Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    OK, i know you're all out there, come on and admit it, you're watching the curling now aren't you ?

Dunk ? it's all your lot (sorry OUR lot) after all...

it's hammer time (curling joke there)

:ugeek:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Is this the biggest thread on the board yet? :P
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hi B! I'm sure it is.

Curling....... hmmmmm..... Quite a funny thing.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    woooooo some aussie chick just wend down a hill on a few bits of wood, spun around in the air for a bit, landed and won a golden piece of shiney metal stuff! :lol:
    skilful for sure, but the way those swedish women sweep the ice in the curling :crazy: :thumbup: that is amazing :lol:

so, how long till this dublin thing happens again? 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    So Ireland came 17th in the bobsleigh event - beating the Aussies who tried to get us kicked out! Hurrah!

117 sleeps 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Jennytree wrote:
    So Ireland came 17th in the bobsleigh event - beating the Aussies who tried to get us kicked out! Hurrah!

117 sleeps 8-)

we did not try and get you kicked out, we mearly stated the rules that stated that a representitive from each continent be present

it is not as if aussie can bobsleigh anyway! we came last or something did we? one of our mens teams crashed on turn 2 or something... still injured from that which means our 4's are out! mad crazy sport!!!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Jennytree wrote:
    117 sleeps 8-)
    :D

How many sleeps until Rage?

I'm in one of 'those moods' today. Maybe I should spend time on the Moving Train!!!! :mrgreen:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jrd wrote:
    OK, i know you're all out there, come on and admit it, you're watching the curling now aren't you ?

Dunk ? it's all your lot (sorry OUR lot) after all...

it's hammer time (curling joke there)

:ugeek:

quite why they are called team GB i dinnae ken... all of them are from about 30 mile radius of here!! :lol:

But they were pretty poor overall i think... the ladies team were not as good as we'd hoped either. :( although the skip of that team was kinda saucy. :P
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    To hell with rage...how many sleeps til STP in the fookin Olympia baby!!!!!!!

I am so bloody happy but it's gonna be a nightmare tryin to get tix for that one. STP are right up there with pj for live performance...seen them twice and was blown away both times...Jesus there gig in the SFX in Dublin in 94 was possibly THE greatest gig I was at in the 90s and I was at a shitful of gigs in the 90s!
    I need a coffee!
  • redrock wrote:
    I'm in one of 'those moods' today. Maybe I should spend time on the Moving Train!!!! :mrgreen:

Same here.

Morning all.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    redrock wrote:

Same here.

I'm already taking my aggression out ;):mrgreen: Though I think a pair of new shoes would calm us both right down!
    we did not try and get you kicked out, we mearly stated the rules that stated that a representitive from each continent be present

it is not as if aussie can bobsleigh anyway! we came last or something did we? one of our mens teams crashed on turn 2 or something... still injured from that which means our 4's are out! mad crazy sport!!!!

You came 19th I think, a German team came last (now, they really have no excuse!)

Irish Al wrote:
    To hell with rage...how many sleeps til STP in the fookin Olympia baby!!!!!!!

I am so bloody happy but it's gonna be a nightmare tryin to get tix for that one. STP are right up there with pj for live performance...seen them twice and was blown away both times...Jesus there gig in the SFX in Dublin in 94 was possibly THE greatest gig I was at in the 90s and I was at a shitful of gigs in the 90s!

I don't know any STP songs :oops: Did you get to see AiC in the SFX all those years ago?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    redrock wrote:
    :D

How many sleeps until Rage?

101 :mrgreen:

Be good, Red, we dunnae wanna have to set up "Free the Redrock 1", now do we?!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    I don't know any STP songs :oops: Did you get to see AiC in the SFX all those years ago?

i can't even think what 'STP' stands for, is it another one of those modern-beat combos ? :oops: :oops: :oops:

all i can think of is 'Solar and Terrestrial Physics' which i don't think is a very catchy name for a band...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    dunkman wrote:
    But they were pretty poor overall i think... the ladies team were not as good as we'd hoped either. :(

and i sat there until 01:30 just to watch them lose to the Swedes... depressing. as in depressing i'm so sad as to be watching it at that time... :shock:
    although the skip of that team was kinda saucy. :P

*rubs thighs in a Vic Reeves stylee (again)*
  • redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Same here.

