Options

Petition for 2015 Canadian Tour, because Pearl Jam fucking loves Canada

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited May 2015

Yeah. The band wants to come hang out. Lol. How many times have you posted this exact line?

PEARL JAM DOESNT WANT TO COME
    HANG OUT WITH YOU.

lol, maybe so, but you never know, and I am stoned and just saying whatever I feel like, so it is all good either way, not sure why people would even get all serious about something I was saying basically in a sarcastic state of mind, seriously people, stop taking shit so seriously
    You're right.
    My apologies for taking stuff you say seriously.

edit- something or other
    that was actually the first thing you have said that makes sense the past few days, life is too short to take any of this seriously, save the seriousness for stuff that actual matters, like paying bills, making sure you make it to work on time, doing a good job, be kind to all the people you meet, and love as much as you possibly can, that is the shit that matters, not picking apart some sarcastic bullshit in a thread on the Pearl Jam website, because once you start taking sarcasm seriously, you are on the expressway towards being an fully decorated asshole
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2015

Yeah. The band wants to come hang out. Lol. How many times have you posted this exact line?

PEARL JAM DOESNT WANT TO COME
    HANG OUT WITH YOU.

lol, maybe so, but you never know, and I am stoned and just saying whatever I feel like, so it is all good either way, not sure why people would even get all serious about something I was saying basically in a sarcastic state of mind, seriously people, stop taking shit so seriously
    You're right.
    My apologies for taking stuff you say seriously.

edit- spelling
    that was actually the first thing you have said that makes sense the past few days, life is too short to take any of this seriously, save the seriousness for stuff that actual matters, like paying bills, making sure you make it to work on time, doing a good job, be kind to all the people you meet, and love as much as you possibly can, that is the shit that matters, not picking apart some sarcastic bullshit in a thread on the Pearl Jam website, because once you start taking sarcasm seriously, you are on the expressway towards being an fully decorated asshole
    I agree.

edit - something or other
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    I wasn't paying attention, sorry for the typo
  • Options

I wasn't paying attention, sorry for the typo

There is no typo in this shameless bump though
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/233189/pearl-jam-play-regina
  • Options
    GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited May 2015
    I agree he was clearly joking. Think you guys should possibly leave the thread. Your clearly not wanted here. If you don't like Hank I don't see why you keep coming back. You have posted nothing positive about Pearl Jam Coming to Canada or barely anything at all on the idea since this thread started a year ago and now your blowing it up with this bullshit that is wasting my time me having to read every time I come on here. Don't mean to be a asshole but can you guys just leave the thread? You know who you are.
    Post edited by GardLivingston89 on
  • Options
  • Options
    I am going to keep pushing for Pearl Jam to tour Canada again until it happens, I don't understand why they haven't been back to Toronto since the last time they were there they had such a great time
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    Bump
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Or Hamilton they rocked the shit out of that place.
  • Options

Or Hamilton they rocked the shit out of that place.

Yeah that was a great show
  • Options
  • Options
    4 Days Left.

#22 Strangest Tribe
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8tA8Xby_s
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    The Boys have to do an Alberta tour to celebrate the political shift left of center in Alberta! I say Fort Mac, Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary and Lethbridge all get a show.
    Pretty soon Alberta will be on the "right side of history" by legalizing marijuana and of course the environmentalists will love the NDP. Also, they will tax the corps higher and the wealthy.
    Change was needed, and the electorate spoke. Let's reward Alberta for showing democracy still works!
  • Options

The Boys have to do an Alberta tour to celebrate the political shift left of center in Alberta! I say Fort Mac, Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary and Lethbridge all get a show.
    Pretty soon Alberta will be on the "right side of history" by legalizing marijuana and of course the environmentalists will love the NDP. Also, they will tax the corps higher and the wealthy.
    Change was needed, and the electorate spoke. Let's reward Alberta for showing democracy still works!

hell yeah, I am so down, I love Alberta :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,290
    I wish I'd been in Alberta to see this happen.

BTW Alberta can't make weed legal. Drugs are federal law. About the most that could be done, is a province could pass law telling their police forces not to enforce the law. I don't think it would help much. It really doesn't help turn off the black market, which is one of the worst side effects of it being illegal.

