Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    chime wrote:
    I know Helen is 2nd in line for Sandra's spare (Pin is 1st) so she would probably welcome a 10c ticket Rita.

EDIT: see Jenny already has them

Dylan (Belfast1) has a spare Dublin for Helen if she wants it. I'll try her on facebook, but she should get in touch with him.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    jrd wrote:
    ah-ha, a little local info, knew you'd come in useful at some point... ;)
    which is more than that slacker Al's been... :roll: :lol:

god... that's not 10 euro if you book it 4.73 months in advance on a Wednesday, while standing on one leg is it ? 'cos it feels like that's the sort of thing you have to do over here to get the cheapest fares...

No, at the moment it's all trains at all times. I did a search for trains next Wed (since you can't look as far as next June) and all the trains for the day are €10 one way.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/ti ... er28Days=0
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    ah-ha, a little local info, knew you'd come in useful at some point... ;)
    which is more than that slacker Al's been... :roll: :lol:

god... that's not 10 euro if you book it 4.73 months in advance on a Wednesday, while standing on one leg is it ? 'cos it feels like that's the sort of thing you have to do over here to get the cheapest fares...

No, at the moment it's all trains at all times. I did a search for trains next Wed (since you can't look as far as next June) and all the trains for the day are €10 one way.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/ti ... er28Days=0

cool. well, guess we'll just have to remember to book 'em in advance in about 5 months' time!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    edited December 2009
    Jenny.... do you think if I get a flight landing at 15.30 on the day of the gig is cutting it too fine? It's with Aer Lingus.. don't know if they are reliable or not.

Am looking for flights and AL have flights for nothing, you pay airport taxes and charges (which comes to about £75 for one person!)
    Post edited by redrock on
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited December 2009
    redrock wrote:
    chime wrote:
    I know Helen is 2nd in line for Sandra's spare (Pin is 1st) so she would probably welcome a 10c ticket Rita.

Dylan (Belfast1) has a spare Dublin for Helen if she wants it. I'll try her on facebook, but she should get in touch with him.

I sent her a text. She still hasn't heard from Sandra. Think she hopes to hear for definite from Sandra today on whether she gets her spare. She'll drop belfast1 a pm this evening.
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    feck it... booked the Parnell Street Jury's Inn even if it is in a 'dodgy' area, everything else was just too expensive so my Scottish genes won out over personal safety... :roll:

any recommendations for Belfast... ?

if you are truly Scottish you'll sleep in Belfast airport for free... ;)

I was only partly assimilated :oops: Booked an apartment in Dublin that will sleep 4 for the same price as the cheapest hotel I could find :P

Good move!! Good way of spreading the costs :D

IF...IF... I make it I will need to sort flights / hotel / floorspace at a much later date :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:
    Jenny.... do you think if I get a flight landing at 15.30 on the day of the gig is cutting it too fine? It's with Aer Lingus.. don't know if they are reliable or not.

They are indeed reliable (as much as any other airline are!). Take it you would be leaving the airport at 4, you would be in Dublin City Centre at 5, definitely at the O2 by 6 at the very latest, allowing for dodgy traffic and all that! Get the Airlink bus from outside the departures gate (Green Bus) to Bus Aras. Costs €6. From there, you can walk to Jurys, and then get the Luas/taxi/walk to the O2 along the Quays.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Thanks Jenny... hmmmm... doors opens 18.00hrs or so? Maybe I'll take an earlier flight. It's just that Rob can't really be rushed in any way.
    redrock wrote:
    Thanks Jenny... hmmmm... doors opens 18.00hrs or so? Maybe I'll take an earlier flight. It's just that Rob can't really be rushed in any way.

i'm on the Air Fungus flight from Heathrow at 14:15, due in at 15:30. should hopefully leave enough time to get to the hotel, then to the venue to get the tickets and then to find some beer/guinness... fingers crossed!! :shock:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:

i'm on the Air Fungus flight from Heathrow at 14:15, due in at 15:30. should hopefully leave enough time to get to the hotel, then to the venue to get the tickets and then to find some beer/guinness... fingers crossed!! :shock:
    im a tourist,so 21th for me...guinness mixed with ouzo =checked :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    ...guinness mixed with ouzo =checked :mrgreen:

I think I'm gonna be sick..... :sick:
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Was it also £0 but all taxes and charges? What to do??????
  • redrock wrote:

guinness need for put the fire down..Dunk and the people in his room in Maanchester knows.. 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    ...to think we're just 7 months ahead... I don't want to think about what's going to happen on the day of the gig... :lol:
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:

guinness need for put the fire down..Dunk and the people in his room in Maanchester knows.. 8-)

we almost finished that whole bottle in one go amigo!

