Options

Ten Club Seniority?

LF55358LF55358 Minnesota Posts: 71
What does your 10 Club Member Number really mean, Can anyone answer this question? Reason why I bring it up, this morning after reading all the complaints on how the "Elder Members" who didn't win this past lottery are leaving the group. So my main question is, if this people who are leaving or have already left the club does your member number change? Because I would think if people who have left before your number wouldn't your number get smaller and increase your seniority level? I've been a member for 15 plus years and I still have the same number and I am willing bet that there has been plenty of people before me that have left. Just curious ;^)

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    You don't get a lower number if someone leaves, but you do move up 1 spot on the seniority ladder.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    I always assumed that was happening, but from reading past post on ticket exchanging and people asking what your last four digits of your member # is so they can gauge on where the seats are at. So then am baffled on why are they even asking the question then, if your member number doesn't even matter.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    it does. You know where the general ranges fall.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    If you are chosen. I live 30 minutes from Chicago and couldn't score Wrigley tickets last year. First time I've missed a Chicago show since about late 92.
  • Options
    Sorry for my stupidity in advance. But if a 1000 people left in front of you (for instance) wouldn't that screw up the range if by Club Member Number. I still don't get, how your member number dictates your seniority.
  • Options
    Easily:

If you are member #3, and member #2 leaves the club: you still have #3, but technically you are 1 spot better so "sort of "#2.

When people ask about seat locations, it is assumed that thousands of fans have left over the years...it's just a rough estimate. I am 154xxx and I know that someone with a number between 150xxx and 160xxx will have similar seats to me based on a few factors.
  • Options
    Member number doesn't dictate seniority: it IS seniority. The lower your number, the better your seat location will be (or should be at least...with some hiccups along the way)
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Seniority means nothing now a days... And while I get that this system is inclusive of all fans, you cannot tell me that it doesnt SUCK to pay membership fee's for OVER 20 YEARS and get shut out of a chance to see the band. SMH. If TC had a membership manager or something, I'd be really curious to hear their reasons for me remaining a member. Please TC don't forget how much our fee's have meant to the band and the TC. How about a string of shows where people with TC numbers under 200xxx get first chance to buy? There's gotta be some reward for loyalty....
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I have only been a member for a few years, but this is my take on the lottery. I do think there should be some merit in being a "senior" member. Maybe getting more entries in the draw. The odds feature was somewhat helpful in trying to gauge interest in particular selections. I knew GA for Detroit was going to be a tough pull, I selected reserved seating for this show and got lucky as a result. My question is this, did anyone not get their first priority and get their 2nd, 3rd or lower? I am not seeing this occurred. I feel for people that got shut out, but you can't put GA as a selection for all the shows and expect to get them. The odds are just not in your favor.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I don't think the lottery is going away, but I bet GA won't always be the norm for every tour going forward. I would imagine long time members would still reap the benefits of their membership #'s for some tours in the future.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,855
    Gmoney said:

How about a string of shows where people with TC numbers under 200xxx get first chance to buy? There's gotta be some reward for loyalty....

I kind of like this idea. Reminds me of getting tickets in each block depending when you showed up to get your tickets in 2000. I got great seats then.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    BK5333BK5333 Posts: 40
    My big issue with the new random draw is that your seniority now means next to nothing, only coming into play if you win a random draw for Reserved Seating. For years, seniority counted in both your ability to get fan club tickets and in the quality (location) of those seats. The new random draw now punishes those of us who have spent years following the band and attending shows across the country and the world. Can you blame us for being pissed off when your primary benefit of being a fan club member is stripped from you after years of loyalty and spending thousands on the band? I have over 20 years and got nothing for any show on this tour while seeing others with relatively little time scoring multiple shows.

Sure, I understand newer members will argue that they would "never have a chance" at fan club tickets against high seniority members. True. But there are ways around this. They used to do random fan club draws for rows 1 and 10. They could easily apply that logic, for example, to the GA pit section while assigning reserved seats strictly on seniority. They could implement a regional lottery or flat out limit the number of shows for which you can get fan club tickets (they've done that in the past. All of those methods would balance the opportunity of getting fan club tickets to everybody while still honoring the loyalty to those of us who have been around for so long.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the new process when 20 years of loyalty won't even get you tickets to a show in your home town.
  • Options
    quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    GA's are here to stay. Ed spent some time at Springsteen shows and the pit is based on his set up. Just seats behind the pit. It is a great setup

As far as long time members, I understand the displeasure but a fan that is as new as yesterday should have the same opportunity to be up front as a 20 year veteran. I'm sure after 20 years, one would have been up front. Why would a fan club want to penalize newer members? I like this system.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Seniority means something AFTER you score tic..as always was..before lottery was the same....
    how seniority gets mixed with the method they selling tix is crazy...maybe they should write the ticket policy in Greek..then all may get it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    quimby20 said:

Why would a fan club want to penalize newer members?

