PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited June 2016

Went to get Weezer and Counting Crows tickets and everything is sold out for these vouchers...stupid.

What year is this?
    Ha didn't know if I was even going to go but it was the best thing on the list, outside of xpn, and it's free.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

Went to get Weezer and Counting Crows tickets and everything is sold out for these vouchers...stupid.

What year is this?
    Ha didn't know if I was even going to go but it was the best thing on the list, outside of xpn, and it's free.
    What list are you talking about?
    www.myspace.com

What year is this?
    The ticketmaster lawsuit thing. Have a ton of vouchers for free tickets in my account t

What year is this?
    The ticketmaster lawsuit thing. Have a ton of vouchers for free tickets in my account t
    Wow. Looking at my account now. This is the first I've heard of this. Good shit.

Also--I see the Sony Blockbuster Entertainment Center has changed its name yet again. Ugh
    www.myspace.com

What year is this?
    Wow. Looking at my account now. This is the first I've heard of this. Good shit.

Also--I see the Sony Blockbuster Entertainment Center has changed its name yet again. Ugh
    Yeah pretty sweet. With how fast things went, no clue if we'll get to use them but year.

Have a bunch of the $2.25 off ones that will make a dent in one show
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

What year is this?

Yeah pretty sweet. With how fast things went, no clue if we'll get to use them but year.

they're good until 2020 so we have time. it's like ryan howards' contract, just the opposite (he's down to 144 now)
    The Fixer said:

What year is this?

they're good until 2020 so we have time. it's like ryan howards' contract, just the opposite (he's down to 144 now)
    Oh nice. For some reason I thought I read till next summer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

What year is this?

you didn't know it changed? :lol:

yeah i got like 16 vouchers or something, not sure how many free ones.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Holy shit, I snoozed. Everything decent is gone.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

What year is this?

you didn't know it changed? :lol:

yeah i got like 16 vouchers or something, not sure how many free ones.
    I lost track. When did it switch to BBT?
    www.myspace.com
    Some time this year.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    down to .140 and counting!

I've changed my mind about cutting him. The only reason to watch this team is to see Howard's at bats. They are some of the best sports unintentional comedy of all time. He's beyond the point of embarrassing himself, I hope this continues for the rest of the year. I think it's feasible for him to get under .100 and I hope it happens
    So reading "The Devil In The White City" about H H Holmes and the World's Fair in Chicago. Incredible book and absolutely bananas story. But saw that HH Holmes' trial was in Philly and apparently he was in prison where he died less than a mile from my place where the Acme is in Passyunk. Kind of crazy and random. The books is awesome though. Highly recommended

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

So reading "The Devil In The White City" about H H Holmes and the World's Fair in Chicago. Incredible book and absolutely bananas story. But saw that HH Holmes' trial was in Philly and apparently he was in prison where he died less than a mile from my place where the Acme is in Passyunk. Kind of crazy and random. The books is awesome though. Highly recommended

Yeah, I read he was holed up at Moyamensing - isn't that coming out as a movie (based on the book) this year?

I think the only remaining part of the structure is behind the Ack-uh-me on Reed.

Yeah, I read he was holed up at Moyamensing - isn't that coming out as a movie (based on the book) this year?

I think the only remaining part of the structure is behind the Ack-uh-me on Reed.
    Had no idea there was a prison there until today. Learn something new...

Yeah, I saw Leo is going to be playing him and Scorsese is making it.

Will have to check that out.
    My PJ boots are due in today.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

What color?
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    The Fixer said:

down to .140 and counting!

I've changed my mind about cutting him. The only reason to watch this team is to see Howard's at bats. They are some of the best sports unintentional comedy of all time. He's beyond the point of embarrassing himself, I hope this continues for the rest of the year. I think it's feasible for him to get under .100 and I hope it happens

up to .150 now. glad they stopped the skid.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

JK_Livin said:

What color?
    Goddamnit. I checked my tracking #s and it says my shit was delivered in Columbia MO.
    edited June 2016

I heard about this book. The wife is dragging me to Myrtle Beach for a week this summer so I'm gonna need some books to keep me busy. Will have to check this out.

actually -- reading on the beach with kids is pretty much impossible. I will probably drink on the beach instead
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    JK_Livin said:

mine too but they didn't arrive. this is literally the only thing i've ever ordered online that took 3 weeks to deliver. pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

JK_Livin said:

What color?
    Goddamnit. I checked my tracking #s and it says my shit was delivered in Columbia MO.
    That does not sound like their intended destination.
    www.myspace.com
    Have been listening to them for a couple weeks now. No reason to wait for an outdated technology
    edited June 2016

Have been listening to them for a couple weeks now. No reason to wait for an outdated technology

Haha, I'll tell ya what - A) I've come around to liking to keep a physical copy of my shit stashed away & B ) you really can tell the difference in the sound between the CD and the mp3 option. And I'm definitely not nerding it out and buying the FLAC, ALACHD, FLACHD, UPMYASSHD and all this other nonsense.

And C) worth the wait. As long as I get these in time to listen to them pre-wedding festiviities. It'll be the only Pearl Jam allowed as I see it since it's been ixnayed at the reception (damn you, woman).
    We ended our reception with yellow ledbetter and it's easily my favorite moment of our wedding. Whole dance floor was belting it out. Was pretty cool.
    www.myspace.com

We ended our reception with yellow ledbetter and it's easily my favorite moment of our wedding. Whole dance floor was belting it out. Was pretty cool.

Yeah, as cool as that sounds - and I was actually thinking about slipping this in at the end - I'm not sure if the bride will take to it. PJ hasn't been ixnayed completely per se, but Bruce definitely has - haaaaaates Bruce.

Same thing happened at mine. Someone else requested it since they thought it was fitting. Was really cool.

Yeah, as cool as that sounds - and I was actually thinking about slipping this in at the end - I'm not sure if the bride will take to it. PJ hasn't been ixnayed completely per se, but Bruce definitely has - haaaaaates Bruce.
    My wife was cool about letting me select the music. My only demand was no line dances under any circumstances. I tried to fit PJ in but I couldn't find any songs that I wanted to have included. Our first dance was to a springsteen song.

Man my wedding feels like it was a few lifetimes ago. I'm getting fucking old
    edited June 2016
    derek fisher doing well in AA. Wish the phils stuck with him instead of mark hochevar appel.

Law ranks moniak second in the system over hacker williams in his updated team rankings. wonder if they will get him into short season ball -- would be cool to see that.
    Post edited by The Fixer on

Same thing happened at mine. Someone else requested it since they thought it was fitting. Was really cool.
    Nice.

For my brother's upcoming wedding, they are letting people request songs on their wedding website. Pretty cool idea.
    www.myspace.com