Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    chime wrote:
    Well for about £70 all in I got my flight to Dublin and from Belfast to London. Same as you Rita I need Heathrow and that puts the price and taxes up.

For those flying into London of the London airports if the prices are similar for flights go for Heathrow as you can get straight onto the tube without having to pay the expensive trains from the airports to London.

what airline you flying with Pippa ?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    jrd wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Well for about £70 all in I got my flight to Dublin and from Belfast to London. Same as you Rita I need Heathrow and that puts the price and taxes up.

For those flying into London of the London airports if the prices are similar for flights go for Heathrow as you can get straight onto the tube without having to pay the expensive trains from the airports to London.

what airline you flying with Pippa ?

Out with bmi and back with Aer Lingus.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    OK, i'm booked Heathrow-Dublin and back Belfast-Heathrow, both with Air Fungus.

Now, where's people staying in Dublin and Belfast...? did someone mention the Jurys Inn in Dublin...?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Booked BMI flight from Belfast city airport - Heathrow.
    17.35pm flight on 24th. £53 for 2 ppl.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jrd wrote:
    OK, i'm booked Heathrow-Dublin and back Belfast-Heathrow, both with Air Fungus.

Now, where's people staying in Dublin and Belfast...? did someone mention the Jurys Inn in Dublin...?

I'll hopefully be booking the Jurys Inn (that's by the O2, isn't it?) tomorrow.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Jurys' Inn on Customs House Quay is the one beside the O2 :) There are others in Dublin, but none quite as convenient.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Jurys' Inn on Customs House Quay is the one beside the O2 :) There are others in Dublin, but none quite as convenient.

Did you book any flights Jen?
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    if you book a room in jurys inn make sure when you check in you ask for a room at the back of the hotel - you dont want to be on the lower floors at the front next to 50% of irelands lorrys clunking past the window :D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    Jennytree wrote:

I'll go for convenient. We'd be arriving late-ish in the afternoon and have to leave mid day or so.

Good advice Belfast.... How's are you guys settling in with the little one?
    redrock wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I'll go for convenient. We'd be arriving late-ish in the afternoon and have to leave mid day or so.

just the best time really, baby & Mummy sleeping, sun shining, got pearl jam on infinite repeat - i've had the best week of my life! :D:D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • hello people..im done with ATHENS - DUBLIN -BELFAST-LONDON ,hotel flights....see u there..

and now..London - Nijmegem......Run Forest Run.. :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    belfast1 wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

just the best time really, baby & Mummy sleeping, sun shining, got pearl jam on infinite repeat - i've had the best week of my life! :D:D

What a life! :D
    Checked that Jury's Inn and it's €99 a night and seen as I'll need two nights ... I may end up in a hostel me thinks :oops:
    Did you book any flights Jen?

Nah, I haven't had time to look yet. Will be driving back to Dublin the night of the Belfast gig so will be flying out from there on the day of the London show, probably at stupid o'clock!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    where should we stay in berlin, thats the only place i know nothing about!!!
    I think for the previous Berlin dates a lot of people have stayed at Wombats hostel.
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Sorted!!! Dublin Belfast London Berlin!! here we come!!
    YEY!

Ticketmaster and MCD just sent me emails about Pearl Jam's new European Tour.

I'm so glad I signed up for their newsletters, I hadn't realised they were touring again :roll:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    YEY!

Ticketmaster and MCD just sent me emails about Pearl Jam's new European Tour.

I'm so glad I signed up for their newsletters, I hadn't realised they were touring again :roll:

haha - wish i had a pound for everyone who has told me 'hey dylan did you know pearl jam are playing....' :roll:
    chime wrote:
    Checked that Jury's Inn and it's €99 a night and seen as I'll need two nights ... I may end up in a hostel me thinks :oops:

up to 129 euros now...! :(

hmmm... wonder what the travel lodge/inn/premier inn situation is like...
    what about the Jurys Inn on Parnell Street, says it's 1.1km from the venue and in the city centre... anyone know what it's like around there ?
    The area is a little dodge, but it's very central.

There a few other hotel options across the river from the O2 - there's the Holiday Inn, Quality Inn...

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/hotelis ... 7415;tab=4

http://www.holidayinndublin.ie/

http://www.maldronhotels.com/hotel-cardiff-lane/

http://www.clarionhotelifsc.com/
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    jrd wrote:
    what about the Jurys Inn on Parnell Street, says it's 1.1km from the venue and in the city centre... anyone know what it's like around there ?

the Jury's on the quay is much closer and it's a better area.
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • redrock wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Jury's custom house is definitely the most convenient to the venue... the closest to it... but if you're going to the pub before and after the gig... you'll have to go into town and make your way out both times. I suggest staying somewhere central if you're planning on doing pub. Not that it's a massive deal cos it's still just down the road anywho... but still!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    redrock wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Jury's custom house is definitely the most convenient to the venue... the closest to it... but if you're going to the pub before and after the gig... you'll have to go into town and make your way out both times. I suggest staying somewhere central if you're planning on doing pub. Not that it's a massive deal cos it's still just down the road anywho... but still!

I don't think we will get much 'pubbing' in. Should we get tickets, we'll be getting a flight sort of mid-afternoon (I work until 1.00pm). The time to get to get out of the airport, get into town, etc., we're not going to have much time left. And Rob is coming too and, at the moment, he still tires quickly and is not very comfortable in a 'group' environment. May be different by June. We'll see....
  • redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

I don't think we will get much 'pubbing' in. Should we get tickets, we'll be getting a flight sort of mid-afternoon (I work until 1.00pm). The time to get to get out of the airport, get into town, etc., we're not going to have much time left. And Rob is coming too and, at the moment, he still tires quickly and is not very comfortable in a 'group' environment. May be different by June. We'll see....

well then it's definitely the best place to stay... holy shite, you'll be pushing it tight!

My brother texted me today to say he noticed they were playing Dublin and asked if I want a ticket for my birthday... so he's gonna try tomorrow :D he's great... hope it works though... fingers crossed.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

well then it's definitely the best place to stay... holy shite, you'll be pushing it tight!

Yep... during school week... no real option to take a couple of days. We'll be flying back the next day to be home 4ish...
    I can't remember how long it took from the airport to central dublin...
    My brother texted me today to say he noticed they were playing Dublin and asked if I want a ticket for my birthday... so he's gonna try tomorrow :D he's great... hope it works though... fingers crossed.

Nice brother....
  • redrock wrote:

Yep... during school week... no real option to take a couple of days. We'll be flying back the next day to be home 4ish...
    I can't remember how long it took from the airport to central dublin...

Nice brother....
    at that time of the day, should be no longer than 30-40 minutes on the bus. Don't bother with a taxi... 20euro more than the bus and only about 10 minutes quicker.

Yep, my birthday's not til June and he's thinking pressies already :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I think I'll have to go with a hostel as I'll be there for 2 nights. Can't pay the €250 it would cost for 2 nights in the Customs House :oops:

Fingers crossed for your brother tomorrow Helen :mrgreen:
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Right... just heard back from David in China... he arrives back on 23rd June so is up for HRC :D

So I'll definitely need that spare Rita with the possibility of one more, to be confirmed...

God this is complicated, not sure how I'm going to wangle Dublin and Belfast... :?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...