Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I know my folks know I go stalking a band, but that's about it. My Ma did buy me Immagine in Cornice on DVD though for christmas. I had it already, but it was a huge surprise that they actually do listen sometimes!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Yeah she's quite sweet about it. She's called me a couple of times from the Pearl Jam section of a record shop to check there isn't anything I haven't got :lol:

She was also really excited yesterday when I told her I'd got the RATM ticket :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    chime wrote:
    If Ed & co ever decide Dunk is deserving of his Scotland gig my Mum gets my 10c spare :D ... wonder if 10c would let us have seats? :P

i think they'll never play Scotland again... and its cos of me slagging off Jeff and his weird long shorts.. or short troosers... whatever they're called. :thumbdown:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    This conversation between Pippa, Sian and Jenny would be the same conversation my daughter would have with her mates about me (but different band obviously!). :?
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    chime wrote:
    My Mum could probably :? recognise Ed's voice but doesn't know any songs. She is a Foo Fighters addict since I took her to see them though :oops:

If Ed & co ever decide Dunk is deserving of his Scotland gig my Mum gets my 10c spare :D ... wonder if 10c would let us have seats? :P

And not forgetting her fondness for Nuno of Extreme!!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    chime wrote:
    :lol: just remembered was chatting to my mum last night ... and she suddenly says I've got to read you something I've written down and runs off ... comes back saying there was a question on Eggheads??!?!? (is that the name of the programme??) yesterday that she knew the answer to

Q. Which band had a battle with ticketmaster?

a. soz can't remember who she said

b. Pearl Jam

c. REM

:mrgreen: She was so pleased with herself that she knew it ... what have we done to our 'rents that they feel the need to write quiz show questions down :oops:

haha my dad got an i phone recently and he put me in charge of filling it cause he hasn't a clue about music, so filled it up and snuck quite a bit of pearl jam on to it.... then the other day i got a text saying actually pearl jam are really really good........ i was like i know but now my credability is ruined :lol:
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    satansbed wrote:
    haha my dad got an i phone recently and he put me in charge of filling it cause he hasn't a clue about music, so filled it up and snuck quite a bit of pearl jam on to it.... then the other day i got a text saying actually pearl jam are really really good........ i was like i know but now my credability is ruined :lol:

My mum is a bit like that...proper freaks me out when shes asks me to put on some alice in chains in the car.

And her singing to 'daughter' is plain wrong.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
    Friday..... tomorrow I can sleep in a bit (well... until 8.30 which isn't bad at all!)... :D
  • redrock wrote:
    Friday..... tomorrow I can sleep in a bit (well... until 8.30 which isn't bad at all!)... :D
    Same here! We have to take the kitties to the vets at 9am but sleeping in til 08:30 is better than our usual Mon-Fri 6am start! :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    KittieS to the vet? Riley OK? Guess Sykes has got over what he had.... check up for him?
  • redrock wrote:
    KittieS to the vet? Riley OK? Guess Sykes has got over what he had.... check up for him?
    They're having their second shot for the leukemia vaccine. The RSPCA don't give it as standard so they only had it for the first time 3 weeks ago. Sykes will probably get a check over while we're there and we'll talk to ze vet about Riley's weight but apart from that, all's good :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

we'll talk to ze vet about Riley's weight but apart from that, all's good :)

He's 'big boned' is he? My Dookie is getting a bit heavy... He's a pig, but I think he's eating elsewhere too....
  • redrock wrote:

He's 'big boned' is he? My Dookie is getting a bit heavy... He's a pig, but I think he's eating elsewhere too....

Not 'big boned' so much as a fat little bugger! :lol: He could honestly eat for England, so when Sykes wasn't too well and didn't fancy eating, Riley took his chance (he had a few tellings off) and munched down any food up for grabs (you'd be amazed at how fast that chunky monkey can move if there's food around!) He has thick fur anyways but he also has a distinct layer of blubber...

We give him less food than Sykes (their food is weighed out and we're really strict about what they eat) but he just doesn't seem to be losing anything. :?

(their food is weighed out and we're really strict about what they eat)

:shock: :o :shock: You are such a mean cat mummy! Seems like Dookie and Riley are a pair... Maybe my baby needs to be fostered by mean cat mummy for a bit so he can try to lose weight too!

