Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    How about Tara, after the Hill of Tara where Samhain was celebrated? Or Samhain itself actually? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Jennytree wrote:
    How about Tara, after the Hill of Tara where Samhain was celebrated? Or Samhain itself actually? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain

Like the line of thinking ;)

I think we can rule out Samhain as we have a Sam already... not sure Tara goes with the surname... but definitely unusual in a good way!!

We were contemplating Martha or Lola quite seriously...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • UKDave wrote:
    Quick update folks...

Emma's waters broke last this morning (about 3am) so we headed down the hospital but no sign of labour yet... she's been kept in for high blood pressure and I've been kicked out until later this morning, may induce today or leave her 24 hours and then induce... fair chance on a Halloween baby!!! :thumbup:
    Ooohh good luck Dave, what about Eve, as in 'all hallows eve'? Is it definitely a girl? Moon??? :P After a bit of googling it seems Rhiannon and Willow are halloween names for girls. I like Rhiannon, but only really cos I love love love the song.

I wouldn't have known PJ were playing, only for the facebook updates :shock:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    morning . I like Tara its also a Hindu Goddess name
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_(Devi)
    Hazel use alot in wicken work and means tree!
    Elvira
    October
    Sabrina
    moon is nrly full too ! its a good time for birthing :mrgreen:

me and Herbie are going to Bristol today to join in with the Thriller Flashmob !! :lol::mrgreen: getting my zombie costume on shortly and heading off, Hope you all have a wonderfuly creepy and lovely Halloween
    some ppl take pumpkin carving too far !!
    http://www.dba-oracle.com/golf_travel/i ... _scary.jpg
    Amazing!

ooo dont forget Halloween is the end of the Pagan year (and therefore the beginning of a new year) and it's how the celebration of Halloween originated. so cast off your unwanted ways prepare to make new, welcome the dark time, the inner growth of deep winter, and pay respect to the ancestors for they WILL be watching !!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    UKDave wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Like the line of thinking ;)

I think we can rule out Samhain as we have a Sam already... not sure Tara goes with the surname... but definitely unusual in a good way!!

We were contemplating Martha or Lola quite seriously...

Martha was my pick for our second girl. only so i could play her the White Album... :oops:

now i play her Maybe I'm Amazed by Macca and she thinks its about her.. her name is Maisy

best of luck to the Dave clan!! 8-)8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    UKDave wrote:
    Quick update folks...

Emma's waters broke last this morning (about 3am) so we headed down the hospital but no sign of labour yet... she's been kept in for high blood pressure and I've been kicked out until later this morning, may induce today or leave her 24 hours and then induce... fair chance on a Halloween baby!!! :thumbup:
    Ooohh good luck Dave, what about Eve, as in 'all hallows eve'? Is it definitely a girl? Moon??? :P After a bit of googling it seems Rhiannon and Willow are halloween names for girls. I like Rhiannon, but only really cos I love love love the song.

I wouldn't have known PJ were playing, only for the facebook updates :shock:

Her sister in law is due about 2 weeks later and they've already gone for Evie so no go there... Emma really likes Willow but I'm not sure... Gotta go, need to be back down there for 10... :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    ooOoooo exciting Dave :D

I like Martha and Lola ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hello all!

exciting times Davey-boy, good luck with deciding the name. :mrgreen:

it's a beautiful day and I'm stuck at work. got me some new boots yesterday though so they're making me smile. :D what's not making me smile is the fact that I've got two 50 euro notes, two 20 euro notes and no tenners. a few fivers but I fear they'll be snatched away soon. :evil:

still, I'm in an oddly cheerful mood, as I have been for the past few days. :crazy: :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    DId anyone say Morganna or Morgane (pronounced Morg-ann). Good Halloween name!!!
    As V said, end of the Pagan year... new year starting - good beginnings for mini-me (whatever her name will be!)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~ CONGRATULASTIONS Dave ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:

Martha Rose... Sweet.... :D

Best wishes to all. Hope everything went as smoothly as possible and that mother and baby are well (Dad and brothers as well!)

Weight? Time of birth? etc.
    redrock wrote:
    V V wrote:

Martha Rose... Sweet.... :D

Best wishes to all. Hope everything went as smoothly as possible and that mother and baby are well (Dad and brothers as well!)

Weight? Time of birth? etc.

Just got back... 7 lb 12 oz... born 11.43am

Wouldn't describe it as smooth but all well and she's gorgeous (obviously!! :roll: )

Got there for 10 expecting her to be induced but they didn't start it until 3.30pm and then labour didn't properly kick in until 4am this morning, eventually delivered in the theatre by forceps, cord had wrapped round her neck and she'd got herself at an awkward angle. All involved were fantastic were very supportive and got her out pretty quick and Emma was a star throughout with little un relaxed and unfazed by the whole thing.... :thumbup:

Very observant already and taking everything in, already fed 3 times... time for feet up all round 8-)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Congrats Dave :D

Sounds like it got a little hectic there for a while but everything turned out perfectly ;)

Mother and baby home or being kept in overnight after all the excitement??? You know we'll be wanting photos :mrgreen:
    chime wrote:

Sounds like it got a little hectic there for a while but everything turned out perfectly ;)

Mother and baby home or being kept in overnight after all the excitement??? You know we'll be wanting photos :mrgreen:

Yeah they're in overnight, should be out tomorrow though... got some photos already but will take more tomorrow and I'm sure they'll make an appearance shortly ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:

Yeah they're in overnight, should be out tomorrow though... got some photos already but will take more tomorrow and I'm sure they'll make an appearance shortly ;)

congrats matey, hope you're all doing well... and getting some sleep... :lol: :roll:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Can't wait to see some pics of Martha Rose! xxxx

Just a thought.... Sam is now middle child. He will get middle child syndrome :o
    looking forward to pics, does she look like you Dave ??? :mrgreen:
    lovely name too. any Breastfeeding help/info needed just let me know !
    What's middle child syndrome then?? :roll:

...and V, Emma reckons she does yes but I think she's too pretty for that :oops:

and she might take you up on the offer although all seems to be going well so far!! :D

oh... all home now by the way 8-)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    What's middle child syndrome then?? :roll:

"The middle or second born child or children often have the sense of not belonging. They fight to receive attention from parents and others because they feel many times they are being ignored or dubbed off as being the same as another sibling. Being in the middle a child can feel insecure. The middle child often lacks drive and looks for direction from the first born child. Sometimes a middle child feels out of place because they are not over achievers and like to go with the flow of things. Being a middle child would mean they are loners. They really don’t like to latch on to a person in a relationship, there fore they have trouble keeping one due to lack of interest. "

But... on the other hand....

"They are however very artistic and creative. If forced to use abilities they will work well, but do not work well under pressure. They often start several projects but rarely keep focused long enough to finish a project. The best career move for a middle child would be along the lines of using their creative. Going into a writing or journalism career, and into a career that they could freely express themselves would be good. Anything that would have hours that are flexible, and projects that frequently changed would be good for a middle born child."

So just send lovely Sam to my house where he can be first born!!!

UKDave wrote:
    oh... all home now by the way 8-)

:D Brace yourself for that first year or so!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i am a midle child :roll:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Sam's 17 for ffs :roll:

I think he's too old for that kind of influence now!! :lol:

Well after a great first night in hospital, last night was a bit rougher... :?

I think we may have managed 3-4 hours sleep though, they're both crashed out... I've been cleaning before the mid wife arrives... wish she'd hurry up and get gone...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Sam's 17 for ffs :roll:
    I think he's too old for that kind of influence now!! :lol: .

You could still send him around at my place... . :)

UKDave wrote:
    Well after a great first night in hospital, last night was a bit rougher... :?

I think we may have managed 3-4 hours sleep though, they're both crashed out... I've been cleaning before the mid wife arrives... wish she'd hurry up and get gone...

First night at the hospital is always good!!!! Baby & mother tired....

Don't worry about cleaning for the midwife... they are used to thing being a bit messier as you have other priorities (do pick up the dirty socks and empty beer/wine bottles though!).

Must be a bit tough going through all of that again 17 years down the line!
    Yeah but the cats needed cleaning up after and hovering and floor cleaning etc

Could do with a kip now but will wait til next time madam goes down as if I go now it'll probably only be 30mins or so... :?

Sam needs to knuckle down and get his A level grades sorted... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    So she's already referred to as 'madam' :lol:

... A levels and nappies to deal with at the same time ... good luck! ;)
    chime wrote:

She wasn't until last night... ;) A Levels... nappies and David in China!! :roll:

How are you? Back at work?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:

She wasn't until last night... ;) A Levels... nappies and David in China!! :roll:

How are you? Back at work?

It took her less then two days ... I'm impressed :mrgreen:

Is David in China a stress?? I thought when I decided to go live in the States for a year just after I turned 16 it was a breeze for the 'rents :shifty: :P

Yep ... yesterday was first day back ... still a few small niggles but am on the mend
    UKDave wrote:
    Yeah but the cats needed cleaning up after and hovering and floor cleaning etc

Could do with a kip now but will wait til next time madam goes down as if I go now it'll probably only be 30mins or so... :?

Sam needs to knuckle down and get his A level grades sorted... ;)

A level grades.. GCSE grades.. bloody hard work and expectations from everyone!

Aahhh... cats... forgot about those sweeties :) Get a cleaner to help out. Get Emma to drink lots of wine then she can feed 'madam'. 'Madam' will then sleep well... (and to think that only yesterday she was still lovely Martha Rose!)

Pippa - good to hear you are well on the mend. Hope they are waiting on you at work, bringing you cups of tea and everything!
    Nah... she's still my lovely little girl ;)

David in China is fine to be honest, just return flight and xmas arrangements to think about really...

Glad to hear you're on the mend!! :)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    UKDave wrote:
    Got there for 10 expecting her to be induced but they didn't start it until 3.30pm and then labour didn't properly kick in until 4am this morning, eventually delivered in the theatre by forceps, cord had wrapped round her neck and she'd got herself at an awkward angle. All involved were fantastic were very supportive and got her out pretty quick and Emma was a star throughout with little un relaxed and unfazed by the whole thing.... :thumbup:

Very observant already and taking everything in, already fed 3 times... time for feet up all round 8-)

brilliant news Dave!!! In fact its the best news i've heard since the lady at work told me this morning that Greggs do a Bloomer sandwich, a jam donut... no ordinary holed donut i may add... a jammy donut!! AND... yes thats right.. AND... a 500ml bottle of fizzy pop... all of this for £2.99. I'm amazed by that. £3 meal deal...

where was I?

oh yes... congrats Dave!!!!!!!

p.s. would Martha prefer the egg & bacon bloomer or the tuna crunch?

p.p.s. why do americans call tuna, tuna fish... we all know tuna is a fish... i dont call steak, steak cow, or chicken bird.. pretty dumb that extra word... tuna fish.

p.p.p.s i move house in 3 and a bit weeks and i havent got a home to move out to!!! stresstatic! our new kitchen will have a wine chiller though... priorities and all that shite. :mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.