Petition for 2015 Canadian Tour, because Pearl Jam fucking loves Canada

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    12-04-2013 Vancouver BC Full Show Multicam SBD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrRwG6hO5t0
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

really can't stand all the vinyl threads, this will be probably be my last thread, at least here in The Porch, so whenever the Canadian shows get announced, I will stop coming here until all the vinyl threads get their own section, because all the special interest and charity things and talking about different songs and shows gets drowned out by the volume of merchandise threads, it sucks having to sift through all the merchandise threads, so I really don't bother anymore, I respect peoples love on vinyl, I own a bunch, but I just listen to them, and there is so much vinyl talk and people are so rabid about it, that it deserves it's own section, maybe it is just me, but I would of thought having a Canadian Tour this year would be way more important, and maybe this is the way the Pearl Jam brand wants it, because it moves way more merchandise and they don't have to tour as much, the vinyl threads can even have The Porch, but can't we have a Pearl Jam section with everything else but vinyl, anyway that is my rant, but for financial reasons I am sure it won't happen, but I know a bunch of Pearl Jam fans who have all gone to Facebook who have been driven away and they tell me they never come on here except for tickets and merchandise and never go in the forums anymore. That is the best part of life if you think something sucks, nothing forces you to stay, I am picking my words carefully so I don't get this thread locked, pretty sure I stayed within the forum guidelines, anyway this is my opinion, and as part of living in a country that was built on freedom of speech, I am entitled to my opinion even if it differs from yours, taking that away and censoring what people say, as long as there are no personal attacks on forum members or band members or people who work for pearl jam, then that is just arbitrary and it deserves to be heard, and suggesting a new forum section doesn't fit that criteria, if it does get locked that will only show that Pearl Jam has become a corporation who will censor free expression, and if that day ever comes it will be a really sad day for someone whose first show was Reno 1993, and someone who has always admired the members of Pearl Jam for their standing up for freedom of expressions and speech, the moderators I feel it is incumbent for them to try to uphold the ideals expressed by the band. Maybe I am living in a fantasy world, but I have always thought of Pearl Jam as something greater, but censorship and not allowing people to express opinions is not that, and maybe the mods feel that The Porch would be better without my contributions, that's fine too, there are so many Pearl Jam fans in the world, that I won't having a problem finding other fans to talk to

Sound a little jaded there bud. Bands that have been around for 25 years and are HUGE usually don't tour that much. Hell, the older I get, I look for ways to make more money and work less despite the fact I enjoy what I do.
    Look at U2's World Tour. Just the big cities, they sure aren't playing Spokane, Moline, Charlottesville or Oklahoma City.
    I'm not sure questioning the band's integrity is called for, or even necessary. I just don't know what basis you could place on essentially inferring they may be the heartless "PJ Inc." who just wants to sell junk to their rabid fan base and not tour.
    This rant is a bit rambling, and I'm not sure why your feelings are so hurt lol. It's just a fan club forum.
    Having said that, you are entitled to your opinion, and you put it into an open forum you must expect rebuttle, as that is the basis of democracy.
    Anyways, I agree the boys should play Canada, but if they don't, they don't. Cheers.
  • Options

really can't stand all the vinyl threads, this will be probably be my last thread, at least here in The Porch, so whenever the Canadian shows get announced, I will stop coming here until all the vinyl threads get their own section, because all the special interest and charity things and talking about different songs and shows gets drowned out by the volume of merchandise threads, it sucks having to sift through all the merchandise threads, so I really don't bother anymore, I respect peoples love on vinyl, I own a bunch, but I just listen to them, and there is so much vinyl talk and people are so rabid about it, that it deserves it's own section, maybe it is just me, but I would of thought having a Canadian Tour this year would be way more important, and maybe this is the way the Pearl Jam brand wants it, because it moves way more merchandise and they don't have to tour as much, the vinyl threads can even have The Porch, but can't we have a Pearl Jam section with everything else but vinyl, anyway that is my rant, but for financial reasons I am sure it won't happen, but I know a bunch of Pearl Jam fans who have all gone to Facebook who have been driven away and they tell me they never come on here except for tickets and merchandise and never go in the forums anymore. That is the best part of life if you think something sucks, nothing forces you to stay, I am picking my words carefully so I don't get this thread locked, pretty sure I stayed within the forum guidelines, anyway this is my opinion, and as part of living in a country that was built on freedom of speech, I am entitled to my opinion even if it differs from yours, taking that away and censoring what people say, as long as there are no personal attacks on forum members or band members or people who work for pearl jam, then that is just arbitrary and it deserves to be heard, and suggesting a new forum section doesn't fit that criteria, if it does get locked that will only show that Pearl Jam has become a corporation who will censor free expression, and if that day ever comes it will be a really sad day for someone whose first show was Reno 1993, and someone who has always admired the members of Pearl Jam for their standing up for freedom of expressions and speech, the moderators I feel it is incumbent for them to try to uphold the ideals expressed by the band. Maybe I am living in a fantasy world, but I have always thought of Pearl Jam as something greater, but censorship and not allowing people to express opinions is not that, and maybe the mods feel that The Porch would be better without my contributions, that's fine too, there are so many Pearl Jam fans in the world, that I won't having a problem finding other fans to talk to

