Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrock wrote:
    Rita, I have plenty lots of festival wristbands and/or ticket stubs... I'll dig 'em out for G asap :D

Thank you my lovely. G's project is a mixed media one, acrylic (or oil - she's not sure yet) paint and collage (thus the stubs, etc.), looking at festivals from a 'different' angle!

I know what she has in her head and I'm curious to see how she can transfer her vision to canvas!

I still have to go to the post office for you :oops: Sorry. :oops:

Well done on your bike ride. :mrgreen:

No probs, I'll dig 'em out this afternoon and get them off... I'm intrigued! Just make sure you post pictures of the finished piece! :D

I'd forgot about you going to the postbox too actually, it was only when I recieved a package yesterday that I remembered! I've just been so busy :roll:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    hello hello
    jrd ! i dont think they sound as good recorded, they myspace page is lacking in something but live , they really rock ! glad they are on planet rock wish they could brake through they work so hard.

well done Sian & Dave on your ride !

this whole child benefit thing is making me mad ! I think its a good thing. dont know why its taken SO LONG to do this, why should a family who's income joint or not is over 45g's a yr (fuck me I would feel like mega rich on that much) get child benefit. what will it take away from them holiday spending money ??? for some it means food and shoes !! I dont understand this "seporate income" woman say they are depenennt on their husbands without the benefit , i'm sorry did they not have babies together ??? or become a family together ? why do they talk about their life being so seporate ???? . GGGrrrrrRRRrrrrrrrrr :twisted:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited October 2010
    Hello pinkness! Been a while...

What pisses me off about the child benefit is that a family with one earner at £43.000 (so total family income is £43.000) doesn't get anything but a family with two earners at £40.000 (total family income of £80.000) gets full benefit! And Cameron says it's 'fair'????? Too complex to sort this out? What about tax returns (which looks at total income) - can't they get their info from there? So they have to find something to 'compensate' - how much will that cost? :roll:

In the meantime, though in writing the DLA said they accepted there was not much change in Rob's situation, they still reduced his disability allowance. So his meager benefit has been reduced by £30/week. Speaking to the people, it would seem the government 'guidelines' to whom should received how much have been changed to make it extremely hard. So no direct cuts in benefit, just impossible to get them. :evil: Bloody government.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    yo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yo big man.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hello pinkness! Been a while...

What pisses me off about the child benefit is that a family with one earner at £43.000 (so total family income is £43.000) doesn't get anything but a family with two earners at £40.000 (total family income of £80.000) gets full benefit! And Cameron says it's 'fair'????? Too complex to sort this out? What about tax returns (which looks at total income) - can't they get their info from there? So they have to find something to 'compensate' - how much will that cost? :roll:

In the meantime, though in writing the DLA said they accepted there was not much change in Rob's situation, they still reduced his disability allowance. So his meager benefit has been reduced by £30/week. Speaking to the people, it would seem the government 'guidelines' to whom should received how much have been changed to make it extremely hard. So no direct cuts in benefit, just impossible to get them. :evil: Bloody government.

I kNow its stupid ! crazy, as if ppl with 80grand need that money !!! and as you say they then cut Rob's benefit > makes no sense !!!
    child tax credit means test is stupid too as we get tested on the company turn over (cos own business) which is around 40 thou. but petes drawings only 16 thou. !!!!!! as subcontractors drawings are in with the turnover !!! bloody crazy.

ok enough of that poo poo
    our local magazine the look, it only serves half of bath its that small, rang to ask if they could come and interview me about me dancing tomorrow ! :lol: should be a laugh!
    ok off to ballet I go me and the OAP's doing romde jomse (Red sp?) and other silly things that make me laugh alot. have a good day all XXXXX
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    ok enough of that poo poo
    our local magazine the look, it only serves half of bath its that small, rang to ask if they could come and interview me about me dancing tomorrow ! :lol: should be a laugh!
    ok off to ballet I go me and the OAP's doing romde jomse (Red sp?) and other silly things that make me laugh alot. have a good day all XXXXX
    [/color]

Right... enough poo poo before I get mad!

Interview you! Getting famous :mrgreen:

Rond-de-jambe. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Saw this lil' guy in another thread and I thought he was cute...

smiley-shocked003.gif
  • Options
    He is ! :lol:

smiley-shocked003.gif

just to be boring for a mo. I have found this site which could be useful!

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/
  • Options
    THanks V....
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I was going to say I know of a similar site called entitedto.co.uk ... but typed it in to check I had remembered it correctly and it redirected to the one V had posted :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    morning all :yawn:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Hey Soupy! I feel like your emoticon!

