Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Right have a shitty nappy to change as the other two ladies are in bed...al the martyr to the rescue :)
    I need a coffee!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Irish Al wrote:
    Haha all this parent talk...my old man has seen pj 3 times live and I got the distinct impression he was a little put out that I didn't sort him out with a ticket 4 June :lol:

eldest daughter was 4 yesterday...can't believe it...they grow up so fast! Found out during the week she got accepted into the local Irish speaking school which is fantastic news as I can't speak fuck all :0

;)

Ooh! Happy birthday to the lovely A-M! :mrgreen: And congratulations on being accepted to the school, very nice news. :D

Back in work, feels like I only just left. Which was in fact around 11.30 last night. :P Oh well, Sunday = extra monies. :twisted: :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    sunday night already :roll: where did the weekend go :(
    ah well, good things to look forward to :) I am seeing Faith No More tomorrow night :D just have to survive the day at work before hand :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Ah so Al's kids are gonna have their own 'secret' language :P :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Al, why would you put your kids through the torture of learning Irish?! :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I love booking trips - just booked my week in Ireland

Day 1 - night flight to Dublin
    Day 2 - arrive in Dublin
    Day 3 - bus to Galway
    Day 4 - ferry and spend night in Inighmore
    Day 5 - night bus back to Dublin
    Day 6 - PJ Dublin!
    Day 7 - PJ in Belfast!

Other random things I have listed - Cliffs of Moher, Salthill, Connemara, and backpackerpubcrawl

Can't wait for the shows!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    looks good, but youwill miss the night before pre party to end all pre parties!!!!
    if you heard or saw anything of the manchester 09 or the london 07 parties, they cannot be missed!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    .., but youwill miss the night before pre party to end all pre parties!!!!
    So will I :(

Modem problems... can't connect to internet. So using my neighbour's wireless!!! (He gave me permission and password). Maybe I can just go on using his and save a bit of money!
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I love booking trips - just booked my week in Ireland

Day 1 - night flight to Dublin
    Day 2 - arrive in Dublin
    Day 3 - bus to Galway
    Day 4 - ferry and spend night in Inighmore
    Day 5 - night bus back to Dublin
    Day 6 - PJ Dublin!
    Day 7 - PJ in Belfast!

Other random things I have listed - Cliffs of Moher, Salthill, Connemara, and backpackerpubcrawl

Can't wait for the shows!

Should be Inishmore? You should hire a car, it'd make things much easier for you to get around!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Should be Inishmore? You should hire a car, it'd make things much easier for you to get around!

Ahh you're right...just a typing mistake. Ran into an Irish guy here in Toronto recently and he recommended the same thing about hiring someone to drive us around. Great idea - I'll keep that in mind.
    looks good, but youwill miss the night before pre party to end all pre parties!!!!
    if you heard or saw anything of the manchester 09 or the london 07 parties, they cannot be missed!

I'll be back on Monday..havent read anywhere about any decent parties though...keep me in the loop and maybe we'll see you there. :)
    Well the "proper" way is Inis Mór, but let's not get technical ;) You should drive yourself around though. There are some lovely rural parts of Ireland that no bus tour can bring you on.

You can find info on the pre-party in Dublin here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1168254746. No venue decided yet cos I haven't a notion where to put 80+ people yet :roll: :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Western Mayo is just amazing - no better place than to drive around from Westport up to Achill Island
    Antrim Coast from Belfast to Gianst Causeway is also a helluva drive :D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    I thought about renting a car, but since we'll be in Inis Mor right in in the middle of the trip it might be easiest just to take a ferry w/o a car over.

80+ ppl - wow! If that many ppl will show up on Monday that'll hard core. If it starts at 8pm add 2 more - we'll be there.
    Good Morning all. Hope you have a good day.
    You too, Red.

I'm in a different office this week in town... it's so bloody quiet :?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Morning, morning... :mrgreen:

Are you well, ladies?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Morning, morning... :mrgreen:

Are you well, ladies?

I am getting a cold bug but seeing you all perked up made me feel better :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    I'm quite the sleepyface today. Payday is on Thursday - have lots to do and all my wages to spend on bills :x

But on the bright side, I might be able to start booking flights. I'm hopefully heading over to London in May, then RATM, then Pearl Jammy goodness... such a traumatic life I lead... 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    I've got to think about booking Dublin flights some time soon....
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i'm full of snot still thanks Sian, wonder if chime is too ??

but I need to kick my own butt and put the Berlin training in place so *deep breath* off to do 40 mins yoga 40 mins strength training and drilling 1 hr choreo !!! :mrgreen::o:mrgreen:

hows u ?? *makes jen and red a coffee*
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    One sugar and a bit of milk, please V.

ooOOoo... you are keeping yourself in shape! Going to shame us all in June!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    morning all (just!)

*yawn*

went to York for the weekend. cold, but had a nice time. woke up Sunday to find about 6 inches of snow everywhere! built 3 massive snowmen, then packed the car and set off for home. made it about 5 yards because the engine wouldn't start. flat battery? no. jump start? no. RAC ? yes. car totally fucking screwed ? yes. the nice RAC man said things involving words like cam belt, dingle, foodle, blah-blah and engine seized up. had to have car towed to garage in Leeds and borrow courtesy car to get home. found out yesterday that the engine is completely unsalvageable (more gibberish involving pistons, cylinders, mangled, mashed, crushed and flurble) so we have two options: (1) buy new engine, or (2) scrap car and buy new one. :( :( :o

option (1) will cost about 2.5K !!!!! :shock:
    option (2) is more but the car hopefully won't be 10 years old and falling to bits...

might have to bite the bullet and go for (2)... anyone won the lottery recently and have the odd few thousands of pounds just lying around...?

feck, feck, feck, feck, feck.

only positive thing is i've already got me PJ tickets, flights and places to stay in Dublin and Belfast already bought and paid for!!!

right, i'm off for a swim, got to get in shape for June too!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Holy moly! Sounds like the repairs would cost more than the car itself, you could probably get a nice li'l motor for the £2500 it'd cost to repair the other one!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Holy moly! Sounds like the repairs would cost more than the car itself, you could probably get a nice li'l motor for the £2500 it'd cost to repair the other one!

indeed, we'd be driving around in a rattling pile of rust surrounding a 2.5K engine, just waiting for the next thing to go wrong... ;)

methinks a 'new' car is the only sensible option...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    And to think that since Rob's stroke our car has been sitting in front of the house, only to switch it on and let it run for a bit at the week-end..... I WILL be taking driving lessons again soon.....
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    jrd your car old enough to be covered by the car scrappage scheme??

It's been extended until the end of March
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:

Oh we did that and haven't looked back! Traded in the horrid P reg (women, cover your eyes) Cunto for a shiny new Picanto called Percy :D

I don't know how much we pay a month for it but I know it's not too expeno and we've basically got 0% finance (it works out to that with the scrappage) and we ended up with a 5 year warranty when they were only doing 3 at the time (Kia are doing 7 now! :o )

I would highly recommend scrappage :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

chime wrote:

unfortunately ours is (was?) a 2001 Focus and is therefore a year too young to qualify... :roll:

grrrrrr..... :x

;)
  • jrd wrote:
    chime wrote:

unfortunately ours is (was?) a 2001 Focus and is therefore a year too young to qualify... :roll:

grrrrrr..... :x

;)
    I sorry :(

Should've got a shitter car then really shouldn't you? ;)