So what are you trying to say?
  • Options

Sound a little jaded there bud. Bands that have been around for 25 years and are HUGE usually don't tour that much. Hell, the older I get, I look for ways to make more money and work less despite the fact I enjoy what I do.
    Look at U2's World Tour. Just the big cities, they sure aren't playing Spokane, Moline, Charlottesville or Oklahoma City.
    I'm not sure questioning the band's integrity is called for, or even necessary. I just don't know what basis you could place on essentially inferring they may be the heartless "PJ Inc." who just wants to sell junk to their rabid fan base and not tour.
    This rant is a bit rambling, and I'm not sure why your feelings are so hurt lol. It's just a fan club forum.
    Having said that, you are entitled to your opinion, and you put it into an open forum you must expect rebuttle, as that is the basis of democracy.
    Anyways, I agree the boys should play Canada, but if they don't, they don't. Cheers.
    because free speech has been censored so often in here without justification, I am sure it has to be under some guidelines or directive, maybe it is just arbitrary and the band has nothing to do with it, who knows, and maybe I was rambling a bit, but I had a thread locked for suggesting that there be a separate section for vinyl and it may as well as be for all merchandise. sorry if I like talking about and reading stuff about the music and touring and special interest and fan experiences, and there has to be some reason so many long time fans have left the forums, they are all really cool people, so ask yourself why that might be? and maybe there is something to it, but I respect your right to your opinion even if it differs from mine, and the band members are really cool guys that is why some of the censorship I have seen in here, is mystifying
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2015

I respect your right to your opinion even if it differs from mine, and the band members are really cool guys that is why some of the censorship I have seen in here, is mystifying
    If anything, when opinions differ from yours turmoil manifests.

Edit - spelling
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I respect your right to your opinion even if it differs from mine, and the band members are really cool guys that is why some of the censorship I have seen in here, is mystifying
    why you have to be a tool? maybe a few times, out of thousands of posts, you have posted bullshit too but I have learned how to move on and not hold on to shit, you should give it a try sometime, but personal attacks are more your style apparently anyway, it sucks they took away the block feature, another Facebook advantage

Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    edited May 2015

why you have to be a tool? it sucks they took away the block feature, another Facebook advantage

Why are you calling me a tool?
    All you have to do is not respond to have your facebook advantage.
    You get angry at people way too fast in this forum

edit- spelling
  • Options
    yeah you call into question my character when you don't know shit about me, that makes you a tool, ask any fans who have actually met me and hung out with me, you haven't got the guts to do that, you would rather hang on to your negative image you have constructed in your mind, and anyone that forms opinions with so little information about someone, is not someone I need to care what they say anyway
  • Options
    anyway I am going to go smoke a bowl and watch game of thrones, so you do whatever you want, I don't care
  • Options

because free speech has been censored so often in here without justification, I am sure it has to be under some guidelines or directive, maybe it is just arbitrary and the band has nothing to do with it, who knows, and maybe I was rambling a bit, but I had a thread locked for suggesting that there be a separate section for vinyl and it may as well as be for all merchandise. sorry if I like talking about and reading stuff about the music and touring and special interest and fan experiences, and there has to be some reason so many long time fans have left the forums, they are all really cool people, so ask yourself why that might be? and maybe there is something to it, but I respect your right to your opinion even if it differs from mine, and the band members are really cool guys that is why some of the censorship I have seen in here, is mystifying

Ok. I did not realize you had a history there.
    Listen, I am not even on Facialbook (or Twatter or Instagrammy ) because I am not narcissistic so this is all I have to keep up with the band and fellow fans.
    You don't have to apologize, but I have found all kinds of threads to comment on and this has been recently. Maybe the forum isn't what it once was, but in today's world with the average person's attention span, that is not the least bit surprising.
  • Options

why you have to be a tool? maybe a few times, out of thousands of posts, you have posted bullshit too but I have learned how to move on and not hold on to shit, you should give it a try sometime, but personal attacks are more your style apparently anyway, it sucks they took away the block feature, another Facebook advantage

