Options

Ten Club Seniority?

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    i_lov_it said:

I remember Paying for the 2003 Perth Show via Postal Money Order...Ten Club email was Tickets are there If you want them :P lol

yeah, i remember the ol' money order and u had to check off the shows you want on the piece of paper. make sure to put the show name on the money order. hahaha
    tickets were maybe $40???
    these kids today don't know how easy they got it...j/k
    but what i wouldn't do for a 60 city tour again.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    lolobugg said:

Agree!
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    Fewer shows + more fan club members = harder to get tickets.

That's why people miss out on the lottery. Seniority hasn't ever played a factor in SECURING tickets unless I'm mistaken. Sure, the lottery has it's pitfalls, but I'm happy I don't have to take off work to press F5 all day. I actually took off work to get PJ20 tickets and didn't get through until midnight that night. That was absurd, not the lottery.

I've only been in the fan club 11 years, so my chances of being up front were few and far between until the pit returned. I managed to secure second row for VFC tour in Toledo, but that's because those tickets were sold through Ticketmaster (not 10C) and not based on seniority. Last year, I had GA for Pittsburgh and Vancouver and was close to the front on both occasions. I'm glad I had that opportunity, and it wouldn't have happened without this new system.

See ya in Memphis!
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    lolobugg said:

i_lov_it said:

I remember Paying for the 2003 Perth Show via Postal Money Order...Ten Club email was Tickets are there If you want them :P lol

yeah, i remember the ol' money order and u had to check off the shows you want on the piece of paper. make sure to put the show name on the money order. hahaha
    tickets were maybe $40???
    these kids today don't know how easy they got it...j/k
    Exactly...Maybe a Few More Shows might mean People have a better Chance at Getting a Show.

• Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
    Look I'm a five digit member 5****, been in the club a really long time. I have NO issue with the new system. If I pick reserved I get great seats, if I go GA I hang out in line with cool people and get close. I'm not being "penalized" because of lottery or GA. Lottery shuts you out sometimes, that sucks, but it's fair. New people get shut out just as often as "old" people. It happens but it's a fair system. No one "deserves" to see PJ more, a fan is a fan.

Seniority still matters a ton in reserve seats and that's a big deal and very gracious of the band to do that. Remember many bands auction the good seats to the highest bidder, PJ has done the opposite. They've gone out of their way to ensure the best seats go to a dedicated fanbase and that's awesome.

Also, tickets isn't the only reason to be in the Club. $40 a year for tickets, exclusive vinyl, bootlegs and a newsletter/merch is a good deal in my opinion. IT's not like the band is reaping a huge profit from member fees given all the stuff we get, it's not like the vinyl, newsletters and member packs are made for free.

Thanks PJ from a (still) happy long time 10 clubber.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Damiens said:

Look I'm a five digit member 5****, been in the club a really long time. I have NO issue with the new system. If I pick reserved I get great seats, if I go GA I hang out in line with cool people and get close. I'm not being "penalized" because of lottery or GA. Lottery shuts you out sometimes, that sucks, but it's fair. New people get shut out just as often as "old" people. It happens but it's a fair system. No one "deserves" to see PJ more, a fan is a fan.

Seniority still matters a ton in reserve seats and that's a big deal and very gracious of the band to do that. Remember many bands auction the good seats to the highest bidder, PJ has done the opposite. They've gone out of their way to ensure the best seats go to a dedicated fanbase and that's awesome.

Also, tickets isn't the only reason to be in the Club. $40 a year for tickets, exclusive vinyl, bootlegs and a newsletter/merch is a good deal in my opinion. IT's not like the band is reaping a huge profit from member fees given all the stuff we get, it's not like the vinyl, newsletters and member packs are made for free.

you said it all..nothing to add here..respect
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    wilfmiss said:
    That was awesome... brings back some of the memories of those times.
    1996 was the worst seats i have ever had from 10club. now it makes sense why!!!

If you think yesterday was rough in 1995 we had to wait months to find out if we got tickets. They sent them in the mail back then. i remember that a few days after I got my tix for NOLA i heard on the radio that the tour was cancelled.... i was devastated :((

I remember calling the 10 Club info line every day to find out when they would be rescheduled. hahaha
    more stories from grandpa lolo
    Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,535
    edited May 2014
    I'd trade my seniority in a heartbeat for a chance to go back in time and catch the band on the '95 tour.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    100 Pacer said:

I'd trade my seniority in a heartbeat for a chance to go back in time and catch the band on the '95 tour.

the first PJ show i went to was in 1995. It was on a high school football field... they had the whole field general admission. I was stone sober... It was about 100 degrees, they had no water for us at the front. it was so crowded sometimes your feet were off the ground... and it was one of the best experiences of my life. after all the rescheduling... it was as close to a religious experience i have ever had.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Damiens said:

Truth. Seniority matters a lot. You can go Reserved and still have awesome seats. With less seniority, you can basically guarantee a show, but your seats are not going to be very good.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    100 Pacer said:

I was at the Soldier Field show, it was unreal.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    100 Pacer said:

pm sent

• Options
    evdjj3jevdjj3j Old Mountains Posts: 114
    edited May 2014
    If there was no lotto then their would not be as much incentive to join the fan club because new members would never get tickets. I joined a year ago to have a chance at getting 10 club tickets, if there was no lotto I would have no chance getting tickets so I wouldn't have joined. It's all about capitalism and trying to attract new fan club members (customers), this club is a huge money making machine and you wouldn't want to alienate new customers. I won Cincinnati GA tickets and so did a friend the odds of winning did not seem that bad.
    Post edited by evdjj3j on
  • Options
    evdjj3j said:

If there was no lotto then their would not be as much incentive to join the fan club because new members would never get tickets. I joined a year ago to have a chance at getting 10 club tickets, if there was no lotto I would have no chance getting tickets so I wouldn't have joined. It's all about capitalism and trying to attract new fan club members (customers), this club is a huge money making machine and you wouldn't want to alienate new customers. I won Cincinnati GA tickets and so did a friend the odds of winning did not seem that bad.

