical/relaxation education :D

So VV you're into tool also...my admiration for you now knows no bounds :)
    I need a coffee!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    Dunk you may have 5000+ posts but you are seriously rushing down in my opinion :mad:

Please do not slag off Tool, PJ are the only band that I would put above Tool, and secondly, FOR ME, JW is one of the most over-rated musicians ever. Raconteurs aren't bad but...sorry....no, he's not up to the mark :o

you used FOR ME in caps... and that is quite important... its your opinion!

my opinion is that Tool are over-rated jazz hybrids from the planet Shit.. Jack White plays guitar like its a part of his body... the guy is frickin amazing... he can play the piano, bass, drums and something called a triangle... hes a musical god, not like one the Romans worshipped... but if such a thing existed he is it... or maybe a top flight Field Marshall of musicianship.. but still very very high up in my mind..

I will continue to slag off Tool and yoga... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Irish Al wrote:
    The man is in serious need of a musical/relaxation education :D

So VV you're into tool also...my admiration for you now knows no bounds :)

Lol, yep! So do you like Sigur Ros Al? We all seem to be pretty much in agreement here. ah I can't wait to get home and listen to them, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you

my opinion is that Tool are over-rated jazz hybrids from the planet Shit.. Jack White plays guitar like its a part of his body... the guy is frickin amazing... he can play the piano, bass, drums and something called a triangle... hes a musical god, not like one the Romans worshipped... but if such a thing existed he is it... or maybe a top flight Field Marshall of musicianship.. but still very very high up in my mind..

I can play the triangle :cool:

Jack White is GOOD - I would give him maybe even 7.5/8 out of 10 but I don't think he falls into the 'great' category. Come on, do you actually think he's better than Jimi Hendrix? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    For those of you doing other shows looks like My Morning Jacket are going to be the support for most of the European gigs in September ...

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/shows.html
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?

I now understand why it takes you so long to reply, cause you type the biggest amount of rubbish I have ever heard :D. LOL Either you're very intelligent or like a monkey with a typewriter.....just punching in letters ;)

I love ya really though....shame about your taste in music :(

Lol, yep! So do you like Sigur Ros Al? We all seem to be pretty much in agreement here. ah I can't wait to get home and listen to them, lol.

Don't know much of their stuff. I am currently listening to Declan O'Rourke a lot at the moment.....very relaxing :D
    I need a coffee!
    Chime wrote:
    For those of you doing other shows looks like My Morning Jacket are going to be the support for most of the European gigs in September ...

So who's doing Dublin? This is quite the mystery isn't it?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:

Def not dublin though.....hmmmmmm interesting, who's it going to be :confused: Maybe no-one and PJ will play for over 3 hours :D
    I need a coffee!
    Come on, do you actually think he's better than Jimi Hendrix? :eek:

no... i said he was the greatest guitar player since Jimmy Page... and Jimmy Page was still playing when Hendrix died... ergo the best 'since' Pagester

I actually dont like much of Hendrix's stuff...... let the slagging commence...

too much widdling and shit for me... not over-rated though as he genuinely is some form of musical genius but then so was Mozart and he can stick his violin/harpsichord up his urethra for all i care ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Irish Al wrote:
    I now understand why it takes you so long to reply, cause you type the biggest amount of rubbish I have ever heard :D. LOL Either you're very intelligent or like a monkey with a typewriter.....just punching in letters ;)

Don't know much of their stuff. I am currently listening to Declan O'Rourke a lot at the moment.....very relaxing :D
    Oooh, looks like dunk's met his match :D

I only know that really long one of Dec's 'we didn't mean to go to sea' but it's pretty nice.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    no... i said he was the greatest guitar player since Jimmy Page... and Jimmy Page was still playing when Hendrix died... ergo the best 'since' Pagester

I actually dont like much of Hendrix's stuff...... let the slagging commence...

too much widdling and shit for me... not over-rated though as he genuinely is some form of musical genius but then so was Mozart and he can stick his violin/harpsichord up his urethra for all i care ;)

:eek: and to think... to think... :eek: I asked your advice on music before? :eek:

Oh dear :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:

i go with the former deduction and not the latter ;)

Declan O'Rourke... never heard of him... is he belgian... no wait....errrr Candian :confused:;)

is there a law in Ireland where everyone has to listen to Irish music and watch any film ever made that contains either Colm Meaney or Danny Day Lewis or made by Neil Jordan... i mean i love Ewan McGregor, but i dont hunt down his every film... that one he did with Renee Zellwegger i probably will never see!!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I just want to say... I love Tool!!
    I wish they'd be touring Europe at the same time as Pearl Jam, because I don't know when I am going to see them live...
    :(

I doubt they'll ever come to Argentina.

Saw the gap again today...
    while you were begging me to stay
    take care not to let me enter
    if i do we both may disappear...

LOVE the version in Salival of this song... beyond beautiful
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?

Well technically "the pagester" :confused: is still playing and until he kicks the bucket, JW can lick the dangle berries off his rump :D
    Oooh, looks like dunk's met his match :D

I only know that really long one of Dec's 'we didn't mean to go to sea' but it's pretty nice.

