Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    There's been a crazy amount of back pain affecting the dept I work in... tis crazy!

Hope we're all well!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Can't believe it... the one and only venue we found that would be willing to accommodate Gabrielle's sweet 16 party next month burnt to the ground yesterday.... :( Don't know if we'll find another venue. JRD... know anything in your area?

sorry Red, i don't know anything about that sort of thing... :roll: i can ask my other half if you like, she might know about party venues and such?

urgh, just had a couple of days off with a trapped nerve in my shoulder and probable RSI in my arm. how can it be painful to just HAVE an arm ? :( shouldn't really be at work today or even using a computer but have urgent things to sort out... *sigh* anyway, i'm going to have tomorrow and probably Monday off and try to go 4 days without using a PC or laptop... wonder if i can manage that...

:( feck I'm having the same problem, looking like injections needed as other treatments not working :roll:

I have similar problems with my right arm and shoulder... bloody desk jobs eh? :evil: I used to have deep tissue massages and physio (oh how I loved Howard's magic hands) but it appears to be getting worse again :?

Afternoon me auld muckers! How the devil are we? :D

Good news on the potential venue Rita :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Passed my driving test! Yay!!!!! **insert lil' jumping up and down smilie** :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    Passed my driving test! Yay!!!!! **insert lil' jumping up and down smilie** :D:D:D:D

Congrats!!!! So what will be your first solo run??
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Taxi :roll: Dropping G off at Stagecoach tomorrow morning..... The fun starts.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:

:lol: ... must be a relief though. Make life a little easier :)
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    chime wrote:

:lol: ... must be a relief though. Make life a little easier :)

She can take the bus..... but she does have a lot to carry with her tomorrow. Only reason why I'm driving her.
  • Options
    Much congratulations, Red! FREEDOOOM :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

That's my Rita!! Well done.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    redrock wrote:

Congrats Rita, in fairness its one of the best feelings ever...Jen is right freedommmmmmmmmmmmmm (for G :twisted: )

By the way Jen did you go to craptown last saturday?
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    blimey !!! Rita that was a bit extreem to get out of holding a sweet sixteen party dont ya think !! :lol:
    nightmare. well last week the venue I had booked for my next big dance wkend pulled out !!! fucking great so have spent a wk looking for another have a couple of "possiblities" if they can cancell there regular stuff to accomedate me. fingers cross we both find venues.

and please tell me what part of my tiny brian thought it would be a good idea to go out on a sunday night till 130am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :?
    oh yeah the part that knows Carny Ville is ACE brilliant night just wish I could have slept in.

oh yes and you wedding show girls, how was it ?? hehe
    I got a nice sparkley headband :D had to buy SOMETHING lol. But yep, I kinda went there hoping to find bridesmaid dresses and there weren't really any :oops: I think I found them yesterday though... onsale at £80 (from 160) but only in size 18 :shock: and my bridesmaids are all 12s... fuckers fuckers fuckers! I've emailed them though so all's not lost yet.

V, I've got a wedding on 11/11/11 in Ireland too... and I'm bridesmaid at that one :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    There's been a crazy amount of back pain affecting the dept I work in... tis crazy!

Hope we're all well!
    I kicked up a fuss at our place and they got the chair manufacturers to come in and make sure we're all sitting correctly and have chairs adjusted correctly :D . I think workstation assessments may be in order soon though as we're all having trouble we never had before.

I'm on the employee forum now so I can do these things :mrgreen: .
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    anyone else get an email from Amazon with

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-Ten-Legs-P ... 27&sr=1-22

?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    anyone else get an email from Amazon with

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-Ten-Legs-P ... 27&sr=1-22

?

Did you order it John??

It's a joke we haven't received news from 10C.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    So Al... how about that football team from liverpool :lol::lol::lol: the one 2nd from the bottom of the table :lol::lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    'morning all. Monday and I'm knackered... doesn't abode well for the rest of the week!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Morning Rita.how are you this "fine "Monday morning? :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    chime wrote:
    That Travelodge has a great location (don't know what it'll be like inside ... a bit Travelodgy I expect ;)) ... it's the same price the weekend Al is going (not talking about for Al and the Mrs as presume for their anniversary they may want somewhere a bit more la de da) should we decide to gatecrash.

Al you advised Mrs Al this may not be the romantic weekend away with just the two of you she may have been expecting for her wedding anniversary??

hi folks...

been on holiday for a week... nowhere at all... but my laptop is away at the doctors as well so not been able to pop by..

is this date ok with folks? it's ok with me thats for sure.... plus the Waterloo place is slap bang in the middle of Edinburgh... good find Pippa! :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    What date was that? I know there was one weekend that was out cos of a rugby match that Alf had mentioned!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    ok.. just read that Al can't do that weekend...

Sian... don't worry about the prices as they will come down... as Pip said, we can't buy them until 12 weeks before the date anyway but you'd normally be looking at something like £10-15 for a single to Edinburgh from Birmingham... It's about £9.50 from Edinburgh to Manchester.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Dunk think if you pick a weekend and do one of those FB event thingamybobs will be able to keep track of who can and can't do it. Main thing I guess is for folks to start booking the hotel before the prices start going up.
  • Options
    RIght folks Mrs Al took a notion to check flights on saturday night for the friday 4th March...we got flights out on friday and back on monday for...drum roll.......€35 each :shock: there was no taxes or charges, we did book in a bag and then with online booking fee + web check in (which are the mother of all swindles as you have no bloody choice in them :evil: ) we came out €60 each...no so bad (in best dodgy scotish accent :D ) well chuffed with that :) Edinburgh here we comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and soupy, suck my fat one :x
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    ok... so do we go for that same weekend as Al then folks?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    ok... so do we go for that same weekend as Al then folks?

I can do that weekend. But we'll need to look for somewhere else to stay. Places at that travelodge have trebled! ... I reckon it was a new one with no bookings when I first looked and now folks have noticed it's existence :(

There are some Premier Inns showing up as reasonable central (more Haymarket way) for £58 a night?

Jenny fancy sharing a room on this trip ;) :P
  • Options
    chime wrote:

Jenny fancy sharing a room on this trip ;) :P

Sounds good to me :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    those are expensive... but like Al's tightie whities they might come down eh?

My wife once hired this place out called Royal Mile Apartments or something like that... basically it can sleep about 5 adults per accommodation, has a kitchen, lounge area, etc.. when they did it worked out about £50 per head for the 2 nights... might be worth looking in to that?
  • Options
    That also sounds good, Dunk. We'd probably all end up staying in the same place anyway :D Will I set up a FB event?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    yeah go for it Jennington... :thumbup:
  • Options
    Mrs Al's gonna be sooooooo happy :lol:
    I need a coffee!