Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    UKDave wrote:
    There's been an alternative listing that someone suggested in one of the other threads that I'm going to give a try:
    1. Got Some 2. Supersonic 3. The Fixer 4. Gonna See My Friend 5. Just Breathe 6. Amongst The Waves 7. Unthought Known 8. Johnny Guitar 9. Speed Of Sound 10. Force of Nature 11. The End.

Which looks quite interesting 8-)

It actually works pretty well, still not quite getting Unthought Known or Speed Of Sound but loving/liking the rest 8-)

edit: You poorly Emmi? I've got to go back to work tomorrow... :(
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    UKDave wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

It actually works pretty well, still not quite getting Unthought Known or Speed Of Sound but loving/liking the rest 8-)

Really didnt think I'd like SOS but I find myself humming it an aweful lot 8-)

Can I take a week off too.... :( , I know I shouldn't complain, as I have a job, but right now its bloody tough going :?

Ems get better soon ;)

Sian, hope you're doing ok too 8-) oh and Johnny Guitar ROCKS :D
    I need a coffee!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    edited September 2009
    UKDave wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    There's been an alternative listing that someone suggested in one of the other threads that I'm going to give a try:
    1. Got Some 2. Supersonic 3. The Fixer 4. Gonna See My Friend 5. Just Breathe 6. Amongst The Waves 7. Unthought Known 8. Johnny Guitar 9. Speed Of Sound 10. Force of Nature 11. The End.

Which looks quite interesting 8-)

I might have to try that order later today. :) I still love every song on this album. :D
    UKDave wrote:

slight fever and a headache. :( day off though so not too bad. I just never get sick, so this blows. good thing this stuff usually goes past quite fast, so fingers crossed I'll be right as rain tomorrow.

don't like the fact that I can't make it to Spanish class though. *thumbs down*

edit: so is your snoozer a-okay now?
    Post edited by eMMI on
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Irish Al wrote:
    Really didnt think I'd like SOS but I find myself humming it an aweful lot 8-)

Can I take a week off too.... :( , I know I shouldn't complain, as I have a job, but right now its bloody tough going :?

Ems get better soon ;)

thank ju brudda. :) hope I will!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Got the album last night (from Sainsburys of all places!) and haven't stopped playing it.

A couple of songs have brought me to tears due to recent events but I'm absolutely loving it! The only songs i'd say i'm suspect of are Johnny Guitar and Gonna See My Friend. I'll learn to love 'em though, i'm sure... hey, at least they're not Big Wave eh? ;)

Just breathe, Speed of Sound and Amongst The Waves are favourite at the minute.

/review.

:mrgreen:

Would love to hear 'em live.

next year... :D

*fingers, toes, arms, legs all crossed*
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Just saw an advert for Backspacer on TV!
    redrock wrote:
    Just saw an advert for Backspacer on TV!

and I just saw the Fixer video!! on a Finnish music channel!! :o:mrgreen:
  • nice day in Sydney this morning
    good day for alergies and astmah!
    8432_177885090728_744070728_4106365_4636271_n.jpg

that is looking toward the sydney CBD

DUST STORM!!!! 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Wow Soupy.... how freaky! And in Sydney! It's even been on the news here!

Good Morning all....

Never seen so much PJ on TV!
  • Irish Al wrote:

I'm well thank you... et tu? :)

Johnny Guitar = my least favourite so far. Sorry. :?
    redrock wrote:
    Wow Soupy.... how freaky! And in Sydney! It's even been on the news here!

Good Morning all....

Never seen so much PJ on TV!
    Good morning lovely Rita :D

I haven't seen ANY PJ on TV! :o Mind you, I hardly watch TV :oops: The nearest I've got to seeing any advertising is seeing 'Backspacer' in font 12 sized letters in the new releases list in Sainsburys... it's not even listed in Tescos... they have denied it's existence... that makes me sad. :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm still aliiiive, yeeeah... and so on...

I'm just home from the 2nd show. Tonight was much better than last night (and they didn't play Alive or Even Flow :lol: )

I've had such a great time, really really good fun and I've met some great people (as well as hangin' with the usual awesome folk). The pre-parties were amazing (poor FoxyMop has no voice left from all the raffles!). I've yet to meet another Irish person here so I've been reprezentin' goodo for the "Eire" :roll: :lol: It was bloody hot today too, reminded me of New York last year and Berlin this year. I HATE the seated shows though, the atmosphere is just cut in half by it but ye make what ye can out of it.

And now to the important part... the setlists! Just Breathe is MAGICAL live. They brought in their own little orchestra, and gave it socks both nights. Last night the did Just Breathe into The End into Inside Job - just fabulous, tonight they replaced Inside Job with Black and it was also quite good. No Way isn't all that good live, but from what I remember they only repeated maybe four songs(?) from last night... thats one reason why this band is so great! Also got to hear Amongst the Waves, Johnny Guitar, Unthought Known (which is MUCH better live), Gonna See My Friend... and of course Supersonic(s), The Fixer and Got Some which you have all been there for... only two songs from Backspacer left to hear live! Good goin' for an album only released!

I'm rambling... wish you were here!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm still aliiiive, yeeeah... and so on...

I'm just home from the 2nd show. Tonight was much better than last night (and they didn't play Alive or Even Flow :lol: )

I've had such a great time, really really good fun and I've met some great people (as well as hangin' with the usual awesome folk). The pre-parties were amazing (poor FoxyMop has no voice left from all the raffles!). I've yet to meet another Irish person here so I've been reprezentin' goodo for the "Eire" :roll: :lol: It was bloody hot today too, reminded me of New York last year and Berlin this year. I HATE the seated shows though, the atmosphere is just cut in half by it but ye make what ye can out of it.

And now to the important part... the setlists! Just Breathe is MAGICAL live. They brought in their own little orchestra, and gave it socks both nights. Last night the did Just Breathe into The End into Inside Job - just fabulous, tonight they replaced Inside Job with Black and it was also quite good. No Way isn't all that good live, but from what I remember they only repeated maybe four songs(?) from last night... thats one reason why this band is so great! Also got to hear Amongst the Waves, Johnny Guitar, Unthought Known (which is MUCH better live), Gonna See My Friend... and of course Supersonic(s), The Fixer and Got Some which you have all been there for... only two songs from Backspacer left to hear live! Good goin' for an album only released!

I'm rambling... wish you were here!
    I met you last night smoking in the beer garden at the top of the steps!! Hey Jenny!! :D
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Woohoo for the Jenny!!! :mrgreen:

Glad you're having an amazing time and thanks for taking time out to give us a little review :) On The End did any other members of the band join Ed??

How much longer is your trip??

We wish we were there too ;) :oops: :twisted:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I met you last night smoking in the beer garden at the top of the steps!! Hey Jenny!! :D

You say it like I wouldn't remember you! Hello again! :D
    chime wrote:

Glad you're having an amazing time and thanks for taking time out to give us a little review :) On The End did any other members of the band join Ed??

Boom was on stage with him and the violinistists. The whole band were there for Just Breathe.

I go home on Friday morning, I reach Dublin on Saturday morning... it'll be a looong day! Meeting some peeps I met yesterday for another piss up tomorrow then off to AiC on Thursday in the Moore Theatre! Rock ooon! :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:
    chime wrote:

Boom was on stage with him and the violinistists. The whole band were there for Just Breathe.

I go home on Friday morning, I reach Dublin on Saturday morning... it'll be a looong day! Meeting some peeps I met yesterday for another piss up tomorrow then off to AiC on Thursday in the Moore Theatre! Rock ooon! :D

Was wondering how some of the ITW stylie tracks would work live and wondered if The End would be like SBE so thanks for the update.

A piss up ... who'd have thunk it :? :geek:

AiC will be amazing too :mrgreen::D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    hello everyone not stopping want to say I LOVE YOU ALL big hug to Jen safe trip home XXXX
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    yey Jennylicious! glad you're having a good time. :mrgreen:

I'm feeling much better today than yesterday, even though my morning started with washing my pyjama bottoms (that had been on the floor, wasn't wearing them) after miss cat peed on them. she'd shut herself out of the bathroom during the night it seems. :roll: well, at least she didn't pee on the rug.

funny thing, I'm listening to my Pearl Jam playlist on Spotify (only around 5 hours long :D ) and an ad for Backspacer came on. :mrgreen: it was so funny I nearly choked myself laughing. and coughing. :geek:

hehe. hope you're all fine!! xxx

PS. soupy, read about the dust storm aswell. freaky.
    Jenny!!!! Wish we were with you too!!! Seems you are having a fab time :D Enjoy AIC. xxx

Listening to the O2 boot... can't believe they played Release Me without me being there :(
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    No Way isn't all that good live...

yes, well, i think i'd like to be given the opportunity to decide that FOR MYSELF!!!!!! thankyou very much :roll: :lol:

if it's just meh then i'd like to be there to know it's just meh... and youtube doesn't count...

lucky cow!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    redrock wrote:
    Jenny!!!! Wish we were with you too!!! Seems you are having a fab time :D Enjoy AIC. xxx

Listening to the O2 boot... can't believe they played Release Me without me being there :(

I can't believe it either. *shakes fist* the bastards!! :evil:

there will be other times. there must! :)
    What is this doing on page 2?

'morning all.
    we is slackers !!!!

arrrrrrrr cant wait for a year or more to here this stuff LIVE in the FLESH thats just not fair !!!!

1st day I can play it without anyone else home so believe me its on FUCKING LOUD !!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha :lol:
    nothing like them Pearl Jam tingles
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    So the black stuff(aka Guinness) is 250 years old today, celebrations are planned all over the world, the biggest here in Dublin (tons of big name bands are booked to play gigs in unannounced venues around the capital) so at 17.59 (GMT) you gotta be in your local to raise a glass of the black stuff!
    to Arthur!!
    :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

It kinda is just an excuse but the marketing has been incredible..this is funny :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ryfKAKyMQ
    :shock: :shock: dont know which free download to choooose !!!!! help me

Same here V... I was suggesting that we download different ones and have the fairies do the rounds.... Still doesn't help me deciding which ones! Suggestions people?
    yeah thats what I was thinking, need to know whos got what !! ???
    come on Dcrew get it sorted ! :D
    edited September 2009
    its that "way" ed screams "rhinestones" that gives me shivers down the spine and is a pearl jam orgasmic moment :D
    Post edited by V V on
    V V wrote:
    its that "way" ed screams "rhinestones" that gives me shivers down the spine and is a pearl jam orgasmic moment :D

yes. my goodness me, yes! :oops: :D
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well crewers!

Lil bro d/l'd 2 gigs, think camden and NY, which I'm sure could be disseminated 8-)

Just watchin a prog called Alone in the Wild, this dude goes off to try and live in alaska on his own, lasts 51 days but goes mental, missing family etc....savage...fair play to him :?

Love ya all..still no backspacer :evil:
    I need a coffee!
    Good morning everyone. Friday :D

Must have a good look at the shows available. I'll probably look at good one with Oceans or Garden (or both) as I REALLY want to hear those songs live (the bastards did Release at the O2 :evil:) Will not download Camden and NY ;) How's lil' bro Al?

Watched at bit of Alone in the Wild... G was not impressed: "who's he trying to copy, hmph..." and promptly went to her room to watch Into the Wild!

Ladies... there are a lot of PJ orgasmic moments :lol: