Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hey all, hope everyone still on tour is having a great time. Was brilliant seeing you all... but way too briefly :oops: ah well... more time next time eh?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    :wave:

Hey all! Was awesome seeing you all again (and some for the first time eh Pat? :lol: )

As you all know, an awesome time was had by my future hubby and I, and I would just like to thank you all for making it so feckin' awesome :mrgreen:

Muchos, MUCHOS love to you all!! :mrgreen: xxxxxxxxx
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just read this and thought others might like to ...

http://www.pearljam.com/news/roskilde-t ... t-darkness
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    chime wrote:
    Just read this and thought others might like to ...

http://www.pearljam.com/news/roskilde-t ... t-darkness

Thanks chime ..
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060

Hey all! Was awesome seeing you all again (and some for the first time eh Pat? :lol: )

ha ha! you've just reminded me of one of my favourite moments from my little 3-show tour... in the Green Room bar in Dublin pre-show... a conversation went something like

SotD: "Who's that bloke standing right behind you?"
    jrd (looks behind): "Oh, that's Thierry Henry."
    SotD (blank look of total incomprehension): "No it's not! Who is it ?"
    jrd: "It's Thierry Henry... you know... Pat..."
    SotD (penny drops): "Ohhhhh! From the board...! I thought you were trying to bullshit me that that really was Thierry Henry!"

:lol:

well, it amused me... 8-)

...but you might have had to be there... :roll:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    actually that reads very funny indeed. :lol::lol:

8 minutes left of work and then 2 weeks and 2 days off work!! woohoo
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    actually that reads very funny indeed. :lol::lol:

8 minutes left of work and then 2 weeks and 2 days off work!! woohoo

have a good holiday, yer git ;)
    wish i was going on holiday... but nothing between now and August 21st *sigh* :(
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

ha ha! you've just reminded me of one of my favourite moments from my little 3-show tour... in the Green Room bar in Dublin pre-show... a conversation went something like

SotD (penny drops): "Ohhhhh! From the board...! I thought you were trying to bullshit me that that really was Thierry Henry!"

I'm not known for my intelligence :oops:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options

I'm not known for my intelligence :oops:

:D

but it *was* funny... ;)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    G went for an interview at her first choice of college this morning. The lady started the interview with: 'I'm not going to say IF you study at Strodes, but WHEN you will as we are offering you a guaranteed place and I have already put your name down for the subjects of your choice.' Apparently she is 'a catch for any college'. Which is quite cool because normally they don't make the offers for another few months. Guess they don't want a potential straight A* student to go elsewhere as they think she may be good for their future league tables! She is now strutting her stuff all over the place thinking she is miss marvelous. I'm actually quite proud of her. :oops:

Dunk... have a fantastic two weeks (and two days!) off!!!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Got the email JRD thanks ;)

sian statements like that make me love ya even more :lol:

congrats to G ;) thank god she got robs intelligence ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

congrats to G ;) thank god she got robs intelligence ;)
    :mrgreen: and his stubbornness. But my procrastination and love of shoes! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    jrd wrote:

I do kind of look like him alright :crazy:
    Ha ha.

I had met a few from here already but was good to meet Sian & Dave & Pip this time.
    Hope to meet ye again at a future show.

Maybe Dunk might meet us this time ;) and handsome John too!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    mateymate wrote:
    You let me down Dunk. Was looking forward to meeting up.
    My phone broke in Dublin so didn't have your no.

Luckily bumped into Jen and then we found everyone. Great night. Great people!

Good talking to you on the train, hope you enjoyed Belfast :thumbup:

Had a great night at Belfast. Was looking around for you alright but no sign of ya.
    Next time!! :D

Good to meet you too.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

I do kind of look like him alright :crazy:
    Ha ha.

I had met a few from here already but was good to meet Sian & Dave & Pip this time.
    Hope to meet ye again at a future show.

Maybe Dunk might meet us this time ;) and handsome John too!

Was great meeting you to Pat!! :D I did think you looked a little like Mr Henry... ;)

• Options
    Yeah good to meet you Pat :mrgreen: ... t'was a very fun evening :)
  • Options
    Pip!! have you seen my (engagement) ring?! :D

Had to put the (engagement) in there as god knows how that could've been read in this place :roll: :lol:

• Options

Had to put the (engagement) in there as god knows how that could've been read in this place :roll: :lol:

I have! I commented on one of the pics before you changed your profile pic! Tis lovely ... and fits! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    chime wrote:

I have! I commented on one of the pics before you changed your profile pic! Tis lovely ... and fits! :mrgreen:

He's good isn't he? 8-)

Fancy helping me wedding shoe shop? I fancy coming to London for the day for it... Hopefully Lara will be up for it too :D

• Options
    chime wrote:

He's good isn't he? 8-)

Fancy helping me wedding shoe shop? I fancy coming to London for the day for it... Hopefully Lara will be up for it too :D

I think I can manage some shoe shopping ;)
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    chime wrote:

He's good isn't he? 8-)

Good girl ;)

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Hoo boy, it's strange to be back home. :shock: Lovely seeing miss Kitty again though. :)

Also, I can't believe it's July already. The fella shall be moving out here soon enough. :shock: 8-):mrgreen:

redrock wrote:
    G went for an interview at her first choice of college this morning. The lady started the interview with: 'I'm not going to say IF you study at Strodes, but WHEN you will as we are offering you a guaranteed place and I have already put your name down for the subjects of your choice.' Apparently she is 'a catch for any college'. Which is quite cool because normally they don't make the offers for another few months. Guess they don't want a potential straight A* student to go elsewhere as they think she may be good for their future league tables! She is now strutting her stuff all over the place thinking she is miss marvelous. I'm actually quite proud of her. :oops:

As you should be! :D That's excellent news. You've done well with her, young Rita. 8-):lol::mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Bet Miss Kitty was happy to have you back too, Emmi! The fella moving to Finland... 8-)
    Emmi - G's done well with herself, I'm just there to nag!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Bet Miss Kitty was happy to have you back too, Emmi! The fella moving to Finland... 8-)
    Emmi - G's done well with herself, I'm just there to nag!

From the instant purring and now constant walking about and nuzzling of my hands and arms and feet (and face), I'd say she's somewhat glad that I'm back. :lol:

I can't believe we're gonna be living in the same country. :lol: Granted, he's gonna be super busy with his PhD. But hopefully I'll be busy with school myself. :think:

Also, the nagging is important! ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ooOOoo congrats to G and well done Rita on producing a model student ! hehe :mrgreen:

emmi what?? explain the fella phd thing plz, I feel i'm missing out on your life :D

Dunk happy hols, like i said do a bit of belly wobbling for me while your there.

~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    ooOOoo congrats to G and well done Rita on producing a model student ! hehe :mrgreen:

emmi what?? explain the fella phd thing plz, I feel i'm missing out on your life :D

Dunk happy hols, like i said do a bit of belly wobbling for me while your there.

I have mentioned it here before, lovely V. :lol: Seems like I've been right about people ignoring my posts. ;) Anyways, my lovely man is moving to Finland (in the matter of weeks) to do a PhD in the Helsinki University. (Biology stuffs, something to do with bacteria, I think. :? :mrgreen: ) So we'll be living in the same country - woo! And I've applied to a school in Mikkeli, so I might be moving there. :think:
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    chime wrote:
    chime wrote:

He's good isn't he? 8-)

Ooooohh... can I come too? I love shoes... off to Italy next week and bringing some extra cash just in case there happen to be shoe shops :mrgreen:

I've seen your ring Sian :mrgreen: it's very very pretty indeed!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Ooooohh... can I come too? I love shoes... off to Italy next week and bringing some extra cash just in case there happen to be shoe shops :mrgreen: !

Don't we all! Well.... at least us girlies! :mrgreen:

Shoes in Italy will be pricey. Nice but expensive!

Went to book my driving test... first available slot is end of October!!!! :shock: :o :shock:
  • Options
    Sian has such a beautiful ring :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Oh and cdwow cancelled my amongst the waves vinyl order....anyone have a spare?
    I need a coffee!