PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Annnnnd my boots have shipped.

got mine this week but haven't even listened to them yet. been enamored with the MMJ red rocks shows.

hate to say it but I feel like I'm kinda over pearl jam. going to one of the fenway shows and I'm not even excited about it
    Yeah? Nah, if anything, these last few shows reinvigorated it for me - as stupid as it sounds, it's a family thing of sorts now. They come around, you go, you say that was nice, and on with your life.

Haha, love MMJ - been following them since It Still Moves came out - but they don't do it enough for me to go see them multiple times anymore. Good times and all, but I don't think any band in my lifetime will get the kind of dedication from me like PJ did.

#1 on my list right now is Margo Price - loving her shit right now.
    I still go, I just don't think their shows are as good as they used to be -- esp when compared to MMJ shows. I have no desire to see sirens, just breathe, jeremy, thin air, etc. I'm also still pissed they opened with once at both philly shows.

Nothing will top the spectrum run. That was the top of the mountain and now we're rolling downhill.
    Eh, I'd say 2003 - that was the last time to me they weren't old.

Best combo at a show I had was Sirens and Unthought Known - no better time for a piss break without feeling like you're being rushed and/or are missing anything
    haha. sadly I think there are numerous piss break opps at shows these days. the start of the second encore is always a great time to grab beers and take a leak. you know you have three songs to get shit done.

I realized this at MSG night one, but Even Flow used to be my go to piss break song. now it's one of my favorite songs in their sets.
    I assuming you mean the first encore (second set) when they sit and play boring acoustic songs.

And Even Flow always has and always will rule.
    yeah, you're right -- my bad

just breathe = just leave
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

got mine this week but haven't even listened to them yet. been enamored with the MMJ red rocks shows.

hate to say it but I feel like I'm kinda over pearl jam. going to one of the fenway shows and I'm not even excited about it
    Yeah? Nah, if anything, these last few shows reinvigorated it for me - as stupid as it sounds, it's a family thing of sorts now. They come around, you go, you say that was nice, and on with your life.

Haha, love MMJ - been following them since It Still Moves came out - but they don't do it enough for me to go see them multiple times anymore. Good times and all, but I don't think any band in my lifetime will get the kind of dedication from me like PJ did.

I still go, I just don't think their shows are as good as they used to be -- esp when compared to MMJ shows. I have no desire to see sirens, just breathe, jeremy, thin air, etc. I'm also still pissed they opened with once at both philly shows.

Nothing will top the spectrum run. That was the top of the mountain and now we're rolling downhill.

Best combo at a show I had was Sirens and Unthought Known - no better time for a piss break without feeling like you're being rushed and/or are missing anything
    haha. sadly I think there are numerous piss break opps at shows these days. the start of the second encore is always a great time to grab beers and take a leak. you know you have three songs to get shit done.

I realized this at MSG night one, but Even Flow used to be my go to piss break song. now it's one of my favorite songs in their sets.
    I assuming you mean the first encore (second set) when they sit and play boring acoustic songs.
    Yeah, I never got this set and never will. I can see sometimes, sure, mix it up if you want but to now have this boilerplate template of the 2nd set being a slow lullaby kinda chaps my ass.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Yeah I've grown to hate the start of the first encore. Maybe they've gotten older and need a bit of a rest? Or maybe Eddie learned around 2009 that Led Zeppelin used to a sit-down portion during their shows? But Just Breathe ain't no Bron-Y-Aur Stomp.

In full disclosure though, I'm not the biggest fan of PJ's slower songs live. Nothingman, Off He Goes, etc. are not what I want to see in concert. But Nothingman in between, I dunno, Animal and Last Exit is one thing. But three or four straight acoustic songs just isn't for me.

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

In full disclosure though, I'm not the biggest fan of PJ's slower songs live. Nothingman, Off He Goes, etc. are not what I want to see in concert. But Nothingman in between, I dunno, Animal and Last Exit is one thing. But three or four straight acoustic songs just isn't for me.

bingo

keep the acoustic shit for the EV solo shows. give me blood, last exit, whipping, comatose, etc

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Yeah I've grown to hate the start of the first encore. Maybe they've gotten older and need a bit of a rest? Or maybe Eddie learned around 2009 that Led Zeppelin used to a sit-down portion during their shows? But Just Breathe ain't no Bron-Y-Aur Stomp.

Yeah, this is matter of them getting older and you wanting them to be the same band from 20 years ago. Not to point the finger, just saying.