Back to the original topic. Play Victoria!! :)

I was reading the other day that the counting crows did a Canadian tour (I stumbled into a review of a show in Alberta). I was wondering if they were coming to Victoria and looked at the tour dates. They are playing a number of cities much smaller than here. Victoria's not huge, but it's amazing how often we get overlooked. Even for bands that are more suited for a smaller venue :(

If your going to play saskatoon, regina, small ontario towns, atlantic canada, why not come to Victoria. If you can play those cities you an most definitely play here. We're not Vancouver :)

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    what is all this "x days left" stuff? an estimation on when the tour has to be announced for it to happen in the fall?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

off topic, but it's my thread so who cares? here is some of the legal Marijuana I smoked, it is legal here in Seattle, 2 different strains Green Crack and Platinum Girl Scout Cookies, if any of the guys in the band want to come over, I will smoke any of you out, both strains are happy and euphoric, cannabis should be a human right

If I was in Seattle I would come smoke with you brother... and talk about vinyl
  • Options
    Zod said:

I wish I'd been in Alberta to see this happen.

BTW Alberta can't make weed legal. Drugs are federal law. About the most that could be done, is a province could pass law telling their police forces not to enforce the law. I don't think it would help much. It really doesn't help turn off the black market, which is one of the worst side effects of it being illegal.

Back to the original topic. Play Victoria!! :)

I was reading the other day that the counting crows did a Canadian tour (I stumbled into a review of a show in Alberta). I was wondering if they were coming to Victoria and looked at the tour dates. They are playing a number of cities much smaller than here. Victoria's not huge, but it's amazing how often we get overlooked. Even for bands that are more suited for a smaller venue :(

If your going to play saskatoon, regina, small ontario towns, atlantic canada, why not come to Victoria. If you can play those cities you an most definitely play here. We're not Vancouver :)

is it a cost issue of getting all the gear there? are flights in and out of victoria more than land cities?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,290
    edited May 2015

is it a cost issue of getting all the gear there? are flights in and out of victoria more than land cities?

The flights aren't too much more expensive. Maybe $50 bux or so extra to fly into Victoria instead of Vancouver. I suppose it's the gear that's the tough part. The only way to get gear over would be in a tractor trailer (rig). Thus you need the ferries. I imagine the cost of the ferries aren't too bad (by the time you average it out on the tickets you might have to charge a few bucks extra per ticket). The part that hurts is the first ferry doesn't go to the mainland until 7am. I think many concerts pack up the gear and immediately start trucking it to the next venue (overnight). I guess that's a bit of a problem if you do a show in Victoria.

If your coming from Seattle you can take a float plane here, there's a 3 hour long passenger ferry that goes right from downtown Seattle to downtown Victoria, you can drive to Port Angeles (2 hours from the Seattle) and take the ferry from Port Angeles to downtown Victoria (90 minute ferry).

We're so close to Seattle it isn't funny. 115km as the crow flies. About 70ish miles.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Zod said:

The flights aren't too much more expensive. Maybe $50 bux or so extra to fly into Victoria instead of Vancouver. I suppose it's the gear that's the tough part. The only way to get gear over would be in a tractor trailer (rig). Thus you need the ferries. I imagine the cost of the ferries aren't too bad (by the time you average it out on the tickets you might have to charge a few bucks extra per ticket). The part that hurts is the first ferry doesn't go to the mainland until 7am. I think many concerts pack up the gear and immediately start trucking it to the next venue (overnight). I guess that's a bit of a problem if you do a show in Victoria.

If your coming from Seattle you can take a float plane here, there's a 3 hour long passenger ferry that goes right from downtown Seattle to downtown Victoria, you can drive to Port Angeles (2 hours from the Seattle) and take the ferry from Port Angeles to downtown Victoria (90 minute ferry).

We're so close to Seattle it isn't funny. 115km as the crow flies. About 70ish miles.
    They could sell seats on the ferry and the band could hang out with the fans, make tickets like 200.00 and 50% can go to the Vitalogy Foundation, that would be pretty fucking rad, maybe like 200 tickets or something, nothing too crazy
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited May 2015
    I keep reading the subject as "Pearl Jam Loves Fucking Canada". And maybe they do!

