Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    *rescues thread from page 3*

ALLLL BY MYSSSEEEEEELFFFF...

Hope you all have fun on your respective trips and look forward to hearing all about the US/Glasto when you return :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Bump!!!

Yeah - same as Dunk, let me know which one to get and we'll "compare notes" sometime soon... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Ah.... double post!!! :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Ah... triple...

:o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Page 5.... :eek:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    :) Hi Dave, I'm waiting to hear from our new yorkers... Jenny posted briefly. Wanna see how everyone got on... but I'm sure theyr'e resting today.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    :) Hi Dave, I'm waiting to hear from our new yorkers... Jenny posted briefly. Wanna see how everyone got on... but I'm sure theyr'e resting today.

Hi H ;)

Take it you didn't make the trip this time then?

Look like some more great shows... I'm getting withdrawal symptons... :( :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Hi H ;)

Take it you didn't make the trip this time then?

Look like some more great shows... I'm getting withdrawal symptons... :( :o
    Nah :( I shoulda gone to MSG really but just couldn't justify it to meself... stupid stupid stupid.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    hey dublin crew...it's the resident irish wannabe.

met irish al last night and we traded pints. great to meet the legend.

slainte!

:D
    I love to turn you on

slainte!

:D excellent! Is he still in one piece do ya know?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Nah :( I shoulda gone to MSG really but just couldn't justify it to meself... stupid stupid stupid.

This multi-tasking thing is tough... phone / pc / lap top all at the same time... :eek:

did I hear you have moved? are moving??
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12

slainte!

and is he still as ugly?? ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    This multi-tasking thing is tough... phone / pc / lap top all at the same time... :eek:

did I hear you have moved? are moving??
    will be moving :) dunno when exactly.

Hahaha, I'm really bad at multitasking and usually just go completely blank and fuck them all up :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Nice shows over in the US!!
    Any news from the MSG crew yet?
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    will be moving :) dunno when exactly.

Oh, now that sounds familiar.... :rolleyes: :(
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Buru wrote:
    Nice shows over in the US!!
    Any news from the MSG crew yet?
    just got texts from thierry henry... think he was out with Al, Jenny and steve also... and he met randall and stian. Said he's just awake and probably gonna take it easy today.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262

slainte!

oh you lucky bastard! :( :D

hope everyone's well.. I'm currently scorching at work (stoopid bloody non-working air conditioning!!!!!!!) and the bossybossman actually wants me to do something. shocking!

ah well.. ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    hey everyone! I'm still in bed after a rockin show last night! The pre-party was great, met up with loads of people, old faces and new :) my seat was at the very back right corner, which i thought would be shit. But it turns out it was great, as it was elevated up above all the heads in front of me! My gig buddy got stuck in traffic and had a fight with a train so I ended up selling my spare to a very happy camper an hour before the show. He was surprised i was selling for face value. Totally amazing show though, the atmosphere was great, the whole place was gettin their groove on. It went mad for Reign Over Me. Gotta rest cos we've to do it all again tonight!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    hey everyone! I'm still in bed after a rockin show last night! The pre-party was great, met up with loads of people, old faces and new :) my seat was at the very back right corner, which i thought would be shit. But it turns out it was great, as it was elevated up above all the heads in front of me! My gig buddy got stuck in traffic and had a fight with a train so I ended up selling my spare to a very happy camper an hour before the show. He was surprised i was selling for face value. Totally amazing show though, the atmosphere was great, the whole place was gettin their groove on. It went mad for Reign Over Me. Gotta rest cos we've to do it all again tonight!

Lucky yous...

thanks hellsy for the update too
    No probs buru :) that's all I've heard lol, but tis early yet.
    Jennytree wrote:

so come on... gossip???? :) Awww... so did your gig buddy get in in the end?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    so come on... gossip???? :) Awww... so did your gig buddy get in in the end?
    no gossip really! He didn't make it in, but he's gonna leave early today...well, bloody better! Al the fecker got 11th row Stone's side. Michael, Babs, Steph and Oscar were up the sides a li'l, saw Sandra wandering around on the floor in front of me. I was sittin beside two lads from Mayo! The backup singers were great, added a great touch to Who you are. Everything else is a blur! You all would have loved it!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    no gossip really! He didn't make it in, but he's gonna leave early today...well, bloody better! Al the fecker got 11th row Stone's side. Michael, Babs, Steph and Oscar were up the sides a li'l, saw Sandra wandering around on the floor in front of me. I was sittin beside two lads from Mayo! The backup singers were great, added a great touch to Who you are. Everything else is a blur! You all would have loved it!
    Two lads from Mayo? :D how random, lol. Pat says hello... turns out him and Al missed out on the posters (and we all know what they're like with the posters) so sweet talked some lads after the show into selling them theirs :D

Sandra got front row on the lottery.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hey all,

Well I'm back home and wrecked but what an amazing few days! We got in on monday and just had a chilled evening and took in lots of NYC. The tuesday arrived. Met Jen and soupy at the queue (cheeky feckers jumped in in front of us ;)). Had a bit of craic and then off to get the tix. I thought I had row 11 but turned out to be row 10 (was gonna break into a rendition of WMA there but decided not to :eek: )

Was over the bloody moon at that. Went back, got changed and hit the pre party. Met my good friend Steve (I bought him his paddys and left the bottle in dublin airport!). Met tons of cool people and a big shout out has to go to laura and eric for the hard work and a special mention for my little d2d :)
    (spent most of the day with Theirry Henry and his lovely missus)

