Options

Ten Club Seniority?

Comments

• Options
    As with all methods, there will be issues. They went to this process after the many 10C ticket sale server overload issues, the days of waiting in long lines at the arenas when tickets were blocked, etc. Here is what 10C seniority gets you these days. It gets you better reserved seats if you are lucky enough to get them. That in and of itself, is enough for me. I've been a member for many years (179,XXX) and chose to go for reserved seats the last two sales. Why? Because I know that I will get great seats closer than anyone with a number above me in reserved. Would I love to be in the pit and drink ed's wine? Absolutely. But the experience of where my number gets me seats, for me, trumps all. The cost of the annual membership let's everyone have an opportunity to get tickets before the general public and if lucky enough to get them in the lottery, seniority then gives you the best experience it can. So the way I look at it is that my $$$ gives me a better chance to see this band with pretty damn good seats when I'm lucky enough to win this new lottery system. That is enough for me and worth every penny. Yes, I did win Detroit reserved this year but knew full well going into it that there was a possibility of not getting anything, and I'm okay with that.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I dont blame them for wanting to raise revenues just own it. Im still looking for that Oracle show set list.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    My wife just re-joined this past year, probably has a 5xxxxx #, got 2 of her 3 picks. I, on the other hand, have been a loyal dues paying member since '95, #136xxx & got only 1 of my 3. Just so happens we have 2 sets of reserved for Memphis. Seniority means nothing in this world these days. Not at work, not here, nowhere. You may say we cry or sound as if we should have privilege, but in all honesty, that used to be what loyalty got you. Now the "New Kids" cry & of course the club wants to keep the new blood happy, more earning potential for the band on down the line.
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    Member # 27xxx here i'm not leaving 10C , i have way more important things in my life to worry about & getting my front row seats to a concert is not one of'em any more .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    alskaraokealskaraoke Posts: 66
    Ive been a member since June of 92. Moved around and lapsed so 8/95 is my most recent membership number date. As a senior member I understand both sides of the arguments but old members were never promised tickets to a show. We submitted 3X5 cards and we crossed our fingers. Because shows were limited to one show per leg and less members were in the club at the time we always got tickets. Even in more recent years F5 seemed to work for most people during ticket window sales. I think with the amount of members and site traffic, the server would crash and be one big headache for them. Why spend a ton of money to upgrade a server system that only gets utilized during touring season? Dues would go up and people would complain about that. I think if people were to tour 10c they would realize how small and operation this is and realize how hard it is to accommodate so many. I think they do a great job. Im not going to lie, I did like having seniority seating in the past without GA, but it gives everyone in 10c the opportunity to experience it. Members with low 10c numbers are the minority of the club now. I understand the band wants to please the majority of fans here and that can't be done without upsetting a few people. Just thought I would share my thoughts. Ive been shut out of plenty of shows and there are alot of options.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Member # 27xxx here i'm not leaving 10C , i have way more important things in my life to worry about & getting my front row seats to a concert is not one of'em any more .....

how many times have you had front row?

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    SS9981 said:

My wife just re-joined this past year, probably has a 5xxxxx #, got 2 of her 3 picks. I, on the other hand, have been a loyal dues paying member since '95, #136xxx & got only 1 of my 3. Just so happens we have 2 sets of reserved for Memphis. Seniority means nothing in this world these days. Not at work, not here, nowhere. You may say we cry or sound as if we should have privilege, but in all honesty, that used to be what loyalty got you. Now the "New Kids" cry & of course the club wants to keep the new blood happy, more earning potential for the band on down the line.

I think what most people forget, like or not, Pearl Jam is a business. A VERY large business. They still keep their tickets relatively affordable. In a time where the Eagles are charging $300 for a good seat
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    SS9981 said:

Yup, and there is no right answer. Seniority in the 10C is not unlike seniority in a lot of other things in life. Would some people be pissed if they worked at a company for 20 years, and the new guy got the window office? Yup. and on the flip side, some people would not care.

10C seniority was a big deal for a long time, and some people did very well by it. I've had amazing seats over the years. Times change. Some people will drop out of the club, and some will stick it out. You can't please everyone all the time.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    SS9981 said:

Not true. The reserved set with your number will be much better than hers.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I would bet there is as many/more spouse accounts and other family members than bonifide "new" members.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309

At least 15 times ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    MayDay10 said:

I would bet there is as many/more spouse accounts and other family members than bonifide "new" members.

So...? They're paying for those memberships. Nothing wrong with that.

The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

SS9981 said:

Yup, and there is no right answer. Seniority in the 10C is not unlike seniority in a lot of other things in life. Would some people be pissed if they worked at a company for 20 years, and the new guy got the window office? Yup. and on the flip side, some people would not care.

10C seniority was a big deal for a long time, and some people did very well by it. I've had amazing seats over the years. Times change. Some people will drop out of the club, and some will stick it out. You can't please everyone all the time.
    Great points but PJ is a hobby not a job.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

True bit they still have to pick up their tickets...
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Just as my number was getting better moved to ga. So some of us paid for while but never reaped the benefits. But as Jose said up a few, in grand scheme of things it's cool. My favorite bands still playing live. Yeah baby
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    MisterEtake2MisterEtake2 Posts: 372
    This is another area where I think the Dave Matthews Band does it the right way. If they play two shows in the same city, seating on night 1 is based on seniority. Night 2 is random. As a 15 year member, I'm all in favor of giving everyone a shot at decent seats.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Noload said:

Membership 20$
    Member join at 1996 paid for this year 20$
    Member join at 2013 paid for this year 20$

Both same chances to score for tix of this year

after both score 1996 get better seats..

all so fine and simple...