I had about 14 hours sleep in 4 days during that trip and I also got drunk every night. I have to say i'm ashamed of some of the much younger peoples on that wee mini-tour. young folks nowadays just can't compete ;);):mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • danleri wrote:
    ...to think we're just 7 months ahead... I don't want to think about what's going to happen on the day of the gig... :lol:
    hugs,how are u doing talking...drinks.quote ..lights out,boys on stage...magic...
  • dunkman wrote:
    the people in his room in Maanchester knows.. 8-)

I had about 14 hours sleep in 4 days during that trip and I also got drunk every night. I have to say i'm ashamed of some of the much younger peoples on that wee mini-tour. young folks nowadays just can't compete ;);):mrgreen:
    :mrgreen:
    young are very good,but need your expeerience to guide them... :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:

Was it also £0 but all taxes and charges? What to do??????

yup. flight was zero pounds but taxes etc 41-point-something. plus 5 quid for booking with credit card. grrrr... :x :x :x
  • A reliable friend has two 10Club tickets for Belfast and needs 2 tickets for Dublin. The 2 Dublin ones could be 10club, standing or seated.

Please contact at this mail.
  • Jennytree wrote:
    redrock wrote:

They are indeed reliable (as much as any other airline are!). Take it you would be leaving the airport at 4, you would be in Dublin City Centre at 5, definitely at the O2 by 6 at the very latest, allowing for dodgy traffic and all that! Get the Airlink bus from outside the departures gate (Green Bus) to Bus Aras. Costs €6. From there, you can walk to Jurys, and then get the Luas/taxi/walk to the O2 along the Quays.
    Aer Lingus are way more reliable than ryanair... any flight I've got with them has taken off exactly on time, bar maybe 1.

However, I'm a complete time freak and I would probably not take that chance Rita :oops:

Jenny, the 16 and 41 buses also go from outside for 2.20euro... only a few minutes slower than the airbus... and more frequent.

:oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    chime wrote:

I sent her a text. She still hasn't heard from Sandra. Think she hopes to hear for definite from Sandra today on whether she gets her spare. She'll drop belfast1 a pm this evening.
    thanks you pair... have contacted everyone now and just waiting to hear back :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkman wrote:
    redrock wrote:

:D the ouzo was a fantastic idea. For once... I competed :D Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Jenny, the 16 and 41 buses also go from outside for 2.20euro... only a few minutes slower than the airbus... and more frequent.

16A and 41 I wouldn't say only a few minutes slower... sometimes it takes years to get down to O'Connell St...
    oh and they don't allow suitcases or even small trolleys on board anymore...
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Pay the 7euro for the aircoach, the 16A is a load of cack.
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Pay the 7euro for the aircoach, the 16A is a load of cack.

I totally second that.
  • danleri wrote:

16A and 41 I wouldn't say only a few minutes slower... sometimes it takes years to get down to O'Connell St...
    oh and they don't allow suitcases or even small trolleys on board anymore...
    :shock: really? I've always got the 16 or 41 and it's always flown in... anytime I tried to get the airbus.. been waiting ages for it :oops: if you go in rush hour it'll take hours... otherwise it's not much difference.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    just think Aircoach is more comfy... especially if you think the guys will be already tired from the trip and excited to get into town as soon as possible to meet the rest of us and go to the venue...
  • danleri wrote:
    just think Aircoach is more comfy... especially if you think the guys will be already tired from the trip and excited to get into town as soon as possible to meet the rest of us and go to the venue...
    :D fair enough... even at 6/7euro, it's still incredibly cheap airport to city transport for anywhere in the world.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    ah the air couch are robbin gits.

yeah the 16 & 41 take a lil longer but once u get into town the luas line has now been extended to the 02 as of this week so ya wont have to walk or get an expensive taxi

hope u get sorted helen.

redrock did you get one?
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • MH808MH808 Posts: 9
    does anyone have an extra dublin or belfast ticket? 10club, standing, seated, whatever. thanks.
    -megan