Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    wooo hoooo

2 irish gigs in 2 nights

i have serious pearl jam comedown syndrome...

no more shows for me i'm afraid!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Hello all.

I have a standing ticket for TCV at Brixton, 5th July that I can't use. Anyone interested? Face + fees = £35.75!

popular ticket, eh ? :D;)

Sold out quickly. Everyone is away, that's why it hasn't been grabbed up!

There's a guy here sorting out the parquet before we get it sanded down. The tar kind of stuff he is using to glue the bits of wood down sure does stink. Smells like 100 cats have been having a wee fest in my living room!
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Is anyone here going to Werchter?
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    alright troops.. so nice to meet and see y'all again. 8-)8-)

we had a great time, but it would have been nice to meet up with you all at the show... I've seen some pics and you all seemed to end up together at the left hand side of the stage... we were very far right!

Donald fell asleep... he went off to the back of the field for a snooze until some girl woke him up near the end in case he got trampled.

he can't handle more than 3 pints of an afternoon!

other than that... until next year!!?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:

we had a great time, but it would have been nice to meet up with you all at the show... I've seen some pics and you all seemed to end up together at the left hand side of the stage... we were very far right!

You mean us? We parked ourselves by one of the pathways behind the big screen and then just grabbed people we recognised when they walked near us :mrgreen: ... my phone didn't seem to work in there :oops: ... when I left I had about 10 texts arrive all at once :?

Didn't find Dave or Rita either :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

You mean us? We parked ourselves by one of the pathways behind the big screen and then just grabbed people we recognised when they walked near us :mrgreen: ... my phone didn't seem to work in there :oops: ... when I left I had about 10 texts arrive all at once :?

Didn't find Dave or Rita either :(

yeah you guys.. :lol::lol:

looks like y'all had a blast!

i spent about 15 minutes on my phone to Donald describing a scaffolding tower near the burger stall... all to no avail due to him being a) stupid and b) stupid. Ok he was drunk as well, but jeebus... there only was one big scaffolding on the right hand side of the stage near a burger stall!!!

I never saw anyone.. although me and jill stood in a decent spot and just enjoyed ourselves. :mrgreen:

spent the whole of next day walking around London... it was awesomeness encapsulated and made me fall back in love with Londinium.... it's an amazing city.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I called you at midnight and you were snoozing... I am disappointed Dunkleton!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I called you at midnight and you were snoozing... I am disappointed Dunkleton!

i know :oops: :oops:

had wifey with me so i tend to be more behaved than normal. :thumbup:
  • Options
    :oops: Did she hear me insisting we needed to snuggle?! :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    -Buru- wrote:

Hi Marina. I'm not but I really wish I were.... what a line up! And we could have a drink or two together......

Maybe next year.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    :oops: Did she hear me insisting we needed to snuggle?! :lol:

:lol::lol:

i was shattered though! I'd been up all night the night before at a pub in Birmingham singing the German national anthem and getting weird green paint on my clothes... standard night out kinda thing. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    You let me down Dunk. Was looking forward to meeting up.
    My phone broke in Dublin so didn't have your no.

Luckily bumped into Jen and then we found everyone. Great night. Great people!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    redrock wrote:
    -Buru- wrote:

Hi Marina. I'm not but I really wish I were.... what a line up! And we could have a drink or two together......

Maybe next year.

Yes, I would have loved that. I hope I bump into people I know there.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    I'm sure there will be Marina.

On another note: I still have the TCV ticket available. I know everyone is away, but still......
  • Options
    mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    You let me down Dunk. Was looking forward to meeting up.
    My phone broke in Dublin so didn't have your no.

Luckily bumped into Jen and then we found everyone. Great night. Great people!

Good talking to you on the train, hope you enjoyed Belfast :thumbup:
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I've just downloaded a 'new' version of last year's Shepherd's Bush gig, a re-mixed combination made from two audience recordings and two radio broadcasts. sounds bloody excellent :D

annoying thing is that someone's decided to call the bootleg "You're A Fuckin Legend" :lol: :roll:

Al, don't see this as encouragement... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Sounds good :mrgreen: I've lost my O2 dvd :( ... I spent a day turning my place upside down looking for it to realise I'd left it somewhere :oops:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    I've just downloaded a 'new' version of last year's Shepherd's Bush gig, a re-mixed combination made from two audience recordings and two radio broadcasts. sounds bloody excellent :D

annoying thing is that someone's decided to call the bootleg "You're A Fuckin Legend" :lol: :roll:

from where?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:

from where?

from the traders den
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    also found a boot of the Dublin show at jam river ;):D

think you need to set up an account at both the traders den and jam river... :roll:
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    jrd wrote:

Seriously?? Fookin 8-)

Mrs Al turned round to me the other day and said..."YOU HAVE GOT TO GET SOMETHING ELSE IN YOUR CAR BAR 6 LIVE PJ CDs!"

I'm a fuckin legend :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    That new video is pretty boring IMO :oops:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    jrd wrote:

Seriously?? Fookin 8-)

it's on the artwork... :roll:
  • Options
    'morning all. Looks like Berlin was great (even better for some!). Dave, Sian.... :D xxxx
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all. Looks like Berlin was great (even better for some!). Dave, Sian.... :D xxxx
    Absolutely :D

congrats you two ;)

JRD can you email me the artwork??
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Hello :)
    how was it all got the songs u wanted ? Did 10c have it's own area like b4 in Dublin?? Tell me tell me

Glasto was fab in the sun, very hard being back I can feel the gypsy in me wanting to hit the rd leave the house behind!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    ....I can feel the gypsy in me wanting to hit the rd leave the house behind!!

Do you want a 'road companion'??? :mrgreen:

No special pit in Dublin (or anywhere else!). I had a ball. I still didn't get to hear any of the songs I REALLY want to hear live. Maybe next year!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

done.
    let me know if you got them OK or not. can always post them on a website if necessary...
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Irish Al wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Absolutely :D

congrats you two ;)

I guessed correctly then ;) congrats to you both :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Berlin was epic - hands down the best of the tour so far and one of the finest for me!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!