Options

Petition for 2015 Canadian Tour, because Pearl Jam fucking loves Canada

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thanks, Hugh. Never know!

(and that is one close-up photo)

I'd never do the ferry thing anyway as I'm semi-claustrophobic and have no sea-legs.
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited May 2015
    Oops?
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,272
    hedonist said:

I'd never do the ferry thing anyway as I'm semi-claustrophobic and have no sea-legs.

The ferry that runs from Tsawwassen (or however you spell it, its outside of Vancouver) to Sidney (outside of Victoria) is big. You don't need sea legs for that thing. It's a tank. It holds about 400 cars and a boatload of people (There's about 3/4 million people that live on Vancouver Island. About 350k in the Metro Victoria area). As the Ferry is big and has ample room outside and inside, you won't get claustrophobic on them. They're very smooth sailing.

On the other hand the ferry that comes over from Port Angeles is really old and small and can get wobbly. I've never taken the Seattle-Victoria Pedestrian ferry but its not that big, so that might cause claustrophobia issues. I still want to try out the ferry that goes from Sidney to Anacortes (which is outside of Bellingham). It's a 2 hour ride. Unfortunately it doesn't sail very often.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    hedonist said:

what pic is it? me and my wife?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Zod said:

hedonist said:

The ferry that runs from Tsawwassen (or however you spell it, its outside of Vancouver) to Sidney (outside of Victoria) is big. You don't need sea legs for that thing. It's a tank. It holds about 400 cars and a boatload of people (There's about 3/4 million people that live on Vancouver Island. About 350k in the Metro Victoria area). As the Ferry is big and has ample room outside and inside, you won't get claustrophobic on them. They're very smooth sailing.

On the other hand the ferry that comes over from Port Angeles is really old and small and can get wobbly. I've never taken the Seattle-Victoria Pedestrian ferry but its not that big, so that might cause claustrophobia issues. I still want to try out the ferry that goes from Sidney to Anacortes (which is outside of Bellingham). It's a 2 hour ride. Unfortunately it doesn't sail very often.

Zod, I should've said never "again", as the only ferry I've been on was the one (relatively fair-sized, I think?) from Dover to Calais years ago and aside from a few bouts of feeling normal, I hated it! Felt nauseous, crowded, and just wanted to get off.

Hugh - no, the pic Hank posted!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    hedonist said:

Zod said:

hedonist said:

Zod, I should've said never "again", as the only ferry I've been on was the one (relatively fair-sized, I think?) from Dover to Calais years ago and aside from a few bouts of feeling normal, I hated it! Felt nauseous, crowded, and just wanted to get off.

Hugh - no, the pic Hank posted!
    so frustrating that I can see some pics while at work, other ones I can't. stupid work getting in the way of online activity.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hobowithagrinhobowithagrin Posts: 114
    Petition signed! Come 'Running back to Saskatoon (or Regina, Regina would be even better, haha)'
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,272
    hedonist said:

They don't even run the ferry in rough weather anymore. I get super sea sick. I'm always drugging myself when I go out boating with friends and what not. The BC ferry really is smooth. They don't run it in harsh weather. Half the route goes through islands so it never really gets that deep (the deeper the water the bigger the rolls).

I took the ferry over from Wales to Ireland (and Northern Ireland to Scotland). Both were pretty rough compared to the BC ferry. I was heavily medicated :)
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited May 2015

Dude 200.00 bucks for a ferry ride from Seattle to Victoria is hardly big bucks and if you think it is you are even less intelligent than previously thought, it is actually cheap, and the band could play an acoustic set or something they don't have to have people drooling on them or hounding them for autographs, I figured it would be a great way to raise money for their charity and for them to have relaxed trip where they can fuck around little and no one gives a shit if they fuck up, the band would actually enjoy themselves in this setting.

All these people that want to talk smack about me, don't know shit about me, everyone who knows me and that includes many fans on here, will vouch for me, I am honest and have integrity and will always look everyone in the eyes, the second you can look me in the eyes, then you can talk smack, but neither of you have the guts, your egos are writing checks that your bodies would never even dream to cash, it is easy to try and act badass behind the screen of your PC when you don't have to face them, I live in Seattle really easy to find, come on down, until then go find a bridge to crawl back under, I hate having to go into a battle of wits with unarmed men, please next time provide a little more of a challenge please

man, so much anger here.

