London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Not a jam donut?? :shock:

indeed, a jammy donut... could even have had one with choccy coating.

this post was sponsored by Greggs... the music fans bakery of choice.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    Not a jam donut?? :shock:

indeed, a jammy donut... could even have had one with choccy coating.

this post was sponsored by Greggs... the music fans bakery of choice.

Chocolate curl ones are nasty. Choco - the ring ones with chocolate - are OK.

I work for Greggs. :evil: But in their offices at the main bakery in Twickenham. The new Christmas stuff is pretty.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    morning passing on a message !
    i cant go have dance gig next night in bristol! cant get up for AIC either :(

have a good midweek xxx

I just thought I would let you know that I am playing in a Pearl Jam cover band on the 27th of November in Shepherds Bush. Hopefully it will be a good night.

If you are not doing anything that night and felt like coming along to hear us belt out a few numbers we would love to see you there!

Basically, we know we arent the real deal, but they did say they wont be back for a while so it sounded like a good idea to put on a show? Just a bunch of fans playing to fans.

Tickets are 10 quid to cover the cost of the venue and promotion.
    Anyway the link is here
    http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user?query=s ... =pearl+jam

you can listen to a demo we did here too
    http://www.myspace.com/apjtribute
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    cant get up for AIC either :(

Well I'm in London, I have tix to see AIC and I still can't make it anymore :( Would have loved to meet up with some of 'the guys' again - and see AIC!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hi all,

Sorry I havent been round much :oops:

So any news...no?????

DAVE.....congrats, am over the moon for ya. was gonna text ya...but forgot :lol: May you have many years like myself and dunk, chasing little scumbags away from your door when the little lady turns 14 and is putting mini skirts in her bag and "staying" at a friends (I am seriously moving out when mine hit the teens....or get meself a big fuck off shotgun 8-) ). Supposedly thats what girls do nowadays :shock: :o (feckin girls didnt do that when I was in me teens...no we had fookin baggy jumpers and docs, I didnt know what the hell a boob was when I saw one for the first time, thought I'd get KROQ on it if I twiddled it enough....ok I still do that but its just for the craic :lol: ) Seriously though am delighted for ya both. Give my best to the lovely ladies ;)

Pip hope you're doing ok :( ...heres an irish e-hug ;)

Red would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to come over for AIC but its a no-goer :(

Dunk, sure bring the family over and we'll put ya up....but dont bring any Greggs (HATED GREGGS WHEN I LIVED IN THE UK....DRIPPIN WITH GREASE LIKE A FUCKIN LUBBED UP WHALE DILDO :shock: ;) )

Much love to the rest of my Dublin Crew...miss ya bitches (well not Theirry cause I was chatting to him last night :P )
    I need a coffee!
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Not a pearl jam donut?? :shock:

:)

Hey guys our tour starts next week....
    9 sleeps until the Perth show kicks off :)

Peace.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    aus_suz wrote:

Peace.

look after the boys for us will ya... ;)

and tell them to head back to Europe (well, London/Dublin/Manchester at least!) if you get the chance! :lol: :roll:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    Hello everyone! I need to catch up with this thread, at some point in the past, i did post here. :P

Hope everyone is doing fine, and I really do need some live Pearl Jam, it has been too long (since 2007)

Big hug!!
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    jrd wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Peace.

and tell them to head back to Europe (well, London/Dublin/Manchester at least!) if you get the chance! :lol: :roll:

yep will tell them if I happen to bump into them..:)
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    jrd wrote:

London? Dublin? Manchester? UK and Ireland, eh? I think you're forgetting something matey. :evil:

hello everyone!