Album is worth checking out ;)
    I need a coffee!
    :eek: and to think... to think... :eek: I asked your advice on music before? :eek:

Oh dear :o

I recommended Wolfmother and Kings Of Leon... i cant think of 2 other bands i could recommend more at the minute...

and you like them dont you??... quit yar complain wench. :D

Declan O'Rourke... never heard of him... is he belgian... no wait....errrr Candian :confused:;)

is there a law in Ireland where everyone has to listen to Irish music and watch any film ever made that contains either Colm Meaney or Danny Day Lewis or made by Neil Jordan... i mean i love Ewan McGregor, but i dont hunt down his every film... that one he did with Renee Zellwegger i probably will never see!!

Yes there is and you must abide by it when you're here :D
    Buru wrote:
    I just want to say... I love Tool!!
    I wish they'd be touring Europe at the same time as Pearl Jam, because I don't know when I am going to see them live...
    :(

I doubt they'll ever come to Argentina.

Saw the gap again today...
    while you were begging me to stay
    take care not to let me enter
    if i do we both may disappear...

LOVE the version in Salival of this song... beyond beautiful

I can't believe they're touring Europe at the moment and aren't coming to ireland......not happy :mad:
    I need a coffee!

I never saw that launderette one... or the end of the affair... and i certainly never watched star trek. And :eek: I'm not really a fan of U2 :eek: but funny enough dunk, there's quite a busy Irish music scene :rolleyes: and we get to hear that. We choose to buy quite a bit of Irish music cos it's quite often high quality :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:
    Well technically "the pagester" :confused: is still playing and until he kicks the bucket, JW can lick the dangle berries off his rump :D

Album is worth checking out ;)

Thats like saying there isnt a better footballer player playing at the moment than Maradona... Maradona cant run 14 feet without thinking one of the lines is made of Cocaine... he was the greatest player ever.. now its Ronaldinho... who is the best player since Maradona

same thing JW and The Pagester.... btw i have trademarked The Pagester so dont fuckin nick it... :mad:
    Irish Al wrote:
    Yes there is and you must abide by it when you're here :D

Then i will be in that big feckin famous Jail you have there then... i wont do it!!! :D
    I recommended Wolfmother and Kings Of Leon... i cant think of 2 other bands i could recommend more at the minute...

and you like them dont you??... quit yar complain wench. :D
    Surprisingly enough I did... BUT I only bought kings of leon cos so many others agreed with you, same with wolfmother ;)

Seems I was right to look for a second opinion :D

Al, if they tour Europe without playing Ireland.... we don't want them!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Thats like saying there isnt a better footballer player playing at the moment than Maradona... Maradona cant run 14 feet without thinking one of the lines is made of Cocaine... he was the greatest player ever.. now its Ronaldinho... who is the best player since Maradona

same thing JW and The Pagester.... btw i have trademarked The Pagester so dont fuckin nick it... :mad:

Well if you actually look back at what you said about hendrix and Pagester you'll see the error of your ways :D

By the way Brazil 1-0 up.....fattie after 5 mins
    I need a coffee!

Oh but we do Hells :)
    They usually play but for some reason not this time around :(
    I need a coffee!
    I never saw that launderette one... or the end of the affair... and i certainly never watched star trek. And :eek: I'm not really a fan of U2 :eek: but funny enough dunk, there's quite a busy Irish music scene :rolleyes: and we get to hear that. We choose to buy quite a bit of Irish music cos it's quite often high quality :cool:

i wasnt complaining... just noticed that all Irish people on here watch every Irish actor known to man and listen to anything Irish just incase they do a diservice to their country and its long history of living under the rule of "the english"...

only kidding... :):)
    Then i will be in that big feckin famous Jail you have there then... i wont do it!!! :D
    No ya won't - they won't let ya into the country with that attitude :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Surprisingly enough I did... BUT I only bought kings of leon cos so many others agreed with you, same with wolfmother ;)

Seems I was right to look for a second opinion :D

a second opinion cos I dont like Tool... its one band... and they are shite

every other band i like or recommend most people agree.. but i have to defend my dislike for Tool :confused:
    i wasnt complaining... just noticed that all Irish people on here watch every Irish actor known to man and listen to anything Irish just incase they do a diservice to their country and its long history of living under the rule of "the english"...

only kidding... :):)

Blah blah blah - get over it dunk :rolleyes: Just cos my country's better than yours and you're jealous there's no need to keep going on about it :p

Edit: Before dunk points out my grammar mistake :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:
    Oh but we do Hells :)
    They usually play but for some reason not this time around :(
    Nah, fuck them! I only have 10,000 days and quite like it... but how could any band choose not to play here? :mad: It's not on.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    No ya won't - they won't let ya into the country with that attitude :D

but i have a ticket :mad:

i'll be good when i'm there... i promise

no hurling though... and i'm visiting loads of Irish places of interest on my trip!

i've always wanted to go to Ireland but to be honest you lot put me off it... i just hope the whole populace isnt like the small demographic on here... otherwise it'll be Daniel o' Donnell singing to me in that jail... with Colin Farrell trying to act in front of me as i sit with a man in a balaclava trying to tell me the IRA are great fun :D

i have to go soon... this was all fun..i mean no harm... please let me into Ireland :o
    Edit: Before dunk points out my grammar mistake :eek:

:D:D

funny
    Nah, fuck them! I only have 10,000 days and quite like it... but how could any band choose not to play here? :mad: It's not on.

Get the rest and you will fall deeply in love with them :D I want them here :(
    I need a coffee!