Hugh you got it all wrong, I never once said I would kick his ass, I have not been in a fight for almost 30 years, not even any wrestling around, what I meant was that people that attempt to assassinate someone else's character who they don't even know, from behind the safety of their computer screen, would be far to embarrassed to show the whole world what losers they truly are, so they hide that shit out in public, and the only way I would have any intention of beating dude is with wits and wisdom and humor and compassion, I am a hippie, done far too much LSD and listened to far too much 60's and 70's music not to know that nothing is ever resolved with violence, I was challenging him to come do that shit in public and own what a hoser he was being, I figure that humiliation is punishment enough
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options

Dude 200.00 bucks for a ferry ride from Seattle to Victoria is hardly big bucks and if you think it is you are even less intelligent than previously thought, it is actually cheap, and the band could play an acoustic set or something they don't have to have people drooling on them or hounding them for autographs, I figured it would be a great way to raise money for their charity and for them to have relaxed trip where they can fuck around little and no one gives a shit if they fuck up, the band would actually enjoy themselves in this setting.

All these people that want to talk smack about me, don't know shit about me, everyone who knows me and that includes many fans on here, will vouch for me, I am honest and have integrity and will always look everyone in the eyes, the second you can look me in the eyes, then you can talk smack, but neither of you have the guts, your egos are writing checks that your bodies would never even dream to cash, it is easy to try and act badass behind the screen of your PC when you don't have to face them, I live in Seattle really easy to find, come on down, until then go find a bridge to crawl back under, I hate having to go into a battle of wits with unarmed men, please next time provide a little more of a challenge please

man, so much anger here.

Hugh you got it all wrong, I never once said I would kick his ass, I have not been in a fight for almost 30 years, not even any wrestling around, what I meant was that people that attempt to assassinate someone else's character who they don't even know, from behind the safety of their computer screen, would be far to embarrassed to show the whole world what losers they truly are, so they hide that shit out in public, and the only way I would have any intention of beating dude is with wits and wisdom and humor and compassion, I am a hippie, done far too much LSD and listened to far too much 60's and 70's music not to know that nothing is ever resolved with violence, I was challenging him to come do that shit in public and own what a hoser he was being, I figure that humiliation is punishment enough
    You bring up some solid points in your owned thread bigbank.
    Gard don't you agree?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    sorry if I start using the word hoser too much, my new favorite word
  • Options

You need bob and doug in this photo. Not no names.
  • Options
    I know Bob and Doug
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2015

You need bob and doug in this photo not posers.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I always loved the McKenzie Brothers, I love all the Canadian shit Americans haven't heard of
  • Options
    but they were a little more famous than Corner Gas, love that show
  • Options
  • Options

but they were a little more famous than Corner Gas, love that show

More famous because they have a history.
    Corner gas amplifies Saskatchewan Canadians.
    Nice to see you find humour in us people from the prairies - Regina.
  • Options
    Saskatchewan is rad a really cool Pearl Jam fan from there Evan who I have become friends with was on a business trip here in Seattle, and he had an extra day to kill, so I smoked him out and showed him some cool places
  • Options
    TPB has become trendy here in the US with stoners
  • Options

shh,
    don't tell anyone that TPB is a good show
    we Canadian movie/television people don't like getting praise and/or credit anywhere.
  • Options

shh,
    don't tell anyone that TPB is a good show
    we Canadian movie/television people don't like getting praise and/or credit anywhere.
    lol, yeah I kind of noticed
  • Options
    I wish we had Tim Hortons here, Seattle would love Tim's
  • Options

Unless you americans like drinking dirty dishwater, tim hortons will not be missed in your country.
  • Options
    I just like the Donuts, lol
  • Options

Unless you americans like drinking dirty dishwater, tim hortons will not be missed in your country.
    never heard anyone really rip Tim's like that before
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Well you have heard it twice, lol. I don't go near the place either. Half of the Canadian population is hooked on the coffee, and I don't drink coffee. I don't eat donuts. And the rest of their food is awful. Combine that with ridiculous lineups and I'll pass.

Wanted to let you know, the best Canadian movie ever is from the early 90s, called The Road to Saddle River. It is hard to find but it is hilarious! Check it out.... Brilliant shit
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Well you have heard it twice, lol. I don't go near the place either. Half of the Canadian population is hooked on the coffee, and I don't drink coffee. I don't eat donuts. And the rest of their food is awful. Combine that with ridiculous lineups and I'll pass.

Wanted to let you know, the best Canadian movie ever is from the early 90s, called The Road to Saddle River. It is hard to find but it is hilarious! Check it out.... Brilliant shit

Make it three...REALLY bad coffee :coffee:
    We have Tim Horton's here in Ohio and I also avoid them!!!
    Aren't they owned by Burger King???
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    2 Days Left.

#24 In My Tree
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntKQ8tDQ-Io
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    derbydave said:

Make it three...REALLY bad coffee :coffee:
    We have Tim Horton's here in Ohio and I also avoid them!!!
    Aren't they owned by Burger King???
    Yeah, I think it is because Canada has better corporate tax rates. BK wants to move their head office to Canada, at least that was the rumour from the CEO