Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited May 2016
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

I liked the setlist a lot. Don't mean to nit pick, but I do prefer the slow burn openers over what they're doing on this tour.

Open with Wash tonight pussies

hoping for of the girl
    saw that open in newark '10. pretty awesome

I'm cool with any of the slower burn songs. Once opening was blah
    I can go both ways (no homo haha). I dig the slow songs to open but sometimes I like
    Just jumping into it and rocking out. I thought they were diving right into ten last night with the music they came out to
    I feel strongly about this. Last night, Made in America, etc. Not a fan.

Wash or Long Road tonight.

Oceans mid-set was cool. Hoping for Blood, Leash, Comatose, Supersonic, Dirty Frank tonight.

I feel strongly the opposite way. I much prefer something like "Go" to open a show than something like "Release". "Release" is like slowly seeping into a swimming pool. "Go" is like just running of the deck and doing a cannonball.

One of the many things that made seeing Ten front-to-back last night so awesome was seeing things like Release (so often used as an opening song) or Alive and Porch (usually set-closers) out of place so to speak.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Hearing porch 45 minutes into a show was insane and awesome
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485

I'm pretty certain that was my favorite show ever

Never thought I'd see a show that compared to 8/28/03 again but last night is just about there. Incredible show. And Ed's voice somehow has made a huge comeback this tour. Quite surprising to say the least.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Not a bad start for the young bucks--

With 245 strikeouts in 216 1/3 innings, the Phillies have set a Major League Baseball record for SO/9 ratio in the month of April
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296

hearing Alive as the 3rd song was mind blowing. the energy at that point was as high as you can get for early in the show. Night 1 was good but Night 2 was one of the best for sure. Crowd was way better Night 2 i thought as well.

2 great nights. you always can come out of PJ shows wanting to have heard a different 10 or 20 songs but how can you complain? I mean this band is just at a level right now that is unmatched. First saw them in 1998, then 2000, and pretty much every year since 2003 and I honestly think they are better today than ever. It's just incredible the level they are at these days.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited May 2016
    Shows were great, especially Friday. I still think MMJ is the best live band on the planet though (they don't play stuff like Last Kiss, Just Breathe, Sirens, etc)

I'm sure they will bring it at MSG the next two nights. Best concert venue on the planet -- cannot wait to get up there. New York City is the best
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

hearing Alive as the 3rd song was mind blowing. the energy at that point was as high as you can get for early in the show. Night 1 was good but Night 2 was one of the best for sure. Crowd was way better Night 2 i thought as well.

2 great nights. you always can come out of PJ shows wanting to have heard a different 10 or 20 songs but how can you complain? I mean this band is just at a level right now that is unmatched. First saw them in 1998, then 2000, and pretty much every year since 2003 and I honestly think they are better today than ever. It's just incredible the level they are at these days.
    Not sure about better today than ever but, yeah I guess it's close. Crazy thing is they are all about 50 years old now, right? What band that old, 25 years into their career still brings this kind of energy? I can't think of one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Shows were great, especially Friday. I still think MMJ is the best live band on the planet though (they don't play stuff like Last Kiss, Just Breathe, Sirens, etc)

I'm sure they will bring it at MSG the next two nights. Best concert venue on the planet -- cannot wait to get up there. New York City is the best

the Garden is probably the best venue for anything. great for hoops and hockey as well.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Not sure about better today than ever but, yeah I guess it's close. Crazy thing is they are all about 50 years old now, right? What band that old, 25 years into their career still brings this kind of energy? I can't think of one.
    I think Ed sounds way better today. i think he stopped smoking and i think that makes a huge difference. and yes the energy they bring today is quite impressive and i think higher than back in like 1998 and 2000. i mean they were pretty much statues back then. Of course it could just be that as i get older i just appreciate it more realizing that each time i see them is closer to the last time.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

I think Ed sounds way better today. i think he stopped smoking and i think that makes a huge difference. and yes the energy they bring today is quite impressive and i think higher than back in like 1998 and 2000. i mean they were pretty much statues back then. Of course it could just be that as i get older i just appreciate it more realizing that each time i see them is closer to the last time.
    Statues? The energy is different now. I like it. But I also loved the angry energy they had back in those days just as much. My biggest regret is not seeing them prior to '98 though. Would've loved to have caught the '96 tour with Jack on drums.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    His voice is so much better than it was a few years ago

Would love to have gone to one of these garden shows but my body hates me right now. I'd be in really bad shape after another one
  • Options
    Vince Velasquez: 31.1 IP, 5 ER Ken Giles: 10 IP, 10 ER
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    152-10

Let's make it happen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Vince Velasquez: 31.1 IP, 5 ER Ken Giles: 10 IP, 10 ER

A week or two ago in my fantasy league, a dude picked up Velasquez 10 minutes before I tried to do it. Bummer.

The whole staff is looking strong. It's great.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Those shows were awesome. My son said it took him about half the 1st show until he really started getting into it but he enjoyed it overall for his 1st rock show. Fuckin Up was a nice touch for him!! Night 2 I was in a club box and Ten was awesome. Of course I got shut out of shits both nights.

Phillies are pitching lights out. Can't hit for shit though but they seem to be having fun.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,259
    Sweep nays and Indians. Not a bad way to end the weekend.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Did anyone see the screen to the right of the stage, and how it looked like the photography was more....professional than the usual just zooming in on different sections of the stage? A lot of panning, fades, etc. Curious to know whether that's how all of their shows are presented on screen now, or if this was being recorded for blu-ray.
  • Options

Did anyone see the screen to the right of the stage, and how it looked like the photography was more....professional than the usual just zooming in on different sections of the stage? A lot of panning, fades, etc. Curious to know whether that's how all of their shows are presented on screen now, or if this was being recorded for blu-ray.

I did. I thought it was great.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    JK_Livin said:

Pretty sure I saw on here someone say they spotted Danny Clinch running around.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    edited May 2016

JK_Livin said:

Pretty sure I saw on here someone say they spotted Danny Clinch running around.
    Isn't Clinch from Jersey? Coincidence, I think...possibly just enjoying the show. I don't think the band cares for full concert videos. I'd love to be wrong though
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    If the season ended today, the Phililes would face the Pirates in the wildcard game. I know....I know...the season doesn't end today. But still....it's nice to be able to think about it.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

pjhawks said:

you've obviously never seen the E Street Band
  • Options

If the season ended today, the Phililes would face the Pirates in the wildcard game. I know....I know...the season doesn't end today. But still....it's nice to be able to think about it.

They'd probably be in first place if they would get rid of the loser playing first base
  • Options
    Last night were best seats I've ever had for a PJ show (those of you friends w me on FB can check out the McCready Even Flow solo he played behind his head).

The Garden is the fucking best. Arena was literally shaking the entire show last night.

Taking It To the Streets was insane
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

you've obviously never seen the E Street Band
    So...one other band.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

They'd probably be in first place if they would get rid of the loser playing first base
    I hear ya. Ruf is batting under .200. Weak.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,752
    Anyone planning on a road trip to Fenway?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

Anyone planning on a road trip to Fenway?

Yooo dude. Hope everything is going well.

The wife and I are heading to the Sunday Fenway show and making a vacation out of it. Few nights in Maine and a couple in NH the week before
  • Options
    If anyone wants to try some good beer tonight, Wicked Weed from Asheville NC will be at Monks Cafe tonight with about 20 beers.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    My god I'm exhausted. I love New York