Options

Cliven Bundy

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

Cosmo said:

unsung said:

And again it's not the point of this thread.

You're correct. The point of the thread is whether or not a citizen can ignore the system of law in this country... a system that is outlined and built by our Constitution... based soley upon the belief that the person does not believe in the law because he/she does not like the law

That we should basically, leave trespassers alone... because they have been trespassing for the past 20 years or so.
    yeah.......kinda like illegal border crossing ?
    Godfather.
    So, am I correct to presume that since you are against illegal immigration (trespassing), then you are also on the side of the Federal Government in the Cliven Bundy case?
    And yes.. I believe that the U.S. NEEDS comprehensive immigration Reform. That is to look at the issue from all sides and seek common ground solutions that are beneficial for businesses that rely on cheap labor and the migrant workers willing to accept those jobs at that pay rate.
    The Bundy situation is completely different. Mr. Bundy is trespassing on Government Owned land. Illegal Immigrants are being hired by American Private citizens to work in Private Sector businesses.
    See the difference?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,166
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

That the anti - government types are ALWAYS ALL WHITE??

Apparantly you are not familiar with The S1W, the Apocalypse of 91,and the Terrordome project ....
    I'm well acquainted with Public Enemy canon and yet I dont see Chuck D, Flavor Flav, or Professor Griff out on the frontlines defending people like Cliven Bundy.
    Professer Griff has declared that they maintain a shadow network for the time being. After the noise had been brought, setbacks have occured. One does not simply call 911 these days.
    yes, after the noise had been brought (1989 was the year 0 AN), i heard terminator x had spun the wax for the last time and now he is workin for the man. funny how things turn out...

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    it just keeps getting better...

triple facepalm...

Cliven Bundy: If People Think I'm Racist, Blame MLK Jr.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/25/cliven-bundy-racist-mlk_n_5212526.html

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy claimed during a Friday interview on CNN that he didn’t understand the bipartisan outrage over his recent comments suggesting the "Negro people" were “better off” as slaves, and blamed the perception that he's racist on Martin Luther King Jr. for not finishing “his job.”

"I took this boot off so I wouldn’t put my foot in my mouth with the boot on," Bundy said. "Let me see if I can say something. Maybe I sinned, and maybe I need to ask forgiveness, and maybe I don't know what I actually said, but when you talk about prejudice, we're talking about not being able to exercise what we think.

“If I say 'Negro' or 'black boy' or 'slave,' if those people cannot take those kind of words and not be [offended], then Martin Luther King hasn't got his job done yet," he added. "We need to get over this prejudice stuff."

Bundy has allowed his cattle to illegally graze on government-owned land without paying fees since 1993. He has been championed as an anti-government crusader in recent weeks by some conservatives, including Sens. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.), though they've distanced themselves from him in the wake of his racist remarks.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    edited April 2014
    what is getting muddled up here ids this:
    1. Comparing Bundy with Ruby Ridge and/or Waco, TX.
    Wrong because both Ruby Ridge and Waco took place on private property. Bundy's dispute is taking place on Federally owned land. Big difference.
    2. Comparing Bundy to emminent domain.
    Wrong because emminent domain is not taking place. Mr. Bundy does not own the property in question. No one is coming to take 'his' land. They are there to remove his property (cattle) from their land.
    3. Excessive force used by the Federal government
    Wrong because the initial force was met with armed protestors. People like this:
    imageimage
    Will bring in people like this:
    Post edited by Cosmo on
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    i would like to see the blm roll in with a few tanks, just to prove the point.

• Options
    Clowns.

Does anyone seriously think anyone there was truly wishing for any kind of 'action'? I firmly believe this was just a stage to display their commando gear and really cool guns.

Sure... these fools are probably talking in the pub right now about how they were 'ready to go'... but the thing unmentioned is the fact that none had the will or desire to truly get into it. They knew the patience and discipline of the government officers was such that they were 'safe' displaying their false bravado.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    the militia needs to get jobs.

if i had to put my life on the line for a cause, it would not be for this one and it would not be for this dumbass, racist, unamerican, tax dodging deadbeat.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550

the militia needs to get jobs.

if i had to put my life on the line for a cause, it would not be for this one and it would not be for this dumbass, racist, unamerican, tax dodging deadbeat.

