PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

We ended our reception with yellow ledbetter and it's easily my favorite moment of our wedding. Whole dance floor was belting it out. Was pretty cool.

Same thing happened at mine. Someone else requested it since they thought it was fitting. Was really cool.
    Nice.

For my brother's upcoming wedding, they are letting people request songs on their wedding website. Pretty cool idea.
    I would not trust most of my friends with this important job
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,951
    The Fixer said:

We ended our reception with yellow ledbetter and it's easily my favorite moment of our wedding. Whole dance floor was belting it out. Was pretty cool.

Same thing happened at mine. Someone else requested it since they thought it was fitting. Was really cool.
    Nice.

For my brother's upcoming wedding, they are letting people request songs on their wedding website. Pretty cool idea.
    Well may be doing that stupid intro thing to White Lines.

The Fixer said:

Nice.

Well may be doing that stupid intro thing to White Lines.
    haha. at least the title is cool I guess

think we came in to Elvis Burnin Love. I was bombed. Weddings are awesome.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,951
    Hey, it's not my problem if you're not a fan of Grandmaster Flash.

I've been adamant against this whole intro thing as it's completely stupid.

But, other than that, this day will go too fast, which is good and bad. If there was an option to skip this whole shit show and go right to the honeymoon I'd take it.

Hey, it's not my problem if you're not a fan of Grandmaster Flash.

I've been adamant against this whole intro thing as it's completely stupid.

But, other than that, this day will go too fast, which is good and bad. If there was an option to skip this whole shit show and go right to the honeymoon I'd take it.

yeah day def goes quickly. I much prefer to not be part of the wedding party -- the best is being at a wedding with no responsibilities other than to make sure the bar stays busy. That's the role I thrive in.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    So obviously not everyone's cup of tea, I am not a huge fan or anything but the wife loves Dave Matthews and we ended up with free all access backstage passes to the show last night. Open bar in the family and friends lounge and had dinner In the catering room with the crew. Then Got to watch the entire show from the stage and dave, Boyd and carter all came and said hi to the 10 or so people on the stage when they were walking off for the encore. Pretty fucking wild experience. Was a last minute thing and the whole thing came together within a few hours of the show.
    The Fixer said:

So reading "The Devil In The White City" about H H Holmes and the World's Fair in Chicago. Incredible book and absolutely bananas story. But saw that HH Holmes' trial was in Philly and apparently he was in prison where he died less than a mile from my place where the Acme is in Passyunk. Kind of crazy and random. The books is awesome though. Highly recommended

I heard about this book. The wife is dragging me to Myrtle Beach for a week this summer so I'm gonna need some books to keep me busy. Will have to check this out.

actually -- reading on the beach with kids is pretty much impossible. I will probably drink on the beach instead
    This is an awesome book. Highly recommended.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

So obviously not everyone's cup of tea, I am not a huge fan or anything but the wife loves Dave Matthews and we ended up with free all access backstage passes to the show last night. Open bar in the family and friends lounge and had dinner In the catering room with the crew. Then Got to watch the entire show from the stage and dave, Boyd and carter all came and said hi to the 10 or so people on the stage when they were walking off for the encore. Pretty fucking wild experience. Was a last minute thing and the whole thing came together within a few hours of the show.

my wife is a huge fan, too.....she would have killed for that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

I got a lot of points for this one. She was friggen giddy. It was a pretty cool experience. Crazy just looking out over 15,000 or so people
    edited June 2016

did they play ants marching or what do you say?

I'm kidding (kind of). DMB blows but glad you had a good time
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer said:

I don't hate them by any stretch of the imagination, but I haven't really listened to them in a good 10 years or so. That said, they seem to switch up their set lists more than pearl jam and I didn't know probably 75% of the songs. The crowd seemed to enjoy it though. Awesome experience all around though and I'd see pretty much any band from that location...

