Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Good morning lovelies. Well... as good as a Monday morning can be! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Good morning lovelies. Well... as good as a Monday morning can be! :mrgreen:

good afternoon!

*tumbleweed*

so where's everyone at ? sure is quiet here today...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Bank holiday here in Ireland...had a great day in me folks yesterday. There was 4 great grandparents, 4 grandparents, and us..great day with lots of wine...oh and me mammy made all me favourite foods and baked me a birthday cake :oops: :D

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes (pat, erm I mean theirry, yours means more cause it was actually on me birthday :lol: )

No sign of Jennington :lol::lol::lol: :twisted:

Jrd, yep you're sorted for tickets, just go up to the two huge bouncers at the premier and say these exact words..."yo, mofo bitches, me man Col-dog be puttin me name on the motherfuckin guestlist, now clear me way ya pair of cock rot scabs!" :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

Jrd, yep you're sorted for tickets, just go up to the two huge bouncers at the premier and say these exact words..."yo, mofo bitches, me man Col-dog be puttin me name on the motherfuckin guestlist, now clear me way ya pair of cock rot scabs!" :twisted:

excellent! i'll let you know how it goes... 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

**diligently takes note**
  • Options
    Last & first!

'morning.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Last & first!

'morning.

but not first and last today...! ;)

afternoon.
  • Options
    Maybe I will be....
  • Options
    Not tonight Josephine...not tonight ;):lol:

My new broadband is shite :evil:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Aww Alfred... :( Who's you're provider?

'morning all. Today work, tomorrow and Friday off.. Yay!
  • Options
    Morning all :wave:

Oh God Al, I missed your birthday! :shock: I'm so sorry :(

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHAY!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Reading through it looks like you had a good day so I don't feel so bad *Cough-Mummy's-boy-cough* ;)

So how are we all?

I'm still stupidly snowed at work with no sign of slacking off in my future; I have an appraisal at 11:30 and the second half of my 130 slide presentation at 1pm...

I do miss you all so :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Whaddup mofo's! I have not yet recovered from that night... and no, there were no exes involved :lol:

I went down to Cork on Sunday night for Pearl Jem (they gave me a shoutout before Nothingman *swooon*) T'was the first gig of theirs that I could consume alcohol for, and I took advantage of the situation! Then on Monday, I drove from Cork to Killarney along the coast and mountains through some bogarse towns in West Cork and stayed the night there just chillin' out, and drove back up yesterday. A nice few days off I must say! I have the rest of the week off work so today I'll be doing mostly nothing and we'll take it from there :mrgreen:

Hope yer all keeping mighty!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Well... it WAS a good night Jenny!!!

Starting to receive party stuff ordered... helium cannister with balloons (must resist sucking up the helium!), some balloons with lil' lights in them (must resist trying one out with the helium), general decorations and also LOADS of sweets... bags and bags of them (must resist those as well!)! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Hi all had lovely time in Cornwall now with my mum and she is looking for 2 tix to mr plant on Friday if any of u get wind I am also asking everyone I know.

Al I'm so sorry I missed ur Bday hope it was a good one here's a belated birthday kiss X
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Well... it WAS a good night Jenny!!!

Starting to receive party stuff ordered... helium cannister with balloons (must resist sucking up the helium!), some balloons with lil' lights in them (must resist trying one out with the helium), general decorations and also LOADS of sweets... bags and bags of them (must resist those as well!)! :mrgreen:

What always bothers me about sweet sixteen parties is, how the hell do they claim to have that amount of fun without alcohol??? :shock:

How many are invited to G's party? Is it a proper MTV Sweet Sixteen style shindig? Will she be arriving on a tiger and getting a ridiculously over-sized and over-priced car as a gift? :D

Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

What always bothers me about sweet sixteen parties is, how the hell do they claim to have that amount of fun without alcohol??? :shock:

How many are invited to G's party? Is it a proper MTV Sweet Sixteen style shindig? Will she be arriving on a tiger and getting a ridiculously over-sized and over-priced car as a gift? :D

Of course... a proper MTV party! She wishes! Though she does say those kids are rude, inconsiderate spoilt brats so full of themselves! She would like a car though.. a little mini.

