Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    That's Mays-eque.

The more I think about it the more I like the pick. Especially since they could go overslot on the 2nd pick.

I think Boston got a nice pick at 12 with Groome, but we'll see.

I guess the expectation was that Rutherford may be there at 42, but the Yanks took him at 18?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

That's Mays-eque.

The more I think about it the more I like the pick. Especially since they could go overslot on the 2nd pick.

I guess the expectation was that Rutherford may be there at 42, but the Yanks took him at 18?

I have followed nothing about the draft but I have been reading that the Yanks were surprised that Rutherford was a surprise to drop to 18. Guess teams figure they can't sign him?
  • Options

That's Mays-eque.

I have followed nothing about the draft but I have been reading that the Yanks were surprised that Rutherford was a surprise to drop to 18. Guess teams figure they can't sign him?
    Yeah, same, I try to read up, but baseball is just too fucking voluminous.

It's not just because Groome is from around here(sorta), and that I saw the most coverage of him, but you ever just watch a guy play and he stands out to you? That's this guy - just seems to effortlessly throw 95 on the reg, nice arm slot, multiple developed pitches, already built like a brick shit house.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

That's Mays-eque.

Yeah, same, I try to read up, but baseball is just too fucking voluminous.

It's not just because Groome is from around here(sorta), and that I saw the most coverage of him, but you ever just watch a guy play and he stands out to you? That's this guy - just seems to effortlessly throw 95 on the reg, nice arm slot, multiple developed pitches, already built like a brick shit house.
    Yeah, so many players, such a crap shoot

And of course Boston ends up with him.

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks said:
    this is probably the dumbest post ever made on these boards. which is really saying something

howard sucks. his fat ass should just retire already
  • Options
    most of what I've read thinks the phils reached for moniak. hopefully they spend on some high upside guys today
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

most of what I've read thinks the phils reached for moniak. hopefully they spend on some high upside guys today

Isn't that what they did with their 2nd and 3rd round guys? Both I'm reading were draft below where they were thought to go. Don't know if I'm a fan of going high school with the first 3 picks, and if you want to consider Yavapai College an actual college.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,497
    Phils should sign Jimmy to a 1 day contract so he can retire here.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Dylan Cozens tonight: 3-4, 3RS, 2HR(18,19), 6RBI, BB.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,262
    pjhawks said:

Not quite Granite Run MAll, but this is better and closer to me :smile:
    We found our MALL, y'all! This January, the @extonsquaremall in Exton, PA will star in #Mallrats 2! @jayandsilentbob are coming to Chester County! Big thanks to financiers StarStream, who found the mall & the money! They're making this #MR2 dream come true!
    nice although the setup of that mall is kind of retarded. it's like upstairs is not the same as downstairs. it's just weird.

looks like mallrats 2 is gonna be a 10 episode series now

http://wmmr.com/2015/09/11/kevin-smith-reveals-details-can-mallbrats/
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    So that Eflin debut went very well...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    still don't get why they played in the afternoon yesterday when both teams were traveling to same city to play again tonight and tomorrow.
  • Options
    anyone order and get the Philly boots yet? i ordered them day they went on sale and still haven't received. Greenville I got in like 3 days. approaching 2 weeks now for these.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:

anyone order and get the Philly boots yet? i ordered them day they went on sale and still haven't received. Greenville I got in like 3 days. approaching 2 weeks now for these.

Same here. I ordered them as soon as they went up for sale and the status still says warehouse.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

Same here. I ordered them as soon as they went up for sale and the status still says warehouse.
    I'm sure this stuff is on a heavy backlog since everyone and their mother wants it. Plus, the website doesn't update as it should - for all we know they could be in the mail right now.

If you want an answer you can always email nugs.net
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    They're response is that they're shipping by the order they were received
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

I'm sure this stuff is on a heavy backlog since everyone and their mother wants it. Plus, the website doesn't update as it should - for all we know they could be in the mail right now.

If you want an answer you can always email nugs.net
    agree on website. for my Greenville one I got an email notice that it was shipping after i already received the CD. Figured Philly would take longer but hopefully by this weekend.
  • Options

So that Eflin debut went very well...

:lol: i guess this is the team everyone thought we were gonna have
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Anybody have an idea when the fireworks begin post-game (for annual fireworks games)? I can't remember if it's immediately after the game or if they give it 15-20 minutes.
  • Options
    Does Lenny Dykstra have a book out or coming out? Saw he was signing at a bookstore near where i work in west chester in july
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Anybody have an idea when the fireworks begin post-game (for annual fireworks games)? I can't remember if it's immediately after the game or if they give it 15-20 minutes.

22 minutes and 13 seconds after last out is recorded.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

22 minutes and 13 seconds after last out is recorded.
    Alright, good to know. Do you know what time the game ends as well?
  • Options
    Annnnnd my boots have shipped.
  • Options

got mine this week but haven't even listened to them yet. been enamored with the MMJ red rocks shows.

hate to say it but I feel like I'm kinda over pearl jam. going to one of the fenway shows and I'm not even excited about it
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

got mine this week but haven't even listened to them yet. been enamored with the MMJ red rocks shows.

hate to say it but I feel like I'm kinda over pearl jam. going to one of the fenway shows and I'm not even excited about it
    Yeah? Nah, if anything, these last few shows reinvigorated it for me - as stupid as it sounds, it's a family thing of sorts now. They come around, you go, you say that was nice, and on with your life.

Haha, love MMJ - been following them since It Still Moves came out - but they don't do it enough for me to go see them multiple times anymore. Good times and all, but I don't think any band in my lifetime will get the kind of dedication from me like PJ did.

#1 on my list right now is Margo Price - loving her shit right now.
  • Options

The Fixer said:

Yeah? Nah, if anything, these last few shows reinvigorated it for me - as stupid as it sounds, it's a family thing of sorts now. They come around, you go, you say that was nice, and on with your life.

Haha, love MMJ - been following them since It Still Moves came out - but they don't do it enough for me to go see them multiple times anymore. Good times and all, but I don't think any band in my lifetime will get the kind of dedication from me like PJ did.

I still go, I just don't think their shows are as good as they used to be -- esp when compared to MMJ shows. I have no desire to see sirens, just breathe, jeremy, thin air, etc. I'm also still pissed they opened with once at both philly shows.

Nothing will top the spectrum run. That was the top of the mountain and now we're rolling downhill.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

I still go, I just don't think their shows are as good as they used to be -- esp when compared to MMJ shows. I have no desire to see sirens, just breathe, jeremy, thin air, etc. I'm also still pissed they opened with once at both philly shows.

Nothing will top the spectrum run. That was the top of the mountain and now we're rolling downhill.
    Eh, I'd say 2003 - that was the last time to me they weren't old.

Best combo at a show I had was Sirens and Unthought Known - no better time for a piss break without feeling like you're being rushed and/or are missing anything
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Best combo at a show I had was Sirens and Unthought Known - no better time for a piss break without feeling like you're being rushed and/or are missing anything
    haha. sadly I think there are numerous piss break opps at shows these days. the start of the second encore is always a great time to grab beers and take a leak. you know you have three songs to get shit done.

I realized this at MSG night one, but Even Flow used to be my go to piss break song. now it's one of my favorite songs in their sets.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

haha. sadly I think there are numerous piss break opps at shows these days. the start of the second encore is always a great time to grab beers and take a leak. you know you have three songs to get shit done.

I realized this at MSG night one, but Even Flow used to be my go to piss break song. now it's one of my favorite songs in their sets.
    I assuming you mean the first encore (second set) when they sit and play boring acoustic songs.

And Even Flow always has and always will rule.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com