Dave, muchisimos congratulations! :)

Al mentioned the teenage girls of today. they piss me off too. :x :lol:

I'd love to go to AIC (yeah, that's right you all! I've finally started listening to them!), but of course can't.

all this talk of donuts is making me hungry. well that or the fact that I've only eaten some yoghurt today. hmm. I should cook something.

miss Buru! good to see you make an appearance! :) *abrazos*

I can't believe it's November already! :shock:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:

My daughter is a teenager :evil:
    redrock wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

yes I know that. I thought whether I should separately mention all the teenage girls who DON'T piss me off, but I figured everyone would realise I was only speaking in general. ;)

your daughter is lovely, and what else could we expect from such a fine set of parents?

most teenage girls that come by our store, for example, annoy the hell out of me. but there are a few I like too. most of them are just so.. well, teenaged. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

yes I know that. I thought whether I should separately mention all the teenage girls who DON'T piss me off, but I figured everyone would realise I was only speaking in general. ;)

your daughter is lovely, and what else could we expect from such a fine set of parents?

most teenage girls that come by our store, for example, annoy the hell out of me. but there are a few I like too. most of them are just so.. well, teenaged. :lol:

It has been a longggggggggggggggggggggg time since you were a teenager after all :lol:;) (Rita leave emmi alone...or else!! ;) )

Hi Buru....long time no feel...oh I mean chat to :? ;)

By the way, I am kinda getting into the new AIC after my initial disappointment :lol: right back to work.
    I need a coffee!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    eMMI wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    ...and tell them to head back to Europe (well, London/Dublin/Manchester at least!) if you get the chance! :lol: :roll:

London? Dublin? Manchester? UK and Ireland, eh? I think you're forgetting something matey. :evil:

i know, i know... :oops: :D

but i'm just being purely selfish (for once :roll: ) and thinking of where i'd realistically be able to afford/be allowed to go and see 'em...

obviously they should tour Finland, Scandanavia and the rest of Europe as well!! 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    DAVE.....congrats, am over the moon for ya. was gonna text ya...but forgot :lol: May you have many years like myself and dunk, chasing little scumbags away from your door when the little lady turns 14 and is putting mini skirts in her bag and "staying" at a friends (I am seriously moving out when mine hit the teens....or get meself a big fuck off shotgun 8-) ). Supposedly thats what girls do nowadays :shock: :o (feckin girls didnt do that when I was in me teens...no we had fookin baggy jumpers and docs, I didnt know what the hell a boob was when I saw one for the first time, thought I'd get KROQ on it if I twiddled it enough....ok I still do that but its just for the craic :lol: ) Seriously though am delighted for ya both. Give my best to the lovely ladies ;)

Red would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to come over for AIC but its a no-goer :(

Dunk, sure bring the family over and we'll put ya up....but dont bring any Greggs (HATED GREGGS WHEN I LIVED IN THE UK....DRIPPIN WITH GREASE LIKE A FUCKIN LUBBED UP WHALE DILDO :shock: ;) )

Much love to the rest of my Dublin Crew...miss ya bitches (well not Theirry cause I was chatting to him last night :P )

i've printed off this post of Al's and intend to laminate it and stick it on my wall... it's that good!!! :lol::lol: fucking KROQ!! :lol::lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:
    DAVE.....congrats, am over the moon for ya. was gonna text ya...but forgot May you have many years like myself and dunk, chasing little scumbags away from your door when the little lady turns 14 and is putting mini skirts in her bag and "staying" at a friends (I am seriously moving out when mine hit the teens....or get meself a big fuck off shotgun). Supposedly thats what girls do nowadays (feckin girls didnt do that when I was in me teens...no we had fookin baggy jumpers and docs, I didnt know what the hell a boob was when I saw one for the first time, thought I'd get KROQ on it if I twiddled it enough....ok I still do that but its just for the craic :lol: ) Seriously though am delighted for ya both. Give my best to the lovely ladies ;)

i've printed off this post of Al's and intend to laminate it and stick it on my wall... it's that good!!! :lol::lol: fucking KROQ!! :lol::lol:

To be fair some of us used to wear denim hotpants with our docs 8-) :shock: :oops: :twisted:

But yeah always used to buy mens L or XL t-shirts at gigs :wtf: ... only good for night shirts now :shifty:

