PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    watch this game go into extra innings as well and we lose again.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    www.myspace.com
  • ^^ Interesting article. Makes sense some more on Marc Vetri selling his businesses to Urban Outfitters.

I am pissed I missed the pre-sale but have some irons in the fire. If I miss out on premium access and the 8% 10C drawing I will go stub hub. Not missing TOTD @ The freaking Tower.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,951
    Good read - I don't know if employment will ever hit 40k down there, but it's ripe for a lot more development, which - due to my own self-interests - makes me very happy.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Navy Yard is awesome. I have a client down there, in one of the buildings discussed, and am down there quite often. Will be reading this whole thing this weekend.

Love that they are making use of that space again. Was a big initiative of Nutter. The Bissinger book talked a ton about the Navy yard and how important it was to the Philly economy.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    I don't get Fire Pits in the summer. the dude that lives behind us burns his when it's 90 fucking degrees outside. yea lets add heat to the already hot summer weather. what the hell? totally get them in spring and fall but not the fucking summer.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,951
    pjhawks said:

I don't get Fire Pits in the summer. the dude that lives behind us burns his when it's 90 fucking degrees outside. yea lets add heat to the already hot summer weather. what the hell? totally get them in spring and fall but not the fucking summer.

Too cheap for Citronella candles and some Off.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Was at the CBP last night for possibly Ryan's last game. Hopefully they find a landing spot for him, Chooch & Asche. Rupp's passed ball was brutal.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    pjhawks said:

I don't get you in the summer.
    www.myspace.com

pjhawks said:

I don't get you in the summer.
    seems like you might be the type of guy to use one in the summer. :confounded:
    Altherr is up
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    So Sean Hannity got booed out of Wawa, huh?

I don't care if the story is totally exaggerated, I love it.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Well at least we can beat The Braves.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin said:

Was at the CBP last night for possibly Ryan's last game. Hopefully they find a landing spot for him, Chooch & Asche. Rupp's passed ball was brutal.

We aren't that lucky. Phils will hold on to Howard and McCarthy as long as possible. They're loyal to fat losers
    edited July 2016

So Sean Hannity got booed out of Wawa, huh?

I don't care if the story is totally exaggerated, I love it.

During the dnc? Who would have guessed???

In other news, it might be hot in July

This sounds like something that 610 would report. Macnow lives!
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited July 2016

I can see myself paying more for this show than any show I've ever gone too. Just know that I wont be lucky with tenclub and then the stubhub/broker market will be ungodly expensive...once in a lifetime show though, right?

Prolly no Eddie though, right?

I'm thinking he stops by and does Seattle but not the others.
    Vedder will be in Philly too. Swing state so he will be here to pimp the biggest loser candidate ever.

His shit is old. And their new music has sucked for a while. And their Philly/msg run was average at best. And they cancel shows two days beforehand. And he's playing shows w Beyoncé and rihanna. Fuck these guys
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited July 2016
    The Fixer said:

I can see myself paying more for this show than any show I've ever gone too. Just know that I wont be lucky with tenclub and then the stubhub/broker market will be ungodly expensive...once in a lifetime show though, right?

Vedder will be in Philly too. Swing state so he will be here to pimp the biggest loser candidate ever.

His shit is old. And their new music has sucked for a while. And their Philly/msg run was average at best. And they cancel shows two days beforehand. And he's playing shows w Beyoncé and rihanna. Fuck these guys
    and yet you still pay to be in their club and go to their shows.

Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited July 2016
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

Things change. Boston. Chicago (last minute thing). Then I'm done.

There are much better live bands out there. And they don't throw their awful political views (or shitty songs like sirens, just breathe, last kiss, etc) in your face
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

And post on their message board...
    And speaking of the DNC, Philly did an awesome job this week. Between this and the Pope, Philly has put on a couple big events, pretty damn well.
    Altherr baby!!! He just looks like a potential stud.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

Things change. Boston. Chicago (last minute thing). Then I'm done.

There are much better live bands out there. And they don't throw their awful political views (or shitty songs like sirens, just breathe, last kiss, etc) in your face
    change your fandom in bands like you do baseball teams apparently. O's this year again or someone knew come playoff time again?

and how you feeling about your MMJ boy being on Roadies twice already? i guess when no one knows who you are you gotta sell out like that. at least Ed is only going to be on the final show as a favor to a friend.
    JK_Livin said:

hopefully. they need a power bat in the outfield. it's fun to remember the good old days around here when people argued home runs and rbi's didn't matter.

saw a stat that the Phils are on pace to have the lowest home batting average in over 100 years in major league baseball. as a team they are hitting something below .220 at CBP.
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

hopefully. they need a power bat in the outfield. it's fun to remember the good old days around here when people argued home runs and rbi's didn't matter.

saw a stat that the Phils are on pace to have the lowest home batting average in over 100 years in major league baseball. as a team they are hitting something below .220 at CBP.
    I hope he can play CF because he can fly with that long stride. Move Odubell to another spot.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Got 2 tix for N2 for TOTD.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Got 2 tix for N2 for TOTD.

good score. I put in for 10C tickets but that was pretty much a lost cause. I didn't even try Ticketmaster. I'll check secondary market some but not sure i'll take the plunge. will have to see as we get closer. Seeing them at the Tower would be great though.

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    pjhawks said:

and how you feeling about your MMJ boy being on Roadies twice already? i guess when no one knows who you are you gotta sell out like that. at least Ed is only going to be on the final show as a favor to a friend.

What is your problem with MMJ, outdoor fires, etc? So weird. MMJ is one of the great rock bands in the world and still making great albums, and are an amazing live act (you can actually get tickets too!). I can sure think of worse things.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

pjhawks said:

What is your problem with MMJ, outdoor fires, etc? So weird. MMJ is one of the great rock bands in the world and still making great albums, and are an amazing live act (you can actually get tickets too!). I can sure think of worse things.
    was just responding to Mr. Sunshine's take on current Pearl Jam. I think it's way weirder to bitch and moan about a band, as you type on their web site and are planning on going to multiple shows over the next month and a half.

and fires when it's 90+ fucking degrees out is fucking stupid. i stand by that.