Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    So you all managed to get RATM tickets in the end?
    8-)

Happy for all of you.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:
    We're staying on the Sunday night, but we need to find a hotel now... :?
    If you want to come back to Twickenham on the Sunday, you are welcome to stay at my place.
    Ohhh that's a lovely offer Rita! Thank you thank you! :D

I'll text Dave to ask him now and let you know asap.

What's it like getting back after shows?

Depends.... there's the last train on the picadilly line that gets to hounslow, then bus or short taxi ride, there's night busses but not sure from finsbury park, there's also last trains from waterloo then short taxi ride. There's always a way!

I have a small spare bedroom if you want to. Won't be seeing you in the morning as it will be a normal Monday morning for some (ie work and school!)!!!!!

Edit: Just saw your other post. You guys are therefore most welcome. Will make sure spare bedroom is sorted!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    What's it like getting back after shows?

Depends.... there's the last train on the picadilly line that gets to hounslow, then bus or short taxi ride, there's night busses but not sure from finsbury park, there's also last trains from waterloo then short taxi ride. There's always a way!

...except it's a Sunday so all the tubes and trains finish earlier... and probably half the tube lines won't be running in the first place due to 'essential engineering works'... :( :x

so make sure you know what'll be running, and to where, before you decide which way to try to reach Rita in the 'burbs!!! :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:

so make sure you know what'll be running, and to where, before you decide which way to try to reach Rita in the 'burbs!!! :D

Rita will be with them :roll: We'll be fine......
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:

Depending on how late it finishes if I can't get back to Waterloo in time for the last train could I share the sofa with the cats?? I may take Monday off work :oops:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:

Depending on how late it finishes if I can't get back to Waterloo in time for the last train could I share the sofa with the cats?? I may take Monday off work :oops:

Of course you can, though I might have to give you G's room (who will be at a friend's) as I'm up and about at 5.00am, and you will have to share it with the mouse! If you do stay, you can keep Sian and Dave company (if jrd hasn't scared them away!)
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Anyone still waiting on their confirmation mail? havent gotten mine yet.
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Just got it. They musta heard me.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Anyone still waiting on their confirmation mail? havent gotten mine yet.

You didn't doubt my ticket-getting powers, did you?!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    For some reason. I'm really excited for the RATM gig.....
    It's cos we'll all be there!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrock wrote:
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Of course you can, though I might have to give you G's room (who will be at a friend's) as I'm up and about at 5.00am, and you will have to share it with the mouse! If you do stay, you can keep Sian and Dave company (if jrd hasn't scared them away!)

Thank you sooooooo much Rita! :D

We don't mind Chime keeping us company, she's alright... I suppose :roll: ;)

Is jrd staying too then? I'm confused... (not difficult :lol: )
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Jennytree wrote:
    It's cos we'll all be there!

I guess it is!!!!

Sian... jrd won't be at my place. He lives in the same part of the world as me but not really... his trains are a lot worse than mine!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    RATM shall be a fine day!
    Sorted Pegasus and myself out, and then managed to get on and sort Chimey out as well!

Most people seem to have got themself a ticket!!!
    that thing was a lot worse than getting Dublin 10c tickets :lol:

it is going to be an all day event apparently with a full support bill. Apparently rage wanted Simon Cowell to MC and joe mcelderry to play as well :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    well done on the rage gigs folks...my wifey was emailing Morello the other day about the gig and they hope to play both Sleep Now In The Fire... which is my favourite song.. as well as a scat jazz version of If You don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red.

I passed up the free tickets.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    tis all very good and I'm very happy as now I will get to see you all :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: not coming to pj n that :cry:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    tis all very good and I'm very happy as now I will get to see you all :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:D:D

If it is a day thing, can't wait to hear who else will be there.
    There are rumours of the Beastie Boys which for me would be awesome as I love them but have never seen them.

Other rumours are The Gallows who are supporting RATM in Dublin.
  • chime wrote:
    There are rumours of the Beastie Boys which for me would be awesome as I love them but have never seen them.

Other rumours are The Gallows who are supporting RATM in Dublin.

The Beastie Boys would be epic! :lol:

The Gallows? As in, the punk band?

:?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

Never listened very much to the Beastie Boys...
  • redrock wrote:

I'm not a die hard fan at all but I think they'd be hellishly entertaining :D

Besides, I want to see them play Intergalactic and Sabotage :oops:

redrock wrote:

I only have a few albums but like you think they'd be great fun. Somehow Fight For Your Right would be an appropriate track for the day :lol:

I just wonder if they are even touring because MCA was diagnosed with cancer last summer :( :?
  • chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:

I only have a few albums but like you think they'd be great fun. Somehow Fight For Your Right would be an appropriate track for the day :lol:

I just wonder if they are even touring because MCA was diagnosed with cancer last summer :( :?

Oh god yeah, Fight For Your Right would be blindin' too! :D

I didn't know about that diagnosis... eek :(

chime wrote:

That would be so fucking AWESOME!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    btw 'cause I'm sad thought I'd do order tracking on seetickets and it says ...

We will start to despatch tickets for this event on approximately 16/05/2010 and we expect to have all tickets despatched by 30/05/2010.
  • chime wrote:
    btw 'cause I'm sad thought I'd do order tracking on seetickets and it says ...

We will start to despatch tickets for this event on approximately 16/05/2010 and we expect to have all tickets despatched by 30/05/2010.

Good work soldier :thumbup:

:lol: just remembered was chatting to my mum last night ... and she suddenly says I've got to read you something I've written down and runs off ... comes back saying there was a question on Eggheads??!?!? (is that the name of the programme??) yesterday that she knew the answer to

Q. Which band had a battle with ticketmaster?

a. soz can't remember who she said

b. Pearl Jam

c. REM

:mrgreen: She was so pleased with herself that she knew it ... what have we done to our 'rents that they feel the need to write quiz show questions down :oops:
    Awwww... you must be so proud of her! :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • chime wrote:
    :lol: just remembered was chatting to my mum last night ... and she suddenly says I've got to read you something I've written down and runs off ... comes back saying there was a question on Eggheads??!?!? (is that the name of the programme??) yesterday that she knew the answer to

Q. Which band had a battle with ticketmaster?

a. soz can't remember who she said

b. Pearl Jam

c. REM

:mrgreen: She was so pleased with herself that she knew it ... what have we done to our 'rents that they feel the need to write quiz show questions down :oops:

Yeah, that's the programme...

You're Mum's the coolest for that :D

My Mum doesn't even know who Pearl Jam are half the time, bless her :roll: :lol:

My Mum could probably :? recognise Ed's voice but doesn't know any songs. She is a Foo Fighters addict since I took her to see them though :oops:

If Ed & co ever decide Dunk is deserving of his Scotland gig my Mum gets my 10c spare :D ... wonder if 10c would let us have seats? :P