Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    I think the strangest part is playing fetch with her.. :? :mrgreen:

I had a few cats that LOVED playing fetch!!!

really? I had never encountered one before her. :D it's quite fun, but I don't like waking up next to her ball since it's a bit icky. :?

one thing I like aswell is the fact that this little cat is making me wake up earlier than I used to, which means I also go to bed at a more reasonable hour. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Jennytree wrote:
    There are tickets randomly going on sale still for the show! Peeps got some at 10pm last night and at stoopid o'clock this morning. I still urge everyone to keep trying both the hmv links and ticketweb before forkin' out for ebay just like Thierry Henry did, like a twat :lol:;)

Desperate times call for desperate messures. I don't have the time (anymore) to sit at a computer all day checking for tickets. I got the offer of £150 for a tkt so I took it.
    If its genuine, then I won't have any regrets!! Prob wouldn't have spent anymore. Have you seen what they are going for?? Crazy!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • redrock, how was the AIC listening party? what's the album like? thanks!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Desperate times call for desperate messures. I don't have the time (anymore) to sit at a computer all day checking for tickets. I got the offer of £150 for a tkt so I took it.
    If its genuine, then I won't have any regrets!! Prob wouldn't have spent anymore. Have you seen what they are going for?? Crazy!

I know, I know! It'll be worth every penny, at least the exchange rate is still ok ;)

The sad thing is, you can sell that ticket on now and still make a profit! I think we should bombard this lads (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEARL-JAM-STANDIN ... 1|294%3A50) email address with abuse for selling at such a high price!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Listening party was cool but weird! Unfortunately, no band member but the evening started off with a video of Jerry and Sean then the album playing to a slide show (free drinks too). There were probably about 35/40 people I think.

Now the album.... I enjoyed it but it didn't give me that 'kick in the stomach' that I was hoping for. Sometimes it was getting there but not quite. A few of 'those' riffs were missing too. Couldn't hear much Duvall - lots of Jerry. But then again, I didn't think the sound was terribly good. This is just a first listen... it did get me VERY excited for the 4th and I still look forward to the album.

Pippa, Babs and Ed were there too...
    Damn... should have sold my spares on ebay and made a bit of money (well after all... the sales on on!).

I questioned a vendor - says he/she has level 1 also giving access to stalls. Asked to see her confirmation. Somehow I doubt this is legit (just for H&S, they don't allow movement between the levels). Damn opportunists! But I guess that is the law of demand and supply!
  • Thanks for the AIC info! Awesomely cool that you got to go and hear it in advance of it coming out. I'm seeing them next week at Sonisphere at Knebworth cannot wait.

I hope there are some awesome Jerry solos on the new cd???
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited July 2009
    AiC - the second track was the next single "Check my Brain" - something like "California is (alright/alight??) won't somebody check my brain" ... 4 and 6 were acoustic (6 had bongos I believe) ... 5 was A Looking in View. Final track was the title track. The album wasn't particularly riffy :oops:

I think as an album it was a grower ... didn't grab you straight away.

The message from Jerry and Sean was amusing :D
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dublin crew... cease and desist the AIC talk.... ;);)

3 weeks tomorrow!!! me excited :geek: :mrgreen: :geek: :mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Jennytree wrote:

I know, I know! It'll be worth every penny, at least the exchange rate is still ok ;)

The sad thing is, you can sell that ticket on now and still make a profit! I think we should bombard this lads (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEARL-JAM-STANDIN ... 1|294%3A50) email address with abuse for selling at such a high price!

Ya, the exchange rate ain't too bad. Thats why I had my sterling for Manchester got a few wks ago (incase it got worse). If my tkts are genuine, then it'll be the best £150 I ever spent. Even if the guy on ebay just bought them to make a profit. Fuck it!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    dunkman wrote:

3 weeks tomorrow tomorrow. :P
    Are you in travelodge in manchester aswell Giblet?
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    dunkman wrote:

3 weeks tomorrow tomorrow. :P
    Are you in travelodge in manchester aswell Giblet?

i'm counting sunday in on the experience... i reckon the sunday night drinkfest will be mega. :twisted: :twisted:

aye, i'm in one of them on the sunday and then a different one on the monday... writing a book on travelodges i am...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Why aye man, why aye.

Its gonna be a rough 3 days. I get thee worst headaches/ hangovers.
    Pat Salpodine they should call me!!

Hair of the dog is probably my best option.

So you're bunking with Jen.... Ding ding ding!!! Im telling your wife/ husband. :lol:
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Why aye man, why aye.

Its gonna be a rough 3 days. I get thee worst headaches/ hangovers.
    Pat Salpodine they should call me!!

Hair of the dog is probably my best option.

So you're bunking with Jen.... Ding ding ding!!! Im telling your wife/ husband. :lol:

Al knows... he doesnt mind.... ;);)

i;m bunking with Hitchy... he wasnt sure if he could make it, so Jenny kindly offered me space on her furthest away corner of the floor... but he is coming now... but shows you how genuinely fucking kind Jenny is if she offered ME a space on her floor!! top lass! plus she can try and pull now and not have to worry about me filming it all :twisted: :twisted:
    dunkman wrote:
    ... plus she can try and pull now and not have to worry about me filming it all :twisted: :twisted:
    awww... that was the part I was most looking forward to :cry:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    ... plus she can try and pull now and not have to worry about me filming it all :twisted: :twisted:
    awww... that was the part I was most looking forward to :cry:

ah what the fcuk... why waste a fully charged HD dvd camcorder then ;);)
    You don't even have to be there, just leave the camera with me.

Actually, come to think of it, Helen is staying with me on the Sunday night. Think the battery could last two nights?!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:

Actually, come to think of it, Helen is staying with me on the Sunday night. Think the battery could last two nights?!

of course i have to be there!!! what if your intimate piercings get caught up in a duvet???? who'd rescue you!!

ppfftt... 2 nights.. my batteries lasted 6 nights during the great "6 nights of battery lovin" debacle of 93... thats back in the day when Duracell ruled the world.

i want a sambuca.
    :shock: I don't have intimate piercings!

... well, none that'd get caught on anything anyway!

I am drinking Archers and OJ... nomnomnom...
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    1. :shock: I don't have intimate piercings!

2. I am drinking Archers and OJ... nomnomnom...

1. prove it.

2. prove it

i'm on a good red wine... i.e. its 14%
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jennytree wrote:
    :shock: I don't have intimate piercings!

I am drinking Archers and OJ... nomnomnom...

I'm still fucking hangin from last night and the thought of drink...jaysus!

u2 were on top form last night, new tunes are pretty poor tho magnificent has been in my head all day and I did not expect it to be one of the main standout songs from the gig!

Jen you booked any bedspace for shebu??
    I need a coffee!
    dunkman wrote:

1. prove it.

2. prove it
    Would you like me to prove it simultaneously cos I'm pretty sure I could angle the glass for a photo
    Irish Al wrote:

Jen you booked any bedspace for shebu??

Nah not yet, must hop to it soon! Cheapest place possible!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:

yes! that's what she does. :mrgreen: though she's just got a small ball.

and sometimes she gets lazy and won't bring the ball all the way back to me but still wants me to pick it up and throw it again. :roll:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    I am in total shock..... My daughter and her friend (who slept over) decided to go into London today. Thought they would be going to Camden Market or Covent Garden or something like that. Two 14 going on 15 year olds decided to go to............................. the Natural History Museum!!! :o :shock: :o :shock: Can't believe it.....

there's a lovely butterfly room/exhibition...

apparently... :oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:

*Dunk's head implodes*
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Drunken ramblings????

Daughter working on her art project (all about surfaces).... wrapping apples (still on the tree!) with bubble wrap! Hommage to Christo she is calling it..... :roll: As long as the doesn't mess the apples up....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

of course i have to be there!!! what if your intimate piercings get caught up in a duvet???? who'd rescue you!!

ppfftt... 2 nights.. my batteries lasted 6 nights during the great "6 nights of battery lovin" debacle of 93... thats back in the day when Duracell ruled the world.

i want a sambuca.
    you need tsipouro :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Morning all!

Just thinking there, the next lot of stickies going at the top of this page will be our shows :D:D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • dbk06dbk06 Posts: 64
    hello all!!!!!

thought i would mention this here first

will very possibly have a 10c standing for 02 arena going spare

so shout me a holla dog!!!

FIGHT THE POWER!!