Hi all :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Morning!

Luckily this tax benefit mess doesn't effect us... yet... and by the time it does, it'll be the norm!

Bloody Tories... I didn't vote 'em in :roll:

I'm having a wedding shoe dilemma :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Luckily this tax benefit mess doesn't effect us... yet... and by the time it does, it'll be the norm! (

Doesn't affect us either but the principle of it and the way it is applied is rubbish (as this type of thing will happen with other credits/benefits/etc. what may one day affect us.
    Bloody Tories... I didn't vote 'em in :roll: :(

Neither did Rob. Neither would I have done if I could have voted. Rob wouldn't have voted for the lib dems if he would have known what he knows now!
    Dilemma? Vivienne Westwood. Sorted
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Luckily this tax benefit mess doesn't effect us... yet... and by the time it does, it'll be the norm! (

Doesn't affect us either but the principle of it and the way it is applied is rubbish (as this type of thing will happen with other credits/benefits/etc. what may one day affect us.
    Bloody Tories... I didn't vote 'em in :roll: :(

Neither did Rob. Neither would I have done if I could have voted. Rob wouldn't have voted for the lib dems if he would have known what he knows now!
    Dilemma? Vivienne Westwood. Sorted

I don't think I can afford Westwoods... not the right colour to go with my dress anyways... it's not white, ivory or cream... and it's proving a pain in the arse to get shoes to match :(

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't think I can afford Westwoods... not the right colour to go with my dress anyways... it's not white, ivory or cream... and it's proving a pain in the arse to get shoes to match :(

Don't try to match then. Get a complimentary or contrasting colour and have a spot of the same colour in something else, either a couple of flowers in the bouquet, a jewel, whatever you have to cover your shoulders, etc. Spraypaint a pair of shoes silver, gold or bronze... :mrgreen:
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i thought of Al this morning... and yes don't worry, it was in a sordid kinky 2 guys getting it on kinda way as usual.... but after that I thought of him again as Grant Lee Buffalo came on my mp3 player... the dirty bugger...

I think we might need a might up in the new year!!!! :thumbup: even just a night or two in Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, London, etc?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Sain I thought you had shoes already ??? :? *confussed*

Dunk that sounds good :mrgreen:

oh no I just heard them say some of the CW games swimmers have "delhi belly" :lol: :roll: thats India for you.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V - Sian had shoes but no dress ... now has dress but shoes don't match ... therefore more shoe shopping required!!!

Dunkleton ... seem to remember you proposed organising an Edinburgh get together a while ago ;) ... I say go for it and keep us posted :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    I think we might need a might up in the new year!!!! :thumbup: even just a night or two in Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, London, etc?

I've never been to Scotland :oops: Edinburgh at the end of January?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    not sure if I could make it but i have tickets to .... TNA wrestling :roll: 29th jan. lucky me :lol:
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I've never been to Scotland :oops: Edinburgh at the end of January?

man, you guys would love Edinburgh... it's beautiful and has tons of excellent pubs n stuff. :thumbup:

that'd be cool... i know Jill has some big girlie weekend in February... so that's out for me. But Jan or March?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    V - yes, I have dress but shoes are a no-go (colours aren't good together) :roll: more shoeeeeeessss!!! :mrgreen:

Dunk - we can't really do an Edinburgh meet up as we are lacking a wee something called 'money' :cry:

Birmingham in March gets my vote...

But nae bother if you cannae, i'm sure the Coventry meet-up in November 2011 will be a grand auld shing-dig ;)8-)

• Options
    But nae bother if you cannae, i'm sure the Coventry meet-up in November 2011 will be a grand auld shing-dig ;)8-)

whats happening then?

;);)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

whats happening then?

;);)

No idea... Dave said I should 'save-the-date' or summat... I dunno... :roll: ;)

• Options
    Dave is supra organised though... 14 months ago he told me I would be typing this reply to you.
  • Options
    found new crazy music, if you like heavy stuff and NIN type stuff you may like this I LOVES it
    Drumcorps ~ pig destroyer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwUPnD_3veU
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I have no life so anytime would suit me really :D Just as long as it's not me and Dunk sitting in a pub on our tobler looking awkward!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I have no life so anytime would suit me really :D Just as long as it's not me and Dunk sitting in a pub on our tobler looking awkward!

and why would would it be awkward? plus I reckons I'd bring the wifey... and Pippa likes Edinburgh... Al will use any excuse to come for a booze up... it'll be grand 8-)