I'm already taking my aggression out ;):mrgreen: Though I think a pair of new shoes would calm us both right down!
    Aggression? I see no aggression in anything you've posted! (damn you're good 8-) ) Ohhhhh definately new shoes! Remember, shoe love is true love ;):mrgreen:
    Jennytree wrote:

101 :mrgreen:

Be good, Red, we dunnae wanna have to set up "Free the Redrock 1", now do we?!
    There's no danger of that, we're both a little too tactful... ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

i.e. smarter than Americans?! :twisted:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:

i.e. smarter than Americans?! :twisted:

Other side of the planet today ;):lol:

Anyhoo... Jenny, are you over for the hush hush birthday celebration in March?

I am not, I'm still traumatised after the last visit :?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:

Huh?! :shock:

That was MY birthday! :cry:

Jennytree wrote:

Huh?! :shock:

That was MY birthday! :cry:

I kid, I kid :lol:

Although, you didn't have to carry Helen to the train station :shock:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:

:shock: :o Jen I cant believe you have missed the boat on STONE TEMPLE PILOTS (jrd ;) )...they were critisised for being PJ rip offs but were superb in their own right and made some of the best music of the 90s. The also did, IMHO, the best unplugged out there...shame it was never released on dvd (that I know of!).
    If you get tix for them you will not be disappointed...let me see if I can find some vids for ya....

Plush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIP1hTFb ... re=related
    This song is the reason that Scott was seen as an Ed rip off

Wicked Garden (dont know what the deal is with this intro, its not part of the song!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4keORqzoFWQ
    This was my ringtone for years...is still my favourite STP tune

Sex Type Thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sHY0kJG_KE
    This got me into them!!

Interstate Love Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwaiYWOin_M

and last but not least Sour Girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZbAbd_cJ0
    (Yes that is Sarah Michelle Geller)

EDIT: No I didnt get to AIC in the SFX, couldnt get me hands on a ticket..I can still remember sulking round the house at home and me ma telling me to cop the fuck on, I'd get a chance to see them some other time...oh how wrong she was :evil:
    I need a coffee!
  • I don't know any STP either... :?

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I shall be getting STP tickets for Brixton ... turning into a busy gig month in June :mrgreen: ... couldn't find any on sale info last night :? ... presumably it will be tomorrow

Will be my first time seeing them after years of listening :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    I don't know any STP either... :?

Ah you youngsters :roll: :lol:
    chime wrote:
    I shall be getting STP tickets for Brixton ... turning into a busy gig month in June :mrgreen: ... couldn't find any on sale info last night :? ... presumably it will be tomorrow

Will be my first time seeing them after years of listening :D

I really hope to get Dublin tix...I'm as excited about this as I am about PJ. I saw them in 94 and then me and the lil bro did a road trip to see them in Nottingham Rock City in 01...thats was a mental gig, the crowd were fookin crazy, the band were gonna walk off after about 5 songs.....ah memories!!
    I need a coffee!
    No doubt Dunk hates them :lol:

Where did we get him from??????
    I need a coffee!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Brixton holds 5000 so hopefully shouldn't be a problem getting tickets. AiC didn't sell out Brixton until the night of the gig so don't think STP will be an instant sell out :? :oops: :shock:

p.s. are you saying I'm old?? :evil:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:

you would be correct! :lol::lol:

any music that has the bands name as a 3 word saying are normally shite... its a rule of mine.

Stone Temple Pilots
    Alice in Chains
    The Simply Red

see?

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    chime wrote:
    p.s. are you saying I'm old?? :evil:

Yep :lol:
    dunkman wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

any music that has the bands name as a 3 word saying are normally shite... its a rule of mine.

Stone Temple Pilots
    Alice in Chains
    The Simply Red

see?

;)

:twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • dunkman wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

Stone Temple Pilots
    Alice in Chains
    The Simply Red

see?

;)

The White Stripes?