Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Can't believe it... the one and only venue we found that would be willing to accommodate Gabrielle's sweet 16 party next month burnt to the ground yesterday.... :( Don't know if we'll find another venue. JRD... know anything in your area?
  • Options
    That's awful about G's party venue Rita :( I wish we could help :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    That's awful Rita ... hope you find somewhere else soon.

Sian following this weekends discussions on the merits of one Ben Harper ... seen as you are not yet married I thought it only fair to point out that from a quick glance around The Porch today it appears that he is back on the market ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    blimey !!! Rita that was a bit extreem to get out of holding a sweet sixteen party dont ya think !! :lol:
    nightmare. well last week the venue I had booked for my next big dance wkend pulled out !!! fucking great so have spent a wk looking for another have a couple of "possiblities" if they can cancell there regular stuff to accomedate me. fingers cross we both find venues.

and please tell me what part of my tiny brian thought it would be a good idea to go out on a sunday night till 130am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :?
    oh yeah the part that knows Carny Ville is ACE brilliant night just wish I could have slept in.

oh yes and you wedding show girls, how was it ?? hehe
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    this is err for sian ! just so she can see what someone else might get married in ! not cos I'm nosey or a girl who likes to see wedding dresses ! hehe

http://gossip.whyfame.com/files/2010/09 ... _dress.jpg
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:

oh yes and you wedding show girls, how was it ?? hehe

It was ok! The main thing being sold there is dresses so it was a bit useless for me! :roll: I DID try on two £4000 dresses though; they were very nice :D

I felt a wee bit sorry for my bridesmaids though as they had to traipse round with me all day :oops:

I only got my hair comb and earrings there but it was a good day :D

V V wrote:
    this is err for sian ! just so she can see what someone else might get married in ! not cos I'm nosey or a girl who likes to see wedding dresses ! hehe

http://gossip.whyfame.com/files/2010/09 ... _dress.jpg
    I think that dress looks awful on her... he should've refused to marry her. He'd marry me if he saw me in mine, guaranteed ;):lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    'morning.

V.... bloody venues!!!! :evil:

Sian - at least you bought something! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Morning.

Any news on G's party Rita?

Dunk - we've been looking at trains and flights for Edinburgh and they are rather expeno... mind you, the cheap ones are yet to be released.

See, Helen can't go either; we should have it in Birmingham in March ;)8-)

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Morning!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morning, ugh late nights and early mornings I still cant get the hang of ! :?

Brim would be easyer for me. March umm plz NOT weekend of 26th as have dance thingy.

Sian you cld easerly do a groovy booth at you wedding get a friend to start collecting silly stuff from charity shops n car boots !
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

See, Helen can't go either; we should have it in Birmingham in March ;)8-)

Please don't make me go back to Birmingham :cry:

;)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Once a date is agreed if you all register here http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/ (click on 'Get Alerts' on the right hand side of the page) it will e-mail you the day the cheap tickets for that date go on sale. I would register the date you want to travel to Edinburgh and the date you want to travel back as they may go on sale at different times. Buying two singles is usually the cheapest way of buying the tickets.

EDIT: Also just checked Travelodge's website and is showing for a Friday check-in - Sun check-out (I checked the middle weekend in March) £25 per night for the Waterloo Place Travelodge ;)
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    We're looking at going the weekend of the 25th, flying in on the friday afternoon and out on the monday afternoon (as its our anniversary ;) ) Flights are ridiculously expensive so we'll wait til a sale happens closer to the date but thats what we're planning...whether you lot are there or not :lol: :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    That Travelodge has a great location (don't know what it'll be like inside ... a bit Travelodgy I expect ;)) ... it's the same price the weekend Al is going (not talking about for Al and the Mrs as presume for their anniversary they may want somewhere a bit more la de da) should we decide to gatecrash.

Al you advised Mrs Al this may not be the romantic weekend away with just the two of you she may have been expecting for her wedding anniversary??
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Al you advised Mrs Al this may not be the romantic weekend away with just the two of you she may have been expecting for her wedding anniversary??

I'm sure she's used to these "coincidences" already ;)

Al, did you have to dress up in a mankini?!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    'morning lovelies.

May have found a venue. Not ideally located for all and I haven't seen it yet... but there is a bit of hope.