Does it penalize new members...or reward long time loyal members?
  • Options
    PJfanJenPJfanJen Florence, SC formerly East Peoria, IL Posts: 58
    All I know is from my experience, I left in 2009 because I lost my job and was jobless for over a year and couldn't afford to be in the club for a while. I decided to join last October to be in again for this tour. My number changed from 274*** to 500***. I did get tickets this time around, but I will say that back in 2007, or 2008 I tried for several shows and never won tickets with my lower number. The best I ever did with 10C was in 2003 I got Alpine Valley and Champaign, IL when we filled out notebook paper and mailed our choices in with a check. I remember several years ago when they did the online tickets, and the website would crash every time they had that sale. I'm new to this lottery system, so I lucked out and got tickets this time, but believe me, I was skeptical about it.
    1998--Alpine Valley, WI
    2000--Deer Creek Music Theater, Indianapolis, IN
    2003--U of I Assembly Hall, Champaign, IL
    2003--Alpine Valley, WI
    2006--United Center, Chicago
    2014--Moline, IL
    2016--Wrigley Show # 1
    2016--Wrigley Show # 2
    2020--Baltimore--Didn't happen
    2023--Chicago United Center Night 2
    2024--Chicago Wrigley Field Night 1
    2024--Chicago Wrigley Field Night 2
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I would love to see a mix...some shows w GA like now and some with the old traditional reserved floor seniority based.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I wonder if they could create a distribution based on 10c #s, create groupings and draw from percentages from each group.

This current system IMO rewards new members and those willing to create new memberships for spouses, etc
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    a5pj said:

Gmoney said:

How about a string of shows where people with TC numbers under 200xxx get first chance to buy? There's gotta be some reward for loyalty....

I kind of like this idea. Reminds me of getting tickets in each block depending when you showed up to get your tickets in 2000. I got great seats then.
    I understand the loyalty argument and agree with you, but this is a business and the opportunity to get tickets through the 10club is the major incentive for any new member to join. You take away that by giving them last dibs on tickets, which mostly likely would be gone by that point, and there is no reason to join.

Keep in mind that this GA format in the US has only been going on for around a year right? I really think there will be tours in the future with all floor seats where seniority and membership number matter more. You just will have to win the lottery.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    nate_j_ynate_j_y Posts: 41
    quimby20 said:

GA's are here to stay. Ed spent some time at Springsteen shows and the pit is based on his set up. Just seats behind the pit. It is a great setup

As far as long time members, I understand the displeasure but a fan that is as new as yesterday should have the same opportunity to be up front as a 20 year veteran. I'm sure after 20 years, one would have been up front. Why would a fan club want to penalize newer members? I like this system.

Why would a fan club want to penalize older members?
  • Options
    Gmoney said:

Seniority means nothing now a days... And while I get that this system is inclusive of all fans, you cannot tell me that it doesnt SUCK to pay membership fee's for OVER 20 YEARS and get shut out of a chance to see the band. SMH. If TC had a membership manager or something, I'd be really curious to hear their reasons for me remaining a member. Please TC don't forget how much our fee's have meant to the band and the TC. How about a string of shows where people with TC numbers under 200xxx get first chance to buy? There's gotta be some reward for loyalty....

Well then they need to give a refund for the years to the members never played in their area..also why new members to join??
    They come to my country once in 23 years.why should i be a member??
    They nevet played at alaska??why someone join in from that state??same as south africa and so on..
    when someone is member for more year only and after score tix gets better seat than others
    your dollars for the year of 2014 has the same value and color as mime and everyone else
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    quimby20 said:

The fan club/band did just that for most of its existence so ask them why they wanted to reward long time members by assigning a number and handing out seating based on that number.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited May 2014
    jervin007 said:

a5pj said:

Gmoney said:

I understand the loyalty argument and agree with you, but this is a business and the opportunity to get tickets through the 10club is the major incentive for any new member to join. You take away that by giving them last dibs on tickets, which mostly likely would be gone by that point, and there is no reason to join.

Keep in mind that this GA format in the US has only been going on for around a year right? I really think there will be tours in the future with all floor seats where seniority and membership number matter more. You just will have to win the lottery.
    Well that's Right I'm sure there will be Future Pearl Jam Shows where it will be all Seating...But whether the Seniority comes into it is another thing.

Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    Membership 20$
    Member join at 1996 paid for this year 20$
    Member join at 2013 paid for this year 20$

Both same chances to score for tix of this year

after both score 1996 get better seats..

all so fine and simple...
  • Options
    nate_j_y said:

quimby20 said:

Why would a fan club want to penalize older members?
    It's not penalizing older members it is just leveling the playing field. I'm not referring to you but people that think if you have sort of level of seniority you automatically deserve the best tickets. Kind of an elitist attitude. The 1%. New fans keep the ball rolling.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Gmoney said:

With addition to GA seniority has become much less valuable. Will hang in there for now.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    jervin007 said:

this is a business and the opportunity to get tickets through the 10club is the major incentive for any new member to join. You take away that by giving them last dibs on tickets, which mostly likely would be gone by that point, and there is no reason to join.

that's exactly why they changed all of this to the lottery and GA.... to make more money. and that is what is so infuriating. it has nothing to do with fans.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

Membership 20$
    Member join at 1996 paid for this year 20$
    Member join at 2013 paid for this year 20$

Both same chances to score for tix of this year

after both score 1996 get better seats..

all so fine and simple...

Not w GA. The biggest myth going now is that pre GA, US live shows were dead out in front of stage. Its a money thing..hard to get new members with the original method. The "they got tired of seeing the same old walking dead" is cover.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    My number starts with 460. I don't care for seniority, but I would love a realistic shot at fanclub tickets. Since a lot of people seem to dislike the seats behind the pit anyways, why not open the whole floor for fanclub GA? The seniors could still get their seats on the sides, maybe even with a separate lottery for the best seats.
  • Options
    Noload said:

quimby20 said:

The fan club/band did just that for most of its existence so ask them why they wanted to reward long time members by assigning a number and handing out seating based on that number.
    Times change, things change. My 16 year old is going with me to Detroit with GA's. If he chooses to get on the bus and becomes a huge fan he should have equal opportunities to be up front. I'm sure the band realizes this and be honest with yourself, I'm sure they get suck of seeing the same faces up front.