The Fixer said:

I don't hate them by any stretch of the imagination, but I haven't really listened to them in a good 10 years or so. That said, they seem to switch up their set lists more than pearl jam and I didn't know probably 75% of the songs. The crowd seemed to enjoy it though. Awesome experience all around though and I'd see pretty much any band from that location...
    I'm sure seats were great. That still wouldn't get me to a 'dave' show though. I've never been backstage for a show before. Only chance I've had was for G Love and I declined because I wanted to go to the bar and chase tail after the concert (no regrets).

As I've stated, I'm down on PJ these days. Not surprising to me to hear dmb changes up their sets more often than PJ. Wish PJ would take note.

How about those phillies? Continuing to make progress towards another top 3 pick next summer.
    this is random but can anyone recommend a good site to buy cornhole boards?
  • Wobbie said:

I got a lot of points for this one. She was friggen giddy. It was a pretty cool experience. Crazy just looking out over 15,000 or so people
    Was in GA both nights, the Saturday night show with my wife and sister. (Sister is a rabid DMB fan, which is why I got her tickets and traveled her in.) We were on the railing Saturday, enjoyed it much more than being back amongst the rest of the morons pushing to/from the bar/pisser 10 times during the show. They actually rocked out with the last song and went "Dave Metallica" with him shouting and the band all playing -- that encore was fucking kick ass.
    Rest of the set? Sounded like he played the same song over and over to me. Not rocking enough. Good musicians and I imagine the stage view was cool.
    Glad you had fun.
    Could not imagine being in that pit for a more active band like PJ....and would never want to be in there for a metal band. Too many people admitted vs. how much room there was, that shit was tight.
    Was it a facility connection or a band connection to get you VIP like that? I would buy into some of that shit, sounds like a great way to see shows.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Wobbie said:

Was in GA both nights, the Saturday night show with my wife and sister. (Sister is a rabid DMB fan, which is why I got her tickets and traveled her in.) We were on the railing Saturday, enjoyed it much more than being back amongst the rest of the morons pushing to/from the bar/pisser 10 times during the show. They actually rocked out with the last song and went "Dave Metallica" with him shouting and the band all playing -- that encore was fucking kick ass.
    Rest of the set? Sounded like he played the same song over and over to me. Not rocking enough. Good musicians and I imagine the stage view was cool.
    Glad you had fun.
    Could not imagine being in that pit for a more active band like PJ....and would never want to be in there for a metal band. Too many people admitted vs. how much room there was, that shit was tight.
    Was it a facility connection or a band connection to get you VIP like that? I would buy into some of that shit, sounds like a great way to see shows.
    That has actually always been my problem with this band. All of it sounds pretty similar and I generally like it, but too much of it sounds like the same song over and over.

I have only been in the GA Pit at Camden for Phish and remember it being similar and brutal, though lots of those hippies get on my nerves in general, haha. Not a huge fan of GA. I like my space.

I honestly can't provide a perspective on the show too much as the sound on the stage kind of sucked, muffled and all. We had really good seats too, but figured who cares, we'll probably never get to watch a show from that view again, so we just hung out up there. Plus the wife didn't want to miss the opportunity of them walking by and saying hi, which they did. The wife was also able to get a headset for a little while where she could hear the same feed the band hears, I think, which was kind of cool. Just an awesome experience overall though.

It was a band connection. Passes came from the bass player, Stefan. A real good friend was with him earlier in the day and got them from him. Wish it was a facility connection though...
  • Wobbie said:

Glad you had fun.
    That has actually always been my problem with this band. All of it sounds pretty similar and I generally like it, but too much of it sounds like the same song over and over.

I have only been in the GA Pit at Camden for Phish and remember it being similar and brutal, though lots of those hippies get on my nerves in general, haha. Not a huge fan of GA. I like my space.

I honestly can't provide a perspective on the show too much as the sound on the stage kind of sucked, muffled and all. We had really good seats too, but figured who cares, we'll probably never get to watch a show from that view again, so we just hung out up there. Plus the wife didn't want to miss the opportunity of them walking by and saying hi, which they did. The wife was also able to get a headset for a little while where she could hear the same feed the band hears, I think, which was kind of cool. Just an awesome experience overall though.

It was a band connection. Passes came from the bass player, Stefan. A real good friend was with him earlier in the day and got them from him. Wish it was a facility connection though...
    Cool, thanks.