Certainly no reason to resort to name calling Hank. :rock_on:
  • Options
    Let's get back to Pearl Jam Coming to Canada!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015

dude bashes my character, which is character assassination, and you are singling me out of that mess for calling him a tool for doing it? you obviously never lived in Chicago, sorry that is what happens, when someone does that, eh! and tool is pretty mild in the whole spectrum of name calling, but slandering someone should be way more offensive than calling someone a tool, unless you are taking sides and piling on, which is the way it is coming across
  • Options

what if I just call him a hoser? is that Canadian enough for your sensibilities?
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    edited May 2015

what if I just call him a hoser? is that Canadian enough for your sensibilities?
    Post edited by sparky_fry on
  • Options
    6 Days Left.

#20 Spin The Black Circle
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ0w0HwoMxQ
  • Options

dude bashes my character, which is character assassination, and you are singling me out of that mess for calling him a tool for doing it? you obviously never lived in Chicago, sorry that is what happens, when someone does that, eh! and tool is pretty mild in the whole spectrum of name calling, but slandering someone should be way more offensive than calling someone a tool, unless you are taking sides and piling on, which is the way it is coming across
    You are way too sensitive for me dude. No I have never lived in Chicago and no I wasn't taking sides. Was just trying to keep it as adult as possible.
    Seems to me your hypocrisy is shining through, as you are trying to pick an online scrap with someone who was merely trying to keep the peace, ahem, eh.
    Actually nevermind, meh. :confounded:
  • Options

Let's get back to Pearl Jam Coming to Canada!!

Yes, as the Stanley Cup playoffs,are borrrrrring
  • Options

You are way too sensitive for me dude. No I have never lived in Chicago and no I wasn't taking sides. Was just trying to keep it as adult as possible.
    Seems to me your hypocrisy is shining through, as you are trying to pick an online scrap with someone who was merely trying to keep the peace, ahem, eh.
    Actually nevermind, meh. :confounded:
    yeah whatever, eh, still taking shots on your way out, me sensitive, lol, that shows how little you actually know about me, I save my sensitivity for things that actually matter, and are far more important than this, my life is awesome with or without this
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Play Fort Mac!!!! Bring Neil with you :lol:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,280
    are there any real rumors of Canada dates or just hoping?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Canadians still hot. I don't care what Tempo says...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Play Fort Mac!!!! Bring Neil with you :lol:

Hell Yeah! I would be down
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The 3 years they played South America before, they have also played CANADA, and the Canadian Tours don't take a lot of notice usually, but they will have to announce something before July, after that it would be difficult to do a September/October tour, figuring they would want a little time off prior to South America
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,040
    pjhawks said:

No.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    off topic, but it's my thread so who cares? here is some of the legal Marijuana I smoked, it is legal here in Seattle, 2 different strains Green Crack and Platinum Girl Scout Cookies, if any of the guys in the band want to come over, I will smoke any of you out, both strains are happy and euphoric, cannabis should be a human right
  • Options
    edited May 2015

off topic, but it's my thread so who cares? here is some of the legal Marijuana I smoked, it is legal here in Seattle, 2 different strains Green Crack and Platinum Girl Scout Cookies, if any of the guys in the band want to come over, I will smoke any of you out, both strains are happy and euphoric, cannabis should be a human right

Well since it's your thread and you don't care.
    It is strange to ask members of the band to come over and smoke with you.
    It is even weirder to say you will smoke any of them out.

But hey
    This is your thread and you don't care.

Bizarre

edit - spelling
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited May 2015
    Yeah. The band wants to come hang out. Lol. How many times have you posted this exact line?

PEARL JAM DOESNT WANT TO COME
    HANG OUT WITH YOU.

• Options
    edited May 2015

Yeah. The band wants to come hang out. Lol. How many times have you posted this exact line?

HANG OUT WITH YOU.

lol, maybe so, but you never know, and I am stoned and just saying whatever I feel like, so it is all good either way, not sure why people would even get all serious about something I was saying basically in a sarcastic state of mind, seriously people, stop taking shit so seriously
  • Options
    edited May 2015

HANG OUT WITH YOU.

lol, maybe so, but you never know, and I am stoned and just saying whatever I feel like, so it is all good either way, not sure why people would even get all serious about something I was saying basically in a sarcastic state of mind, seriously people, stop taking shit so seriously
    You're right.
    My apologies for taking stuff you say seriously.

edit- something or other