Is it time to go home yet?
    I don't think words can describe how tired I am today.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • I'm not a mean cat mummy! :( It's for their own good! Riley has a really sensitive stomach (suffers from colitis) so we have to give him really high quality food, which although it has low ash content, it's got high meat and fat content... hence strict weighing and diet. Bare in mind this is a cat who eats plastic bags when given a chance! He just inhales food :roll:

Alas no... another 4 hours 50 mins to go for me :(

I'm tired too Jenny... I was up late watching trashy programmes on Gypsy weddings! :lol:

I had a late night last night - I stayed up till 11.30. I was fixing my housemates laptop cos I was sick of lying awake in bed wondering if I had forgotten to do something in work. My brain needs to switch off this weekend!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    I had a late night last night - I stayed up till 11.30. I was fixing my housemates laptop cos I was sick of lying awake in bed wondering if I had forgotten to do something in work. My brain needs to switch off this weekend!

oh that is late... Keith Richards would marvel at your abilities to outsleep him ;)

I always go to bed after midnight... well once the Televison X freeview is finished.. whatever time that is.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Good afternoon to you all.......snow is finally gone yeaahhhhh for that....and i don`t have to work untill somewhere late may another yeeaahhh for that too ;) but still get payed for doing nothing ;)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
    redlady wrote:
    and i don`t have to work untill somewhere late may another yeeaahhh for that too ;) but still get payed for doing nothing ;)

Damn... that's a good job!
  • redladyredlady Posts: 602
    redrock wrote:
    redlady wrote:
    and i don`t have to work untill somewhere late may another yeeaahhh for that too ;) but still get payed for doing nothing ;)

Damn... that's a good job!

Ha ha yeah i know thats why i`m staying there ;) and then later in the year somewhere around end of august untill october were also at home ;)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Thank you sooooooo much Rita! :D

We don't mind Chime keeping us company, she's alright... I suppose :roll: ;)

Is jrd staying too then? I'm confused... (not difficult :lol: )

Yes, I'm staying.
    Staying at home that is... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    redrock wrote:

you didn't get scammed did you ? apparently people are being sold pigs but told that they're cats...
    one way to tell the difference is to see if you can make bacon out out of him. :lol:

:roll:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

oh that is late... Keith Richards would marvel at your abilities to outsleep him ;)

I always go to bed after midnight... well once the Televison X freeview is finished.. whatever time that is.

i was up until 02:30 this morning... was watching the womens' bob skeleton thing on the winter olympics... hoping for another costume malfunction... :shock: :oops: :lol:
  • jrd wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

i was up until 02:30 this morning... was watching the womens' bob skeleton thing on the winter olympics... hoping for another costume malfunction... :shock: :oops: :lol:

:shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

Perv :P

jrd wrote:

:shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

Perv :P

why thankyou :D

*rubs hands on thighs*
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Right, Dublinisers.. Let's see what's been going on.

- Congrats to everyone who wanted and got tickets for RATM. :mrgreen:
    - People staying up late for various reasons, tut tut. (Even though I'm hardly one to judge. :P )
    - Sian, I don't think you're a mean cat mummy.
    - redlady, happy about snow being gone? :shock: But.. Snow is the excellent thing! :D

And..

- jrd is a perv? :?

Guess everything's alright in the world, so. :lol:

Me? Same old, trying to keep the flat tidy. :roll: Good thing I've got a relaxed schedule about it. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    well miss emmi, i see that you are online now on msn at what must be 3am your time :o
    time to go to bed :lol:
    i was up way to late last night drinking way too much. my head hurts a bit this morning
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    well miss emmi, i see that you are online now on msn at what must be 3am your time :o
    time to go to bed :lol:
    i was up way to late last night drinking way too much. my head hurts a bit this morning

I did go to bed. :P

Water and aspirin before sleeps on nights of drinking! (Or whatever headachey pill you prefer. :P ) :lol:

Someone told me we were supposed to experience a storm last night. Well, I walked home from worky.. It was maybe a little windier than usual (and about -15 degrees) but that's all. I thought it was the lamest storm ever. :P But then! I was told the storm is gonna be tonight. :| Ah well, we'll see.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Haha all this parent talk...my old man has seen pj 3 times live and I got the distinct impression he was a little put out that I didn't sort him out with a ticket 4 June :lol:

eldest daughter was 4 yesterday...can't believe it...they grow up so fast! Found out during the week she got accepted into the local Irish speaking school which is fantastic news as I can't speak fuck all :0

;)
    I need a coffee!