Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    jrd wrote:
    last night was fantastic, great meeting up with everyone, shame i had to leg it after only a swift pint afterwards but made it home eventually. probably just aw well i couldn't stay longer... now can't tell if i'm hungover, or just old and unfit. or both. :D

must do this again sometime... ;)

should have stuck with the oj john, or just a shandy
    that fosters is deadly stuff
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I'm all excited for next week now but have noidea what the plans are ???
    Jen/Helen where are we staying ??? :lol: i've booked me train will get to london 1130ish then what???
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    jrd wrote:
    last night was fantastic, great meeting up with everyone, shame i had to leg it after only a swift pint afterwards but made it home eventually. probably just aw well i couldn't stay longer... now can't tell if i'm hungover, or just old and unfit. or both. :D

must do this again sometime... ;)

should have stuck with the oj john, or just a shandy
    that fosters is deadly stuff

it was that last pint that Al forced me to neck before i legged it for the tube after the show... must have been a dodgy pint... :P
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Foook me...missed my last train home, so ended up going back to the venue...and getting Stone and Boom's signatures instead!!!!

Brilliant brilliant gig. Beats the Astoria, hands down. Felt more like a proper set...ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER?! Oh my god!!!

Must go lie down!

Thank you again Al for giving me Mike's pic...I hope some poor sod gave you a poster tube in the end!!!! :lol:
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    hi folks

just read on www.thetruth.org.uk that the Astoria was the best show ever and that clearly the euphoria of a more recent small-ish show is playing with peoples memories..

i say it all the time.. "mmm that was the best burger ever" when technically it wasnt... its just that i've just eaten it and i can remember the flavour better... but it wasnt the best burger ever...

Astoria
    Apr 20, 2006
    Set 1

* World Wide Suicide
    * Life Wasted
    * Severed Hand
    * Unemployable
    * Gone
    * Even Flow
    * Sad
    * I Am Mine
    * Insignificance
    * Army Reserve
    * Present Tense
    * Better Man
    * Marker In The Sand
    * Do The Evolution
    * Why Go

Encore 1

* Man Of The Hour
    * Given To Fly
    * Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    * Porch

Encore 2

* Comatose
    * Leaving Here
    * Yellow Ledbetter

Encore 3

* Alive

;););)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    hi folks

just read on http://www.thetruth.org.uk that the Astoria was the best show ever and that clearly the euphoria of a more recent small-ish show is playing with peoples memories..

i say it all the time.. "mmm that was the best burger ever" when technically it wasnt... its just that i've just eaten it and i can remember the flavour better... but it wasnt the best burger ever...

Astoria
    Apr 20, 2006
    Set 1

* World Wide Suicide
    * Life Wasted
    * Severed Hand
    * Unemployable
    * Gone
    * Even Flow
    * Sad
    * I Am Mine
    * Insignificance
    * Army Reserve
    * Present Tense
    * Better Man
    * Marker In The Sand
    * Do The Evolution
    * Why Go

Encore 1

* Man Of The Hour
    * Given To Fly
    * Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    * Porch

Encore 2

* Comatose
    * Leaving Here
    * Yellow Ledbetter

Encore 3

* Alive

;););)

nah, not enough rare songs to be considered a classic... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:

and the only rare songs from last night were covers... 3 of them... and i see no 3rd encore??? whats with that? ;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    jrd wrote:

and the only rare songs from last night were covers... 3 of them... and i see no 3rd encore??? whats with that? ;);)

ah wuz only joking... :D just following on from some of the comments about last night's setlist being disappointing becasue of the lack of rare songs and the number they also played in Calgary... :roll:

anyway, on a MUCH more interesting subject... after my distinct lack of success in getting a ticket from Seatwave, today i received an email saying
    Unfortunately the seller of your order can no longer provide tickets for
    this sale. As a result and in line with our Ticket Integrity promise we had
    to cancel this order and look to source an alternative ticket on your
    behalf, however this has not been possible and we will not be able to
    provide tickets for this transaction. This being the case we will now issue
    you with a full refund for this order which will be placed back onto the
    card used to confirm the order within the next ten working days. Please note
    given what has happened the seller will not receive payment for this sale
    and may also face being blacklisted from using our website.
    don't know why it takes up to 10 days to refund the money but at least i shouldn't be out of pocket so will have money for beers in Manchester...!
    yay really glad u got ur money back :)
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Right, I have 3 fanmade Shep Bush pin badges left. PM if you would like one. First come first served.

I expect a pint of shandy (coz I'm a lightweight) at manchester or london

Taaaaa

EDIT:::All gone :)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    V V wrote:
    Jen/Helen where are we staying ??? :lol: i've booked me train will get to london 1130ish then what???

I booked the Docklands Travelodge! I'll get into London at about half 12, then will probably head to dump the bags in after! V, do you need to do a baggage drop before the show?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    V V wrote:

I booked the Docklands Travelodge! I'll get into London at about half 12, then will probably head to dump the bags in after! V, do you need to do a baggage drop before the show?

you probably know but you cant drop off luggage until after 3pm remember... just in case you were planning to.
    ooOOOoooo fancy new "backspace" look going on :D

umm bugger cos dumping bags wld be great. *goes to check out web site*

"Early Check-in and Late Check-out service available at this hotel.
    Please pre-book by selecting each service from the Extras page when booking." oh, wonder if u cld change it to check in early and how much that is?? or maybe you did already! :D

V V wrote:

For security reasons we are unable to offer a left luggage service.

if you've paid the extra £10 to get in from 12 then you're ok... otherwise its 3pm... it'll be on page 16 of my new Travelodge book once i've finished it
    dunkman wrote:
    V V wrote:

For security reasons we are unable to offer a left luggage service.

if you've paid the extra £10 to get in from 12 then you're ok... otherwise its 3pm... it'll be on page 16 of my new Travelodge book once i've finished it

so kind of you to write it for them !!! arrrr ok i'll have either hope jen has booked that or travell super light = toothbrush and clean knickers only !!!! :lol:

are you staying at this one dunkie ?
    V V wrote:
    so kind of you to write it for them !!! arrrr ok i'll have either hope jen has booked that or travell super light = toothbrush and clean knickers only !!!! :lol:

aye... but i have a cunning plan.

although the tickets can be picked up from 12pm there is, in my opinion, no point in doing that and then queuing for 6 hours... so i'll be meeting the others in the pub until maybe 4pm.. then going to hotel and checking in... then going to the o2 and getting my tickets and having a laugh... then watching the show.

were you planning on going to the o2 that early? i mean before 3pm?
    dunkman wrote:
    V V wrote:

although the tickets can be picked up from 12pm there is, in my opinion, no point in doing that and then queuing for 6 hours... so i'll be meeting the others in the pub until maybe 4pm.. then going to hotel and checking in... then going to the o2 and getting my tickets and having a laugh... then watching the show.

haven't planned anything yet just all a bit over excited from tuesday :mrgreen:
    I will go with the flow !

is the Mrs coming with ya ?
    V V wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    V V wrote:

haven't planned anything yet just all a bit over excited from tuesday :mrgreen:
    I will go with the flow !

is the Mrs coming with ya ?

nah, the kids go back to school on the Wednesday so she's passing on it this time... but she's making me a packed lunch and i'll have clean socks. ;)

i'm getting really excited... i even dreamed of meeting Eddie last night but he called me a.. and i quote.. a 'shitbag' for blocking his way to the toilet... so i went in after him to speak to him and then i woke up or i cant remember... but i was quite annoyed he called me a shitbag... but then it took me 20 minutes to realise it was a dream.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    dunkman wrote:

nah, the kids go back to school on the Wednesday so she's passing on it this time... but she's making me a packed lunch and i'll have clean socks. ;)

i'm getting really excited... i even dreamed of meeting Eddie last night but he called me a.. and i quote.. a 'shitbag' for blocking his way to the toilet... so i went in after him to speak to him and then i woke up or i cant remember... but i was quite annoyed he called me a shitbag... but then it took me 20 minutes to realise it was a dream.[/quote]

Are you sure it wasn't shit bag with a question mark? ;) Maybe he didn't approve of your toiletry habits...

Bring on Monday!!! :shock:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    ooo i've dance practise monday but as soon as i'm in i'll be GLUED to the setlist !
    V V wrote:
    ooo i've dance practise monday but as soon as i'm in i'll be GLUED to the setlist !

you not doing Manchester then V?

i know you've probably told me that.. see you in London!!
    dunkman wrote:
    V V wrote:

sadly no, said I cant aford it and then pushed my luck with £££ and went to the bush so I got to be good!!!! :( ~ still 2 tuesday in a row is pretty darn sexy ! :lol:

btw us ladies haven't got round to discussing just how sexy mister Vedder was looking !! his Arms in particular :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    V V wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    V V wrote:

sadly no, said I cant aford it and then pushed my luck with £££ and went to the bush so I got to be good!!!! :( ~ still 2 tuesday in a row is pretty darn sexy ! :lol:

btw us ladies haven't got round to discussing just how sexy mister Vedder was looking !! his Arms in particular :mrgreen::mrgreen:

oh yeah, forgot to ask, did you get a look at his bald patch from your bird's eye view...? ;)
    edited August 2009
    jrd wrote:
    V V wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

oh yeah, forgot to ask, did you get a look at his bald patch from your bird's eye view...? ;)

oh yeah I did check it out AND ...................................... nothing no patch.
    still full head o hair but def. receding and thinning :( ~ I'd still shag the living day lights out of him even if there were a bold patch ! :lol:
    Post edited by V V on
    V V wrote:
    jrd wrote:

oh yeah I did check it out AND ...................................... nothing no patch.
    still full head o hair but def. receding and thinning :( ~ I'd still shag the living day lights out of him even if there where a bold patch ! :lol:

:o:o:o:o:o

:roll:

:D:lol:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    V V wrote:

I haven't booked the early time thingy, but I would like to get rid of my bag as soon as I get to London as it is a bit of a monster. I don't mind paying it anyway, had to do the same on Monday.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    V V wrote:

I haven't booked the early time thingy, but I would like to get rid of my bag as soon as I get to London as it is a bit of a monster. I don't mind paying it anyway, had to do the same on Monday.

yeah lets do it ! :D
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I'm leaving tomorrooooowwwwwwwwww! 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hey it was great seeing you all on Tuesday I cannot begin to describethe night...(well I did in the fanview!!!)

thanks to all for a great night and heres to Monday!!

Dunk I'm liking your plan, was just sayin to the missus that we should get rid of the bags and hit el pubo ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hey it was great seeing you all on Tuesday I cannot begin to describethe night...(well I did in the fanview!!!)

thanks to all for a great night and heres to Monday!!

Dunk I'm liking your plan, was just sayin to the missus that we should get rid of the bags and hit el pubo ;)

i'm beginning to think my 'going in to work' plan for Tuesday might change to dropping the bag off and heading down the Market Porter etc etc... ;) though that depends on how my internal organs are feeling after Monday night... :D