Gig was absolutely amazing....blew us away (have a few pix I'll put up at some stage and will go into more of a gig review later but I feel the jury is out on the backing singers for me....but that didn't take anything away from the stunning setlist and I have to say the crowd was on fire as was the band). I know we're not meant to talk about the bands family and stuff but saw the cutest thing. Eds missus and daughter were at the side of the stage rocking out (Eds missus appears to be heavily up the duff) and the daughter was waving at ed but he didn't see her, but he then came over and gave her a wave and she just stuck her tongue out at him...it was hilarious (sorry mods but it was cool!). And yes me and Theirry both got posters outside of some lovely americans :D

Went for scoops afterwards and had savage craic with the crew and then back to the hotel. More shopping and sight seeing and then we were leaving yesterday, and managed to get bumped up to 1st class....SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

All in all it was an amazing trip and thanks to everyone we met who made it all the more special :)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    I bought him his paddys and left the bottle in dublin airport
    :eek: Oh dear... I did that once... had bought a bottle of the 'legal' poteen and left it just before where you give your tickets (cos we were sitting down) and after I'd gone through immigration (on this side) I asked them could I go back :o and they let me :eek:

Glad you had a great time though...soooooooooo bloody jealous.

Isn't the little one absolutely gorgeous... I'd say she's a right character! In the vic she was giving us all the devil horns and flashing her VIP pass at us :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Well, I'm back in work! My head is still killin me, and my ears haven't popped yet so I still have the painful Sounds of the Ocean soundtrack playin in my head!

I dumped me bags when I got in the door, and to sleep. The PJ hoody was the only clean thing I could find!

The week overall was just brilliant! New Yorkers were so nice to me, very welcoming. The pre-parties were great, the shows were great, gah! Was great to see everyone again, and to meet loads of new people too.

Chris hijacked my camera, so I've millions of photos from night two. I made a nice "Milkshake" montage on me bayboh if any of ye wanna perv on Ed. Also have the funniest photo of Jeff EVER!!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Well, I'm back in work! My head is still killin me, and my ears haven't popped yet so I still have the painful Sounds of the Ocean soundtrack playin in my head!

I dumped me bags when I got in the door, and to sleep. The PJ hoody was the only clean thing I could find!

The week overall was just brilliant! New Yorkers were so nice to me, very welcoming. The pre-parties were great, the shows were great, gah! Was great to see everyone again, and to meet loads of new people too.

Chris hijacked my camera, so I've millions of photos from night two. I made a nice "Milkshake" montage on me bayboh if any of ye wanna perv on Ed. Also have the funniest photo of Jeff EVER!!
    :D I may have to pop over to bebo then so :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hey all,

Well I'm back home and wrecked but what an amazing few days! We got in on monday and just had a chilled evening and took in lots of NYC. The tuesday arrived. Met Jen and soupy at the queue (cheeky feckers jumped in in front of us ;)). Had a bit of craic and then off to get the tix. I thought I had row 11 but turned out to be row 10 (was gonna break into a rendition of WMA there but decided not to :eek: )

Was over the bloody moon at that. Went back, got changed and hit the pre party. Met my good friend Steve (I bought him his paddys and left the bottle in dublin airport!). Met tons of cool people and a big shout out has to go to laura and eric for the hard work and a special mention for my little d2d :)
    (spent most of the day with Theirry Henry and his lovely missus)

Gig was absolutely amazing....blew us away (have a few pix I'll put up at some stage and will go into more of a gig review later but I feel the jury is out on the backing singers for me....but that didn't take anything away from the stunning setlist and I have to say the crowd was on fire as was the band). I know we're not meant to talk about the bands family and stuff but saw the cutest thing. Eds missus and daughter were at the side of the stage rocking out (Eds missus appears to be heavily up the duff) and the daughter was waving at ed but he didn't see her, but he then came over and gave her a wave and she just stuck her tongue out at him...it was hilarious (sorry mods but it was cool!). And yes me and Theirry both got posters outside of some lovely americans :D

Went for scoops afterwards and had savage craic with the crew and then back to the hotel. More shopping and sight seeing and then we were leaving yesterday, and managed to get bumped up to 1st class....SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

All in all it was an amazing trip and thanks to everyone we met who made it all the more special :)

SWEEEEEEEEET. And 10th row? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
    I want to see pics!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Only just reading these posts now. Jenny and Al glad you both such an awesome time.

Al glad you got that lottery thing sorted out you had me confused with your row 11 lottery stuff ... so who doesn't know their alphabet ;):p

... and getting bumped to first class eh. So how do the other half live?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hey all,

Well I'm back home and wrecked but what an amazing few days!
    Was over the bloody moon at that. Went back, got changed and hit the pre party. Met my good friend Steve (I bought him his paddys and left the bottle in dublin airport!).

flew back home today... about to head off to bed... totally shagged after walking miles around NY... oh, and bouncing up and down a bit at MSG2 :D

went to go through security at JFK today and got directed off to the side "...we're sending you through 1st class..." FUCK! YESSSSSS!!!!

but no, 'twas only the 1st class security line because there were so many flights checking in :( flew back in my usual wedged in, middle, not aisle- or window-seat, so just sat back and played the Bonnaroo bootleg and grinned inanely alot...;)

great to meet up with folks again, but missed Al (as in i missed out on meeting up with him, not that i actually missed him because (a) that's a bit gay, and (b) he's a twat), though i did find a bottle of Paddy's at the airport... :D

oh, and "night 2 was better" so there!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Great to see everyone had such a great time ;):D

Who's getting which shows then?? pm me...

I guess Bonaroo is covered already? Not sure which I fancy most, probably MSG 2 at the moment... :confused:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12