Curious -- was your wife able to hear the band's chatter? One of my best friends' wife is a huge fan and she told me that they all have a channel they talk to each other on during the set. My sister had not heard of this.
    Fuck GA at that place unless you are someone that loves sweaty people up against you. (In the most non-sexual of ways.)

Wobbie said:

Glad you had fun.

Cool, thanks.

Curious -- was your wife able to hear the band's chatter? One of my best friends' wife is a huge fan and she told me that they all have a channel they talk to each other on during the set. My sister had not heard of this.
    Fuck GA at that place unless you are someone that loves sweaty people up against you. (In the most non-sexual of ways.)
    HA. Dude, that's pretty funny. As she was listening she freaked out for a second and said she could hear them talking. She didn't bring it up again though, so I'll have to ask. I'm interested if it was anything good, but assuming not since she didn't bring it back up. Still pretty sweet.

Yeah, agreed.
    edited June 2016
    got my msg boots today. night 2 had 11 repeats from night 1 (11 repeats at two msg nights is just plain weak). this is yet another reason why I'm down on PJ these days.

I still haven't even listened to the philly boots. haha. wish I didn't have 10 club tix for fenway so I could sell my tix.
    wonder what happened. not good

PHILLIES PROSPECT LEFT-HANDER MATT IMHOF SUFFERED A "SIGNIFICANT INJURY TO HIS RIGHT EYE" DURING A FREAK TRAINING ACCIDENT LAST WEEK.

The news was confirmed by Imhof's agent, Adam Karon. Imhof, the Phillies' second-round pick from 2014, was going through his routine stretching regimen after a game when a piece of equipment malfunctioned and he was struck in the eye. The 22-year-old has undergone surgery and is likely to require further procedures. The injury could be career-threatening.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The Fixer said:

PHILLIES PROSPECT LEFT-HANDER MATT IMHOF SUFFERED A "SIGNIFICANT INJURY TO HIS RIGHT EYE" DURING A FREAK TRAINING ACCIDENT LAST WEEK.

The news was confirmed by Imhof's agent, Adam Karon. Imhof, the Phillies' second-round pick from 2014, was going through his routine stretching regimen after a game when a piece of equipment malfunctioned and he was struck in the eye. The 22-year-old has undergone surgery and is likely to require further procedures. The injury could be career-threatening.

I wonder if it was one of those arm stretching bands that broke and shot back in his face.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    JK_Livin said:

The Fixer said:

I wonder if it was one of those arm stretching bands that broke and shot back in his face.
    yes apparently it was one of those bands but it pulled the bracket right off the wall. scary stuff.
    Christ, my kid uses those things,
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    What's up with this Williams kid getting benched again?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    good to see the Phills bats come alive against Arizona in the sweep :clap:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    edited June 2016
    JK_Livin said:

What's up with this Williams kid getting benched again?

he sounds like a bit of an idiot. I follow the minor leagues pretty closely -- doesn't seem to be a consensus on this guys future projection in the majors. Some scouts call him a hacker who's aloof in the field and on the bases...and some call him a possible future all star.

with franco having a shitty year (I'm not sold that he's the long term answer at 3B -- too much like pedro feliz for my liking) and herrera proving he probably can't play CF, the phils really need someone other than crawford to be good. Unfortunately I'm not real optimistic that this happens.
    If anyone is in the city the next two days and wants to be on tv....

http://wmmr.com/2016/06/30/always-sunny-philadelphia-shooting-schedule/
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    JK_Livin said:

The Fixer said:

had to remove his eye. horrible accident.

http://6abc.com/sports/phillies-prospect-matt-imhof-loses-right-eye-after-freak-accident/1408664/
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

The Fixer said:

had to remove his eye. horrible accident.

http://6abc.com/sports/phillies-prospect-matt-imhof-loses-right-eye-after-freak-accident/1408664/
    damn! that sucks, hopefully he recovers well.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Hey, did they put the pussy screen in at the stadium year? Have 11 and 9 yr old going soon and was curious