Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:
    Where does this rumour of extra dates come from Jenny?

It has been bandied around for a while now. Saw someone, who's probably talking shite, mention it on the aul interwebs!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Where does this rumour of extra dates come from Jenny?

It has been bandied around for a while now. Saw someone, who's probably talking shite, mention it on the aul interwebs!

It was supposed to have come from the same people who leaked the original dates. They were spot on with the dates so I guess they carry some weight. Of course it all depends on the demand for the Manchester show tomorrow and afterwards if the 2nd date will be booked or not.
  • Options
    I'm going to OSLOOO! \o/
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm going to OSLOOO! \o/

Roomie??? :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm going to OSLOOO! \o/

Ooo yesh! We should just move in together :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm going to OSLOOO! \o/

jeez, you two, just get a room... oh... hang on...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm going to OSLOOO! \o/

see you two in Oslo, then?
    :D
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm going to OSLOOO! \o/

pillow fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;););)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    9am tomorrow gives me a window of exactly 15mins to get a ticket so any spares would be gratefully appreciated, got a couple of sources trying but nothing guaranteed :(

There's certainly room in the schedule between Manchester and IOW for something, maybe a smaller London venue?? :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jen if you fancy picking up a ticket for me tomorrow that would be cool...just on the off chance...this whole thing was a complete fuck up and my plans of deciding later have been shat on by 10c and the thought that there will be very few spares knocking round...drop me a pm or text if you're able to do it...if not no panic!

Chris no worries...I'll let you bring the missus instead of me...just this once mind ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Jen if you fancy picking up a ticket for me tomorrow that would be cool...just on the off chance...this whole thing was a complete fuck up and my plans of deciding later have been shat on by 10c and the thought that there will be very few spares knocking round...drop me a pm or text if you're able to do it...if not no panic!

Chris no worries...I'll let you bring the missus instead of me...just this once mind ;)

Will you be on yer tobler or do you want me to try for Mrs Al too?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Same here Jen whatever spares you have availble I'm sure I'll be able to use, trying to source for my lads too :?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    There'll be no work done by me tomorrow :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Got tickets for Stockholm :D hoping & praying to get something for the MEN tomorrow, preferably standing.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jennytree wrote:
    Will you be on yer tobler or do you want me to try for Mrs Al too?

I just asked mrs al there if she wanted to go and she says she'll give PJ a miss next year....in the same breath she said that "I can be sure that you wont end up at AT LEAST one PJ show next summer"...she knows me too well :lol:

So just me please Jen...thanks a mil
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    I'll try my best!

Tis lovely and snowy in Dublin this morning, nice cosy morning out :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'm in two minds about things... Do I try to get a couple good seated ones, just in case the 10C ones end up being crappy (seeing they're releasing the unsold part of their allocation - thousands apparently - back for general sales), sell off my extras but decide on the night (once I get my 10C tix) which ones I keep or... just not bother.

I can try to get some for peeps but I have to ask for payment straight away as I will have to settle my credit card bill soon after.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I'm in two minds about things... Do I try to get a couple good seated ones, just in case the 10C ones end up being crappy (seeing they're releasing the unsold part of their allocation - thousands apparently - back for general sales), sell off my extras but decide on the night (once I get my 10C tix) which ones I keep or... just not bother.

Surely any ticket bought through the 10C sale will be better than any seated ticket bought today through general sale?

They'll have allocated any seats sold via the presale to the 10C members who were lucky to get them by now and then the seats released for the general sale will be the ones behind those, you would have thought. They couldn't ever be 100% sure that they would sell all their seated tickets in the presale so they would have always been allocating before the general sale began in case there were any extras to release into general sale had none of this happened. They also said that they only had a small section of seats to sell via 10C so I wouldn't imagine still have thousands because they never had that many to begin with.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    The thousands were for all the gigs. They said small section but when things were going wrong, we were assured there were loads left! We're assuming the 10C seats would be in section 102 or 115 at the MEN (going by last gig there). Someone got seats in 5th row, section 115 in a presale... Maybe 10C got Mike side then (102).
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    The thousands were for all the gigs. They said small section but when things were going wrong, we were assured there were loads left! We're assuming the 10C seats would be in section 102 or 115 at the MEN (going by last gig there). Someone got seats in 5th row, section 115 in a presale... Maybe 10C got Mike side then (102).

Okay, my bad, I thought you were just referring to the Manchester show.

Going by that report of someone getting section 115, 5th row already, that would indicate that either yes, 10C did get 102, Mikes side, or that they didn't have nearly as many seated tickets as they did 3 years ago (my 10C seat for Manchester in 2009 was in section 115, 7th row), or that the extra tickets have in fact, already been released.

That's assuming 10C has those seated sections again.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    One would hope it's those sections as they are the 'best seats'! Also, I don't have a very good number either (365xx). What's your number?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    One would hope it's those sections as they are the 'best seats'! Also, I don't have a very good number either (365xx). What's your number?

not as good as yours lol It's a 401***. So bear in mind that I managed 7th row in the tiers with that number 3 years ago and you usually move closer each time, I would say that you'll probably have some very good seats with yours :)

I'm just glad I managed to get some seats with no problems at all on Tuesday evening. We know that the seats will be decent and imho, any seat is better than being elbowed about in standing, especially given how rough the Manchester crowd appeared to be in 2009. I'm not so bothered about being close enough to see Ed's nose hair, I just like to be able to see the band playing and be comfortable. :)

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Hopefully there will be a lil' bunch of us sitting together then!
  • Options
    Yes....you don;t feel quite so silly getting stupidly excited when the person next to you is getting equally so :mrgreen:

Last time in Manchester I was sat next to a dude from the US who said he'd been going to shows for 15 years. When Stone picked up the bass for Smile, he literally grabbed my arm and screamed "STONE'S GOT THE BASS, STONE'S GOT THE BASS, THEY'RE GOING TO DO SMILE!!" :lol:

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Fuuuuu...
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Bollox....
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Just got 1 standing! Will keep trying for the rest of ye :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    I got nothing though I will keep on trying
  • Options
    How many do you need Rita?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:

not as good as yours lol It's a 401***. So bear in mind that I managed 7th row in the tiers with that number 3 years ago and you usually move closer each time, I would say that you'll probably have some very good seats with yours :)

I'm just glad I managed to get some seats with no problems at all on Tuesday evening. We know that the seats will be decent and imho, any seat is better than being elbowed about in standing, especially given how rough the Manchester crowd appeared to be in 2009. I'm not so bothered about being close enough to see Ed's nose hair, I just like to be able to see the band playing and be comfortable. :)

crowd was pretty rough in Manchester... guy with the mohican dragging his chav concubine through the crowd was one of the biggest arseholes ever.

Not even that big a guy... next time JRD is going to fuck him up using Klingon insults.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.