Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Bloody hell 'crew'... didn't fare very well!!!! I managed to get two via the disabled bookings but going through the 'normal' channels, nothing.

Also guys... remember Astoria? A number of you got tix at the door..... Don't despair!

don't think i can spare the time to hang around the box office all day on the chance that they release a few tickets... already taking time off for Manchester and London, and then off on holiday for 2 weeks after that! ;)

hmmm... there is my ISA sitting there, doing nothing, taunting me...

They don't open until 4.00pm I think... so not all day!

ah, but there'll probably be a queue of people with the same idea so best to get there early, eh... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • dbk06dbk06 Posts: 64
    jrd wrote:
    dbk06 wrote:
    HI ALL

missed out now contemplating stupid money places!!!

does anyone know if general admission counts as floor standing!!???

been there few times actually one of the few places where upstairs is quite cool nice access to bars good views so you lot with level2 etc should have a great time

don't know for sure, but there seems to be various categories of GA for this one... GA in the stalls is defo the floor, but then there's GA on levels 1 and above, some GA (unreserved) seating, some GA standing at the back of the upper levels... so buyer beware, i guess ;)

Yeah thought so cheers chap
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jrd wrote:
    dbk06 wrote:
    HI ALL

been there few times actually one of the few places where upstairs is quite cool nice access to bars good views so you lot with level2 etc should have a great time

don't know for sure, but there seems to be various categories of GA for this one... GA in the stalls is defo the floor, but then there's GA on levels 1 and above, some GA (unreserved) seating, some GA standing at the back of the upper levels... so buyer beware, i guess ;)

I think it's all GA. Seating is unreserved therefore GA. Stalls is standing, levels 1, 2 & 3 sitting + standing at the back.

But Don... aren't you one of the ones that got an Astoria at the door?
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    dbk06 wrote:
    HI ALL

I think it's all GA. Seating is unreserved therefore GA. Stalls is standing, levels 1, 2 & 3 sitting + standing at the back.

But Don... aren't you one of the ones that got an Astoria at the door?

no on the general, cant see there be many if any on the door!!!
    might be wrong how many were on the door at astoria??
    anyone know?
    BTW... I have a bit of bed space. For those travelling to Gatwick first thing, this may not be ideal because I live Heathrow way! Also, if you are allergic to cats, don't even bother....

PM me if you want a place to crash.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dbk06 wrote:
    anyone know?

Don I was one of the people who got a ticket on the door at Astoria. We were told by staff that there were 50.

There were strange things going on that day as some tickets had been stolen from the venue and don't know if that led to them issuing more/less on the door than they were planning :?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Hey Rita - have you seen these pix here and here ?

how high up are you...? ;)

photos are from this thread
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    edited July 2009
    Level 2... no wonder couldn't get any Level 1's... all VIP + guest area!

We'll get early entry so I'm gonna bagsie the front row in the middle!!!
    Post edited by redrock on
    Chime wrote:
    dbk06 wrote:
    anyone know?

Don I was one of the people who got a ticket on the door at Astoria. We were told by staff that there were 50.

There were strange things going on that day as some tickets had been stolen from the venue and don't know if that led to them issuing more/less on the door than they were planning :?

thanks pip
    i have emailed them to try to find out dont suppose i will get a response though
    kept telling myself all week it was quite possible i would miss out so not to get too jerked off
    but it didnt work i will be there in some capacity im sure
    i could probably fit into someones handbag!!?? ;)
    redrock wrote:

Remember beach towel to save us a spot ;)
    redrock wrote:

are you sure you're level 2...? if level 1 is reserved maybe the level '1' tickets on general sale are actually level 2, and level '2' are really 3... not that i want to worry you... 8-)

*whistles nonchalantly and twiddles thumbs*
    Twiddle as much as you want John, Level 2 is Level 2.....
    i admire your confidence :D
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Speaking of bedspace... I know I've mentioned this already but if anyone has a couch for me it'd be greatly appreciated :oops: Red, I'm flying out of Stansted, think this would be really awkward from yours?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    level 1 will def be friends family of the band and industry types
    ive just realised i dont qualify on either of those.....
    so be very careful when you spit at em dont want this to get any worse than it already is!!! ;)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dbk06 wrote:
    so be very careful when you spit at em dont want this to get any worse than it already is!!! ;)

my grandpa's surname is McCready... i think that'll get me in under the friends/family ticket :mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Jennytree wrote:
    Speaking of bedspace... I know I've mentioned this already but if anyone has a couch for me it'd be greatly appreciated :oops: Red, I'm flying out of Stansted, think this would be really awkward from yours?

Will depend what time you are due to fly. Train into London (Waterloo) ... tube to Liverpool Street ... train to Stansted. Think there may also be coaches from Victoria???

If you have an early morning flight could be a problem and you could do with someone based already on the tube network.

I live even further away from London than Rita :shock:
    dunkman wrote:
    dbk06 wrote:

my grandpa's surname is McCready... i think that'll get me in under the friends/family ticket :mrgreen:

ha ha!!!
    i would pay you almost enough to buy you a ticket if i could see you explain that to some burly bodyguard on the night
    but obviously not........... :)
    My flight leaves at 8.10am, which means I'd have to be at the airport around 7am, leave Liverpool St. at about 6am... I think I might just snooze on a street corner :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jenny - as you will have guessed from Pippa's post, Stansted IS shit from my house! But if you get really stuck, you're always welcome. I have to get up at 5.00 the next morning so I could give you a nudge!
    just bagged some!!!!!!!!!!!

this may work?????????/

http://tickets.hmv.com/tickets/search.b ... hi3Bsl---Z
    Fantastic Don!!!
    dbk06 wrote:

this may work?????????/

...and... nope!
    whatever link i follow i get 'not available' blah blah blah.
    never got any second email from HMV.

right, i really am going for a swim now, might not be back...! :cry:
    dbk06 wrote:

this may work?????????/

What tickets did you get??
    in the gods but better than paying 400 a pair which i was just about to do!!!!

i had all my card details written down this morning which i shredded then had a mad hunt for me wallet
    then the wobbly finger time on the keyboard!!!!
    redrock wrote:
    Jenny - as you will have guessed from Pippa's post, Stansted IS shit from my house! But if you get really stuck, you're always welcome. I have to get up at 5.00 the next morning so I could give you a nudge!

Thank you :)

I'll try grab a hostel around the venue - I'll just need somewhere to hide from the rain really for 5 hours or so!

Well done Mr. DBK! Did you just try the link by chance?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    redrock wrote:

I'll try grab a hostel around the venue - I'll just need somewhere to hide from the rain really for 5 hours or so!

Not uber cheap but if you could find someone to share with there's a room at Liverpool Street Travelodge for £69.

You can get direct tube from Shepherd's Bush to Liverpool Street after the gig

... and congrats Don! Level 3??
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    Congratulations to all y'all who did manage to get tickets for Shepherd's Bush. I'm sick with jealousy. Can't believe there'll be an "Astoria, Mark II" going on & I won't be there...

On another topic...

(I thought I'd flag it here amongst you lovely people before taking it out to the wider board)

I have a spare 10C Manchester ticket, if anyone in here is still looking or knows someone who is. I had someone for it, but they can't make it now...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    Congratulations to all y'all who did manage to get tickets for Shepherd's Bush. I'm sick with jealousy. Can't believe there'll be an "Astoria, Mark II" going on & I won't be there...

On another topic...

(I thought I'd flag it here amongst you lovely people before taking it out to the wider board)

I have a spare 10C Manchester ticket, if anyone in here is still looking or knows someone who is. I had someone for it, but they can't make it now...

Sian was looking for one... not sure if she got it.
    Jennytree wrote:
    redrock wrote:

yeah lucky or what!!!???
    as happy as i am the way they have done it was well shitty!!!
    see ya there