EXACTLY!!!
  • Options

Technically... they weren't actually putting their lives on the line... they were putting their wives' and daughter's lifes on the line.
    Or so they claim.

Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I smell a reality show in the future. I'm sure there is at least one network mulling the idea over.
  • Options
    might as well put it on the history channel. that network sucks ass now anyway.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited April 2014

yes, after the noise had been brought (1989 was the year 0 AN), i heard terminator x had spun the wax for the last time and now he is workin for the man. funny how things turn out...

it turns out Terminator X became an ostrich farmer ... i repeat, an ostrich farmer. let that sink in ....
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    Jason P said:

it turns out Terminator X became an ostrich farmer ... i repeat, an ostrich farmer. let that sink in ....
    got so used to educating people with their head in the sand it was an easy transition

that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options

triple facepalm...

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy claimed during a Friday interview on CNN that he didn’t understand the bipartisan outrage over his recent comments suggesting the "Negro people" were “better off” as slaves, and blamed the perception that he's racist on Martin Luther King Jr. for not finishing “his job.”

"I took this boot off so I wouldn’t put my foot in my mouth with the boot on," Bundy said. "Let me see if I can say something. Maybe I sinned, and maybe I need to ask forgiveness, and maybe I don't know what I actually said, but when you talk about prejudice, we're talking about not being able to exercise what we think.

“If I say 'Negro' or 'black boy' or 'slave,' if those people cannot take those kind of words and not be [offended], then Martin Luther King hasn't got his job done yet," he added. "We need to get over this prejudice stuff."

Bundy has allowed his cattle to illegally graze on government-owned land without paying fees since 1993. He has been championed as an anti-government crusader in recent weeks by some conservatives, including Sens. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.), though they've distanced themselves from him in the wake of his racist remarks.

smh....wow. This dude just needs to shut his mouth.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,734

triple facepalm...

smh....wow. This dude just needs to shut his mouth.
    Good GOD, yes! The man is badly in need of some duck take around the mouth.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited April 2014
    Let him continue to spew his ignorance. Rather sad when a person doesn't even realize he's being a racist but have seen this often. Duck dick was same way.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Cosmo said:

Wrong because both Ruby Ridge and Waco took place on private property. Bundy's dispute is taking place on Federally owned land. Big difference.
    Wrong because emminent domain is not taking place. Mr. Bundy does not own the property in question. No one is coming to take 'his' land. They are there to remove his property (cattle) from their land.
    Wrong because the initial force was met with armed protestors. People like this:
    imageimage

Those armed govt thugs were there prior to any protestors.

Awful heavy handed to collect a tax.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,616
    unsung said:

Cosmo said:

imageimage

Do you know the difference between a "tax" and a "fee?" Also, do you know the difference between "public" and "private" land?

Peace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    armed government thugs?

the dude owes the feds over a million dollars and they have been trying to get him to pay up for 20 years.

at what point would you try something other than a phone call and a bunch of letters that have not been responded to??

the man should go to jail, but he will not allow it. so if he has a gun, the feds are going to show up with guns too.

bundy has had enough of a free ride AND he got famous over it.

pay up and get they fuck off of federal land. period. end of story. the vast majority of americans feel the same way.

• Options

armed government thugs?

the dude owes the feds over a million dollars and they have been trying to get him to pay up for 20 years.

at what point would you try something other than a phone call and a bunch of letters that have not been responded to??

the man should go to jail, but he will not allow it. so if he has a gun, the feds are going to show up with guns too.

bundy has had enough of a free ride AND he got famous over it.

pay up and get they fuck off of federal land. period. end of story. the vast majority of americans feel the same way.

