Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    If it was a choice between January or March I'd lean towards March as funds tend to be a bit low in January after all that x-mas malarkey and pay dates being moved ... plus on a selfish note I will already be there x-mas and hogmanay :oops:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    March is my preference... Edinburgh can be amazingly cold in January... plus fundage reasons as Pippa has just said.

although i have already bought my girls big pressies... electric scooters!!!!

VZDL.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Paddys Day pissup in Scotland?! :D

The scooters look awesome!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    it'll be good Jenny... even the pubs here in Dumfries get all dressed up for Paddys day... :lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    well I tryed to pay tenc for another yr of newsletters !! hehe but its all messed up and wont let me :(

dunk your still here !!! ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    'morning all. Yay Friday!!!! Get 1/2 hour of utter peace and quiet in between Rob out doing the shopping with his carer and Gabrielle coming home from school (then, as I understand it, there will be filming of science experiments with a couple of friends :shock: )

Lucky school kids at Meridian school in London - Jack Sparrow led their assembly!!! Yep... the REAL one!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all. Yay Friday!!!! Get 1/2 hour of utter peace and quiet in between Rob out doing the shopping with his carer and Gabrielle coming home from school (then, as I understand it, there will be filming of science experiments with a couple of friends :shock: )

Lucky school kids at Meridian school in London - Jack Sparrow led their assembly!!! Yep... the REAL one!

As in, Johnny Depp?! :shock:

We have a visitor tonight and then the national wedding show tomorrow... there 8 of us penciled in for traipsing around the NEC in search of dresses, jewellery and general shiny-ness... could be dangerous 8-)

How are Rob and G? Send them our love won't you :mrgreen:

Dunk - I'll start planting the idea of Paddy's Day in Edinburgh in Dave's head... I reckon he might be up for a couple of days away if we've got the money... and I've always desperately wanted to go round the Edinburgh dungeons :D (Ohhhh I could use the trip away as a birthday present :think: )
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    As in Johnny Depp.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11493676

Rob & G doing well.... G not being able to channel/focus creativity! Too many ideas...
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

Rob & G doing well.... G not being able to channel/focus creativity! Too many ideas...

Is it wrong to be jealous of a 9 yr old? :x

Lucky so-n-so :roll: :lol::mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

If I had been there, I would have pushed her out of the way and gotten in for the hug! :mrgreen: New film coming out beginning of December with Depp boy and Jolie.....
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    *sneaks into scary thread*

I am jealous too, can you just imagine what that school was like!!
    More fun for the teachers than the kids in some ways methinks ;)

*sneaks back out of scary thread*
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Not a scary thread!!!! :?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

I think there are quite a few of us who are jealous. It was all over the London news this morning. Apparently stayed in character for the kiddies.
  • Options
    Oh Rita ... my friend's dresses I mentioned are these http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 4894705188 (think you have to log into facebook first and then click on link :? ) ... she put up 40 at midnight and 20 had sold before she went to bed :shock:
  • Options
    Funky lil' dresses Pippa! :D
  • Options
    me soooo mad!!!

every single train from Manchester to Lockerbie in December right up until the 24th is about £8.... the one day that isnt £8 is the 12th December... the one day i need to travel and its £44!!!!!

I've been looking from the day they were released some 3 or 4 weeks ago and that entire day has never had a cheap advance single fare... always £44... so i phone them and the Indian call centre guy tells me that they have "all sold out sir" ... how? how? how can they all be sold out for that one specific day for all 8 trains that day?

"i can assure you sir they have all been sold out"

i dont believe that... so i asked that he provide me with number of tickets sold for that day under the Freedom of Information Act... he didnt even reply... probably cos he lives in Delhi and has no fucking idea what the Freedom of Information Act even is..

fucking Megabus it is then!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    The cheap ones were probably never available. Happened to me once when I was booking Brussels - the morning they went on sale, no cheap ones - and it wasn't even one of those busy days...

Must think about booking tix for Brussels for Christmas time (well, just after X-mas) ... hate to think of the cost!
  • Options
    I got caught with the x-mas and new year ones ... had the e-mail alert set up but it arrived first thing in the morning and I didn't check my e-mails until lunch time that day (ggggrrrr would normally have checked earlyish) ... so of course by the time I checked it was £65 return rather than £24 bboooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    but dont you think its weird that i could travel on any day in December up to the 23rd for just £8... but the one day i NEED to travel its £44!!! :evil:

tres annoyment... tres. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    but dont you think its weird that i could travel on any day in December up to the 23rd for just £8... but the one day i NEED to travel its £44!!! :evil:

Dunk I just checked on http://www.eastcoast.co.uk (I book all my trains through that site) ... and it is showing me £8 unless I'm doing something wrong ... Manc - Lockerbie 12 Dec right? It's showing 1st class for £14.50

Are you after a particular station in Manchester ... 'cause I put 'Manchester stations'
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Dunk I just checked on http://www.eastcoast.co.uk (I book all my trains through that site) ... and it is showing me £8 unless I'm doing something wrong ... Manc - Lockerbie 12 Dec right? It's showing 1st class for £14.50

Are you after a particular station in Manchester ... 'cause I put 'Manchester stations'

its now £8 on nationalrail.com as well... I think my constant moaning has paid dividends! :lol::lol:

thanks Pippa for having a look :) :thumbup:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

its now £8 on nationalrail.com as well... I think my constant moaning has paid dividends! :lol::lol:

thanks Pippa for having a look :) :thumbup:

Going 1st class then ;) (or would that ruin the Scots' reputation) ... one last check before resorting to Megabus was worth it :P
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Going 1st class then ;) (or would that ruin the Scots' reputation) ... one last check before resorting to Megabus was worth it :P

no chance.. thats nearly double the price!!! and last time I went 1st class the buffet cart was not on due to staff shortages .. so i basically paid £14 extra to London to get a seat that had a wee cool light on the table!

I was only going to book Megabus or National Express the day before I was leaving... I knew there was something up with the train site... :lol:
  • Options

Birmingham in March gets my vote...

But nae bother if you cannae, i'm sure the Coventry meet-up in November 2011 will be a grand auld shing-dig ;)8-)
    I'm probably happy to have another Paddys Day party next year if anyone's interested? That's March!

Edit: just read the rest and Paddys day in Edinburgh sounds great... although I've just realised I'll be getting married two weeks after that so nope can do! :? :mrgreen:

Booked our honeymoon to Mexico :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Right, well up for Edinburgh, me and mrs al were planing an anniversary trip the end of feb anyway! Jan is a no go as we'll probably be in LA and paddys day is midweek I think so that's a no go also.
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Are ye lookin forward to yer night out in the big schmoke Alfred?! If yer stuck for somewhere to go, head into Gypsy Rose where the Viper Lounge used to be (along the Quays southside beside the ha'penny).
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jennytree wrote:
    Are ye lookin forward to yer night out in the big schmoke Alfred?! If yer stuck for somewhere to go, head into Gypsy Rose where the Viper Lounge used to be (along the Quays southside beside the ha'penny).

I am and I'm not, the loser of the golf has to wear an horrendous outfit for the night (have I told you I'm pretty shit at golf) so it may temper the night...there was talk of a mankini :shock: :o :?

You hittin up craptown for the gig?
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

I am and I'm not, the loser of the golf has to wear an horrendous outfit for the night (have I told you I'm pretty shit at golf) so it may temper the night...there was talk of a mankini :shock: :o :?

You hittin up craptown for the gig?

Hahahaha... gawd Dunk would LOVE to see you in a mankini!

I'll be in Loud alright, but I'll be heading back to Dublin straight after it, maybe meet up with some folks in a pub somewhere. It'll be a horribly sober Saturday night for me but it's needed!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    'morning. Can't believe I'm up on a Saturday before I have to be up. Must be the nightmares I had about Alphonse running around in a mankini! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I was awake at 8am, but I forced myself to go back to sleep for another hour or two cos I can't be awake that early on a Saturday!

Hope you all have a good weekend! Pip, Sian, Hellsbells... enjoy your wedding stuff 8-)

You can all enjoy a live feed of the Pearl Jem gig tonight from here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pearl-jem-live
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!