It's lovely seeing the miners come out :mrgreen:
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    dentist this afternoon :? it was not good! maybe i should have gone earlier and not had to put up with what i did today! :lol: gotta go back soon and get some more stuff sorted out :?

kiddies, go to the dentist or pay the price :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Ouch, you just made my teeth hurt :evil:

I've just chewed through my 5th plastic barbell in as many weeks cos I don't want metal in my mouth anymore as it can do serious damage to tooth enamel and gums. I'll have to order more!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    yeah, i broke a tooth on monday, nice and decayed, but hopefully no need for root canal :shock: we will see, only a temp filling in there in case i do need it :? i even got to keep the bit of my tooth that broke off :roll:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Wooohooo for the miners! :D

Morning all! :wave:

I've been running round like an idiot all morning as I was supposed to do a huge presentation (that I had 24 hours to prepare :roll: ) at 10am and i've just found out it's been put back to 13:30 *sigh of relief*

... and I got Rob Zombie tickets this morning :mrgreen:8-)

• Options
    evening !
    just been invited to a wedding on 11/11/11 :mrgreen: in Portland OR USA !!! woohoo

just when we seemed to be in the "everyone separating age" (being my age done the wedding then babies stages. had 6/7 close frds split after 20 yrs wed in the last 3 yrs!) it makes me so happy to know there are all these weddings coming up YAY
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    chime wrote:

I'm sure she's used to these "coincidences" already ;)

Al, did you have to dress up in a mankini?!

She is WELL used to those accidental meetings :lol:

I didn't have to wear the mankini thank fuck...finished 3rd last...last putt on the last hole saved me :twisted:

So that weekend we were looking at is out...Ireland are playing Scotland in Edinburgh in the 6 nations, in other words those prices are gonna go up and up and up.....back to the drawingbaord ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    'morning peeps.

So no mankini Al... :(

V... a wedding in the USA!!! Nice holidays to plan :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    'morning peeps.

So no mankini Al :(:

Red your unhappy face needs to be replaced by a relieved smilie...would not have been a pretty sight...even for jennington and she do anything to get a view of one of me pubes ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

So that weekend we were looking at is out...Ireland are playing Scotland in Edinburgh in the 6 nations, in other words those prices are gonna go up and up and up.....back to the drawingbaord ;)

clearly you dont wish to see me as that was the weekend I deffinatly could NOT do ! *humpf*

Red any luck with halls ??

• Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Can't believe it... the one and only venue we found that would be willing to accommodate Gabrielle's sweet 16 party next month burnt to the ground yesterday.... :( Don't know if we'll find another venue. JRD... know anything in your area?

sorry Red, i don't know anything about that sort of thing... :roll: i can ask my other half if you like, she might know about party venues and such?

urgh, just had a couple of days off with a trapped nerve in my shoulder and probable RSI in my arm. how can it be painful to just HAVE an arm ? :( shouldn't really be at work today or even using a computer but have urgent things to sort out... *sigh* anyway, i'm going to have tomorrow and probably Monday off and try to go 4 days without using a PC or laptop... wonder if i can manage that...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Al... sad face was for missing a good laugh... even if it was gross and cringeworthy!

V... went to see a cricket club yesterday which would be suitable (it's quite local too). The lady there was a dragon but I guess I can deal with that. Location could be a problem though. For G's friends it's not too bad though there is only one bus going by followed by about 10 minutes walk but for Lara's friends it's more difficult seeing they come from Kingston/wimbledon way. I also contacted a church hall nearby. The location is MUCH better, even if it's still Whitton. Not far from the station and 3 bus routes going past. Most kids will be picked up at the end but I know a lot will want to take public transport to ge there. The church hall has a penciled in booking. The lady only has a name (no telephone number). SHe said to call back Saturday and if the booking hadn't been confirmed I could have the hall. Though the club is a definite option, I would much prefer the church hall as it is MUCH cheaper and more convenient. But then again, I'll just be happy for a venue!!!! We'll see. It's so hard for me not to call the church hall lady today to see if she heard anything!

jrd - hope your arm gets better soon. Or just amputate it - no problems then! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

jrd - hope your arm gets better soon. Or just amputate it - no problems then! :mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:

sorry Red, i don't know anything about that sort of thing... :roll: i can ask my other half if you like, she might know about party venues and such?

urgh, just had a couple of days off with a trapped nerve in my shoulder and probable RSI in my arm. how can it be painful to just HAVE an arm ? :( shouldn't really be at work today or even using a computer but have urgent things to sort out... *sigh* anyway, i'm going to have tomorrow and probably Monday off and try to go 4 days without using a PC or laptop... wonder if i can manage that...

:( feck I'm having the same problem, looking like injections needed as other treatments not working :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    'morning lovelies.

Dave... injections are great. Have you tried ultrasounds? Worked really well for me.