Not true at all. Seniority didn't have anything to do with actually getting the tickets in the F5 system. Anyone in the club could purchase them as long as they were still available.

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,241
    evdjj3j said:

Here is what I'm talking about. Is this guy WAY off, or do I not understand? He thinks high numbers eliminated him from the tickets, is this true?

• Options

Here is what I'm talking about. Is this guy WAY off, or do I not understand? He thinks high numbers eliminated him from the tickets, is this true?

See my previous post. He has no clue how it works. I think a large percentage of the gripes around here might be from misunderstanding the system.

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    MayDay10 said:

100 Pacer said:

pm sent

mayday can time travel?!

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    edited May 2014

MayDay10 said:

100 Pacer said:

pm sent

mayday can time travel?!

100 Pacer was willing to trade his seniority for a chance to travel in time. Maybe Mayday's machine works, maybe it doesn't.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,208

MayDay10 said:

100 Pacer said:

pm sent

mayday can time travel?!

100 Pacer was willing to trade his seniority for a chance to travel in time. Maybe Mayday's machine works, maybe it doesn't.
    Lol I'd totally trade my number for a time machine. Then I'd go back to 1991 and sign up for a membership then beqeath it to myself, and have kick ass tickets between 2000 and 2011 :)

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    edited May 2014
    Zod said:

MayDay10 said:

100 Pacer said:

pm sent

mayday can time travel?!

Lol I'd totally trade my number for a time machine. Then I'd go back to 1991 and sign up for a membership then beqeath it to myself, and have kick ass tickets between 2000 and 2011 :)

Think bigger! What about going to that first rehearsal with Eddie and trying to convince them to let you be their permanent cowbell player.

You might also bring along Future Days or Skipping and checkout young Eddie's "WTF happened to me" response.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823

Zod said:

MayDay10 said:

100 Pacer said:

pm sent

mayday can time travel?!

Think bigger! What about going to that first rehearsal with Eddie and trying to convince them to let you be their permanent cowbell player.
    Even bigger.... 78 The Dead Egypt and Europe and end it with the Capital theater shows in Passaic
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    It's amazing people don't understand the system...it's really easy to figure out and completely fair for everyone

• Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    I hope everyone in front of my number leaves, that'd be excellent, I don't like GA too much and guaranteed great seats are always a plus
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,817
    People who won the lottery today love the system thus who lost don't. My issue is the fact that I won Charlottesville last Oct and I think Ten Club f*ed up seating. I was on the side of the stage, last row in the 100's. Member # 162xxx. If I'm going to actually win the lottery and drive 7 hours I'd like to think I'd be put in the right spot.
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    edited May 2014
    To the people saying that seniority means absolutely nothing, put your money where your mouth is and let your membership lapse. I bet you don't.
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422

People who won the lottery today love the system thus who lost don't. My issue is the fact that I won Charlottesville last Oct and I think Ten Club f*ed up seating. I was on the side of the stage, last row in the 100's. Member # 162xxx. If I'm going to actually win the lottery and drive 7 hours I'd like to think I'd be put in the right spot.

Actually, this is an example of getting moved back a bit due to GA and seniority taking a hit. A possible solution is that seniority begins at first stage side section, row 1, ends at row 20. It continues in the second section stage side to row 20. It then continues back to first side section, and begins at row 21, and so on. I actually don't think it's worth the effort of Ten Club to do this unless it was someone's part time job which was full time between lottery results and the show (stuffing envelopes). This would be a real pain in the ass and the person would also need to understand the dynamics of the arena as well because newer arenas are much steeper than "older" arenas. Is it really worth it? No.

Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    BK5333BK5333 Posts: 40
    wilfmiss said:
    An excellent read. Thank you so much for posting. I think that confirms that seniority has always counted in a big way until now. There is a sgnifcant eifference in what seniority offers now. It's only the secondary benefit of better reserved seats IF you win the randon drawing for tickets in the first place. And I think the bigger complaint of senior memvers like me isnt so much that we are not getting the best seats any more but that we are getting completely shut out of shows.

Open the GA to random draw for all Ten Club members. Both award and assign the seat locations by seniority to those members who select Reserved Seating as their first choice. Best of both worlds. Newcomers have equal footing to senior members for the best pit seats. Senior members who give up their chance at the best seats by forgoing the GA random draw still get a major benefit of being loyal for all those years.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    wilfmiss said:

Ten Club made its first foray into ticketing with a PJ show at New York’s CBGB on November 8, 1991. We’re not sure just how fan club members were contacted, how much the show cost, or who was invited, but because of CBGB’s tiny capacity (200 approx) and New York’s high density of press and record company folks, it’s unlikely that more than fifty lucky Ten Club fans got a pair of tickets. To put that in perspective, just remember that while “Alive” was on the radio, Ten hadn’t quite hit yet and if the number of fan club singles pressed that year are any indication, there were less than 1,500 members worldwide at that time. Further subdividing meant that probably only a small fraction of these fans of a new, west-coast band lived in New York.

I was #253.