Not w GA. The biggest myth going now is that pre GA, US live shows were dead out in front of stage. Its a money thing..hard to get new members with the original method. The "they got tired of seeing the same old walking dead" is cover.
    We have always ga shows at europe..are we fools to be members then for years???
    We could just pay membership only the years they playing here..cis seniority means nothing to us.
    ofcourse its money thing..its music industry..its business..i dont know anyone that can make more money and refuse to get them..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    so I should activate my wife's membership she doesnt care about and start one for my son just to take advantage of a flawed system that should be fixed?

its genius from 10c for sure. basically ups the membership price to $100 on years they play a few shows.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    quimby20 said:

BinFrog said:

SS9981 said:

Great points but PJ is a hobby not a job.

I am in a wine club from a winery in California. I was on the wait list to join, and finally got in. Should I be pissed if they now let in another 1000 A-listers and then I get shut out of the quarterly limited releases? Yeah, I'd be kind of pissed. BUT do I see the point that new blood should be allowed to partake on the same level as me? Yes.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Gmoney said:

Seniority means nothing now a days... .

Really? Nothing? How about it means you got to see the band when they were in their prime while I was sitting in an Elementary School somewhere? So YOU should be given a better shot than ME solely based on the fact that it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to be a 10c member because of my age at the time? Yeah that sounds fair. And then when I am considered a senior member like you I'll get to see the band from decent seats when they are 75 years old, only fair right? My punishment for being born in the 90's. Not to mention that this is my 6th time seeing the band, I don't know how many times most of you "senior" members have seen them but I'm assuming it's a hell of a lot more than 6, so you should be given a better shot to see them for the 25th time than I should be given to see them for the 6th time, again very fair.
  • Options

At least 15 times ...
    awesome. :-bd i can see why it's no big deal to you anymore.
  • Options
    KB39167KB39167 Posts: 26
    They should consider a weighted system like the NBA draft. Every 6 months or year earns you a 1st choice entry and the member can distribute them to whatever show they want. So seniority still doesn't gaurentees tickets but increases the odds which rewards seniority.

So you can throw 10 1st entries at moline 5 at Milwaukee then still have 2 nd 3rd etc. choices which probably won't hit unless its Tulsa or Lincoln
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    Get rid of ga. Have some shows seniority based and other shows totally random. Problem solved. And play more than ten shows a year in the us.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited May 2014
    RiotZact said:

Gmoney said:

Really? Nothing? How about it means you got to see the band when they were in their prime while I was sitting in an Elementary School somewhere? So YOU should be given a better shot than ME solely based on the fact that it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to be a 10c member because of my age at the time? Yeah that sounds fair. And then when I am considered a senior member like you I'll get to see the band from decent seats when they are 75 years old, only fair right? My punishment for being born in the 90's. Not to mention that this is my 6th time seeing the band, I don't know how many times most of you "senior" members have seen them but I'm assuming it's a hell of a lot more than 6, so you should be given a better shot to see them for the 25th time than I should be given to see them for the 6th time, again very fair.
    Yes. Suck it up entitled youngster. Life's not fair.

Many have been paying dues for years not missing a year so yes that should get preferential treatment.

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I have seen the Dead over 85 times. They were doing the index card thing for years. It worked very well at the time but there was really no form of Internet like we have today. You would wait for that day that they're going to put the message on their phone line and then you would call that number endlessly until you finally got through,it might take you 3 or 4 days to do it. You would then address your envelope making sure with everything was perfectly the way the phone message told you two in the lower corner putting what show you wanted. But then you have to wait 3 to 4 weeks to see if your Tickets were mailed or if they sent your money order back. Talk about stress. As with the dead I find it great that younger fans are beginning to find the band. This is what drew me to Pearl Jam, there is not been a band that I have seen since the dead that have a community as good as the Pearl Jam community is. This is what it's all about isn't it?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

U are an inspiration to our club..amd not cos of your number..but for theway u deal with life
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    callen said:

RiotZact said:

Gmoney said:

Yes. Suck it up entitled youngster. Life's not fair.

Many have been paying dues for years not missing a year so yes that should get preferential treatment.

Or an entitled long time FAN CLUB (stressing fan club) member. Again as you so eloquently stated life is not fair
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 587

My question is this, did anyone not get their first priority and get their 2nd, 3rd or lower? I am not seeing this occurred.

I got shut out on my 1st priority... Moline Reserved Seating. I scored on my second (St. Louis Reserved) and my 5th (Lincoln, Reserved).

1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

so I should activate my wife's membership she doesnt care about and start one for my son just to take advantage of a flawed system that should be fixed?

its genius from 10c for sure. basically ups the membership price to $100 on years they play a few shows.

i get what you're saying, it's not fair.

• Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

Noload said:

Membership 20$
    Member join at 1996 paid for this year 20$
    Member join at 2013 paid for this year 20$

Both same chances to score for tix of this year

after both score 1996 get better seats..

all so fine and simple...

Not w GA. The biggest myth going now is that pre GA, US live shows were dead out in front of stage. Its a money thing..hard to get new members with the original method. The "they got tired of seeing the same old walking dead" is cover.
    We have always ga shows at europe..are we fools to be members then for years???
    We could just pay membership only the years they playing here..cis seniority means nothing to us.
    ofcourse its money thing..its music industry..its business..i dont know anyone that can make more money and refuse to get them..
    Those GA shows can be dangerous... Just mix it up here in the good ole US and have some GA like now and some Floor Reserved like before.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin