Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Morning all :)

Looks like it is a VH2 programme here but can be shown at anytime on any channel :confused:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/vh2/shows/article.jhtml?articleId=45132669

"Storytellers shows at various times throughout our MTV UK week, including on our sister channels, so make sure you check out our schedules"

So again not very helpful :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hi Chime!

All so confusing.... :confused::confused:
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    redrock wrote:
    VH1 is mature, sophisticated and totally stylish for viewers who still feel young and want to keep in-touch with what's happening on the music scene today.

Expect to see artists such as The Corrs, Texas, Blondie, Robbie Williams and Celine Dion when you tune-in to VH1."

That is really disturbing. In fact that is more disturbing than the spider that put the shivers on me earlier.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    vhcrap !!!!!!

oh bugger , my membership has just expired !!!! :eek:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Don't knock VH1 - they're the ones who sent me to LA to see The Doors so I have a soft spot for them :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    V V wrote:
    vhcrap !!!!!!

oh bugger , my membership has just expired !!!! :eek:

Uh oh - RUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN and sort it out.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Don't knock VH1 - they're the ones who sent me to LA to see The Doors so I have a soft spot for them :)

Long live VH1 :D
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I just checked the listings up to Monday next week for VH1 U.K and there's nothing there. Bah humbug! Still, this could be a hoot....

'Saturday 8th July, 22:30, David Hasselhoff's Ten Rules of Power Ballad (Music)' :eek:

wow!:D That has to be great! Respect to David Hasselhoff!:D;)
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
    Uh oh - RUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN and sort it out.

pheeeeeeeew done ! :D
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    redrock wrote:
    Long live VH1 :D

Lol... see! :)

And I read the other day that David Hasslehoff is the most mentioned 'celebrity' in e-mails and stuff... or something like that. Like see the way we're mentioning him here? That will go down in some kinda statistic and we will help him become even more famous or something :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    V V wrote:
    pheeeeeeeew done ! :D
    Lol, thank fuck for that. Ok I dunno if i mentioned it in this thread yet but I randomly picked up a Sigur Ros album last night and it's the most amazingly therapeutic, relaxing album I've ever heard in my life... does anyone listen to them? If ya don't... do! Cos it's just beautiful.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Lol, thank fuck for that. Ok I dunno if i mentioned it in this thread yet but I randomly picked up a Sigur Ros album last night and it's the most amazingly therapeutic, relaxing album I've ever heard in my life... does anyone listen to them? If ya don't... do! Cos it's just beautiful.

I've never listened to Sigur Ros..... is it etheral type of stuff... keyboards and stoof... any singing... i mean singing and not church choir type ooohs and aaahs.

I have an aversion to them just as i did to Tool... who incidentally are utter pish :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I've never listened to Sigur Ros..... is it etheral type of stuff... keyboards and stoof... any singing... i mean singing and not church choir type ooohs and aaahs.

I have an aversion to them just as i did to Tool... who incidentally are utter pish :)

You can download some stuff here :)

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/media/index.php
    Downloaded a couple of their videos.. Dunk, it is a bit 'etheral' or rather gentle but, as Hells says, relaxing. Definitely no Wolfmother but...... ;)

It's like the ultimate chill out music. Check out the thread on other music and see what finsy says about them - ya like him :) . It's impossible to describe but it's soooo therapeutic, it's amazing. I didn't know you're supposed to but I lay down and turned off the light and wow! I dunno if Ive ever been so relaxed in my life, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:

You like chimey?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    This is what fins said:

'They really know how to fuse ambience with a rocking beat. Many bands have tried (most famously U2, who worked with Eno and Lanois), but for me Sigur Ros is the first band really to do this convincingly, because they let the music itself take full precedence over the personalities of the individual musicians'
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    You like chimey?

I've not listened to much. Keep meaning to buy an album. Think it would be good to have around for when you are in the right mood for it. Does that make sense :o

Wished you Happy Birthday somewhere but don't know if you saw it so here's a little belated birthday gift ;)

http://www.pearljamonline.it/FOTO/1992/has3.jpg
    Chime wrote:

as helpful as ever Chimster :)

but what genre do they fit into... if its any kind of techno/dance/type o' stuff then i'd rather not... i just assumed they were dancey :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    Definitely no Wolfmother but...... ;)

i'm sooooo into Wolfmother right now... did you guys catch the AOL sessions by them... far out... far out baby!! this week i have been mostly listening to WM and The Raconteurs album has blown me away... i feckin love it!!!

Okily dokily ... i'll give Sigur Ros a small try... but i like my music like i like my undercooked Mayor of London :confused: .... yip that works somehow :D
    Chime wrote:
    I've not listened to much. Keep meaning to buy an album. Think it would be good to have around for when you are in the right mood for it. Does that make sense :o

Wished you Happy Birthday somewhere but don't know if you saw it so here's a little belated birthday gift ;)

http://www.pearljamonline.it/FOTO/1992/has3.jpg
    Oh good god :) How long can i keep this birthday thing up for? :eek: Any other birthdays coming up?

Yeh, it would have to be something for a certain mood - the one I got is ( ) there are no lyrics, absolutely nothing written on the front, back side or inside of the case/ sleeve/ cd.

Dunk, I'm not sure it's something you can just sample really. I dunno, it's just really special.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Give it a try... :):):) The couple of things I listened to sounded pleasant enough. Personally, I don't think I would actually sit down specifically to listen to a whole album but I would have that in the background say, if I was reading or something. Hells can prove me wrong in Dublin :).

Raconteurs... are they really that good? There are lots of bands from whom I've only heard a song or two and that I really like but always wondered if it is the best that I've already listened to. Raconteurs is one of them. Editors, another. I'm sure there's loads more but those two come to mind.
    Any other birthdays coming up?

Dunky is soon but I don't think Eddie will be the right thing for him! Will be for me later in July (with chocolate, if you please...) :D:D
    redrock wrote:
    Raconteurs... are they really that good?.

I'm a big Jack White fan.... greatest musician since Jimmy Page :)

the album is brilliant... 10 really good tunes and i especially love the track Broken Boy Soldiers

no songs on myspace by the look of it, but there website has 2 songs and a video you can watch..
    redrock wrote:
    Give it a try... :):):) The couple of things I listened to sounded pleasant enough. Personally, I don't think I would actually sit down specifically to listen to a whole album but I would have that in the background say, if I was reading or something. Hells can prove me wrong in Dublin :).

Lol, it certainly is not the kinda music i will be playing around the 23rd August :D . I dunno, I've only listened to a few songs so maybe give me a couple of days, lol, but it's not dancey (I get the impression all their albums are different though so I'm only going on this one). I can't describe the music... well I would say maybe radiohead mixed with :confused: Clannad :eek: but it doesn't sound like that, lol. But I can describe the effect - close to the first time I heard the solo on comfortably numb :o

Apparently the genre is 'post rock' whatever the fuck that is, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    Personally, I don't think I would actually sit down specifically to listen to a whole album but I would have that in the background say.....

thats a bit like me... i usually listen when cycling/driving/walking.. i usually listen to faster stuff and i dont think i could lie down and listen to an album... i used to do that... but nowadays i just dont seem to have the time...

i'll still try it..

i've got loads to check out :(
    promised Finsy i'd check his myspace... and I used to like listening to Bert Jansch.. well i only listened to him because some hippy chicks at my school thought he were cool and i thought it might get me a shag... it didnt...
    Sigur Ros ~ I like em ! cant remember what ablum we have but yeah nice stuff to chill to :)
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I'm a big Jack White fan.... greatest musician since Jimmy Page :)

Dunk you may have 5000+ posts but you are seriously rushing down in my opinion :mad:

Please do not slag off Tool, PJ are the only band that I would put above Tool, and secondly, FOR ME, JW is one of the most over-rated musicians ever. Raconteurs aren't bad but...sorry....no, he's not up to the mark :o
    I need a coffee!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    V V wrote:
    Sigur Ros ~ I like em ! cant remember what ablum we have but yeah nice stuff to chill to :)

yeah, I like them too!!
    :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Irish Al wrote:
    Dunk you may have 5000+ posts but you are seriously rushing down in my opinion :mad:

here here , 1st no yoga now no TOOL :eek: