Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    WOW... just watched the match in a room full of racists... never heard the n******** or w** words used in all seriousness before... am a little bit shaken. Gona watch the rest of the footie at home I think :oops:

Oh eek :?

Are you ok? That can't have been nice... but don't let it put you off watching the footy in a pub... maybe next time pick a more family orientated place?

I've worked in a pub when the world cup's been on before, you do learn to tune out the small-minded bigoted twats... not that you should have to...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    WOW... just watched the match in a room full of racists... never heard the n******** or w** words used in all seriousness before... am a little bit shaken. Gona watch the rest of the footie at home I think :oops:

Oh eek :?

Are you ok? That can't have been nice... but don't let it put you off watching the footy in a pub... maybe next time pick a more family orientated place?

I've worked in a pub when the world cup's been on before, you do learn to tune out the small-minded bigoted twats... not that you should have to...
    I watched it in a house with 'some' friends and some others... it was the others. I can't and won't tune them out... I really don't wanna watch it with anyone again, unless it's just Simon :oops: I've really never been in a situation like that before.. I said my pieces but it was still very very very strange and not a situation I'm ever gonna place myself in again :( . I was even planning on supporting England a little bit tonight.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Thank the heavens above there is still F1 to watch amongst all this footy.

Sian... She is lovely. Gabrielle went to her place first, so she knew they got along. She does like cats but........ she is allergic (a slight allergy)! Besides the flags which still surprise her, she is getting on with 'english' things. Had a cream tea yesterday (which she loved!) and a full english breakfast this morning (which was a bit more difficult for her!) Today they are off with another friend and her frenchy to Kew Gardens then the carnival (part of the week-long) Twickenham festival.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    well yesterday was still a great sporting day even without the footie... two rugby matches and the F1 :D . I just love sport really... love weekends like this!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Sasha16Sasha16 Posts: 10
    Me & my partner land in Dublin on Monday ... if there is a fan club meet could we have details please as we would love to come along :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    'morning all! Last full week before the fun begins!! yahoo1st.gif (nicked this smiley from another thread!)

Sasha - there is a meet up but I'm not too sure which thread the details are on. You can try the Dublin 2010 thread maybe? Or someone here will be able to tell you a bit later!
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    Sasha16Sasha16 Posts: 10
    thank you :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all! Last full week before the fun begins!! yahoo1st.gif (nicked this smiley from another thread!)

Sasha - there is a meet up but I'm not too sure which thread the details are on. You can try the Dublin 2010 thread maybe? Or someone here will be able to tell you a bit later!
    morning Rita

yahoo1st.gif
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Morning all! :wave:

I have only 4 days left at work including today, we got our Euros yesterday and starting sorting stuff out... only a week to go... holy shit balls :mrgreen:yahoo1st.gif
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Mad stuff, starting to panic now!

Got a call from my doctor to say I'm "normal"... had a few tests done an' all that, so tis good news for me! 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Morning all! :wave:

I have only 4 days left at work including today, we got our Euros yesterday and starting sorting stuff out... only a week to go... holy shit balls :mrgreen:yahoo1st.gif
    im on vacation already!!!i finnish packing,and just need to buy some stuff..wwooohhhooohhhooo :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Got a call from my doctor to say I'm "normal"...
    :roll: normal.... :roll: Little does he know!

Good to know you are well though.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Hope youre ok jenny girl.

Im officially excited. Not long now.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    yay great news Jenny and lovely to see the PJ pre tour rush is starting ! :D
    I'm looking forward to glasto being out in the tipi, drinking pimms at 4pm no school run etc... hahaha :lol:
    but have a lil sadness at the back of it all ~ oh well XXXXXXXXXX
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V, we'll all think of you! :D xx

Glad you're ok Jenny :thumbup:

I just set up my phone for EU roaming... I'm doing some packing when I get home at 3pm... it's all getting a bit scary :shock:

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    STP have NOT lost an ounce of fuckin rocktastic class ;)

Superb gig!

Dave hope you decided to go!

Jen glad youre not up the duff...phewww :D

v gonna miss ya baby ;)

sian...nerd.....that why we loves ya ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Aaarrrggghhhh.... I had the option of a tix for STP tomorrow... I can't make it......

'morning all. Running a bit late. Talk later!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Jen glad youre not up the duff...phewww :D

:sick::sick:

Morning all!

Had a strange evening, and felt like I got about 3 minutes sleep! Tonight, I WILL go to bed early!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    morning guys .... 7 days ....

a small help needed.

whats the best way to get from the dublin airport to Wellington Quay on that Tuesday afternoon pls?

bus? cab? train? price?

tks vm for help.
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    alesek wrote:

a small help needed.

whats the best way to get from the dublin airport to Wellington Quay on that Tuesday afternoon pls?

bus? cab? train? price?

tks vm for help.

Get the 748 bus from Dublin Airport to Heuston (costs €6), the bus will stop beside there on Eden Quay (the driver will be able to help you out if you're totally lost). When you get off the bus, walk along the river the same way the bus is going, you'll get to Wellington Quay in a few footsteps :) If there's more than 3/4 of you, it'll cost the same to just get a taxi.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Jennytree wrote:
    alesek wrote:

a small help needed.

bus? cab? train? price?

tks vm for help.

Get the 748 bus from Dublin Airport to Heuston (costs €6), the bus will stop beside there on Eden Quay (the driver will be able to help you out if you're totally lost). When you get off the bus, walk along the river the same way the bus is going, you'll get to Wellington Quay in a few footsteps :) If there's more than 3/4 of you, it'll cost the same to just get a taxi.

Tks Jenny!

how long does it cca take? we are due to land around 3pm .... 5pm hotel possible? need to arrange few meet ups.... time for guiness!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    alesek wrote:
    Tks Jenny!

how long does it cca take? we are due to land around 3pm .... 5pm hotel possible? need to arrange few meet ups.... time for guiness!

Absolutely! It'd take about an hour at most I reckon!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Aaarrrggghhhh.... I had the option of a tix for STP tomorrow... I can't make it......

'morning all. Running a bit late. Talk later!

04:47 and you're "Running a bit late" ! :shock:

;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Sian , Al thank U's lovelys

STP's damn shld have seen em at download but didnt go ! oh well, sun is shining still lets hope all is DRY for PJ & Glasto

headless and chicken are the words for today hehehe XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I loves ya all XXXXXXX :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    NOT happy about the post regarding the burning of the American flag :evil:

• Options

It's pathetic - he's trying to hate the English as much as Irish people do. That's never gonna happen :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838

So Sian was it you that reported the thread so it was locked?? ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Jenny, the facebook group isn't working. What's wrong?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options

... yes it is! I just logged on using the link in my sig. I think you need to be logged in to view it though, I cannae change that!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Jennytree wrote:

... yes it is! I just logged on using the link in my sig. I think you need to be logged in to view it though, I cannae change that!
    hmmm, must be just me then.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me