Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    Afternoon.

V - We did test some wedding cakes back in July and have already ordered our cake :D The big wedding fair is on 9th October... I'm rather excited about it to say the least :oops: We have another (at the hotel where we're getting married) on 17th October too :D

I haven't even handled a wedding dress yet, let alone tried one on :? :lol:

Rita, applaud G on her cupcakes! they look scrumptious! :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Good morning my dears!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Morning Red!

Let's see if I can last more than an hour in work this time, without nearly getting sick on my boss :lol: Yesterday was a bad day.

Happy Guinness Day everyone. To Martha! 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Guinness Day??? Must celebrate. My (or rather our!) anniversary today... good excuse to down a Guinness or two! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    Yup, tis a big celebration these days. There's bands playing in a few of the cities here (Snow Patrol, Biffy Clyro etc, none of which I'd go see), other pubs will have drinks promotions and in work we get some Guinness and Beef pie... omnomnom!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Ummm never heard of that one!

Did buy a ticket to my first Frames gig today though.

Morning all :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Yeah. I think Linkin Park had to overplay as PJ weren't ready (although Mike was stood side stage watching them) ... they didn't arrive at the venue until we were being let in (hence no wrist bands as PJ staff hadn't arrived with them :shock: ) ... and they didn't sound check ... so think they were delaying while PJs equipment was being set up.

I don't know how near the front of the 10c queue you were but it did feel like we were being kept in a pen after awhile why they waited to be able to give us tickets .... and then PJ staff running back and forwards saying we'll let you in in 10 minutes ... just 20 more minutes ... gates will open in 15 minutes promise :lol:

Didn't like the Polish band, didn't mind Linkin Park ... PJ cutting their set short so they could get to Venice that night :( ... and then seeing what was on the setlist :shock: :shock: :shock:

If they had played the set they had planned to .... don't look if you don't already know/aren't prepared to be hurt http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmgphotos/ ... 500307698/

The poster is probably my favourite though :mrgreen: ... we were staying in Katowice so luckily didn't have travel problems.

I thought the Katowice show was great just a little short. I heard (dunno if its true) that they tried to get an extended curfew for them to play longer but they were refused. We were staying in Krackow and missed the last the train and had to get a taxi back. Cost us every last zloti we had in our pockets. The Polish band (Coma) were bloody awful, Linkin' Park weren't bad just boring. Perfect evening for a show out doors, and yes it is a great poster, much better than it's Munich counterpart.
  • Options
    I thought the Katowice show was great just a little short. I heard (dunno if its true) that they tried to get an extended curfew for them to play longer but they were refused. We were staying in Krackow and missed the last the train and had to get a taxi back. Cost us every last zloti we had in our pockets. The Polish band (Coma) were bloody awful, Linkin' Park weren't bad just boring. Perfect evening for a show out doors, and yes it is a great poster, much better than it's Munich counterpart.

I too enjoyed the show ... just wished I wasn't stood near a guy who was given a setlist so as soon as it finished I could see that Ghost and Alone were on there :shock:

I think for shortness we have to thank whoever planned the tour without looking at a map to see that Munich to Katowice wasn't a short hop and scheduling the dates on consecutive nights wasn't a great plan :lol: ... think it just took too long for all the bands gear and people to arrive :(

Was cool being stood near the guy who had his 100th show ... Ed comes over and asks what song he would like ... he yells Whipping ... Ed can't hear him ... so about 20 of us who did hear all yell Whipping ... Ed still can't hear ... ended up with about 50 of us yelling at Ed :mrgreen:
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    I too enjoyed the show ... just wished I wasn't stood near a guy who was given a setlist so as soon as it finished I could see that Ghost and Alone were on there :shock:

I think for shortness we have to thank whoever planned the tour without looking at a map to see that Munich to Katowice wasn't a short hop and scheduling the dates on consecutive nights wasn't a great plan :lol: ... think it just took too long for all the bands gear and people to arrive :(

Was cool being stood near the guy who had his 100th show ... Ed comes over and asks what song he would like ... he yells Whipping ... Ed can't hear him ... so about 20 of us who did hear all yell Whipping ... Ed still can't hear ... ended up with about 50 of us yelling at Ed :mrgreen:

Man i would have loved Ghost and Release for a opener. Whipping was a good choice, I remember Ed being a little suprised he didn't ask for a slow one. The planning was a little strange but they did it again this year though, Belin and then Gdynia the day after.
  • Options
    The planning was a little strange but they did it again this year though, Belin and then Gdynia the day after.