I don't mind mixing them in, and the band has always spoke to shows having a momentum - a wave going up and down - but I feel like they've gotten away from that and have giving it more of a set order which I'm not a fan of.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    was that a "let's go blue jays" chant in philly last night?
    polaris_x said:

was that a "let's go blue jays" chant in philly last night?

Would not be surprised. You can hear everything when there's 10 people in the stands.
    apparently there's a bunch of jays fans at the orioles game tonight too. I will be at camden yards on sunday...hopefully there won't be a ton of canadiens there
    edited June 2016
    ryan howard now hitting .148. peter bourjos has a higher OPS. what a god damned disgrace
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    The Fixer said:

ryan howard now hitting .148. peter bourjos has a higher OPS. what a god damned disgrace

and now .145 after going 0 for 4.
    i remember when the phills were actually pretty good this year :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

The Fixer said:

and now .145 after going 0 for 4.
    i remember when the phills were actually pretty good this year :lol:
    yeah, looks like I even underestimated how bad he would be rest of the season. he flat out sucks. get rid of him already!

his throw on saturday was a thing of beauty too. It's always boggled my mind how a MLB player could suck so badly at throwing and catching the ball. It's really not that hard.
    I'm a big fan of Jake Lamb. Dude rakes. That was a missle
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    got swept by the D-Backs at home? image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    just checked my ticketmaster account. I have 32 vouchers from that court ruling. Will have to add up the total, maybe it's enough to buy a first baseman who doesn't suck
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer said:

just checked my ticketmaster account. I have 32 vouchers from that court ruling. Will have to add up the total, maybe it's enough to buy a first baseman who doesn't suck

I have a bunch too. Looks like they are only reedemable for Camden shows here at least. Seems like just those amphitheaters are the shows that have free tickets for.

Weezer, XPN, nothing really else...

The Fixer said:

I have a bunch too. Looks like they are only reedemable for Camden shows here at least. Seems like just those amphitheaters are the shows that have free tickets for.

which means I will prob never use them. Maybe buy tix and use the credits, then sell on the secondary market. Just don't want to get eat tix --- gonna have to wait for one of the crappy popular acts like dave matthews to come around I guess
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Come on, Steely Dan, Hall & Oates?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

which means I will prob never use them. Maybe buy tix and use the credits, then sell on the secondary market. Just don't want to get eat tix --- gonna have to wait for one of the crappy popular acts like dave matthews to come around I guess
    Dave Matthews isn't included. He comes here this weekend, I think. Looked into it for the wife and no go.
    JK_Livin said:

Come on, Steely Dan, Hall & Oates?

I could get down with Steely Dan and Trombone Shorty is opening for Hall & Oates
    edited June 2016

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Dave Matthews isn't included. He comes here this weekend, I think. Looked into it for the wife and no go.
    best thing that's ever happened to you. haha. a dave matthews concert is my idea of hell

'you going to see dave?'

The Fixer said:

Wait, XPN Fest is included with this - or just the headliners at Camden?
    And damnit, Hall & Oates are here while I'm away.

The Fixer said:

Just the headliners

The Fixer said:

Just the headliners
    Hmmmm, still not bad.
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

best thing that's ever happened to you. haha. a dave matthews concert is my idea of hell

'you going to see dave?'
    Ha. I don't hate those shows, not a big fan or anything, but always have a good time. Haven't been in a few years though. Not complaining about not going, but would have been nice for her if we were able to get them for free. Oh well.

This city loves them some Hall & Oates

You should see my Hoagie Boates shirt.... with H&O paddling a boat made out of a hoagie. So....yeah, I'd say so.

Just admit you like yourself some Sara Smile and She's Gone, Cliff.

I can use these vouchers to as many shows as they qualify for? I might end up doing all 3 nights of the headliners then.

You should see my Hoagie Boates shirt.... with H&O paddling a boat made out of a hoagie. So....yeah, I'd say so.

Just admit you like yourself some Sara Smile and She's Gone, Cliff.

I can use these vouchers to as many shows as they qualify for? I might end up doing all 3 nights of the headliners then.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGPYBb2DRsg

I believe so, yes. I believe you get 2 tickets for every one of those codes in your account. Thinking I may do the same.
    Went to get Weezer and Counting Crows tickets and everything is sold out for these vouchers...stupid.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

Went to get Weezer and Counting Crows tickets and everything is sold out for these vouchers...stupid.

What year is this?
    www.myspace.com