'morning all. Day off today and off to the Tate Modern!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:

have fun looking at 4 twigs that have been hung at different heights. ;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    anyone else having problems watching youtube HD videos?

my laptop is only 10 months old and the HD 720pixel videos are all choppy... sounds is fine... but the fps drops to about 10fps... but videos at 380 pixels are fine...

i fully expect only Jenny will know what i'm on about... of course jrd as well, but that was a given. ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I've moved! 8-) :shock: :|:mrgreen:

Is it just me, or is Facebook acting up today? :think: Also, dunky, YouTube vids seem to work pretty fine for me. Then, I haven't watched many HD ones today. Just one, I think. :geek:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    anyone else having problems watching youtube HD videos?

my laptop is only 10 months old and the HD 720pixel videos are all choppy... sounds is fine... but the fps drops to about 10fps... but videos at 380 pixels are fine...

i fully expect only Jenny will know what i'm on about... of course jrd as well, but that was a given. ;)

i think the quality is just rubbish on the sort of stuff you've been watching, Dunk. :roll:
    you have to pay for the full HD-quality versions.
    so i've been told... :oops:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Of course... a proper MTV party! She wishes! Though she does say those kids are rude, inconsiderate spoilt brats so full of themselves! She would like a car though.. a little mini.

problem solved - get her one of these. ;)

you can't walk on the ceramic beans you know...
  • Options
    Thanks Sian and V, but birthdays at my age mean nothing *Al wipes away the single tear running from his left eye* :thumbup:

Rita I've just changed over to Imagine Wimax, now I know I've gone back to 3mg having been at 8mg but my old 3mg defo wasnt this slow, it takes ages to load any type of page in the evening. I contacted them today and while I do plan to move up to the 7mg, the lad in tech support said that they needed me to do a load of speed checks for them before I move up, its just a pain in the hole. :roll:

So is G getting mad excited then???

Em's congrats, I hope you'll be exceedingly happy, just no sex before marriage ;)

Dunk FUCK OFF BACK TO NERD SCHOOL :twisted:

Tis a very big day for Al in work today...one of my groups have got to a National Citizenship Awards Final today :shock:...now the reason for the shock, its normally 'good' kids that get to these finals, not Al-work type kids. Over 150 groups entered and we're down to the last 10 :D :thumbup: My group created a booklet on sustainable energy and gave one to every house in the area. And the other class thing is that they've made a 2 show documentary of the whole thing with the first episode on 7th which showcases all 10 groups and then todays event will be on the following week, so all irish folks here can watch and fingers crossed we bag the trophy :)8-)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I've just changed over to Imagine Wimax

Oh... dear god nooooooooooooo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYNihG0KLXo

Everybody now... WiMAX!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:
    I've just changed over to Imagine Wimax

Oh... dear god nooooooooooooo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYNihG0KLXo

Everybody now... WiMAX!

Yep the kids actually expected him to arrive at the door with the guitar singing the song when I said the Wimax man was coming :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Sure just eat a few steaks and you could be Louth's answer to the WiMax man... that'd make some hallowe'en costume :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Sure just eat a few steaks and you could be Louth's answer to the WiMax man... that'd make some hallowe'en costume :lol:

Nah I'm too good a singer to be him :lol::lol::lol:

So Jen, in your professional :lol: opinion, what broadband should I have gone with??

Oh and what do you know about Linux??

(Yes I know you're on hols but this is special ;) )
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Nah I'm too good a singer to be him :lol::lol::lol:

So Jen, in your professional :lol: opinion, what broadband should I have gone with??

Oh and what do you know about Linux??

(Yes I know you're on hols but this is special ;) )

all our machines at work run Linux, apart from the ever-increasing number of Apple laptops. it's a 'proper' operating system, much better at multi-tasking than Windows.

if you want to try it i'd probably recommend something like Ubuntu because it seems better than others at things like picking up wireless devices. it's supposed to be easy to install and manage if you're not from a Unix/Linux background. you can download it and run it from a CD or memory stick without having to actually install it. :ugeek:
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    we do have a large concentration of nerds in this thread :ugeek:
    Dunk, my professional opinion is that you twiddle the thingamyjig till the whatsit sstarts working properly.

Have you turned it off and back on again :lol:

Computer says NO :ugeek:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I'm with souie on the techie front

Al that's ACE about the kids best of luck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    On hols today but was asked to go in the office for an hour or two. Did my normal crack of dawn time, back home by 8am, thought I would go back to bed and back to sleep but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Now tired and pissed off :evil: