Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Irish Al wrote:
    Well kids, against all my protestations...some young upstart of a lass has sorted me out with a ticket :roll: ;):D

So like JENNIFER I too am looking for a couch (and can someone tell me how easy it is to get to Gatwick, my flight home is at 8.45 am :shock: :o :shock: ).

Am trying for tix tomorrow also for my crew hommies 8-)

:twisted:

Surprise surprise :lol:
    i could see through you the whole time Al :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Irish Al wrote:
    Well kids, against all my protestations...some young upstart of a lass has sorted me out with a ticket :roll: ;):D

So like JENNIFER I too am looking for a couch (and can someone tell me how easy it is to get to Gatwick, my flight home is at 8.45 am :shock: :o :shock: ).

Surprise surprise :lol:
    i could see through you the whole time Al :lol:

But my disguise was so watertight...well it was tight anyway ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    UKDave wrote:
    Level 2 Rita, don't know the venue at all, guess it's pretty small anyway but I recall you saying level 2 might cause whooziness!! :roll: :lol:

Doesn't have to be high to cause whooziness for me! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Al doesn't like to fly alone so, being the good friend that I am, have offered to fly over with him.
    So..... people with spares today, "would someone please think of the children" and help me with a ticket!!!

55mins to go. :? :cry:
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:

you know she'll get you to do bad stuff for that ticket... i'm talking gerbils and everything.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Irish Al wrote:

NOW i'm depressed... ;)

ooh, Al, buddy, pal, mate, handsomest dud in the world...etc etc... :roll: 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Sold out

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK :evil:
    Sold out

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK :evil:

in my basket... proceed to secure checkout... then...0 left. SOLD OUT. :( :(

i'm so depressed it's unreal.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Got some!!!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
    What a load of cheesy cock endness :(

Dunk....hmmmmmmm interesting :lol:

All please tell me you saw my dunk comment on the SBE lotto thread..I thought it was a classic but just got swallowed up in the madness :P
    I need a coffee!
    Got some!!!

*sigh*
    spares...? ;)

:(
    jrd wrote:
    Got some!!!

*sigh*
    spares...? ;)

Would you go ebay route?? Theirry Henry would go splits for standing tix?
    I need a coffee!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Al wrote:

don't do it, maaan... fight the power, damn the man, don't sell out etc etc...

tbh, I would probably go to ebay :roll:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    Got some!!!

*sigh*
    spares...? ;)

Will grovel for spares first, but if all else fails i might/will be up for that..
    Well its done already, Thierry Henry just went halfers with justinbed for a pair of standing tix £300 between them....I fucking hate ebay....fuckers :evil: ...but at least he's there ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    I'll just wait and see if spare's come up. I really wish I could affored to fork out £150 but there's no chance. :(
    What the fuck is this world?
    Murderers wrote:
    I'll just wait and see if spare's come up. I really wish I could affored to fork out £150 but there's no chance. :(

I think for him its more a case of "I'll find the money from somewhere, sell lung, limb, heart, soul for a ticket"

Its just shite that the people on this board get shit on time and time again and all we want to do is just share a special evening with the band/friends we love :roll:
    I need a coffee!
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Irish Al wrote:
    Murderers wrote:

I think for him its more a case of "I'll find the money from somewhere, sell lung, limb, heart, soul for a ticket"

Its just shite that the people on this board get shit on time and time again and all we want to do is just share a special evening with the band/friends we love :roll:
    I know man, I know. :(

I don't understand how the ticketing system could be so bad this time around though...especially for a venue and gig of this stature. They really fucked up this time.
    What the fuck is this world?
    Irish Al wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    Got some!!!

*sigh*
    spares...? ;)

if i had to :(

and if i could hide any evidence of the price i paid from the missus..!!! :oops:

plus i don't know if i can trust the cnuts who are selling...
    Will grovel for spares first, but if all else fails i might/will be up for that..

waddya think, Rob...? you up for it if it's not - no, i can't say "too expensive" at this point - too sickeningly expensive ? :(
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Guys, it may be best to wait maybe a day or two to think about how much you can afford to spend. It's very easy to get wrapped up in this whole thing and I dunnae want ye all to do something silly like pay HUNDRED's for a ticket - think about it, see if it will really be worth it for you!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Guys, it may be best to wait maybe a day or two to think about how much you can afford to spend. It's very easy to get wrapped up in this whole thing and I dunnae want ye all to do something silly like pay HUNDRED's for a ticket - think about it, see if it will really be worth it for you!

i hear ye!

man, i gotta go to this darned show having missed the bleedin' Astoria. but ican't afford hundreds of pounds just for a couple of hours with some idiots twanging strings and hitting drums with sticks. can i ? :oops:

still don't understand how Ticketmaster can be associated with GetMeIn which is blatant touting - probably TM selling it's own tickets at vastly inflated prices. grrrr...

i'm going for a swim... need to burn off some pent-up frustration and bile...
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    wait till the day, wait till the show starts, miss a few songs and if the scalping cnuts have any left you might get em cheap!
    scalpers make so much $$$$$ right after an event sells out because people want to be there and will pay anything
    whatever you do, dont let the scum win!!!!!! shelling out 300 quid for a pair is letting them win!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    i know i should wait... i know i should wait... i know i should wait... i know i should wait... ;)
  • wait till the day, wait till the show starts, miss a few songs and if the scalping cnuts have any left you might get em cheap!
    scalpers make so much $$$$$ right after an event sells out because people want to be there and will pay anything
    whatever you do, dont let the scum win!!!!!! shelling out 300 quid for a pair is letting them win!!

I couldn't agree more - if we continue to buy at their over inflated prices then we encourage them to keep on doing it...
    Bloody hell 'crew'... didn't fare very well!!!! I managed to get two via the disabled bookings but going through the 'normal' channels, nothing.

Also guys... remember Astoria? A number of you got tix at the door..... Don't despair!
    redrock wrote:
    Bloody hell 'crew'... didn't fare very well!!!! I managed to get two via the disabled bookings but going through the 'normal' channels, nothing.

Also guys... remember Astoria? A number of you got tix at the door..... Don't despair!

don't think i can spare the time to hang around the box office all day on the chance that they release a few tickets... already taking time off for Manchester and London, and then off on holiday for 2 weeks after that! ;)

hmmm... there is my ISA sitting there, doing nothing, taunting me...
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:

don't think i can spare the time to hang around the box office all day on the chance that they release a few tickets... already taking time off for Manchester and London, and then off on holiday for 2 weeks after that! ;)

hmmm... there is my ISA sitting there, doing nothing, taunting me...

They don't open until 4.00pm I think... so not all day!
  • dbk06dbk06 Posts: 64
    HI ALL

missed out now contemplating stupid money places!!!

does anyone know if general admission counts as floor standing!!???

been there few times actually one of the few places where upstairs is quite cool nice access to bars good views so you lot with level2 etc should have a great time
    dbk06 wrote:
    HI ALL

missed out now contemplating stupid money places!!!

does anyone know if general admission counts as floor standing!!???

been there few times actually one of the few places where upstairs is quite cool nice access to bars good views so you lot with level2 etc should have a great time

don't know for sure, but there seems to be various categories of GA for this one... GA in the stalls is defo the floor, but then there's GA on levels 1 and above, some GA (unreserved) seating, some GA standing at the back of the upper levels... so buyer beware, i guess ;)