Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    redrock wrote:
    Hope all you 'Seattle' people are having a great time!

Free downloads with the CD... which ones? Shall we get different ones and see what the fairies can do?

I went for Halifax and Philli 05... got most of the 06 one's but would be interested in 08's... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'm sure we can sort something out Dave!
    redrock wrote:
    I'm sure we can sort something out Dave!

;) ... Right, gotta go... baby shopping... :roll:

edit: I meant baby equipment of course... not baby... :?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Page 2!!!!! Shocking!

Just listened to the backspacer'special on todayfm...she played 3 songs and said she'd gone of pj when they became so political but loves the album...great special hahaha!

I suppose it's good that they're playin pj on Irish radio!
    I need a coffee!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    UKDave wrote:
    edit: I meant baby equipment of course... not baby... :?

rrrrrrrright...! just for a moment i thought you were Madonna... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    redrock wrote:

Free downloads with the CD... which ones? Shall we get different ones and see what the fairies can do?

i'm kinda behind the times here... but i think i know what you're going on about...

so, if you buy Backspacer from 10c you can download 2 free bootlegs, is that right ? but they're from the 2005/2006 tours...? think i'd better go check 10c pages in more detail... or maybe just wait to be told what to do... :oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    HMV backspacer has the free downloads too...... just put the CD in your PC.

Good morning everyone!

Hope baby shopping was fruitful Dave!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    So what's everyone's favourite song/songs from Backspacer?

I really like 'Unthought Known', and 'Force of Nature'.
  • Byrnzie wrote:

i am right there with ya on that one.
    Got some as well, Matt and Jeff are awesome on it :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:

i'm kinda behind the times here... but i think i know what you're going on about...

so, if you buy Backspacer from 10c you can download 2 free bootlegs, is that right ? but they're from the 2005/2006 tours...? think i'd better go check 10c pages in more detail... or maybe just wait to be told what to do... :oops:

Mine arrived from HMV with a sticker on it saying something along the lines of 2 full concert downloads included free... If you put the disc in your pc and click on the correct icon it takes you to a list of concerts you can choose from, ranging from 05-08... 8-)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    redrock wrote:
    HMV backspacer has the free downloads too...... just put the CD in your PC.

Good morning everyone!

Hope baby shopping was fruitful Dave!

...ish had to order the Moses basket and stand we wanted... hopefully arrive later this week... :)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Byrnzie wrote:

i am right there with ya on that one.
    Got some as well, Matt and Jeff are awesome on it :)

Current favs are: Got Some, Fixer, Johnny Guitar, Just Breathe, Amongst The Waves & Force Of Nature.
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    UKDave wrote:
    Current favs are: Got Some, Fixer, Johnny Guitar, Just Breathe, Amongst The Waves & Force Of Nature.

Dave, how's your son getting on in Yiwu?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

Dave, how's your son getting on in Yiwu?

Yeah he's enjoying it, found his feet a bit now, about 3.5 months in, just trying to work out xmas plans... :?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    I am loving the WHOLE album. 8-)

Mainly because it stops Kids TV show theme tunes from going round my head all day :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I've only heard first 3 songs... put it into the car at lunchtime and thats all i heard! 2 of them i've already blimming heard anyway!! :mrgreen::lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    I've only heard first 3 songs... put it into the car at lunchtime and thats all i heard! 2 of them i've already blimming heard anyway!! :mrgreen::lol:

That is shocking....this album on first listen needs to be listened through...you've ruined the album for yourself and it can never be undone :lol:

No feck off and shave you bits 8-)
    I need a coffee!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Backspacer on Spotify! it's official now - I can listen to it! :mrgreen:

pre-ordered from 10C so will have to wait for a year or two for the actual CD. :roll: so here goes. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    Backspacer on Spotify! it's official now - I can listen to it! :mrgreen:

pre-ordered from 10C so will have to wait for a year or two for the actual CD. :roll: so here goes. 8-)

<3
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Irish Al wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

That is shocking....this album on first listen needs to be listened through...you've ruined the album for yourself and it can never be undone :lol:

No feck off and shave you bits 8-)

i've got as far as number 6...

indoor footie tonight, then kids stuff to sort, then spoke to my friend on the phone for a bit... and now i'm off to look at 70s smut.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    'morning all!
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all!

Morning ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    still not got past song 6... its not doing much for me i have to admit... just sounds 'good'

I will have to really sit down one night with some red wine, my good headphones and play it on repeat 4 or 5 times... thats how i usually immerse myself into an album. Listening to it in the car for 3 songs each way probably wasnt the best wat to start off! :roll:

I'm comparing it to music i've just bought again (The BEatles) which was recorded over 40 years ago.. and the Beatles stuff 'sounds' better... Backspacer just sounds like a nice loud fast record.. so far...

It'll grow on me...

I wasnt that taken with the Avocado album last time either... but i sort of got into it... still never play it these days though.

still the best live band ever, but i'm beginning to wonder if the magic is wearing off for me?
    dunkman wrote:
    still not got past song 6... its not doing much for me i have to admit... just sounds 'good'

I will have to really sit down one night with some red wine, my good headphones and play it on repeat 4 or 5 times... thats how i usually immerse myself into an album. Listening to it in the car for 3 songs each way probably wasnt the best wat to start off! :roll:

I'm comparing it to music i've just bought again (The BEatles) which was recorded over 40 years ago.. and the Beatles stuff 'sounds' better... Backspacer just sounds like a nice loud fast record.. so far...

It'll grow on me...

I wasnt that taken with the Avocado album last time either... but i sort of got into it... still never play it these days though.

still the best live band ever, but i'm beginning to wonder if the magic is wearing off for me?

It's certainly got a "different" feel to it. I like it, I'm not sure however, it will have the same lasting appeal as some of the earlier albums as there doesn't seem to be a great depth to it.

There's been an alternative listing that someone suggested in one of the other threads that I'm going to give a try:
    1. Got Some 2. Supersonic 3. The Fixer 4. Gonna See My Friend 5. Just Breathe 6. Amongst The Waves 7. Unthought Known 8. Johnny Guitar 9. Speed Of Sound 10. Force of Nature 11. The End.

Which looks quite interesting 8-)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    dunkman wrote:

It'll grow on me...

Told ya :roll:

Interesting is right dave, must try that meself ;)
    I need a coffee!
    eMMI wrote:

that's the empty cup i'm in too... :( ;)

will. resist. urge. to. listen. online. :roll:
  • Any word from Jen? How did she got on at the gig?
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Got the album last night (from Sainsburys of all places!) and haven't stopped playing it.

A couple of songs have brought me to tears due to recent events but I'm absolutely loving it! The only songs i'd say i'm suspect of are Johnny Guitar and Gonna See My Friend. I'll learn to love 'em though, i'm sure... hey, at least they're not Big Wave eh? ;)

Just breathe, Speed of Sound and Amongst The Waves are favourite at the minute.

/review.

:mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Got the album last night (from Sainsburys of all places!) and haven't stopped playing it.

A couple of songs have brought me to tears due to recent events but I'm absolutely loving it! The only songs i'd say i'm suspect of are Johnny Guitar and Gonna See My Friend. I'll learn to love 'em though, i'm sure... hey, at least they're not Big Wave eh? ;)

Just breathe, Speed of Sound and Amongst The Waves are favourite at the minute.

/review.

:mrgreen:

Would love to hear 'em live.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Got some fever if yous need it. :?