Such a strange thread. Don't even know how I stumbled upon it.

As to the band stuck on a ferry with fans? Guessing they'd be...

(in a much nicer and non-gun way, of course)

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2015
    hedonist said:

I keep reading the subject as "Pearl Jam Loves Fucking Canada". And maybe they do!

Hedo
    Edit/erase your post to spare the wrath that is coming.

edit number two - I'll take the wrath

edit three - I think it would be a fanfuckingtastic idea for Pearl Jam to be stuck on a Ferry Ride with Fans who paid lots of money for a ticket to hang out. What a great idea.
    Gotta hand it to big bank,

edit four - gard, do you agree with that great idea?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

hedonist said:

Hedo
    Edit/erase your post to spare the wrath that is coming.

edit number two - I'll take the wrath

edit three - I think it would be a fanfuckingtastic idea for Pearl Jam to be stuck on a Ferry Ride with Fans who paid lots of money for a ticket to hang out. What a great idea.
    Gotta hand it to big bank,

edit four - gard, do you agree with that great idea?
    Haha - I've been dealt it in this place and in real life, under the oddest circumstances and contexts.

Thank goodness for perspective :)

I'll hold the wrath.......release me!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,789

what is all this "x days left" stuff? an estimation on when the tour has to be announced for it to happen in the fall?

It's a countdown to the 10th(otherwise known as my birthday), in hopes of a tour announcement.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Dude 200.00 bucks for a ferry ride from Seattle to Victoria is hardly big bucks and if you think it is you are even less intelligent than previously thought, it is actually cheap, and the band could play an acoustic set or something they don't have to have people drooling on them or hounding them for autographs, I figured it would be a great way to raise money for their charity and for them to have relaxed trip where they can fuck around little and no one gives a shit if they fuck up, the band would actually enjoy themselves in this setting.

All these people that want to talk smack about me, don't know shit about me, everyone who knows me and that includes many fans on here, will vouch for me, I am honest and have integrity and will always look everyone in the eyes, the second you can look me in the eyes, then you can talk smack, but neither of you have the guts, your egos are writing checks that your bodies would never even dream to cash, it is easy to try and act badass behind the screen of your PC when you don't have to face them, I live in Seattle really easy to find, come on down, until then go find a bridge to crawl back under, I hate having to go into a battle of wits with unarmed men, please next time provide a little more of a challenge please

Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited May 2015
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options

Dude 200.00 bucks for a ferry ride from Seattle to Victoria is hardly big bucks and if you think it is you are even less intelligent than previously thought, it is actually cheap, and the band could play an acoustic set or something they don't have to have people drooling on them or hounding them for autographs, I figured it would be a great way to raise money for their charity and for them to have relaxed trip where they can fuck around little and no one gives a shit if they fuck up, the band would actually enjoy themselves in this setting.

All these people that want to talk smack about me, don't know shit about me, everyone who knows me and that includes many fans on here, will vouch for me, I am honest and have integrity and will always look everyone in the eyes, the second you can look me in the eyes, then you can talk smack, but neither of you have the guts, your egos are writing checks that your bodies would never even dream to cash, it is easy to try and act badass behind the screen of your PC when you don't have to face them, I live in Seattle really easy to find, come on down, until then go find a bridge to crawl back under, I hate having to go into a battle of wits with unarmed men, please next time provide a little more of a challenge please

man, so much anger here.

I would think the band would never in a billion years do the "ferry with fans" thing. that's a thing for a washed up 80's band, or a band that hasn't yet broke big, with a small, yet somewhat fanatical fanbase to do. or something they may have considered for some senior local fanclub members in the mid to late 90's, when much of their fame dropped off. plus $200 a ticket isn't worth the hassle, even for charity. it would probably be closer to $2000 per ticket. hell, the headstones booked private semi-unplugged sessions for 20 people at a total cost of $5000 per group.

and if victoria is that close to seattle, and it's such a pain in the ass to get their shit there, no wonder they don't play there. I'd welcome taking a short road trip to see my favourite band. if I only had to drive for 2 hours to see them in their home town, no question about it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Umm.

What?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Umm.

What?
    I believe this is addressing pjfanwillneverleave

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com