Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,259
    The Fixer said:

My god I'm exhausted. I love New York

i hear ya, exhausted as well, 2 great shows in a great city!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    As long as his elbow doesn't explode, it's very exciting to know Nola will be an amazing #3 in the rotation.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485

As long as his elbow doesn't explode, it's very exciting to know Nola will be an amazing #3 in the rotation.

That curve is nasty--

Aaron Nola's curveball location. Batters are 3-for-58 (.052) with 29 strikeouts in PAs ending with his curve.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,259
    well except for like the first 4-5 games of the season our bullpen has been pretty good. Go Phills!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

Hearing porch 45 minutes into a show was insane and awesome

hearing Alive as the 3rd song was mind blowing. the energy at that point was as high as you can get for early in the show. Night 1 was good but Night 2 was one of the best for sure. Crowd was way better Night 2 i thought as well.

2 great nights. you always can come out of PJ shows wanting to have heard a different 10 or 20 songs but how can you complain? I mean this band is just at a level right now that is unmatched. First saw them in 1998, then 2000, and pretty much every year since 2003 and I honestly think they are better today than ever. It's just incredible the level they are at these days.
    Not sure about better today than ever but, yeah I guess it's close. Crazy thing is they are all about 50 years old now, right? What band that old, 25 years into their career still brings this kind of energy? I can't think of one.
    you've obviously never seen the E Street Band
    So...one other band.
    It's all subjective. I've never seen the Who live but I've heard they're great. Same goes for the Stones. Wilco has always brought it when I've seen them live. Widespread Panic is supposed to be a great live show. I saw Phish live, they had a ton of energy (not really my cup of tea, but the crowd was into the show). Chris Robinson/Black Crowes always put on a great show.

4 shows in philly and nyc were great, but they really confirmed my stance that MMJ is the best live band on the planet right now. OBH in Mexico, the chicago run, the beacon run all zero repeats and flawless performances. I love both bands, but MMJ is currently in their prime where PJ's best days are behind them.

My friend who I stayed with in NYC met EV today. EV said his voice was shot (not sure if that affected the setlist for MSG 2 -- lot of hits that the crowd could help sing. Also, Sting doing a song with them)

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Agreed, but it's also disconcerting that after trading hamels they still don't have a 1 or 2.

Mazara sure would look good in RF for the Phillies tonight.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,752
    MMJ is totally awesome and might be a better live act at this point but PJ proved last week they aren't ready to give up the fight. Plus PJ has the hits to attract casual fans and fill big arenas.

Oh hey we're winning again!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    This team, man. It's gonna suck when they come back to Earth.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Agreed, but it's also disconcerting that after trading hamels they still don't have a 1 or 2.

Mazara sure would look good in RF for the Phillies tonight.
    Who's to say Nola doesn't develop into a 2? That was his ceiling after being drafted. He's certainly pitching like a 1 right now. Velasquez is demonstrating top of the rotation stuff too. Even if all these guys end up as a bunch of 3's with maybe a 2 sprinkled in, they still have tons of resources to sign or trade for a true ace. It's not like Lee and Halladay came up through the system. Oh, and they also have the first pick in the draft next month.

This team's in good shape...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

Hearing porch 45 minutes into a show was insane and awesome

hearing Alive as the 3rd song was mind blowing. the energy at that point was as high as you can get for early in the show. Night 1 was good but Night 2 was one of the best for sure. Crowd was way better Night 2 i thought as well.

2 great nights. you always can come out of PJ shows wanting to have heard a different 10 or 20 songs but how can you complain? I mean this band is just at a level right now that is unmatched. First saw them in 1998, then 2000, and pretty much every year since 2003 and I honestly think they are better today than ever. It's just incredible the level they are at these days.
    Not sure about better today than ever but, yeah I guess it's close. Crazy thing is they are all about 50 years old now, right? What band that old, 25 years into their career still brings this kind of energy? I can't think of one.
    you've obviously never seen the E Street Band
    So...one other band.
    It's all subjective. I've never seen the Who live but I've heard they're great. Same goes for the Stones. Wilco has always brought it when I've seen them live. Widespread Panic is supposed to be a great live show. I saw Phish live, they had a ton of energy (not really my cup of tea, but the crowd was into the show). Chris Robinson/Black Crowes always put on a great show.

4 shows in philly and nyc were great, but they really confirmed my stance that MMJ is the best live band on the planet right now. OBH in Mexico, the chicago run, the beacon run all zero repeats and flawless performances. I love both bands, but MMJ is currently in their prime where PJ's best days are behind them.

My friend who I stayed with in NYC met EV today. EV said his voice was shot (not sure if that affected the setlist for MSG 2 -- lot of hits that the crowd could help sing. Also, Sting doing a song with them)

"MMJ is currently in their prime and PJ's best days are behind them."

There's the rub. 25 years in, it simply does not get much better than live Pearl Jam. Think we can all agree on that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Odd - looks like they updated the boots for the firs two shows of the tour, and then nothing. Either that, or there's about a month lag on getting them up in the store - want to get my hands on these shows ASAP.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    June 3 is the date for the Philly shows
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Apparently we live in Seattle now? Haven't seen the sun in weeks. This is brutal.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

June 3 is the date for the Philly shows

Nice. Good to hear.

Apparently we live in Seattle now? Haven't seen the sun in weeks. This is brutal.

It's May right?
  • Options
    Yeah Fuck this weather. I've been sick ever since night 1 last week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ahhh, man, if any of you are in the EPX area hit up Sate Kampar where The Bottle Shop used to be. Holy Lord that was good food, which I'm pretty sure made me late for work due to the food coma.
  • Options

Ahhh, man, if any of you are in the EPX area hit up Sate Kampar where The Bottle Shop used to be. Holy Lord that was good food, which I'm pretty sure made me late for work due to the food coma.

Walked by this the other day and was meaning too look it up. Will have to check it out.

We did Le Virtu on Sunday. Was really good. Taking the mother in law to Ralph's tonight for Mother's Day. Haven't been there in ages.
  • Options

Walked by this the other day and was meaning too look it up. Will have to check it out.

We did Le Virtu on Sunday. Was really good. Taking the mother in law to Ralph's tonight for Mother's Day. Haven't been there in ages.
    Dude, sooo good - get some pork and goat skewers, some of the personal plates, and a couple of the shareable dishes. Boom - coma.
  • Options

Dude, sooo good - get some pork and goat skewers, some of the personal plates, and a couple of the shareable dishes. Boom - coma.
    Can't go wrong with that. Sounds awesome.

Dude, Izumi is an awesome spot too.
  • Options

Yeah, man, that area is spoiled. Even a couple blocks down from me at 11th & Jackson there's a new place called Pho-ladelphia. Really, really good and cheap. City is blowin' up.
  • Options

Yeah, man, that area is spoiled. Even a couple blocks down from me at 11th & Jackson there's a new place called Pho-ladelphia. Really, really good and cheap. City is blowin' up.
    Very spoiled. Trying to make the rounds in that hood.

Pho 75 is my spot. Would have to be something special to get me to cheat on them.
  • Options
    Just had Salmon Curry from Little Thai Market in RT. Fucking A!
    Le Virtù is the shit. Gotta go back soon.

Ten was a week ago. The banner. All that. Wow
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

I love Ralph's. Interesting that you mention it. I just drove through KOP just now and there was sign for Ralph's outside of a Sheraton Hotel (least I think it's a Sheraton). Right near the new Wegmans. I guess it's a franchise. Are there other ones?

Weird
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I love Ralph's. Interesting that you mention it. I just drove through KOP just now and there was sign for Ralph's outside of a Sheraton Hotel (least I think it's a Sheraton). Right near the new Wegmans. I guess it's a franchise. Are there other ones?

Weird
    Yeah, I think they ended up branching out with that one. Don't think it's a franchise, but that they wanted to open one up in KOP.

But, yes, definitely weird.
  • Options
    I'll be damned - just checked their website. They are franchising. Well, that sucks.
  • Options

I'll be damned - just checked their website. They are franchising. Well, that sucks.

Always thought they were overrated.

• Options

Always thought they were overrated.
    Eh, yeah, your usual sauce (FUCK GRAVY) and pasta joint. Always liked it more for how old it was, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I like Dante & Luigi's more, but it's good for what it is. But yeah, a kind of novelty South Philly Italian pasta spot. Not a fan of the franchising thing.

Apparently we're heading to Tre Scalini instead tonight.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Ahhh, back to the Avenue with ya.