Bingo.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    unsung said:

I'm really sorry I have to correct you, again... but, the threat came after the initial contact made by the Bundy Family and their supporters on 05-April-2014. That was the day when the Bundy sons were arrested by local and federal law enforcement after a group of protestors threatened unarmed civilian B.L.M. employees as they oversaw the confiscation of Bundy cattle on land owned by the United States. The scuffle took place on public property, not on Bundy's privately owned ranch.
    One of the sons was arrested for kicking a dog (supervised by local (Nevada) canine officers). The others were arrested for interferring with the arrest.
    There was a law enforcement force on site to deal with Bundy's previous threats of 'Doing whatever it takes' to prevent the confiscation of his cattle. He and members of his family were on record saying things, such as, "I own a shotgun and know how to use it".
    After that, self-proclaimed armed militia men began showing up to the Bunkervile site as a show of force and strategised the use women and children as "human shields". That is what you are reporting on. The local and federal law enforcement forces that were called in as tensions rose due to the increase of armed protestors coming on-site.
    Again... this WHOLE thing could have been easily averted had Mr. Bundy either:
    a. Paid the grazing fees and agreed to limit his cattle to the 150 head maximum.... OR...
    b. Removed his cattle and grazed them on his privately owned property or privately own grazing lands
    The Federal law enforcement officers were not there to round up the cattle... they were there to protect the contracted wranglers who were being paid to do so, as well as the unarmed civilian employees and National Park Rangers overseeing the task.
    NEXT!!!
    Post edited by Cosmo on
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,616
    In the alternate universe, facts are inconsequential.

Peace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Bundy's parting shot loud fart of a noise will fade quickly enough. Good riddance and hasta la vista when your media racket dissipates- and it will- Mr. Bundy.

Excuse me, friends, but, goddamn it, is there any real news these day?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    brianlux said:

Bundy's parting shot loud fart of a noise will fade quickly enough. Good riddance and hasta la vista when your media racket dissipates- and it will- Mr. Bundy.

The site has appeared to change again. If you can call that real news?
  • Options
    dignin said:

brianlux said:

The site has appeared to change again. If you can call that real news?
    This site is driving me away... again.

• Options
    any updates on this fool???

no??

aww shit back to benghazi it is...

:FACEPALM:

• Options

any updates on this fool???

no??

aww shit back to benghazi it is...

:FACEPALM:

Oh, surely we can get this thread a rippin' again. Come on...

"Oh give me a home
    Where the..."

No?

Ok. :-)

8-X :-?? :-t :(|) 8-}

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Cosmo said:

Cosmo said:

unsung said:

You're correct. The point of the thread is whether or not a citizen can ignore the system of law in this country... a system that is outlined and built by our Constitution... based soley upon the belief that the person does not believe in the law because he/she does not like the law

That we should basically, leave trespassers alone... because they have been trespassing for the past 20 years or so.
    Godfather.
    So, am I correct to presume that since you are against illegal immigration (trespassing), then you are also on the side of the Federal Government in the Cliven Bundy case?
    And yes.. I believe that the U.S. NEEDS comprehensive immigration Reform. That is to look at the issue from all sides and seek common ground solutions that are beneficial for businesses that rely on cheap labor and the migrant workers willing to accept those jobs at that pay rate.
    The Bundy situation is completely different. Mr. Bundy is trespassing on Government Owned land. Illegal Immigrants are being hired by American Private citizens to work in Private Sector businesses.
    See the difference?
    Mr. Bundy is not an illegal and what little I do know of this reeks of government control, it seems WACO has tought the fed's something sense they have not killed his family and burned bown his home yet, this is one of those situations that sounds like our government is stepping over it's bounds...bulling a property owner over grazzing land ?
    but I will admit I have not had time to really check this out.

Godfather.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I can see where this could get very confusing......all this just because the government want's mr.bundys cattle off federal land...wtf is really going here ? this all sounds crazy to me.

Godfather.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802

Cosmo said:

Cosmo said:

unsung said:

Godfather.
    See the difference?
    Mr. Bundy is not an illegal and what little I do know of this reeks of government control, it seems WACO has tought the fed's something sense they have not killed his family and burned bown his home yet, this is one of those situations that sounds like our government is stepping over it's bounds...bulling a property owner over grazzing land ?
    but I will admit I have not had time to really check this out.

Godfather.

Except GF he aint being forced off HIS land. Its OUR LAND. That is the issue. Fucking squatter profiting of it too.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14