Thanks for the Irish ehug ;)

EDIT: apparently the maximum number of smilies in a post is now set at 20 :crazy:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    :clap:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Irish Al wrote:
    It has been a longggggggggggggggggggggg time since you were a teenager after all :lol:;) (Rita leave emmi alone...or else!! ;) )

hey, I'm pretty sure I disliked most teenagers even when I was one. :geek: :twisted:
    (thank you darlin' ;) )
    jrd wrote:
    i know, i know... :oops: :D

but i'm just being purely selfish (for once :roll: ) and thinking of where i'd realistically be able to afford/be allowed to go and see 'em...

obviously they should tour Finland, Scandanavia and the rest of Europe as well!! 8-)

8-)
    dunkman wrote:

it is quite the masterpiece. :D though to get the full effect, I did have to google KROQ. :? :mrgreen:
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    the teenagers of today piss me off as well, they were never is silly as they are now when i was one :crazy:

Red - i am sure your teenagers will be grand
    Emmi, you are the closest we have for a teenager here :roll: :lol: well dunk and Al and JRD still act like Children so... :lol:
    Buru, good to see you here
    Dave, congrats again
    Chime, ehug from Australia, hope ye feelin grand soon
    i would consider AIC but there is some band called pearl jam who i have been told to check out :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    ooo Pearl Jam you say, Soupy?

Hmmm, I must try go see them the next time they play Dublin. I hope they don't play any of that smelly rock music though - utter shite that is!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    ooo Pearl Jam you say, Soupy?

Hmmm, I must try go see them the next time they play Dublin. I hope they don't play any of that smelly rock music though - utter shite that is!

The countdown is on...only 6.5 years til they play Dublin again, although Matt and Boom will have been "sacked" and Stone will have taken over lead vocals from ed who will just stand at the back, smoke and drink wine and whinge at the state of music today while 10000 15 year olds rock out in mini skirts and no knickers....cause thats what kids do...well there will be one "older" man lurking round the arena in a kilt...yep he will answer to the name dunk :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    the teenagers of today piss me off as well, they were never is silly as they are now when i was one :crazy:

I think they have uglier fashions than we did. Or at least some do.
    And I have seen lots of silliness as well, but maybe that is just me growing old. :lol:

I hope they do Europe and South America in 2010. I can dream, right?
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

-Buru- wrote:

I think they have uglier fashions than we did. Or at least some do.
    And I have seen lots of silliness as well, but maybe that is just me growing old. :lol:

I hope they do Europe and South America in 2010. I can dream, right?

Sadly Buru it will only be a dream...well the Europe part anyway...you SA's deserve a tour 8-)
    I need a coffee!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Well went birthday present shopping at lunchtime .... and ended up thinking of Al :shock: ... the shop had a 'boob radio' :roll: :lol:

If I got you in Secret Santa I would be sooooooooooooo tempted :twisted: :mrgreen: ... but don't think Mrs Al would want it in her house :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Hello everyone.
    redrock wrote:
    Hello everyone.

hello Your Loveliness. :D

extra long day at work (well, longer by 2 hours). had to come in early to help bossman change posters around the store. not the best part of working here, but also not the worst.

especially since today I get to take one of our mega-cool Wolverine posters home. 8-):mrgreen:
    ooOOoo the Euro boots are up! Are the fairies going to be doing their bit again this time? I'm looking at downloading Shepherd's bush (or should I get the cd?). What about everyone else?
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    redrock wrote:
    ooOOoo the Euro boots are up! Are the fairies going to be doing their bit again this time? I'm looking at downloading Shepherd's bush (or should I get the cd?). What about everyone else?

Ordered CD's for SBE / Manchester / O2...

Looking to pick up some of the other European shows + LA's / Philli's

Little un still tiring us out!! :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    UKDave wrote:
    s

Little un still tiring us out!! :roll:

Glad to hear she's doing her job properly !!! :lol:

oooOOOOOOooooooo BOOTS !!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!