Options

Petition for 2015 Canadian Tour, because Pearl Jam fucking loves Canada

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited June 2015
    Hello to you too. You may want to know what you're talking avout before posting.

This is what I was referencing. They have held a countdown to the "announcement" and the thread then proceeds to be most everyone saying it will not happen, only for them to carry on as if they have some type of knowledge. They had none. There's no info to support any rumors at all of a Canadian tour, outside of hanks endless desire for there to be on. And it's likely he wants that because we all know he moved to Seattle and therefore believes he will get to attend shows in Canada.

Believe what you want about it, hell they could announce one tomorrow. But, as it stands, no rumors (outside of these threads) no proposed dates, no real reason at all to think it's happening.

Here's what was said when this "countdown to nothing" began.

"For PJ25 let's do a 25 Day Countdown till May 10th which should be the 2015 North American Tour Announcement. Post a song a day that you would love to see Pearl Jam perform live in Canada and make your dream setlist till the day of the announcement."

They toured the past two years for this album. Have toured usa, Europe, Australia, and South America. There's more reason to believe a tour is not in the works that reason to believe there is. Nothing wrong with being hopeful, but this has become ridiculous.
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited June 2015
    he is right though I never said it was a for sure thing. I may have talked like it was at times but deep down I knew there was a chance something might not be announced and i'm fine with that. You also say theres no reason at all to believe it would be happening when there was reasoning if you cant see that there's something wrong. More like the no rumours thing is the only reason to believe there not coming so many other signs pointed to them actually coming so I didn't let the no rumours thing get in the way
    Post edited by GardLivingston89 on
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    I like that GardLivingston89 and Hank are so optimistic about a Canadian tour this year. I would also love a tour as I only saw the Calgary 2013 show on the Lightning Bolt tour and plenty of people missed that due to the snowstorm. Plus the videos that they have posted have been great. Gard, I don't know if you are a Canadian, but thanks for waving the banner for us.
  • Options
    I Am Canadian. its funny that you would say that because I feel I have to mention now that my middle name is actually Bannerman as weird as it is i'm Gard Bannerman Livingston. lol. I'll be waiting for them to come. At most I got a year till there's a announcement. haha
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Hello to you too. You may want to know what you're talking avout before posting.

This is what I was referencing. They have held a countdown to the "announcement" and the thread then proceeds to be most everyone saying it will not happen, only for them to carry on as if they have some type of knowledge. They had none. There's no info to support any rumors at all of a Canadian tour, outside of hanks endless desire for there to be on. And it's likely he wants that because we all know he moved to Seattle and therefore believes he will get to attend shows in Canada.

Believe what you want about it, hell they could announce one tomorrow. But, as it stands, no rumors (outside of these threads) no proposed dates, no real reason at all to think it's happening.

Here's what was said when this "countdown to nothing" began.

"For PJ25 let's do a 25 Day Countdown till May 10th which should be the 2015 North American Tour Announcement. Post a song a day that you would love to see Pearl Jam perform live in Canada and make your dream setlist till the day of the announcement."

They toured the past two years for this album. Have toured usa, Europe, Australia, and South America. There's more reason to believe a tour is not in the works that reason to believe there is. Nothing wrong with being hopeful, but this has become ridiculous.

From the few posts of yours Ive seen lately, you are big on the "you dont know shit so shut up and let me teach you". I do know what im talking about. This was a lighthearted thread where hank got his jollies and everyone let him. It got no ones hopes up or caused any shit. It just got your panties in a bunch for some reason.

Lighten up and dont be so fucking negative and shitty to everyone.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for ignoring all the points in my post where I pointed out what you were saying was wrong.

No one is upset here. It's frustrating coming to the forum, and every day seeing two threads being bumped excessively by one or two people. And the thing is, everyone who has been around long enough understands how pj tours, and realize that after two years of touring, that it's pretty doubtful for a full fledge Canadian tour to be announced. When people politely say this its ignored. That's where my post comes from. It's not me just exploding over nothing.

From what I've gathered, many would like me to not correct things, or share my opinion. And that's ok. I don't need to continue to do so.

Carry on as you were.
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited June 2015

Thanks for ignoring all the points in my post where I pointed out what you were saying was wrong.

No one is upset here. It's frustrating coming to the forum, and every day seeing two threads being bumped excessively by one or two people. And the thing is, everyone who has been around long enough understands how pj tours, and realize that after two years of touring, that it's pretty doubtful for a full fledge Canadian tour to be announced. When people politely say this its ignored. That's where my post comes from. It's not me just exploding over nothing.

From what I've gathered, many would like me to not correct things, or share my opinion. And that's ok. I don't need to continue to do so.

Carry on as you were.

If you understand how PJ tours work then how come your making no sense? They have always toured in Canada and SA 2 years after touring. You keep making me explain myself. lol Okay so in 2003 they played 3 shows in Canada and SA and in total for 2003 and 2004 they played 90 shows. Then they played in Canada and SA in 2005. In 2009 they played 3 shows in Canada and SA and in total for 2009 and 2010 played 59 shows, then played in Canada and SA in 2011. In 2013 they played 3 shows in Canada and SA and in total for 2013 and 2014 played 62 shows. Now if you don't see why some of us would think there touring here in 2015 then that's your own problem but saying I don't know there touring is way off look at everywhere they toured all those years and almost always started and ended at Canada and SA after touring almost everywhere else.
    Just wanted to make that clear one more time lol. Sorry everyone.
    Post edited by GardLivingston89 on
  • Options
    Only reason now I can think of is that in 2016 PJ25 will be huge. But still 2015 made more sense to me.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Carry on as you were.

I ignored it because I was not wrong. and besides that, getting frustrated over a thread being bumped by a couple of people is just plain weird. it's just a few people holding out hope and having some fun posting videos. nothing more.

correcting information is fine. But people don't respond well to the "do some fucking research before you post" garbage.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Carry on as you were.

I ignored it because I was not wrong. and besides that, getting frustrated over a thread being bumped by a couple of people is just plain weird. it's just a few people holding out hope and having some fun posting videos. nothing more.

correcting information is fine. But people don't respond well to the "do some fucking research before you post" garbage.

its true let alone her points really made no sense.

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    go Canada go!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Hell Ya!!!
  • Options
    Off He Goes Ottawa, ON 09.14.11 HD http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pwcfqFQU2C0
  • Options
    well i give up for this year.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880

well i give up for this year.

It's ok. We'll just have to save our money and blow it all away next year for their PJ25 tour. :sunglasses:
  • Options
    hell ya are we thinking Pearl Jam Canada 2016 is a for sure thing?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542

Carry on as you were.

So far you were right there is no Canada tour so you've got that going for you.
  • Options

Carry on as you were.

So far you were right there is no Canada tour so you've got that going for you.
    her point still didnt make sense though. just saying. theyve toured in Canada after touring for years a few times so i guess she hasnt been around long enough to know pj tours
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Canadians are still hot.
    www.cluthelee.com