I think we all learned our lesson after the 14 hour bus trek in '07 though... never try get to/from a PJ show in Poland to another country in under a day :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Yeah. I think Linkin Park had to overplay as PJ weren't ready (although Mike was stood side stage watching them) ... they didn't arrive at the venue until we were being let in (hence no wrist bands as PJ staff hadn't arrived with them :shock: ) ... and they didn't sound check ... so think they were delaying while PJs equipment was being set up.

I don't know how near the front of the 10c queue you were but it did feel like we were being kept in a pen after awhile why they waited to be able to give us tickets .... and then PJ staff running back and forwards saying we'll let you in in 10 minutes ... just 20 more minutes ... gates will open in 15 minutes promise :lol:

Didn't like the Polish band, didn't mind Linkin Park ... PJ cutting their set short so they could get to Venice that night :( ... and then seeing what was on the setlist :shock: :shock: :shock:

If they had played the set they had planned to .... don't look if you don't already know/aren't prepared to be hurt http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmgphotos/ ... 500307698/

The poster is probably my favourite though :mrgreen: ... we were staying in Katowice so luckily didn't have travel problems.

that about sums up that day :lol::lol:

i made the last train back, had no ticket for it, stood all the way after standing all day, and was woken a few hours later by a group of loud inconsiderate people i call friends :lol::lol: when they arrived back 2 hours after i did
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    chime wrote:
    Oh Thierry just noticed in your sig you were at Katowice too! Where were you in that mental crowd??

I was front row in front of Stone :shock: ... near the guy who requested Whipping for his 100th show ... but I survived ... very bruised and with PJ's security asking me several times if I was ok :P

At least someone had your back ;)

Who was that again? :think:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    ps: I see Eddie did the decent thing today ;)

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/23 ... s-in-oahu/

now back to work!! new album and tour please :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Heard Cornell on Zane Lowe the other day and he said next step is for Soundgarden to go into the studio so that may delay new pj ... but mean new Soundgarden :shock: ... he also said they were considering offers re gigs ... and that he would love to play the UK :mrgreen:

How things with you and all the family??
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Heard Cornell on Zane Lowe the other day and he said next step is for Soundgarden to go into the studio so that may delay new pj ... but mean new Soundgarden :shock: ... he also said they were considering offers re gigs ... and that he would love to play the UK :mrgreen:

How things with you and all the family??

Nice...

oh pretty mixed to be honest... big, huge fall out with David Jr, not on speaking terms right now, Sam away at Leeds, things settling down here a little now though, Martha getting back into routine and had 2 good days on the bounce and best night for weeks last night, bed for 7.45, bottle at 2.30 and through to 7.15 8-). Plans on hold for wedding etc whilst we work through a few things... nice and quiet and straight forward as usual... :wtf:

How's you?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Don't like the easy life do you? ;) ... hope Sam is enjoying his course ... and good news about the sleeping ... hope it continues! David still planning to go off to S. America? Hope you guys sort things out soon :(

Nothing much changes here.
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Don't like the easy life do you? ;) ... hope Sam is enjoying his course ... and good news about the sleeping ... hope it continues! David still planning to go off to S. America? Hope you guys sort things out soon :(

Nothing much changes here.

Actually I do it just doesn't like me :(

Sam only started "lessons" last week, seems to be loving it, yes David still planning on Brazil and the ball is in his court so watch this space...

Any decent gigs lined up?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Hey Dave! Bummer about Jr. - hope you guys straighten things out between you.

Yay! Routine and sleep!
  • Options
    TGIF!

'morning all.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    morning Rita... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sian, I know I still have to find the time to go to the post office to send off your VS but in the meantime, and since I have to make this trip to the post office, does anyone want a white fixer 7"?
  • Options
    I already have that one thank you lovely. When you find that Benaroya that slipped down behind the bookcase give me a call ;)
  • Options
    I wish I had that one Pippa!
  • Options
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:

you told us that earlier.

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    redrock wrote:

;)
    :mrgreen: Hi Dunk!
  • Options
    Afternoon! :wave:

Eurgh... I don't feel like i've stopped for weeks... :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    redrock wrote:

;)
    :mrgreen: Hi Dunk!

hi Rita :wave:

@ Sian - i feel your pain old friend... i too am aching on a holiday... 2 more weeks of work and then its a week of for me to look after the kids... although they don't take much looking after these days to be fair :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    @ Sian - i feel your pain old friend... i too am aching on a holiday... 2 more weeks of work and then its a week of for me to look after the kids... although they don't take much looking after these days to be fair :)

A week off would be lovely... I don't have any holiday now until next year :(

and less of the 'old' :P

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hey dudarinos :D

Well its friday :lol: makes me very happy.

Dave...chin up old chap ;)

Everyone else....."we're havin a gang bang, we're havin a ball, we're havin a gang bang...against the wall" :lol:

That song still makes me laugh :oops: :lol:;)
    I need a coffee!